1. Post #9881
    July 2011
    3,500 Posts
    How can I use mechjeb to rendezvous with my small space station?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

2. Post #9882
    HEY GUYS, DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE'S A NEW STEAMGROUP FOR PLAYING HALF-LIFE 1 AND 2 DEATHMATCH WITH OTHER FACEPUNCHERS?? WE USUALLY PLAY GAMES A COUPLE TIMES A WEEK AND IF YOU JOIN OUR STEAM GROUP WE'LL LET YOU KNOW WHEN WE'RE PLAYING!! CLICK HERE TO JOIN!
    Dennab
    April 2007
    10,941 Posts
    I'm making a Juno DSM ship with two extra probes so i can map the moons or whatever, all this staging shit is harder than getting it there.
    when you launch it ALL the mapping things try to map at the same time and it makes it really laggy. there is no way i know of to turn them off
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #9883
    🚑 Sarcasm Wambulance 🚑
    January 2009
    14,959 Posts
    How can I control a craft after EVA'ing one man? And can I somehow control sattelites I deploy with a SAS?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

4. Post #9884
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,397 Posts
    I'm hopping for an option to load the whole game into ram! Everything!!
    put the game install on a ramdisk??

Edited:

How can I control a craft after EVA'ing one man? And can I somehow control sattelites I deploy with a SAS?
    Use [ ] to switch people/crafts which are nearby or the tracking station at the space center. As for the satellites, there is a RemoteControl mod which allows you to remotely control stuff from space
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #9885
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    10,797 Posts
    Wha the christ, I had Jeb falling from a plane at 2 km high or something on kerbin

he survived

Jeb is indestructible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #9886
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,829 Posts

The Krakken strikes again
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #9887
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    10,797 Posts
    Or RCS works like some kind of cushion.

Edited:

oh god damnit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #9888
    tonks erryday
    January 2005
    24,285 Posts

The Krakken strikes again
    I can't really play full on before shit blowing up from warp gets fixed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

9. Post #9889
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    14,820 Posts
    When does the problem happen? My ships only break when I'm not using enough struts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #9890
    HEY GUYS, DID YOU KNOW THAT THERE'S A NEW STEAMGROUP FOR PLAYING HALF-LIFE 1 AND 2 DEATHMATCH WITH OTHER FACEPUNCHERS?? WE USUALLY PLAY GAMES A COUPLE TIMES A WEEK AND IF YOU JOIN OUR STEAM GROUP WE'LL LET YOU KNOW WHEN WE'RE PLAYING!! CLICK HERE TO JOIN!
    Dennab
    April 2007
    10,941 Posts
    I can't really play full on before shit blowing up from warp gets fixed
    i know

what you mean

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #9891
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    11,397 Posts
    you have to launch that craft up once so mechjeb gets its LPA angle and then you can tick the time launch to rendezvous, in that menu select ur space station

Edited:

you have to launch that craft up once so mechjeb gets its LPA angle and then you can tick the time launch to rendezvous in the launch ascent, in that menu select ur space station
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #9892
    February 2011
    561 Posts
    I hope they add a bigger warp in 0.18
    100k is a lot but gets slow when going to jool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #9893
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    14,820 Posts
    Most symmetric fail I've got.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 19Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

14. Post #9894
    shatteredwindow's Boy Toy
    April 2010
    5,976 Posts
    Its like an Airshow!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #9895
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,460 Posts
    How the hell do you people transfer to other planets? I managed to get a probe with a very similar orbit to duna but they never encountered.
    If it's in a very similar orbit, it will never be caught by it. Think about it this way: in the same orbit, they would have the same velocity, so for every meter Duna moves, the probe also moves a meter. You need to make one end of the orbit lower/higher than Duna's orbit, so that each orbit your probe gets closer to Duna's orbit. It also helps if you change the conic settings so you can know when/if you'll be captured.

Still not working, or i have done my fuel lines wrong :<
    If you still need help, feel free to post it here and we can help figure it out.

16. Post #9896
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    14,820 Posts

This is fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Winner Winner x 4Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #9897
    April 2010
    5,976 Posts
    Landed on the Mun in the new update cos im a hipster and the new planets are too mainstream!

"Get down from there Jeb!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

18. Post #9898
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    14,820 Posts
    God bless the Facepuncher that made Kerbal.net.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

19. Post #9899
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    22,663 Posts
    I changed my conic to draw mode three, but it looks like they changed how its drawn

20. Post #9900
    TIME ALLEN
    May 2008
    1,711 Posts
    i'm done with this game

fuck this
    seriously
    it's unacceptable

has squad even acknowledged it yet??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #9901
    February 2011
    561 Posts
    Never had any problems like that

Also is that weird looking crater on Moho an easter egg or just an accident
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events

22. Post #9902
    April 2010
    5,976 Posts
    Never had any problems like that

Also is that weird looking crater on Moho an easter egg or just an accident
    the one that looks like a cats asshole?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #9903
    HUGE NERD
    November 2007
    6,023 Posts

am I doing this right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #9904
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,270 Posts
    I changed my conic to draw mode three, but it looks like they changed how its drawn
    There's draw mode, which controls how the conics are displayed, and there's also a limit, which controls how many orbits/encounters/etc. the conics will predict forward to. They're right next to each other in the file I think, so you probably just got the wrong one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #9905
    December 2008
    22,663 Posts
    There's draw mode, which controls how the conics are displayed, and there's also a limit, which controls how many orbits/encounters/etc. the conics will predict forward to. They're right next to each other in the file I think, so you probably just got the wrong one.
    i'm pretty sure i got it right

but lemme double check

can you take a screen of draw mode three with a mun flyby?

