1. Post #801
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,055 Posts
    It's not, it's in the one after unfortunatly, however it wont be too long after this update.
    Not hyped anymore...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #802
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    4,652 Posts
    Well the update after this one shouldn't take too long, so waiting for a saving system wont be as tedious.
    Unless the team gets shot or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #803
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,771 Posts
    Well the update after this one shouldn't take too long, so waiting for a saving system wont be as tedious.
    Unless the team gets shot or something.
    Oh god don't jinx it. :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #804
    July 2009
    1,389 Posts
    Knowing their luck I wouldn't be surprised.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #805
    October 2009
    6,043 Posts
    What are we counting down to?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

6. Post #806
    CJF
    August 2006
    18,178 Posts
    The huge update. Details are in the OP at the bottom if you need to know more.

7. Post #807
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    5,591 Posts
    What are we counting down to?
    wheelie bins and window suicide
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

8. Post #808
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,897 Posts
    Well without a save the game is hardly any different for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #809
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    1,638 Posts
    Honestly... ya, a save feature would be nice; but is not a very big deal right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #810
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,961 Posts
    It's not really that huge of an update I hate to say.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #811
    CJF
    August 2006
    18,178 Posts
    It's not really that huge of an update I hate to say.
    Of course not, because none of these are big features:

~ Brand new lighting system
    ~ Almost all sprites redone with more detail
    ~ Whole new map section
    ~ Skill system
    ~ Full Lua support

That's without mentioning all the smaller gameplay changes that lots of us has wanted for ages; this is a big update, what the hell are you on?

12. Post #812
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,961 Posts
    How long has this update been going on though? 3 months? And I'm pretty sure the sprites weren't redone, just touched up. I'm not saying they aren't good features, or anything, it just doesn't look like a huge update to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #813
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,326 Posts
    How long has this update been going on though? 3 months? And I'm pretty sure the sprites weren't redone, just touched up. I'm not saying they aren't good features, or anything, it just doesn't look like a huge update to me.
    It renders the game playable due to the new NPC system PieClock forgot to mention. In the previous update NPCs could open locked doors and one hit kill you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #814
    I love Scandinavians and Ducks
    August 2007
    4,652 Posts
    The feature I mostly look forward to is the NPC system, an NPC will not despawn when you walk away from it, and NPC's will not spawn randomly around the map, so pretty much every living (or dead) thing now has a life of its own.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #815
    CJF
    August 2006
    18,178 Posts
    No harm to you, but in that case you're more stupid that I previously thought. 3 months is a long time sure, but are you forgetting all the crap they had to first recover from? Shit like the Lua support will add so much content to the game by itself that that alone should be considered a huge update.

I was hoping you'd take my point without me needing to go on listing things, but I mean there's apparently a huge amount of optimization been done in this update, there's also the AI which isn't completely broken and shit anymore too, but yeah whatever if you don't think it's a huge update in your eyes then that's too bad.

Heh beat to it by two people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

16. Post #816
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,961 Posts
    I'm aware of the new NPC system and I'm aware of most of all the new features, and I'm hoping the AI of the new NPCs is complex and smart and etc and all, but my point still stands. I am looking forward to this update, but as someone who is only casually following it, I don't really think it's that big, maybe your opinion is affected by the fact that you're really into PZ, maybe not, but that's just my own personal opinion.

(not directed at you w+t, more at pieclock, but it's not anything personal)

No harm to you, but in that case you're more stupid that I previously thought. 3 months is a long time sure, but are you forgetting all the crap they had to first recover from? Shit like the Lua support will add so much content to the game by itself that that alone should be considered a huge update.

I was hoping you'd take my point without me needing to go on listing things, but I mean there's apparently a huge amount of optimization been done in this update, there's also the AI which isn't completely broken and shit anymore too, but yeah whatever if you don't think it's a huge update in your eyes then that's too bad.

Heh beat to it by two people.
    You're saying the fact that they added the basis for content to be content itself? Of course, the actual feature is content, but Lua support is just the basis for more content, from the community or otherwise.

