1. Post #41
    That was one study. And later they found out that the subjects weren't "turned on", they were just extremely uncomfortable and repulsed.
    And saying that homophobes are homosexuals is stupid. I'm a homophobe, I don't like being around or seeing anything gay, but that doesn't mean I'm so totally into dudes.
    you shall find no haven here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    I'm a homophobe, I don't like being around or seeing anything gay, but that doesn't mean I'm so totally into dudes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Zing Zing x 8Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,148 Posts
    That was one study. And later they found out that the subjects weren't "turned on", they were just extremely uncomfortable and repulsed.
    If that were truth, then it would mean that men get extreme erections from sitting on freshly-painted hardwood benches.

And saying that homophobes are homosexuals is stupid. I'm a homophobe, I don't like being around or seeing anything gay, but that doesn't mean I'm so totally into dudes.
    How can we take your word for it? If you're gay and repress it with homophobic views, then of course you're going to say you're grossed out by gays.

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    20,231 Posts
    The argument against gays is really stupid IMO.

It's not like it harms anyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    5,043 Posts
    If we're not supposed to care if people are gay, then why should we care if someone else doesn't like gay people?
    If we're not supposed to care if people are Jewish, then why should we care if someone else doesn't like Jews?

Yeah, I fucking went there.

6. Post #46
    Tuba Player Extraordinaire
    January 2006
    3,623 Posts
    Not really sure how they got labelled "Occupy protesters" when they weren't occupying anything, seems to me like it's dissolved into a larger movement now
    You would think they would spend a little more time on crony capitalism (their first main target) and accomplish a bit more in that respect before protesting politicians because of they don't like gay people. A politician that is friendly to them at that.

Edited:

I don't get it, when did he explicitly state that he hates gays? I thought Ron Paul was the one who opposed a federal marriage amendemnt and wanted to give states the right to decide on that issue (which is what DOMA already does... gives states the rights to decide for themselves)
    Facepunch forgets that states has their own political system.

It's not like (as far as I know) that he is going to outlaw gay marriage, he's going to leave it up to the states, which people have a more a direct control over.

They're going after his personal conviction rather than his policy. If his personal conviction does not effect his policy, that is a good thing.

Would we rather have a president that is going to legalize gay marriage? Yeah, but that isn't going to happen anytime soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    4,488 Posts
    Really should be voicing about something else. (money related)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    December 2011
    2,683 Posts
    Every candidate has policies that harm someone in some way. The candidates are aware of this. Usually they don't particularly think this is a terrible thing due to moral reasons.

The persons being harmed then have every opportunity to create a very awkward moment for the candidate. Meaning, this. Or, Joe the Plumber (remember him?)

The best thing the candidate can do at that point is take it humorously. Newt Gingrich was approached by a gay man inquiring about gay marriage, and rather politely, given the circumstances, told the gay man that Newt wouldn't be the best candidate for him to vote for, if that's his platform. Everyone still gave him shit because he was a conservative being conservative but he was very polite given the circumstances.
    What does him being polite have to do with anything?

Edited:

The fuck do you want him to say then, that doesn't involve massively changing his opinion on gay rights?
    Him to be honest and say "i'm an assbackwards homophobic bigoted cunt who has no place in modern politics outside of the 12th century."

Edited:

I don't get it, when did he explicitly state that he hates gays?
    every fucking time he votes on an issue regarding gays and when he's asked about it?

You don't have to say "I hate gays" to be fucking obvious that you hate gays.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #49
    I'm fairly certain when he said, "freedom of speech, ain't it wonderful" it was directed towards the protesters. There are TWO ways you can take this, you can take as if hes hating gays, or you can take it as if hes stating the obvious, "free speech, ain't it wonderful" I wonder if he even heard that single protester all over the shouting.. I mean did anybody else watch the video?

10. Post #50
    June 2011
    2,099 Posts
    I don't know, even if Ron Paul truly doesn't like gays I'd almost say he's entitled to his opinion since it doesn't show through in his political side. What I'm saying is he puts aside his personal feelings about homosexuals when it comes to laws and liberty. Which is how politicians should be
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

11. Post #51

December 2011
    250 Posts
    I don't know, even if Ron Paul truly doesn't like gays I'd almost say he's entitled to his opinion since it doesn't show through in his political side. What I'm saying is he puts aside his personal feelings about homosexuals when it comes to laws and liberty. Which is how politicians should be
    Your personal views will always influence the way you go about life - including how you behave as a president. Some people can minimalize this but it's still unavoidable!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Project Lead, Internet Explorer for Linux
    Dennab
    October 2008
    18,524 Posts
    That is a blanket statement which is untrue.

