1. Post #8201
    HUGE NERD
    November 2007
    6,023 Posts
    I'm flattered you're using my Mercury-Redstone rocket picture
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #8202

Lit 🔥 Member

February 2011
    21,419 Posts
    You can currently edit someone else's description

And can't you add a category "Parts" for mods that aren't plugins? It's like it's focusing too much on saves right now (SPH and VAB on top)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #8203
    July 2011
    3,500 Posts
    I fucking hate it when mechjeb doesnt use SAS

it like chooses to use it or not
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #8204
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    914 Posts
    I'm flattered you're using my Mercury-Redstone rocket picture
    Well it is such a nice picture c:

Edited:

I put some of my god awful craft files up

Edited:

You can currently edit someone else's description

And can't you add a category "Parts" for mods that aren't plugins? It's like it's focusing too much on saves right now (SPH and VAB on top)
    Erm the editing business should be fixed, problem was due to some dev environment settings still be enabled. If not logout and in again.

also added the "Parts" category as requested. would love to see some more on it ;D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

5. Post #8205

Lit 🔥 Member

February 2011
    21,419 Posts
    still not fixed broski

Edited:

check the site
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

6. Post #8206
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    914 Posts
    still not fixed broski

Edited:

check the site
    Haha nice edit, I found out what's causing it and fixed it c:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #8207
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    22,659 Posts
    account creation not creating for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8208
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    3,403 Posts
    Try logging in anyway. Worked for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #8209
    December 2008
    22,659 Posts
    waaacky

okay, it worked
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #8210
    July 2010
    1,356 Posts

Lunar orbit after S-IVB sep
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #8211
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,177 Posts
    How do you use two command pods? Is it an addon with one as a placeable part in the VAB?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #8212
    July 2010
    1,356 Posts
    How do you use two command pods? Is it an addon with one as a placeable part in the VAB?
    Yeah, it's the 2 meter pod addon, I also added the BACE unmanned controller.. but I'm not sure it actually does anything in 0.16

You can only control it manually though, so you cant use SAS or mechjeb (i have it on anyway for data).

It's fine for getting home, you don't need a perfect trajectory for that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #8213
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,659 Posts
    look pa guys are spacex fans. the big guy has the same desktop bg image as me and surely a few hundred others :D

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

14. Post #8214
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,539 Posts

Welcome to the irritational space station!
    You might think it's too simple to be practical in science, but has a claw on it so you know it's legit!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

15. Post #8215
    July 2010
    1,356 Posts
    Believe it or not that was the FIRST SUBVERSION that I've worked on for this project, it was preceded by about 50+ test flights of similar craft that all fucked up, but that was the first version that worked. It worked surprisingly well at that, too. However, it still needs A LOT of work, mainly a bit more lift, re-positioning of the landing gear so they don't look out of place, and more fuel needs to be fit in somewhere. If you want I can still upload this version, or wait a day or so and I'll upload the final version of the basic variant?
    I'll wait, I'd love to see what you can do with it, I am hopeless at building large aircraft in KSP.

edit:
    The updated MEM is pretty good, and it isn't too big either.

I was able to fit a small station part for longer missions due to the MEM pod size.

16. Post #8216
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    11,777 Posts
    neat

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 10Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #8217
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,539 Posts

PIMP MY RIDE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

18. Post #8218
    "CERTIFIED" SYSTEMS BUILDER
    June 2007
    2,593 Posts
    yo dawg, we heard you like jet engines...

19. Post #8219
    wasted $2 on a title
    June 2007
    1,266 Posts
    when you aren't logged in, there's a button for 'edit mod page' on the mod page
    Thanks, fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 New Zealand Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #8220
    2014 SH Pun Award Nominee
    Dennab
    January 2009
    24,631 Posts

PIMP MY RIDE
    yo dawg, we heard you like jet engines...

