1. Post #23161
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    10,301 Posts
    Alliance military ranks are just confusing. It's a bizarre combination of Marine and Navy rankings.

ENLISTED

Serviceman 3rd Class/Private 2nd Class
    Serviceman 2nd Class/Private 1st Class
    Serviceman 1st Class/Corporal

NCOs
    Service Chief
    Gunnery Chief
    Operations Chief

OFFICERS
    2nd Lieutenant
    1st Lieutenant
    Staff Lieutenant
    Lieutenant Commander
    Staff Commander
    Captain/Major
    Rear Admiral/General
    Admiral
    Fleet Admiral

So Shepard and Kaiden are equal in ranks. Shepard's a Captain in the Alliance Navy and Kaiden's a major in the Alliance Marines.
    Does it specifically state that Major is on par with Captain, because normally Colonel would be the equivalent Marine rank.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

2. Post #23162
    Quite so, ol' chap.
    December 2011
    2,817 Posts
    Alliance military ranks are just confusing. It's a bizarre combination of Marine and Navy rankings.

ENLISTED

Serviceman 3rd Class/Private 2nd Class
    Serviceman 2nd Class/Private 1st Class
    Serviceman 1st Class/Corporal

NCOs
    Service Chief
    Gunnery Chief
    Operations Chief

OFFICERS
    2nd Lieutenant
    1st Lieutenant
    Staff Lieutenant
    Lieutenant Commander
    Staff Commander
    Captain/Major
    Rear Admiral/General
    Admiral
    Fleet Admiral

So Shepard and Kaiden are equal in ranks. Shepard's a Captain in the Alliance Navy and Kaiden's a major in the Alliance Marines.
    I'm pretty sure Shepard once corrected a Quarian Captain who called Shepard "Captain Shepard". To which he/she said "It's Commander, not Captain."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #23163
    Lots Of Speculation For Everyone
    April 2008
    1,832 Posts
    On a ship a Commander will outrank it's equivalent in the army and be equivalent to the army rank above but still make the orders, so on the Normandy Shepard outranks Kaiden. On the ground Kaiden would technically outrank him but Shep is a spectre so it doesn't apply.

Edited:

also, for old times sake:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #23164
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    20,565 Posts
    Shep was clearly pretty unpopular with the brass after the whole mess with the alpha relay and Cerberus. Anderson and Hackett were probably the only higher-ups that backed him.

Edited:

Which is why Shep hasn't been promoted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

5. Post #23165
    Original 300 elitist.
    January 2005
    1,732 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Artistic Artistic x 15Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #23166
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,987 Posts
    So I was playing Mass Effect 1, used a relay and this happened. Bug, or foreshadowing by Bioware? You decide.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 31 (list)

7. Post #23167
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,406 Posts
    i should really read previous pages
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #23168
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    7,328 Posts
    Look just a few posts back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #23169
    I was nice to a hobo once and he bought me this title
    May 2010
    5,562 Posts
    Manguard aims for the stars! Started at wave 4-5, lasted until the end.

Also no editing was made, was too lazy on this one.
    So this happens to other people as well? I get this glitch very often after I get revived.

It's pretty cool when you realize you can't die, but then you start falling through the map.

10. Post #23170
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    7,328 Posts
    You know what I think would be nice?    If, after Shepard gets knocked out by the beam (indoctrination theory etc.), we see his two squadmates carrying him to the beam while he tries to regain consciousness. And after you reach the citadel, your squadmates have to split up for some reason, and you briefly get to play as each of them. Afterwards, Shepard finally wakes up, regains his strength, and you play as him for the final battle.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

11. Post #23171
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,247 Posts
    i should really read previous pages
    Well, When you are away from it for a day and there is 400 new posts when you get back, it's tempting to skip a few
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #23172
    Dennab
    September 2010
    3,755 Posts
    Heh, just sided with Tali in the    Geth/Gypsy conflict. Him choking shepard was really fuggen awesome, if you ask me. Really shows that he cares for his species, unlike Tali, who just kills herself and doesn't try to stop Shepurd   

I reloaded afterwards of course, mainly to see Tali    --------die   

Such a sweet sight
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #23173
    "some of those dragon dildo designs are pretty cool"
    February 2007
    10,173 Posts

Such a sweet sight
    >: (
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

14. Post #23174
    Dennab
    September 2010
    3,755 Posts
       I just love how she looks into the sky of her homeworld in despair, only to see the last remnants of her species die.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #23175
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    17,630 Posts
    Udina posted:
    "The new Council has to rule with a single voice, Humanity."
    Why is there a Turian, Asari and Salarian councilor then that hold just as much power as Udina? I thought a huge point about the Renegade ending was that people saw Humanity as a rogue species that conquered the Citadel for political dominance.

16. Post #23176
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    366 Posts
    The music during    grunt's solo fight against the rachni    was simply amazing, sent shivers down my spine seeing him    'go down fighting'   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

17. Post #23177
    Puddin'
    November 2008
    6,821 Posts
    Why is there a Turian, Asari and Salarian councilor then that hold just as much power as Udina? I thought a huge point about the Renegade ending was that people saw Humanity as a rogue species that conquered the Citadel for political dominance.
    The Councilors don't have much power to begin with. They're just representatives of their species' governments.

