1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,803 Posts
    Good ol’ Verizon, always passing the savings onto its customers. If you didn’t catch the sarcasm in that last statement, prepare yourselves for disappointment. Verizon apparently believes you should be charged a “convenience” fee for paying your bill. Yea, I know — what a convenience it is to shell out hundreds of dollars to a company that has three outages in one month. Okay, so the “convenience” fee really only applies to anyone trying to pay their bill online or over the phone with any method other than electronic check. You’re also safe from being charged a fee if you are enrolled in AutoPay. When these types of stunts are pulled by companies, I always call bullshit — and that’s not going to change here. This is nothing more than Verizon passing down charges they should be paying. Sort of like the whole “go paperless and save a tree” BS. It’s always about the company saving money at the expense of the consumer. We give them the “convenience” of not having to spend money on paper, ink, and shipping by going paperless, but where’s our savings? Think is works the other way around — nope!
    Well folk, starting January 15th, if you plan on paying your bill online or over the phone with any method other than electronic check, be prepared for a $2 “convenience” fee. That’s right, you now have to pay to use the “convenience” of a credit card; the same card the system requires you to have in order to build credit. Try spending your life paying cash or check for stuff you can afford and you will find yourself denied by every loan department in the U.S. when trying to get a mortgage. Catch 22 for sure. It’s ironic that when you try to first sign up for service through Verizon you must pass a credit check or pay an ungodly deposit. Basically they don’t trust you unless you have good credit, but if you try to use that credit to pay your bills, it’s a convenience that they think should cost you extra. Makes sense — right?
    I’d say fight back by switching to paper billing and mailing in your payment — that way Verizon’s payment processing costs go through the roof — but I’m sure in the end, they’ll find a way to pass that cost back down to you (perhaps a $5 outage fee to restore their networks when they fail.) I know I’m pissing and moaning but I have Verizon and have been dealing with this crap for years (and I don’t even get service at my house). Next you’ll tell me to switch carriers, well — it’s sort of like why I stay with Comcast: there’s no better option.
    That’s my rant and I’m sticking to it. Call me whiny, call me spoiled, call me whatever you want — it’s my money and I’ll cry if I want to.
    http://www.cultofandroid.com/1439/ve...ary-15th-rant/

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 19Funny Funny x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    15,926 Posts
    That's not very convenient.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree x 39Zing x 2Funny x 2Informative x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    "If something happens, be assured it was planned this way"
    April 2010
    1,803 Posts
    Thats just terrible.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,347 Posts
    Change.org to the rescue.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    13,821 Posts
    What a huge load of shit. Although I don't buy anything from my phone, I'm not just going to let them fuck over everyone else

I am going to sign a petition
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #6

(Used to ban users for shit posts)

July 2009
    13,762 Posts
    So who gets the 2$ convenience fee then? It's not going to be the poor fuckers answering the phones I can guarantee that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

7. Post #7
    November 2010
    33 Posts
    didnt they learn anything by watching what Bank of America did to piss off customers?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

8. Post #8
    October 2011
    784 Posts
    Shaw here does the opposite for home services I believe. They charge extra for paper billing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    September 2009
    296 Posts
    how long until every telecom merges together and the resulting monopoly proceeds to say "we're charging whatever we want and there's nothing you can do about it"

10. Post #10
    Emz
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,284 Posts
    I hope people switch provider if they can as that is a horrible idea.

11. Post #11
    One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces.
    May 2011
    5,502 Posts
    AT&T Master race
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny x 6Agree x 3Disagree x 3Dumb x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    5,574 Posts
    Boycott Verizon, like everyone did to GoDaddy

13. Post #13
    Libertarian Loon
    Dennab
    November 2007
    7,535 Posts
    Two dollarsa a month, shut down everything.

Jesus christ it sucks but that's business for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,521 Posts
    It's this or a $350 termination fee
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    24,895 Posts
    Like Elecbullet said, it's business.

Two bucks barely makes a difference in my monthly bill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

16. Post #16
    Like Elecbullet said, it's business.

Two bucks barely makes a difference in my monthly bill.
    You're not a clever man are you? Two bucks is nothing. When every service adds 2 bucks for no reason it stacks up. Later when they can get away with it, they increase it to 3 bucks, then 5. Soon enough you will need a monthly subscription just to use phone to pay. Stop the problem while it's still small.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    10,453 Posts
    So, still no charge for mailing a damn check?

You would think they'd rather you pay electronically than to send in mail...

