November 2006
    4,600 Posts
    wouldnt have happened if not for thDARN'T FACEBOK

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    22,548 Posts
    wouldnt have happened if not for thDARN'T FACEBOK
    Isn't a Facebok an artifact from S.T.A.L.K.E.R?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,140 Posts
    No no, I wouldn't do anything at all like this, shooting someone for time spent on the Internet is utterly preposterous. I'd maybe say "You should spend less time on Facebook" at the most.

I'm just saying I understand why he acted, but not why he acted the way he did. He's no less dumb for his actions.
    But we don't know how much time she spent on the internet. If he was indeed abusive (and I wholeheartedly believe he is, because this kind of stuff is almost never without precedent) then it doesn't matter. Domestic abusers flip out all the time for no reason at all, and have no logical basis for a lot of what they do. She might have spent like half an hour on the internet, for all we know, but in his mind she wasn't doing something for him (or conversely was doing something for herself), and therefore punishing her made sense to him. This is particularly the case if he was addicted to some kind of drug.

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    22,548 Posts
    But we don't know how much time she spent on the internet. If he was indeed abusive (and I wholeheartedly believe he is, because this kind of stuff is almost never without precedent) then it doesn't matter. Domestic abusers flip out all the time for no reason at all, and have no logical basis for a lot of what they do. She might have spent like half an hour on the internet, for all we know, but in his mind she wasn't doing something for him (or conversely was doing something for herself), and therefore punishing her made sense to him. This is particularly the case if he was addicted to some kind of drug.
    Okay, assuming that he flipped out due to time spent on Facebook, as the thread title would imply, I can understand him getting somewhat mad. Nonetheless I don't advocate disproportionate retribution, as is the case here.

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    1,140 Posts
    Why, though? Why it is okay for him to get angry at her for spending time on Facebook (given that we don't know how much time she spent)?

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,827 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 14Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    10,568 Posts
    Oh god, I remember seeing a picture of someone who used that emote for a baby who had a tumor in their eye; then they were banned.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    22,548 Posts
    Why, though? Why it is okay for him to get angry at her for spending time on Facebook (given that we don't know how much time she spent)?
    People get mad at dumb things, and I can sympathise with that, as someone easily frustrated myself.

Of course he's evidently gotten a bit too angry at this, but I'd blame that on mental health issues, which I of course (hopefully) don't have.

Just saying, I can empathise with getting mad at something like this, though I've never pulled a gun on someone and had a good reason to, so I can't say the same beyond that.

9. Post #49
    One of these days, I'm going to cut you into little pieces.
    May 2011
    5,502 Posts
    Someone should make a "Priceless Mugshots" thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #50

11. Post #51
    Played it for the plot
    Dennab
    October 2008
    13,776 Posts
    -snip

Edited:

Oh god, I remember seeing a picture of someone who used that emote for a baby who had a tumor in their eye; then they were banned.
    I remember that, a post like that is worth getting banned over

12. Post #52
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    32,058 Posts
    The face of sanity.
    Sorry, but does not beat this:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    10,881 Posts
    Someone should make a "Priceless Mugshots" thread.
    Shitty OP, but: http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1150847
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    9,776 Posts
    I don't blame his sentiment. My cousins are too fucking involved with Facebook as well, I've watched them all chatting away through it despite sitting at the same fucking table at the same fucking time. It's why I don't use it myself, if I want to socialize I want to actually socialize.

That doesn't mean his actions are warranted though. He deserves to have the book thrown at him for that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

15. Post #55
    November 2011
    661 Posts
    Holy shit man. I hope my dad wont do that to my mother. He can do dumb shit when he gets mad too.. :(
    Shoot him

16. Post #56
    ask me for a rust key :~)
    December 2008
    22,659 Posts
    I'm more interested in why his hometown is named "Eighty-Four"...
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighty-four,_PA
    Eighty Four was originally named Smithville. Due to postal confusion with another town of the same name, its name was changed to "Eighty Four" on July 28, 1884. Though the origin of the name is uncertain, it has been speculated that the town was named in honor of Grover Cleveland's 1884 election as President of the United States, or for the town's mile marker on the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad. Another theory states that the town was named after the year that the town's post office was built, by a postmaster who "didn't have a whole lot of imagination."

17. Post #57
    Sorry, but does not beat this:
    Imagine if these two perfectly sane men got together to do perfectly sane things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    1,704 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    Dennab
    October 2010
    15,211 Posts
    Obviously the article is biased and there were probably some other issues that were involved that the article doesn't state.
    I think that's the case in many articles.

But then again some articles about violence really are senseless.

20. Post #60
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Not that bad of a seed
    Dennab
    January 2011
    9,145 Posts
    This appears to have turned into a "post weird mugshots" thread.

22. Post #62
    This appears to have turned into a "post weird mugshots" thread.
    The fate of every facepunch thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    Gold Member

September 2011
    6,291 Posts
    "Husband just tried to kill me LOL"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    Dennab
    July 2009
    19,189 Posts
    It was zeke. So noting out of the ordinary for him

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    July 2010
    4,777 Posts
    thats a bit disturbing.