1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    6,636 Posts
    This may not be the website you're talking about, but it does still have a lot of info on the beta stuff in the Sonic games, as well as GoldenEye: www.tcrf.net
    I think the site I saw was called detstar, but your link just gave me something to eat up all my time tonight.

Edited:

Yeah, according to my googling, the detstar guy got tired of people visiting his site for video game info, and wanted them to read his shitty webcomic instead, so he shut down his Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, etc. stuff and now only has a deviantart account for his shitty webcomics, and refuses to answer any questions about Goldeneye and all that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    1,929 Posts

Man, Dxtory is extremely hit and miss on framerate. Most of the time it's a nice 30 (Youtube maximum iirc) but it likes to tank to 15 or 20 in some places. At least it doesn't cause the game to stop like Fraps does.

Oh well, here's a crappy test run on Green Hill with Blast off, Acceleration, Speed up, and Trick Mastery. FPS is as good as it's gonna get unfortunately for me. Just sit back, relax, and let this quality video shit in your eyes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    1,911 Posts
    Yeah, according to my googling, the detstar guy got tired of people visiting his site for video game info, and wanted them to read his shitty webcomic instead, so he shut down his Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, etc. stuff and now only has a deviantart account for his shitty webcomics, and refuses to answer any questions about Goldeneye and all that.
    I loved that site when it was still up. Wasted several hours reading about Goldeneye and stuff. But that is a shitty reason to shut down a site, why bother putting up such huge sections dedicated to games if you want people to read a shitty webcomic instead?

Going off topic. Am I the only one who actually liked the Shadow The Hedgehog game? Lots of people seemed to hate it.

4. Post #44
    November 2010
    1,273 Posts
    I brought sonic cd on steam and i cant get sonic boom out of my head. I think sonic cd was the first time sonic was shown as a badass, and it works really well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

5. Post #45
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    5,642 Posts
    I brought sonic cd on steam and i cant get sonic boom out of my head. I think sonic cd was the first time sonic was shown as a badass, and it works really well.
    Because he was a quiet badass.

6. Post #46
    November 2010
    1,273 Posts
    Because he was a quiet badass.
    That's very important, actually. Althought the new voice actor is way better than the fucking fourkids one by a mile.

Edited:

Also the thread title should be "Sanic the hegog general - fhebaury editoin"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    625 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

8. Post #48
    June 2010
    12 Posts
    Wheres the Knuckles DLC. LoL.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

9. Post #49
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    6,953 Posts
    The people porting over Unleashed levels - think there will be Classic ones?
    I don't think there'll be any. The day time stages in Unleashed are specifically designed for Modern Sonic's style of gameplay.

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    10,285 Posts
    ...What the FUCK was that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,962 Posts
    ...What the FUCK was that
    Apparently he found a spot in the level that you can fall through without being counted as dead - and skipped the level loading. The loading trigger was probably in the 'run down the side of the building' segment, but he skipped that so yeah.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    1,929 Posts
    I like how he was still 7th on the boards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,428 Posts
    Apparently he found a spot in the level that you can fall through without being counted as dead - and skipped the level loading. The loading trigger was probably in the 'run down the side of the building' segment, but he skipped that so yeah.
    He had to go fast...into forever. This planet was too slow for him.

Edited:

After numerous times of me yelling "FUCK" at the top of my lungs, I finally got a better time on Rooftop Run...even if it's by one second. 2:20.

Unrelated but has Sega said anything about DLC?

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    Hey, so is Sonic Generations worth it? SA2 was my childhood. And fuck the critics, Sonic Heroes was awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,428 Posts

I still get upset when this happens. I rewatched the movie earlier.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    1,929 Posts
    He had to go fast...into forever. This planet was too slow for him.

Edited:

After numerous times of me yelling "FUCK" at the top of my lungs, I finally got a better time on Rooftop Run...even if it's by one second. 2:20.

Unrelated but has Sega said anything about DLC?
    Took me hours but I got 2:16! Those fucking red dash rings man, THOSE GODDAMN DASH RINGS. Screwed over so many times by those things, you know what I'm talkin' 'bout.

Got the run recorded but Dxtory does not like 2.5D sections and especially doesn't like trasitioning into them.

17. Post #57
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,734 Posts
    I like how he was still 7th on the boards.
    6 others are hackers.
    It's actually true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

18. Post #58
    July 2011
    452 Posts
    You forgot to mention Sonic The Hedgehog 4 for SNES in the OP. I know it's a ROM hack and it was originally a Speedy Gonzalez game, but come on. If the Zelda megathread will include the damn CD-i games, you can include Sonic 4 for SNES. Just make a section for unofficial games. I'm sure there are tons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

19. Post #59
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,734 Posts
    You forgot to mention Sonic The Hedgehog 4 for SNES in the OP. I know it's a ROM hack and it was originally a Speedy Gonzalez game, but come on. If the Zelda megathread will include the damn CD-i games, you can include Sonic 4 for SNES. Just make a section for unofficial games. I'm sure there are tons.
    Zelda CDi games are official what the fuck are you talking about.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

20. Post #60
    July 2011
    452 Posts
    Zelda CDi games are official what the fuck are you talking about.
    Well if you want to get technical about it, yes, yes they are, in the sense that they had Nintendo's permission to use those characters. But they're non-canonical, meaning they're not considered part of the Zelda series, as they have absolutely no part in the timeline. However, I never even said that the CD-i games were unofficial. I said to make a section in the OP about the unofficial Sonic games, so I can see where your misunderstanding came from.

