1. Post #1001
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,734 Posts
    The images background is beyond retarded. Fucking vending machine. Why?
    NeoDement is on the left.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 21Winner Winner x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #1002
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    1,566 Posts
    why are the workshop images in the OP facing vertically? wouldn't it look better and less awkward if they were facing horizontally instead?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

3. Post #1003
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    8,862 Posts

making a skirt now

I feel like it looks like ass does it look like ass
    Don't worry the pocket will be happy anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #1004
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    2,345 Posts
    NeoDement is on the left.
    God those ads are on drugs.
    And thats why I like them.

(That does seem like somthing kinda macroish.)
    (Might wanna watch your ass just in case.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #1005
    Dennab
    September 2011
    10,734 Posts
    God those ads are on drugs.
    And thats why I like them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

6. Post #1006
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    7,642 Posts

Fosters Replacement rigged and good to go
    can we see it painted Team spirit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #1007

January 2012
    80 Posts
    Anyone got any useful tips for UV Mapping complex shapes? Also, if you overlay a UV mesh on top of an Identical one, will it use the same texture?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #1008
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    6,557 Posts

Wait is this just a ripped up Foster's? Or is there some reference I'm missing?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

9. Post #1009
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,139 Posts
    Wait is this just a ripped up Foster's? Or is there some reference I'm missing?
    Ever tried to pull a gasmask over another mask?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1010
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    837 Posts
    Ok I've spent the last 3 weeks or so trying to get something decent down for my texture, and with the contest deadline a week away I am really starting to panic. This being my most recent experiment:

For some reason it's not coming together, and it keeps coming out awful in-engine.
    I think it looks a bit too detailed :/ at least in the viewmodel... (This could be a side effect of the engies glove being the exact opposite though)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

11. Post #1011
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,422 Posts
    Don't worry the pocket will be happy anyway.
    the what?

Also does it look better:
    a)in green or brown?
    b)with or without burns?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #1012
    April 2010
    969 Posts
    Tried making a sticky.

Not sure about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 44Artistic Artistic x 3Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #1013
    October 2010
    1,460 Posts
    So what happened to the mod competition?
    We are still waiting on Daimao's votes, he had some university stuff he needed doing first. But he's voting now so expect the results soon. Sorry for the delay people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

14. Post #1014
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,725 Posts
    I have a question: How can I put an image as background for a view in Blender?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

15. Post #1015
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,125 Posts
    If we're going with old French comics for ideas now, we totally need some Asterix et Obelix items for Scout and Heavy

I still want to do this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

16. Post #1016
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    2,345 Posts
    Tried making a sticky.

Not sure about it.
    The ball part could use something I feel.
    Maybe some sort of lines or something.

And the spikes look too big in my opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1017
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,125 Posts
    Tried making a sticky.

Not sure about it.
    Looks medival-ish enough. I'm not too sure they were able to paint metals like that back then though
    What does it look like next to the original stickybombs? It looks like you made the ball smaller and the spikes bigger
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #1018
    July 2011
    3,108 Posts
    I still want to do this
    Nothing's stopping you. GO FORTH AND CREATE!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #1019
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,313 Posts
    Tried making a sticky.

Not sure about it.
    I think you should make the paint more like the Tyrant's Helm/Kabuto. Sort of patchy, makes stuff look older.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

20. Post #1020
    May 2010
    588 Posts

Alright now it's official, Valve will never put it in the game... It would a require more of an effort than just giving it a funny name and just putting the files in the official game files. Shame really...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #1021
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,479 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner x 19Disagree x 9Dumb x 2Artistic x 2Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #1022
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    2,345 Posts
    That is awesome.
    I want to be able to use that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1023
    I think it would look silly on the Pyro though...can we/I see that with it on the Pyro?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #1024
    May 2010
    588 Posts
    I think it would look silly on the Pyro though...can we/I see that with it on the Pyro?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Zing Zing x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #1025
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,210 Posts
    -snip because we updated the model-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Winner Winner x 2 (list)

26. Post #1026
    November 2010
    589 Posts
    Protagonists pompadour.
    Close, might think about it.

Just go with "the Red Sea Shark". May be too obvious reference.
    If anything, the lawyers of Herge are the real sharks, so yes, too obvious.
    besides, I didn't want to to make a replica, not at all.