I'm not saying it's going to be a bad update, nor am I saying it's not worth the wait, but it just doesn't feel as huge as you guys are hyping it to be.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #817
    CJF
    August 2006
    18,178 Posts
    I casually follow it too. In fact all I really do is keep an eye on their twitter accounts and check their forum once a week. I haven't even played the game since the last update. I'm not sure how that's relevant but alright.

I just want to know what exactly would need to be put into the game to make it a big update for you? Aside from saving.

18. Post #818
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,961 Posts
    all i want is to build my own fortress made of wood
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

19. Post #819
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,961 Posts
    I casually follow it too. In fact all I really do is keep an eye on their twitter accounts and check their forum once a week. I haven't even played the game since the last update. I'm not sure how that's relevant but alright.

I just want to know what exactly would need to be put into the game to make it a big update for you? Aside from saving.
    a new zombie head sprite.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events

20. Post #820
    CJF
    August 2006
    18,178 Posts
    That's probably already possible with CostumeEd

21. Post #821
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,961 Posts
    developer made

with a red tophat
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

22. Post #822
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,498 Posts
    I would love to play this multiplayer. Carpentry just adds to the havoc one can wreak with one molotov.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #823

February 2010
    784 Posts
    Its taken so long I'm not even hyped about this update anymore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 16Disagree Disagree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #824
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    2,622 Posts
    Its taken so long I'm not even hyped about this update anymore.
    My advice: Take it as it comes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #825
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    307 Posts
    I completely forgot about this game until a few weeks ago, saw that the update was what I thought to be relatively close to being released, thought "cool" and forgot about it again.

Saw this thread just now and thought for sure the update was out. I'm a little surprised it's taken this long, but then again I was never really that hyped about it so I kind of just shrug it off. It'll be out when its out and I'll check it out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

26. Post #826
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,961 Posts
    did they actually add anything to the update feature list or were they just fixing bugs and optimizing and whatnot the entire time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #827
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,326 Posts
    Alright, that's it, that's the final straw, indie stone forums. I finally said 'Fuck it' and adblocked all those retarded smileys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 10Funny Funny x 2 (list)

28. Post #828
    June 2008
    445 Posts
    GUYS! Hey, guys. Guys. Guyyysssss.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

29. Post #829
    Alright, that's it, that's the final straw, indie stone forums. I finally said 'Fuck it' and adblocked all those retarded smileys.
    They decided last week to sing the Narwhals song... a case where unfortunately AdBlock is useless against their silliness.

People kept posting along in 15 minute intervals...

...and this went on for two hours...

...TWO HOURS...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

30. Post #830
    all i want is to build my own fortress made of wood
    Minecraft ;3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #831
    September 2008
    1,027 Posts
    Minecraft ;3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

32. Post #832
    September 2011
    1,267 Posts
    Minecraft ;3
    I think he meant that all he wants from the next patch for Project Zomboid is being able to build a fort out of wood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

33. Post #833
    My friend bought me this title because its incredibly annoying.
    February 2010
    1,034 Posts
    -snip-

34. Post #834
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    5,993 Posts
    Forums attacked by scat. Seems like...... literal shit posts. (OH GOD BAD JOKE )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #835
    Forums attacked by scat. Seems like...... literal shit posts. (OH GOD BAD JOKE )
    Oh god, guys. Shit has hit the fan!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Zing Zing x 5Funny Funny x 2 (list)

36. Post #836
    Roll a d100, 99? Deary me...
    January 2009
    9,159 Posts
    Three more tasks guys! Come on Lemmy!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

37. Post #837
    "Yeah my dog sleeps near my feet. sometimes i squeeze her with my legs and she farts."
    March 2010
    8,182 Posts
    man, I want this game so bad, but I have no money...how different is the current version than the demo?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

38. Post #838
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,771 Posts
    It shall be VERY different. NPC's, new map sections. A LOT of bug fixes etc. I'm sure someone can give you a more detailed and refined list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #839
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    3,342 Posts
    This HERE shows most of the upcoming features on the update I believe..

It's going to be worth the wait and it shouldn't take too much longer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

40. Post #840
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    9,961 Posts
    It really hasn't been worth the extreme wait but I am still looking forward to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)