18. Post #18
    I regularly throw pity parties.
    August 2010
    14,753 Posts
    It's 2 goddamn dollars, calm down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14 (list)

19. Post #19
    sarcastic bastard
    October 2005
    5,708 Posts
    It's $2 for absolutely nothing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,114 Posts
    The word fee means money for no reason.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    19,934 Posts
    Problem is, if on-one complains then the competition will also add small bullshit fee's or Verizon will add more of them themselves.
    And then we'll end up with a money grubbing farce that'll be alike to Activision's shenanigans since MW2's DLC release.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    Dennab
    April 2010
    2,871 Posts
    AT&T Master race
    That's cute, who needs proper coverage anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    6,914 Posts
    This is retarded, submitting monetary data is no different to any other sort of data, they shouldn't be legally allowed to do this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member

May 2005
    2,236 Posts
    Bunch of cunts

25. Post #25
    You're not a clever man are you? Two bucks is nothing. When every service adds 2 bucks for no reason it stacks up. Later when they can get away with it, they increase it to 3 bucks, then 5. Soon enough you will need a monthly subscription just to use phone to pay. Stop the problem while it's still small.
    Do you really want them to pass this and every other company adapting this too? Because when that happens it will be too late to go back. Stop it while there still is a chance.

You americans complain about lack of jobs and low wages but then you are ok with companies adding fees for NO REASON!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,363 Posts
    What's so convenient about paying extra money?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    24,895 Posts
    Do you really want them to pass this and every other company adapting this too? Because when that happens it will be too late to go back. Stop it while there still is a chance.

You americans complain about lack of jobs and low wages but then you are ok with companies adding fees for NO REASON!
    Like I said, it's business. It's business because the company is applying a fee to an obviously popular service to bring them more cash. If people accept it and pay the small fee, then sure, they might increase the fee, but only to a very small degree.

It's not a problem when it's business. Plenty of other companies get away with it all the time. Luckily for me, I am a clever man, because I send in my bills the old fashioned way and it's not my problem, nor my concern.

And there is a reason why they are adding a fees. It's obvious lots of people pay their bills online, therefore, to rack in a few extra bucks, they charge that large amount of people some a little big of dough. Ta-da, business strategy at its finest.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    2,933 Posts
    And since Verizon has a third of a fucking monopoly on mobile connections in the US, switching is that much more of a non-option. And you know the other companies would do this in a heartbeat if they thought they could get away with it.

29. Post #29
    December 2011
    525 Posts
    What's so convenient about paying extra money?
    Seems to be a charge for anyone using personell assisted payments. So if you just pay online without assistance you shouldn't get charged it.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    5,025 Posts

This guy clearly knows something about america.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 3Funny Funny x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    24,895 Posts
    And don't get me wrong about my above post. I think they're being greedy bastards. Then again, the definition of most businessmen is greedy bastard.

32. Post #32
    This guy clearly knows something about america.

Sure we do, americans is all we hear on the tv, internet, on the streets, radio. I wonder what country doesn't know about americans.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #33

January 2008
    1,479 Posts
    This is ridiculous, I just got a new Verizon phone but this still pisses me off. When I got it the Verizon saleswoman couldn't answer ANY of my questions, she had never heard even heard of the NFC chip that was flagship in the phone I was buying, and told me the camera was shitty but 'the pictures looked nice because the screen is so good', which is one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. Doesn't have much to do with Verizon, but god damn they don't train their sales staff at all!

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,764 Posts
    American mobile networks suck.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    11,784 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member

November 2007
    7,998 Posts
    AT&T Master race
    Unfortunately as a 8 year (former Cingular) At&t user At&t is total shit. TOTAL SHIT.

37. Post #37
    Hello, my name is Penis. Please refer to me as such. I'm totally cool with it.
    Dennab
    November 2009
    5,246 Posts
    So let me get this straight: they charge a $2.00 "convienence" fee to a service whose cost to operate pales in contrast to the printing, distribution, and mailing of millions of paper bills?

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,803 Posts
    So let me get this straight: they charge a $2.00 "convienence" fee to a service whose cost to operate pales in contrast to the printing, distribution, and mailing of millions of paper bills?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    11,144 Posts
    Heh. I work for a company that processes traffic tickets. We have to charge a fee for every transaction.

Best part? its proportional to the fine amount

I just LOVE telling people that amount.
    "How much?? Thats downright stealing!"
    "Nice scam you got going here"
    "What?? I'm not paying that!"
    "This is fraudulent!"
    "This is highway robbery!"

Yeah, the amount is bullshit sometimes, but nobody understands that we're providing a friggen service for them to be able to pay their ticket/taxes anywhere in the world with internet and with a credit card, which most courts refuse due to the merchant fees.

AAAAAND lets not forget the fact that you wouldn't have to pay the traffic ticket ORRR the "convenience" fee if you weren't FUCKING SPEEDING IN THE FIRST GODDAMN PLACE YOU STUPID SHITS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,233 Posts
    Think about it guys. While it's a small fee, they're still going to be making hundreds of millions a year from it. Think about how many people have verizon for internet or phone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)