The Fausting Frenchman
    At least someone gets the source

Whoa.

I got those comic books from my brother, I have no idea where he got them. I've tried to look up info regarding the comic and its creators on the internet, and found next to nothing. Where the hell did you learn all this, and from where do you know the comic?

I think my mistake in calling the comic French can be attributed to the lack of available information, but I really don't have any excuse for making the same mistake about Hergé. I mean, I recognize that he's Belgian now that you say it, but I've always thought of him as French for some reason. Welp, I guess I just lost a bunch of hipster cred, and you gained it.

By the way, do you know anything about the fourth GDLN book? I know it exists, but that's about it.
    Simple, I live practically next to the country and I grew up reading weekly anthology magazines (a format now gone extinct) from Belgium and Netherlands.
    I was surprised too about the 4th, and I haven't seen a copy in stores. It wouldn't surprise me the book was less produced in number.
    Comics don't sell much, let alone an obscure one.

You can find more info about any comic artist here:
    http://lambiek.net/artists/index.htm
    and the book
    http://www.zilverendolfijn.nl/zz/fc/1/EN/zd.html?f=gi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

27. Post #1027
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    3,725 Posts
    I have a question: How can I put an image as background for a view in Blender?
    Does anyone knows?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

28. Post #1028
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,422 Posts
    Alright now it's official, Valve will never put it in the game... It would a require more of an effort than just giving it a funny name and just putting the files in the official game files. Shame really...
    they can put it in without the silly miscs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events

29. Post #1029
    November 2010
    589 Posts
    Does anyone knows?
    There's one way but maybe this might be even more useful to model:
    http://cgcookie.com/blender/2011/06/...-display-mode/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

30. Post #1030
    May 2010
    588 Posts
    they can put it in without the silly miscs
    Eh... Maybe but it would still be a shame...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

31. Post #1031
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    5,051 Posts
    There's one way but maybe this might be even more useful to model:
    http://cgcookie.com/blender/2011/06/...-display-mode/
    This is incredibly useful. Like you have no idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

32. Post #1032
    November 2011
    585 Posts
    Any suggestions on what can be done differently?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

33. Post #1033
    Call me "Sir Doctor"
    November 2011
    2,345 Posts
    [release][/release]
    God thats amazing.

I think the empty hole where the head should be makes it all that much better.

Note to self, don't bring up dicks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

34. Post #1034
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    2,423 Posts
    [release][/release]
    Where's the transparency?

[release][/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

35. Post #1035
    Captain Westcliff: Thinks Wales is an Island
    January 2006
    18,313 Posts
    [release][/release]
    Looks awful.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 37 (list)

36. Post #1036
    Gold Member

September 2009
    3,286 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events Winner Winner x 28Funny Funny x 4 (list)

37. Post #1037
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    12,422 Posts
    summer update
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brunei Darussalam Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #1038
    September 2008
    917 Posts
    maybe you should make broken glass through which we can see original apparations aspect?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belarus Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #1039
    Ian
    I'll show you a gold member.
    June 2010
    4,093 Posts
    maybe you should make broken glass through which we can see original apparations aspect?
    Or maybe not make it compatible at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Disagree Disagree x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

40. Post #1040
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,210 Posts
    Or maybe not make it compatible at all.
    That would mean the deletion of all the other mask replacement compatibilities, and me nor sparkwire really want that.
    The picture I took sucked, Source SDK is awful with transparencies, I posted a new image
    Of course none of you will remember this and still whine and moan.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)