1. Post #3081
    September 2010
    1,092 Posts

Should be fixed on nVidia cards now. I forgot to write a GL2 version of some shaders so if you have an old card it may not work. If it doesn't work for you please can you post your card and the highest OpenGL version supported by your drivers.

Edited:

There's a known bug when you have a reflective surface crossing another surface, fixing that now.
    Nvidia GeForce GTX560Ti. Works perfect :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

2. Post #3082
    VOTE CLINTON 2016 (ignore anything else i say)
    Dennab
    February 2009
    6,085 Posts

Should be fixed on nVidia cards now. I forgot to write a GL2 version of some shaders so if you have an old card it may not work. If it doesn't work for you please can you post your card and the highest OpenGL version supported by your drivers.

Edited:

There's a known bug when you have a reflective surface crossing another surface, fixing that now.
    Radeon HD 6850 works great. However, after like 50 mirrors are placed down, it lags like a mofo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #3083
    September 2010
    1,092 Posts
    Why does it say G toggles 'ghost' and then later that it toggles colors?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #3084
    hOnK :o)
    December 2009
    3,921 Posts

Edited:

Works great over here. NVidia GTX570, OpenGL 4.2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #3085
    September 2010
    1,092 Posts

This makes it lag horribly. :V
    Also, frametime(FT) sometimes goes negative. :V

Edited:

Goddamnit ninja'd twice :C

Edited:

NVidia GTX570, OpenGL 4.2.
    Does it work or not?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #3086
    December 2007
    197 Posts
    No it isn't. Efficiency has nothing to do with that. If it was that important they would have written it in asm since the performance difference is negligible.
    if()
    goto:

is 1 je

vs
    Code:
    for()
    {
         for()
         {
              if()
              {
                   blah = true;
                   break;
              }
         }
         if(blah)
              break;
    }
    thats 1 jne for the first if
    1 register set to true (may involve copying an old register to memory to make room as well)
    the jmp for break

then finally another je if blah is true.

so 1 instruction vs 4 instructions (possibly more if no available registers)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #3087
    www.bff-hab.de
    February 2009
    7,638 Posts

It looks like perlin noise
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

8. Post #3088
    Fabulous Member
    November 2007
    2,569 Posts
    If it doesn't work for you try this: http://anyhub.net/file/OKM-debug.7z
    If it still doesn't work then can you upload the debug.log it generates and send it my way. Thank you everyone who has tested so far, I should note that in the game I'm hoping to use this in you will never get more than like 10 mirrors at a time.

Edited:

Why does it say G toggles 'ghost' and then later that it toggles colors?
    Ghost was an old thing that I removed earlier today, forgot to take that text out though. Thanks for spotting it.

Edited:

Happy 0x100'th post
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

9. Post #3089
    September 2001
    13,162 Posts
    Works great for me!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #3090
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    3,297 Posts
    If it doesn't work for you please can you post your card and the highest OpenGL version supported by your drivers.
    Surprisingly it works perfectly on linux, GTX 260. Kudos to you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

11. Post #3091
    Fabulous Member
    November 2007
    2,569 Posts
    Surprisingly it works perfectly on linux, GTX 260. Kudos to you.
    That's a relief, I tried to keep linux in mind while writing but I hadn't had time to test it myself.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #3092
    Gold Member

October 2008
    3,499 Posts

Edited:

Works fine here, Windows 7 x64, ATI Radeon HD5750.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #3093
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    September 2008
    9,384 Posts
    If it doesn't work for you try this: http://anyhub.net/file/OKM-debug.7z
    If it still doesn't work then can you upload the debug.log it generates and send it my way. Thank you everyone who has tested so far, I should note that in the game I'm hoping to use this in you will never get more than like 10 mirrors at a time.

Edited:

Ghost was an old thing that I removed earlier today, forgot to take that text out though. Thanks for spotting it.

Edited:

Happy 0x100'th post
    Black screen.
    http://pastebin.com/8ggGbk6g
    (Same card, nVidia GeForce GT 420M)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

14. Post #3094
    Fabulous Member
    November 2007
    2,569 Posts
    Black screen.
    http://pastebin.com/8ggGbk6g
    (Same card, nVidia GeForce GT 420M)
    Try this: http://anyhub.net/file/4Red-debug.7z
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #3095
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,614 Posts
    if()
    goto:

is 1 je

vs
    Code:
    for()
    {
         for()
         {
              if()
              {
                   blah = true;
                   break;
              }
         }
         if(blah)
              break;
    }
    1 register set to true (may involve copying an old register to memory to make room as well)
    the jmp for break

If you need every cycle then you shouldn't be writing C.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