I just think it should be included in the OP because it's not all that well known and it's an interesting tid-bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    November 2010
    1,273 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,962 Posts
    Well if you want to get technical about it, yes, yes they are, in the sense that they had Nintendo's permission to use those characters. But they're non-canonical, meaning they're not considered part of the Zelda series, as they have absolutely no part in the timeline. However, I never even said that the CD-i games were unofficial. I said to make a section in the OP about the unofficial Sonic games, so I can see where your misunderstanding came from.

I just think it should be included in the OP because it's not all that well known and it's an interesting tid-bit.
    I merely put in the main titles, which I noted I did and that anyone who wants to talk about side titles, like the Advance or Rush series and things like the Game Gear games, can bring it up and all. Romhacks and pirate knockoffs don't exactly count as any of those things.

The CD-I games exist because Nintendo made a deal and then when the games were horrible, they booted it into discontinuity. You're talking about a 'game' that some random shmuck(s) made unofficially and is merely an edit of another game.

23. Post #63
    April 2009
    5,642 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

24. Post #64
    November 2010
    1,273 Posts

Edited:

I have one.

Lucky bastard. How's the articulation? Has anything snapped off?

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,428 Posts
    That's what I'm expecting    Only in 5 inch form   .

From what I've heard, the articulation is great on it.

26. Post #66
    November 2010
    1,273 Posts
    That's what I'm expecting    Only in 5 inch form   .

From what I've heard, the articulation is great on it.
    I'm probably going to get 5 inches too. When's yours arriving? Apparently people have been having trouble with snapping of feet, so be careful if you plan to move those about.

27. Post #67
    Better Than Jacknife
    December 2009
    8,558 Posts
    I'm probably going to get 5 inches too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,428 Posts
    I'm probably going to get 5 inches too. When's yours arriving? Apparently people have been having trouble with snapping of feet, so be careful if you plan to move those about.
    Tomorrow, actually - the 6th. Maybe tuesday.

29. Post #69
    November 2010
    1,273 Posts
    -snip-

Edited:

Tomorrow, actually - the 6th. Maybe tuesday.
    Cool stuff. You should take pics.

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    17,962 Posts

Huh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 7Late Late x 2 (list)

31. Post #71
    November 2010
    1,273 Posts
    Is there any news on those stage hacks by the way, guys?

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,428 Posts
    -snip-

Edited:

Cool stuff. You should take pics.
    I plan too. A friend bought me it so I'm entitled too

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts

First of all, there's a movie? All I remember about animated Sonic was the TV show WAY back in the day. God, that must have been 10+ years ago. I watched it while I ate cereal in my pajamas.

Also, what the fuck. Metal Sonic's always been an asshole. Is Sonic really just that naively GOOD?

34. Post #74
    November 2010
    1,273 Posts
    First of all, there's a movie? All I remember about animated Sonic was the TV show WAY back in the day. God, that must have been 10+ years ago. I watched it while I ate cereal in my pajamas.

Also, what the fuck. Metal Sonic's always been an asshole. Is Sonic really just that naively GOOD?
    He's not an asshole. he admits his defeat and realizes that he's not the real sonic, and i'd say that's a pretty honourable defeat. robots are built on logic, remember?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJvlmiJS9zc
    Here's the full movie.

35. Post #75
    Dennab
    June 2010
    7,636 Posts
    all characters and no team chaotix
    disappointing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    15,240 Posts
    He's not an asshole. he admits his defeat and realizes that he's not the real sonic, and i'd say that's a pretty honourable defeat. robots are built on logic, remember?

Here's the full movie.
    I watched about five minutes and then remembered why I stopped watching the TV show.

Mother of god, my ears.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    10,881 Posts

Man, Dxtory is extremely hit and miss on framerate. Most of the time it's a nice 30 (Youtube maximum iirc) but it likes to tank to 15 or 20 in some places. At least it doesn't cause the game to stop like Fraps does.

Oh well, here's a crappy test run on Green Hill with Blast off, Acceleration, Speed up, and Trick Mastery. FPS is as good as it's gonna get unfortunately for me. Just sit back, relax, and let this quality video shit in your eyes.
    i have no idea why but i had a great laugh at "poopy run"

38. Post #78
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,289 Posts

Here's the full movie.
    The dubing in that film is TERRIBLE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,312 Posts
    I can stand the voice-acting. It's kind of funny to listen to

40. Post #80
    April 2009
    5,642 Posts

Metal Sonic is the ONE evil character in this series that should never, ever be portrayed as anything but a terrifying monster. In my opinion.