Am I doing it right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #8221
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,659 Posts
    So Nova has some facial hair eh? and apparently wings?

http://kerbaldevteam.tumblr.com/post...23151/the-crew

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Winner Winner x 2 (list)

22. Post #8222
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #8223
    May 2012
    300 Posts
    I'll wait, I'd love to see what you can do with it, I am hopeless at building large aircraft in KSP.
    Here you go:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/97427505/G-180.craft

I adjusted the wheel position so it doesn't look retarded, redid the wings so they don't look retarded (they are also now more functional and provide more lift), and redid the cargo bay, so it doesn't act retarded. Right now it has a sample payload in it which can be replaced. The way it works is that you stage which blasts off the bottom panels, then stage again which actually drops the payload.

By the way, the fuel efficiency on that version is SHIT, so if you want to adjust anything feel free. My goal is to have it be able to transverse 50% of Kerbin, right now it transverses maybe 25% and runs out of fuel. I'm just working on a bigger project at the moment. Speaking of which, ladies and gentlemen I present to you, Munbase Alpha (JOHN MADDEN):

Final goal is to have 8 more Kerbal Sustainment Modules (those little pod things towards the back), 2 more Munar Transport Vehicles (those carts), 2 MUVs (those carts + some UTILITY looking shit), some other building's i'll dub as everything between laboratories and supply sheds, a command center so I don't have to give a shit about the Mun's COMSAT array, and finally a Neil Armstrong memorial. I also plan to construct three bases on the Mun, maybe more in the future. This one will remain the largest.

Text-to-speech not included, sorry   

Edited:

Am I doing it right?
    There isn't any other way other than right in that sort of context

Edited:

Does anyone know how to change your LAN?
    Look into purchasing a new modem or switching ISPs?

No but seriously, if LAN is the Longitude of the Ascending Node, shouldn't you just thrust Normal/Anti-Normal 90 degrees away from it in your orbit? I have no idea if that is correct, that is just what intuition is telling me. Plot twist however: I'm probably wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

24. Post #8224
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,968 Posts
    Here you go:
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/97427505/G-180.craft

I adjusted the wheel position so it doesn't look retarded, redid the wings so they don't look retarded (they are also now more functional and provide more lift), and redid the cargo bay, so it doesn't act retarded. Right now it has a sample payload in it which can be replaced. The way it works is that you stage which blasts off the bottom panels, then stage again which actually drops the payload.

By the way, the fuel efficiency on that version is SHIT, so if you want to adjust anything feel free. My goal is to have it be able to transverse 50% of Kerbin, right now it transverses maybe 25% and runs out of fuel. I'm just working on a bigger project at the moment. Speaking of which, ladies and gentlemen I present to you, Munbase Alpha (JOHN MADDEN):

Final goal is to have 8 more Kerbal Sustainment Modules (those little pod things towards the back), 2 more Munar Transport Vehicles (those carts), 2 MUVs (those carts + some UTILITY looking shit), some other building's i'll dub as everything between laboratories and supply sheds, a command center so I don't have to give a shit about the Mun's COMSAT array, and finally a Neil Armstrong memorial. I also plan to construct three bases on the Mun, maybe more in the future. This one will remain the largest.

Text-to-speech not included, sorry   

Edited:

There isn't any other way other than right in that sort of context

Edited:

Look into purchasing a new modem or switching ISPs?

No but seriously, if LAN is the Longitude of the Ascending Node, shouldn't you just thrust Normal/Anti-Normal 90 degrees away from it in your orbit? I have no idea if that is correct, that is just what intuition is telling me. Plot twist however: I'm probably wrong.

Your posts are fun to read. Keep it up!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

25. Post #8225
    TIME ALLEN
    May 2008
    1,711 Posts
    Why are aerospikes so under appreciated?
    I use them on my best rocket (which has gone to the minmus and back)
    They're efficient as hell.

