1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,803 Posts
    http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

HONOLULU (AP) -- A Hawaii man was charged with four counts of assault after allegedly attacking a group of men with what is believed to be a cow's thighbone, police on the Big Island said Wednesday.
    Officers responded to a report of a brawl outside a Kailua-Kona bar on Christmas Eve and arrived to find four men with injuries from an attack. Bar patrons were holding Gregory Haas, 45, who witnesses told police attacked the men with the bone.
    "He did indicate that he did actually find it in pastureland here in the Kona area," Lt. Gerald Wike said Wednesday. The weapon was recovered at the scene and taken as evidence. Police are sure it's a bone from a large animal and are trying to determine with certainty that it's from a cow.
    "It's unusual someone using that as a weapon," he said. "This is the first that I have experienced an assault taking place with what appears to be an animal bone."
    The attack in the Gold Coast Center parking lot was "unprovoked," Wike said, adding that Haas appeared to be intoxicated.
    One of the victims, 40, was hit in the head and airlifted to a Honolulu hospital in critical condition. He has since been discharged and returned to the Big Island, Wike said. Another man, 25, was treated at Kona Community Hospital for cuts to his head and released. Two others, 65 and 49, received injuries that did not require medical attention.
    He was charged with one count of first-degree assault and three counts of second-degree assault.
    A preliminary hearing has been scheduled for Thursday, according to the Hawaii County prosecuting attorney's office. Haas could not be reached Wednesday at Hawaii Community Correctional Center, where he is being held in lieu of $55,000 bail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Starred Starred x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    May 2009
    695 Posts
    I wonder what the hell he was thinking beefore doing that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    5,025 Posts
    I'm going to bone some guys today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16Agree Agree x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 3Starred Starred x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    5,321 Posts
    Neanderthal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Dennab
    October 2010
    1,428 Posts
    I was hoping for mugshots.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    7,681 Posts
    Two others, 65 and 49, received injuries that did not require medical attention.
    He must have just grazed those two.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 5Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,263 Posts
    IRL Sampson.

8. Post #8
    Dead Island anyone?

9. Post #9
    ccg
    Dennab
    April 2011
    1,354 Posts
    It appears that the assaulter obviously had beef with some one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

10. Post #10
    Dennab
    November 2007
    4,984 Posts
    how did this happen in the big island, you'd expect this happen in palolo where the idiots are being bred like rabbits

11. Post #11

November 2010
    146 Posts
    "I've got a bone to pick with you!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    13,702 Posts
    I was hoping for mugshots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    279 Posts
    Did nobody catch his subtle pun?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    614 Posts
    Police are sure it's a bone from a large animal and are trying to determine with certainty that it's from a cow.
    Why? What difference would it make? Is there nothing better that they could be doing?

15. Post #15
    April 2008
    1,353 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)