16. Post #3096
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,189 Posts
    I don't know what you're even talking about but could it be for branching reasons?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #3097
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    341 Posts

Really cool. Are you going to make it into a game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #3098
    www.bff-hab.de
    February 2009
    7,638 Posts
    if()
    goto:

is 1 je

vs
    Code:
    for()
    {
         for()
         {
              if()
              {
                   blah = true;
                   break;
              }
         }
         if(blah)
              break;
    }
    the jmp for break

Optimizing C/C++ on such a small scale is silly as the optimizer will do a way better job when compiling.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #3099
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,761 Posts
    If you need every cycle then you shouldn't be writing C.
    Sure, because bearing in mind small optimisations while writing code is only something you should only be doing in asm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #3100
    www.bff-hab.de
    February 2009
    7,638 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5Winner Winner x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #3101
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    September 2008
    9,384 Posts
    It works, but there's no text on the screen.

Edited:

http://pastebin.com/6Sgnr3Ew
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

22. Post #3102
    Fabulous Member
    November 2007
    2,569 Posts
    It works, but there's no text on the screen.

Edited:

http://pastebin.com/6Sgnr3Ew
    Fingers crossed: http://anyhub.net/file/4sXT-debug.7z

And thank you for testing this for me, you've been a great help.

Edited:

Really cool. Are you going to make it into a game?
    Thank you. I'm working on this with a friend who thought of a game based on light, although I think he wants to keep the game idea secret for now so I can't say much more. You can guess that it will be a puzzle game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

23. Post #3103
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,614 Posts
    I don't know what you're even talking about but could it be for branching reasons?
    Pretty much this:

Sure, because bearing in mind small optimisations while writing code is only something you should only be doing in asm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events

24. Post #3104
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    September 2008
    9,384 Posts

Edited:

Thank you. I'm working on this with a friend who thought of a game based on light, although I think he wants to keep the game idea secret for now so I can't say much more. You can guess that it will be a puzzle game.
    Success!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

25. Post #3105
    Gold Member

January 2010
    3,141 Posts

I added a bunch of stuff like different signs for math.
    and a beep noise when you get a problem wrong which weren't captured for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

26. Post #3106
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,177 Posts
    Unless the Linux kernel needs to break a nested loop a million times per second, it could do just fine with if statements.
    Performance isn't the reason goto is used there. Linus just thinks that it doesn't harm the flow if used right, and I agree with that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

27. Post #3107
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,740 Posts
    That's a relief, I tried to keep linux in mind while writing but I hadn't had time to test it myself.
    Just a tip, sometimes you'll get weird context errors in linux/OSX unless you include OpenTK.dll.config, as it maps opengl32.dll to libGL.so or the OSX equivalent library.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

28. Post #3108
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    1,113 Posts
    I have no idea how to skin these scrollbars. :/

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 18Friendly Friendly x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

29. Post #3109
    February 2010
    1,435 Posts
    Anyone know a good tutorial for opengl using sfml2?

30. Post #3110
    April 2010
    28 Posts
    Anyone know a good tutorial for opengl using sfml2?
    Most old 1.6 tutorials will work, with some slight adjustments.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #3111
    Moderator Recruit
    Dennab
    March 2009
    16,108 Posts
    I have no idea how to skin these scrollbars. :/

the volume bar, but vertical.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 10Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

32. Post #3112
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    1,141 Posts
    the volume bar, but vertical.
    I think he means he can't work out how to implement the skin style for the scrollbars, not what skin they should have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

33. Post #3113
    April 2010
    83 Posts
    An inventory that i made over the night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Artistic x 5Winner x 2Friendly x 1Agree x 1Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #3114
    www.bff-hab.de
    February 2009
    7,638 Posts

"Hmpfmpfffnnnpf" - That guy with a red shirt
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 5 (list)

35. Post #3115
    Moderator Recruit
    Dennab
    March 2009
    16,108 Posts
    Regarding that Super Meat Boy database debacle, how was it even found that it was connecting to a database?

36. Post #3116
    May 2011
    67 Posts
    I got bored so I decided to start coding a text-based adventure game in Batch.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Programming King Programming King x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #3117
    July 2008
    526 Posts
    probably by looking at imports
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

38. Post #3118
    hOnK :o)
    December 2009
    3,921 Posts
    Regarding that Super Meat Boy database debacle, how was it even found that it was connecting to a database?
    swift and shift (i.e. turb) is insane and probably went looking for it somewhere.
    or maybe he was monitoring outgoing network connections and it appeared there???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #3119
    Moderator Recruit
    Dennab
    March 2009
    16,108 Posts
    Ah, I had assumed it was something like that.

Edited:

thanks

40. Post #3120
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    6,251 Posts

Edited:

Works like a charm on my shittop. Good job!