Is it the fitting issues?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #8226
    Self-Proclaimed New-Garry
    January 2012
    344 Posts
    0.17 Experimentals confirmed for started, or so I've seen (I'm not a tester BTW).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #8227
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,659 Posts
    0.17 Experimentals confirmed for started, or so I've seen (I'm not a tester BTW).
    Not true.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #8228
    January 2012
    344 Posts

Alright maybe I was a little early in declaring that.
    But at least those of us who aren't testers can get our bearings on the state of the release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

29. Post #8229
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,968 Posts
    What does this mean? Does it mean that people who own the game will get access to an early build of 0.17?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Late Late x 1 (list)

30. Post #8230
    January 2012
    344 Posts
    What does this mean? Does it mean that people who own the game will get access to an early build of 0.17?
    No it means that 0.17 has reached a state of mostly feature-complete, and that testers can now do a private bug-screening. It's a good sign that release is not forever away.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #8231
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    9,600 Posts
    it means a bunch of people cooler than us get to play the new version before everyone else for no real reason
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #8232
    December 2008
    22,659 Posts
    Let's keep it civil guys

no need to start insulting their terrible experimental ideas
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #8233
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,968 Posts
    it means a bunch of people cooler than us get to play the new version before everyone else for no real reason
    I guess it makes more sense, given that at the moment their game doesn't have ANY sort of DRM, not even low-level stuff like a CD-key. Any link to an experimental version would probably just get passed around like crazy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

34. Post #8234
    December 2008
    22,659 Posts
    I guess it makes more sense, given that at the moment their game doesn't have ANY sort of DRM, not even low-level stuff like a CD-key. Any link to an experimental version would probably just get passed around like crazy
    it wasn't for that actually

it was because 10 year olds were playing it then whining about known bugs/repeating bug reports that already existed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Friendly Friendly x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #8235
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,968 Posts
    it wasn't for that actually

it was because 10 year olds were playing it then whining about known bugs/repeating bug reports that already existed
    Then Squad should have a more streamlined method of bug reporting, I think. Maybe a pre-set form that sends it all to a dedicated email account that they can skim through and easily dismiss the redundant reports, instead of relying on forum threads which easily get cluttered with replies to posts and off-topic stuff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #8236
    December 2008
    22,659 Posts
    Then Squad should have a more streamlined method of bug reporting, I think. Maybe a pre-set form that sends it all to a dedicated email account that they can skim through and easily dismiss the redundant reports, instead of relying on forum threads which easily get cluttered with replies to posts and off-topic stuff
    uuu
    that sounds like a worse idea, no offense
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

37. Post #8237
    January 2012
    344 Posts
    After that shitstorm with 0.14 Experimentals, you can't really blame them for wanting to be more organized and sane about it, but they handled it wrong IMO. What they should have done was make experimentals only available to people who have bought the game, instead of just posting them on the forums like they used to, and setting up a proper bugtracking network instead of some shitty subforum people spammed with the same bug reports over and over again that made everything impossible to sort through.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #8238
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,419 Posts
    There's so much free bug tracking software available that I'm not sure why they would want to use a forum to collect them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #8239
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    5,918 Posts
    Is there any way to better secure my command module fuel tanks I secure it to? Several times, including my first landing on Minmus my module detached from RCS Fuselage, I've tried adding struts between the two but I don't think it helps.

40. Post #8240
    Dennab
    June 2008
    20,723 Posts
    Is there any way to better secure my command module fuel tanks I secure it to? Several times, including my first landing on Minmus my module detached from RCS Fuselage, I've tried adding struts between the two but I don't think it helps.
    Struts in all the places you want to, with only one actually attached to the command module, and all the rest manually attached via the rod connector strut things. That's the only way I know of doing it, and it's less useful when you want to do things like command modules or other important pieces that will be in the final stages of your flight, because after detaching the tri-shaped connector things they'll leave the rocket but stick to whatever they were manually rodded to. Obviously.