They are more likely to be gay, though.
    I'm still using it against homophobes, just because it might get them to shut up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    10,804 Posts
    The fuck do you want him to say then, that doesn't involve massively changing his opinion on gay rights?

Also you intentionally reworded it to be rude.

EDIT: Zeke129
    Yeah, he can be anti-gay if he wants. He's a huge fucking douchebag and a bigot for it though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    25,211 Posts
    Everyone attacking Survivor is just exacerbating things. Why do you have to make it "us vs them"?

People shouldn't be forced to change their views, just the laws.

15. Post #55
    Dennab
    July 2007
    43,766 Posts

Also you intentionally reworded it to be rude.

EDIT: Zeke129
    The only polite thing is to massively change his opinion on gay rights

If you believe someone should be treated as a lesser human being because of their sexual orientation you are, by definition, impolite

Edited:

But it DOES carry on to his political side. He called Don't Ask Don't Tell a "decent policy", he said the equal protection clause of the constitution shouldn't be able to be used to stop states from criminalizing gay sex, despite saying he opposes a federal definition of marriage he spoke in support of the Defense of Marriage Act, he co-sponsored the Marriage Protection Act which would have prevented federal judges from hearing cases regarding the constitutionality of DOMA, and he supported a bill that would have prevented federal money from being spent on the adoption of children by individuals not married.

The only good thing he's ever done in regards to gay rights is ultimately voting to repeal DADT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    22,945 Posts
    The only polite thing is to massively change his opinion on gay rights

If you believe someone should be treated as a lesser human being because of their sexual orientation you are, by definition, impolite
    And that's putting it gently.

Also, when did Occupy become the real life equivalent of Anonymous?

17. Post #57
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,233 Posts
    Can someone enlighten me how he hates gays again, I haven't been following.

Last time I heard of his stance on it, he is completely not bothered by it.
    Through his stance on state rights, he's essentially condemning any progress if he were elected.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    Mon
    April 2011
    3,343 Posts
    Through his stance on state rights, he's essentially condemning any progress if he were elected.
    i'd love to hear how
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    DANCE YOU FOOLS
    November 2007
    2,172 Posts
    Prime example of Facepunch logic.
    I still to this day wonder why homosexuality and gay marriage is even an issue. Why the fuck should it matter if people are gay or not? It's a fucking given that everyone deserves an equal amount of rights, but the fact that this has to be a national debate is rage-inducing. What the fuck, America, and what the fuck, world?
    Why do people hate gays? Fair enough question.
    Mainly because of the Bible condemning it due to the high birth mortality back then.
    because religion
    The Bible is a crock of shit.
    man fuck da religion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    22,945 Posts

because religion

man fuck da religion
    It's essentially true though. A lot of homophobes tend to pull the 'sanctity of marriage and all that jazz' card when discussing gay marriage which has its roots firmly set in the Bible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Dennab
    July 2007
    43,766 Posts
    i'd love to hear how
    All you have to do is look at our own country to see why allowing states to decide who gets what rights is dangerous - Alberta is the only province in Canada that still technically bans gay marriage but because it's a federal law they can't enforce it.

Given how many "Alberta-esque" states there are in the US, surely you can see the problem
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

22. Post #62
    September 2009
    296 Posts

because religion

man fuck da religion
    "Religion has nothing to do with intolerance of homosexuality." - You, you goddamn idiot, 2011
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #63
    August 2009
    1,223 Posts
    "Hates Gays"
    Ron Paul has said he wants the government out of the business of marriage and that it should be up to individuals to decide who they marry.

"Against the 99 percent"
    Under a Paul presidency the upper, middle, and lower class would pay no income tax. And there wouldn't be senseless wars and excessive spending to call for the upper class to "pay their fair share".

You don't have to agree with Ron Paul or his policies, but you have to agree that one would be wrong to say that he hates gays and the "99%".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    13,081 Posts
    "Hates Gays"
    Ron Paul has said he wants the government out of the business of marriage and that it should be up to individuals to decide who they marry.

"Against the 99 percent"
    Under a Paul presidency the upper, middle, and lower class would pay no income tax. And there wouldn't be senseless wars and excessive spending to call for the upper class to "pay their fair share".

You don't have to agree with Ron Paul or his policies, but you have to agree that one would be wrong to say that he hates gays and the "99%".
    under a paul presidency employers would be able to fire people just because they're gay or because they're black or any other minority
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP New Zealand Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

25. Post #65
    August 2011
    82 Posts
    Not really sure how they got labelled "Occupy protesters" when they weren't occupying anything, seems to me like it's dissolved into a larger movement now
    Anyone who isn't for the GOP is an Occupy Protester. Duh.