18. Post #23178
    Dennab
    September 2010
    3,755 Posts
    The Councilors don't have much power to begin with. They're just representatives of their species.
    The council is just the Space UN, so the only thing they do is putting sanctions on stuff.

And occasionally sending spectres
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

19. Post #23179
    [SIZE=6][COLOR="#EE82EE"]Hardcore My Little Pony Fan[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    July 2008
    5,406 Posts
    Heh, just sided with Tali in the    Geth/Gypsy conflict. Him choking shepard was really fuggen awesome, if you ask me. Really shows that he cares for his species, unlike Tali, who just kills herself and doesn't try to stop Shepurd   

Such a sweet sight
        the part where legion chokes shepard, that was recycled animation from ME1 where saren chokes shepard in virmire :V    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 9Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #23180
    Dennab
    September 2010
    3,755 Posts
        the part where legion chokes shepard, that was recycled animation from ME1 where saren chokes shepard in virmire :V    
    You ruined it for me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

21. Post #23181
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2006
    6,471 Posts
    The music during    grunt's solo fight against the rachni    was simply amazing, sent shivers down my spine seeing him    'go down fighting'   
    8 Shots with a 1 round shotgun

action alalalalalalala
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

22. Post #23182
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    14,820 Posts

action alalalalalalala
    RAMON FILM PRODUCTIONS - Who killed Captain Alex???

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

23. Post #23183
    Dennab
    September 2010
    3,755 Posts
    RAMON FILM PRODUCTIONS - Who killed Captain Alex???

Edited:

It's [media], not [video]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

24. Post #23184
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    7,761 Posts
    Actually it is [video] nowdays? I think both works.

25. Post #23185
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    15,925 Posts
    You know what I think would be nice?    If, after Shepard gets knocked out by the beam (indoctrination theory etc.), we see his two squadmates carrying him to the beam while he tries to regain consciousness. And after you reach the citadel, your squadmates have to split up for some reason, and you briefly get to play as each of them. Afterwards, Shepard finally wakes up, regains his strength, and you play as him for the final battle.   
    I don't understand why they want Shepard alone at the end. He had a team at the end of both previous games. If he didn't have a team he would fail, it was the entire point of Mass effect 2. Now they want him to be Space Jesus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #23186
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    8,247 Posts
    This game really wants me to die in Multiplayer

I got like 80+ of any equipment EXCEPT for medigel, which i have Zero off

And i'v not gotten any in like 20 packs

Why does it want me to die

27. Post #23187
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    7,761 Posts
    How come all you guys have such problems with medigel? I got pretty much medigel, but I don't use it very often, I save it to when it's extremely neccesary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #23188
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    4,132 Posts
    How come all you guys have such problems with medigel? I got pretty much medigel, but I don't use it very often, I save it to when it's extremely neccesary.
    When you play on Gold you'll see why medigel is a necessity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #23189
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    6,987 Posts
    I'm going crazy, one more keeper to scan and I can't find it. I've run all over the Citadel.

30. Post #23190
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    14,820 Posts
    It's [media], not [video]
    I got taught by a primitive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #23191
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,633 Posts

action alalalalalalala
    the canon is proper in that scene. proper weapons maintenance would not let you do what grunt does in that scene, but firing 8 shots where shepard would normally empty the clip after 1 is perfectly fine, if not for the condition of the weapon
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

32. Post #23192
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    366 Posts

action alalalalalalala
    mass effect fields
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #23193
    Dennab
    September 2010
    3,755 Posts
    I got taught by a primitive.
    This hurts me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

34. Post #23194
    Ah yes "opinions"
    October 2005
    16,289 Posts
    By the way, in the ending cinematic, I wanna know what the fuck this guy was thinking:

Yeah, shoot at the landing reaper with your RIFLE, that's gonna fuck him up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 9Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #23195
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    15,925 Posts
    Maybe he's shooting a husk on a roof.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #23196
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    7,328 Posts
    I don't understand why they want Shepard alone at the end. He had a team at the end of both previous games. If he didn't have a team he would fail, it was the entire point of Mass effect 2. Now they want him to be Space Jesus.
    Hell, that was the entire point of all of the games. Seeing his squadmates pick him up and help him finish what he started would have been a very powerful moment.

But nope. They all get abandoned instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

37. Post #23197
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    7,761 Posts
    Every bullet counts.

38. Post #23198
    Wow, never heard of THAT joke before
    April 2010
    1,002 Posts
    On other news, having played through again for the 5th time, I have noticed that if you made peace between the Geth and Quarians/sided with the Quarians, they bring in one of their liveships, presumably for supply purposes, thus rendering the argument that the Turians and Quarians stranded on Earth would starve, moot

Carry on
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #23199
    Remove anime
    July 2007
    7,761 Posts
    On other news, having played through again for the 5th time, I have noticed that if you made peace between the Geth and Quarians/sided with the Quarians, they bring in one of their liveships, presumably for supply purposes, thus rendering the argument that the Turians and Quarians stranded on Earth would starve, moot

Carry on
    I doubt one of their ships could supply such a massive fleet plus ground forces?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

40. Post #23200
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,633 Posts
    I doubt one of their ships could supply such a massive fleet plus ground forces?
    I thought the quarians are self sustaining, trade is not for food
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)