1. Post #121
    April 2009
    11 Posts
    I say, that kid is the tenth class.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #122
    October 2011
    46 Posts
    Kinda surprised nobody has made the Hawaiian guy joke yet.

Anyway, I hope this is real. I hope Valve hasn't abandoned the Half-Life series.
    Are you serious? Have you seen the hype for the next Half Life? If Valve were to ignore the Half Life series that would be a terrible move money-wise.

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    13,222 Posts
    I say, that kid is the tenth class.
    Meet the Neckstabber.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Slovakia Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    10,905 Posts
    I hope HL3 isn't going to end like Duke Nukem Forever.

People waited for it a long time and the game (even tought it was actually not that good) turns out to be a delusion because of overhype.

Knowing Valve it's not the case, but still... fingers crossed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    3,665 Posts
    Dont be harsh, it's my first time using PS, just testin the program

UNO
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

6. Post #126
    April 2009
    11 Posts

People waited for it a long time and the game (even tought it was actually not that good) turns out to be a delusion because of overhype.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    10,905 Posts
    L4D2 came out just an year after L4D, so it's not really comparable to HL3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Italy Show Events Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

8. Post #128
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    4,244 Posts

jesus christ stop comparing it to duke nukem forever. it's been less than hl1 - > hl2 and they said it's gonna be at least as long as hl2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    1,331 Posts
    jesus christ stop comparing it to duke nukem forever. it's been less than hl1 - > hl2 and they said it's gonna be at least as long as hl2.
    Sauce?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #130
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    6,051 Posts
    Sure.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly x 14Zing x 3Funny x 3Informative x 1Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #131
    April 2009
    11 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 19Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #132
    I can't think of a good title.
    May 2010
    14,805 Posts

Here's the difference. Half-life 3 is worth the weight.

Duke Nukem Forever... Wasn't. It only sold well because of the whole internet legend thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 2 (list)

13. Post #133
    Japanese Cerberus
    August 2011
    6,211 Posts

I hate how people whine about DNF when it was exactly what it was supposed to be. Duke Nukem 3D in it's time was the overkill of action games, making it as generic as possible. DOOM had lots of secrets and a pretty big arsenal, so DN3D took that too. Basically everything was included as well as what was a fad at the time such as sex (strippers with cash) and macho action heroes with lots of muscle.

Now, Duke Nukem Forever did exactly that, it stayed true to it's predecessor and yet people hated it because they didn't realize Gearbox did it RIGHT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #134
    bdc

June 2009
    23 Posts
    I hate how people whine about DNF when it was exactly what it was supposed to be. Duke Nukem 3D in it's time was the overkill of action games, making it as generic as possible. DOOM had lots of secrets and a pretty big arsenal, so DN3D took that too. Basically everything was included as well as what was a fad at the time such as sex (strippers with cash) and macho action heroes with lots of muscle.

Now, Duke Nukem Forever did exactly that, it stayed true to it's predecessor and yet people hated it because they didn't realize Gearbox did it RIGHT.
    I think the main difference between Duke Nukem 3D and DNF was that the former was infinitely more fun and well made, despite both games being made for the same reasons.

I don't think Gearbox did it right, because DNF seemed to suffer from an identity crisis; it wasn't sure if it wanted to be and old school or modern shooter. The limited sprint and weapon selection were a few things that seemed to water down the old school experience that I was so accustomed to in DN3D. I think Serious Sam 3 is much closer to the feel that should have been achieved in DNF.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

15. Post #135
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,216 Posts

They did it right, it just happened to not be fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #136
    I don't give a shit about your dumb opinion, my opinion is the one that counts.
    June 2011
    7,301 Posts
    Did you guys forget about the other one in the other comic?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #137
    Stick Figure Artist
    July 2009
    3,903 Posts
    -lookslikei'mwrong-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #138
    I don't give a shit about your dumb opinion, my opinion is the one that counts.
    June 2011
    7,301 Posts
    might be fake but
    http://www.black-aperture.com/

unsure if i'm late or not
    Obvious fake. It's not hosted by Valve.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    Stick Figure Artist
    July 2009
    3,903 Posts
    Obvious fake. It's not hosted by Valve.
    Never took that into consideration. My friend sent me it and I'm willing to believe anything if it means HL3 is out soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

20. Post #140
    not affiliated with Sega™
    July 2010
    2,599 Posts

remember this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

21. Post #141
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,460 Posts

remember this?
    It's just the first clue to the mystery that is Episode 3!

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    7,438 Posts

remember this?
    Saxton Hale is actually Gordon Freeman after being imbued with the power of Australia (and contact lenses)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #143
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,973 Posts
    That looks more like the Black Mesa symbol than the Lambda to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    5,025 Posts
    Saxton Hale is actually Gordon Freeman after being imbued with the power of Australia (and contact lenses)
    But saxton hale is a downgrade from gordon freeman.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,973 Posts
    That looks more like the Black Mesa symbol than the Lambda to me.
    Just a crude illustration of what I mean:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,216 Posts
    Just a crude illustration of what I mean:
    I see what you mean now, but it still looks nothing like it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #147
    April 2009
    11 Posts

I kid you not. My spleen burns with anxiety and superfluous liquids!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

28. Post #148
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,972 Posts
    Why did you bump this

You horrible man

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    4,563 Posts

I kid you not. My spleen burns with anxiety and superfluous liquids!
    Congratulations, you have earned a new ability: Copy-Paste a Shopped picture - done on purpose by it's creator - from a completely different thread not relating to this in any way

you must be proud of yourself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)