26. Post #66
    August 2009
    1,223 Posts
    under a paul presidency employers would be able to fire people just because they're gay or because they're black or any other minority
    Ron Paul wants employers to be able to set their own hiring standards, therefore Ron Paul is a homophobic racist.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #67
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    13,081 Posts
    Ron Paul wants employers to be able to set their own hiring standards, therefore Ron Paul is a homophobic racist.
    no ron paul wants to repeal the civil rights act, therefore ron paul is a homophobic racist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

28. Post #68
    August 2009
    1,223 Posts
    no ron paul wants to repeal the civil rights act, therefore ron paul is a homophobic racist
    He wants to repeal the civil rights act because it is 1) Not permissible according to the constitution.

And 2) Because the Civil Rights act is coercive since it FORCES people treat minorities in a certain way. And as a Libertarian Ron Paul believes that coercive legislation is unethical.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    21,017 Posts
    "Hates Gays"

"Against the 99 percent"

He also wants to basically destroy any form of regulation of businesses, giving them free reign to do whatever they want and abuse whomever they want. Also, nice use of scare quotes in there. Just the little bit that you said was more than enough to show your views and is very clear indication that you'd be unwilling to ever listen to what the Occupy movement, or any other progressive movement for that matter, has to say.

30. Post #70
    July 2011
    145 Posts
    Marriage as an institution is generally useless in modern times. It is more of a financial agreement between two parties than it is a declaration of love. If two people love eachother they will be together regardless.

As for homosexuality, people generally dislike homosexuals because 90% of them are flamboyant, obnoxious, and attention whores. As for me, I couldn't care less.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    13,081 Posts
    He wants to repeal the civil rights act because it is 1) Not permissible according to the constitution.

And 2) Because the Civil Rights act is coercive since it FORCES people treat minorities in a certain way. And as a Libertarian Ron Paul believes that coercive legislation is unethical.
    no he wants to repeal the civil rights act because he's a racist 100 year old prick who wants to go back to the days where blacks had to drink from different water fountains. even if he isn't all his policies will do is move equality in america backwards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP New Zealand Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

32. Post #72
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,066 Posts
    You internet fanboys spouting viva la revolution and legalize drugs didn't believe me and rated me dumb when I said he was a Christian Conservative asshole just like the rest of the Republican Party. He isn't a libertarian, he says one thing because "independent" and "libertarianism" are the current "cool things" in politics. Having one or two good ideas once in a while doesn't excuse what he is doing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    7,254 Posts
    As for homosexuality, people generally dislike homosexuals because 90% of them are flamboyant, obnoxious, and attention whores. As for me, I couldn't care less.
    die
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

34. Post #74
    July 2011
    145 Posts

Been waiting for someone to point out the obvious, thank you.

Edited:

Very mature. You wish death upon someone that doesn't think like you do. Isn't that what happened during the Crusades (or pretty much every single war in history)? I mean, it's a given, the reasons behind war are ideological in nature.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

35. Post #75
    August 2009
    1,223 Posts
    He also wants to basically destroy any form of regulation of businesses, giving them free reign to do whatever they want and abuse whomever they want. Also, nice use of scare quotes in there. Just the little bit that you said was more than enough to show your views and is very clear indication that you'd be unwilling to ever listen to what the Occupy movement, or any other progressive movement for that matter, has to say.
    First off, it's rude of you to make that many assumptions off of a simple application of grammar. I can sympathize with the goals of the occupy movements. I agree that corporations and the upper class are way too powerful. I just disagree with the majority of occupiers on the question of what is best way to address this problem.

36. Post #76
    July 2011
    145 Posts
    Do you have any idea of the laws in place that protect corporations? It's a result of big government. Reading some Ayn Rand might give you that sort of clue.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    21,017 Posts
    Very mature. You wish death upon someone that doesn't think like you do. Isn't that what happened during the Crusades (or pretty much every single war in history)? I mean, it's a given, the reasons behind war are ideological in nature.
    I think he's wishing death on you for being a horrible person.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    13,081 Posts
    no he wants you to die because you're a shit talking idiot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    September 2009
    296 Posts
    Do you have any idea of the laws in place that protect corporations? It's a result of big government. Reading some Ayn Rand might give you that sort of clue.

you're done

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    7,254 Posts
    no he wants you to die because you're a shit talking idiot
    bingo

actually, I don't genuinely wish death on anyone, but I do think he's a shit talking idiot