26. Post #9906
    February 2011
    561 Posts
    the one that looks like a cats asshole?
    Yes , that one
    Kinda funny since Duna has a huge kerbal like face somewhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #9907
    wasted $2 on a title
    June 2007
    1,266 Posts
    God bless the Facepuncher that made Kerbal.net.
    facepunchers*

and speaking of kerbalnet, we've reached 30k unique visitors (31,058 as of now) - total of 168.05 GB (2020.5 KB/Visit) used and almost 30k downloads (27,115 as of now)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Winner Winner x 6Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #9908
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    271 Posts
    facepunchers*

and speaking of kerbalnet, we've reached 30k unique visitors (31,058 as of now) - total of 168.05 GB (2020.5 KB/Visit) used and almost 30k downloads (27,115 as of now)
    Edit: I can't seem to download stuff from KerbalNet :( It loads indefinetely.

I'm on Chrome 21.0.1180.89 if it helps.

Seems to work on Firefox.

29. Post #9909
    Dennab
    November 2009
    14,761 Posts
    What do the patched conics settings do? Just now found them in the settings file.

30. Post #9910
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,659 Posts
    Today the RD-0440 was strapped into the test stand for a full burn test to make sure it would not over heat from firing.

Overhauled version features Shorter Profile, simpler less cluttered plumbing, Extendable Space nozzle, and a lovely radioactive glow in the night or space skies :) I also made the nozzle the only thing that vectors. Now the whole engine will not flap about like a fish out of water.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 7Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #9911
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,460 Posts
    What do the patched conics settings do? Just now found them in the settings file.
    One changes how they're drawn (relative to which body), and the other has it calculate further ahead.

32. Post #9912
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,270 Posts
    i'm pretty sure i got it right

but lemme double check

can you take a screen of draw mode three with a mun flyby?
    Oh, my bad. I thought you were trying to increase the limit and changed the draw mode instead. Hold on a minute.

This wasn't a flyby so much as a head-on fly-in at the time. But I have no idea what I'm looking at with that particular mode of conics, so.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

33. Post #9913
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,374 Posts
    We're going to need a new thread soon. (!)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #9914
    December 2008
    22,663 Posts
    thread title discussion time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #9915
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    9,268 Posts
    Did someone ask how to use RAMDisk for KSP? I made a self post on the subreddit about doing that with an elaborate tutorial and everything but like 3 people said it was pointless "because KSP loads into RAM anyways".

It really helps with initial load times, cuts it by half for low RPM drives, and about 25% for high rpm(10,000) drives
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

36. Post #9916
    Dennab
    June 2008
    20,723 Posts
    Is it just me or is the KSP forums the most broken vBulletin forum in existence. First I try to login with 5 of my passwords, of which one would HAVE to be the password I chose, and yet it tells me none of them are it. So I reset my password, after having to temporarily switch to firefox when the captcha image wouldn't ever match up in Opera, and I proceed to wait 15 minutes and try to login with the new random numbers and letters password the forum emailed me after confirming to reset my password.

yeah alright

There needs to be some kind of forumwide message to NOT UPLOAD YOUR MODS TO THE KSP FORUMS DIRECTLY and use mediafire or any other kind of file hoster. And image hoster too for that matter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

37. Post #9917

Lit 🔥 Member

February 2011
    21,425 Posts
    space cthulhu edition
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #9918
    December 2008
    22,663 Posts
    please login to reset your password

Edited:

also inacio i would do that if i could find the thing that makes your text look all cthuluy

Edited:

found it

"Kerbal Space Program V3 "s̳̰̝̬̜͇ͣ̉͌ͮͩp͇̗a̦̋ͫc͓̣̪̥͊͐͊̾ͭͨe͙̤͕̭̳̻͓͑ͦ ̝̈́͒ͅc̐̾ẗ̻̣́͗̂ͣ̈̅ͅh̬̹̰̹̙̜̮ͯ̎̎u̜̳l̞̱̫͇̱͇̓ͮũ͑ͤ̓͂ ͚͔͈̱͓̐e̿ͧ̊ͬͧ̐ḓ͓͔͖͎̔̂̑͋̈́i̦͉̮ͧt͎̳͓͚͎̪̒ȉ̗͈̥̟̥͈̂͛ͩ̽ͯ̓ o̯̯̙̺͉̮͈ͬ̾ͯ̓̓ͤń͐̀͐́͑̑"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #9919
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,862 Posts
    How do/can I control staging on a seperated part of a ship controlled with MechJeb?

40. Post #9920
    December 2008
    22,663 Posts
    "Kerbal Space Program V3: C'thulu is the new Kraken

(x is the new black)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)