1. Post #2161
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,647 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Programming King Programming King x 3Winner Winner x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2162
    October 2009
    1,165 Posts
    Decided to take a break from other things and try out random terrain.

So first I just placed grass and water randomly, with a bigger chance of grass spawning.

And then I made some tile replacement code, bound it to a button, and produced this;

And finally I accidentally on purpose pressed the button again.

... mission accomplished?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #2163
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,032 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #2164
    VOTE CLINTON 2016 (ignore anything else i say)
    Dennab
    February 2009
    6,085 Posts

Holocaust Tycoon.

Ignore the fact that I don't have any Jew sprites so I used Ash.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 46Winner Winner x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #2165
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,032 Posts
    I rated you funny at first, but then I reconsidered.
    You're serious, aren't you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)

6. Post #2166
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    5,177 Posts

Holocaust Tycoon.

Ignore the fact that I don't have any Jew sprites so I used Ash.
    Next up, 9/11 Simulator 2012.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Funny Funny x 14Agree Agree x 2 (list)

7. Post #2167
    VOTE CLINTON 2016 (ignore anything else i say)
    Dennab
    February 2009
    6,085 Posts
    I rated you funny at first, but then I reconsidered.
    You're serious, aren't you?

Yes, why would I post if I weren't serious?

Next up, 9/11 Simulator 2012.
    Hmmmm
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #2168
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,647 Posts
    I'm having one of these days:

Me: Hey, could you look at this code?
    My brain: AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
    Me: I'm sure it's really not that complicated.
    Me: Maybe I should do something else right now.

My brain: How about some Skyrim. Me like Skyrim.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 2 (list)

9. Post #2169
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    2,032 Posts
    Yes, why would I post if I weren't serious?
    Bacon Hitler approves.

Edited:

I'm having one of these days:

Me: Hey, could you look at this code?
    Me: I'm sure it's really not that complicated.
    Me: Maybe I should do something else right now.

My brain: How about some Skyrim. Me like Skyrim.   
    That's basically what I'm facing right now.

Although in my case, I'm build-sick.. after building mountains of libraries to get gstreamer and its dependencies working, I still have buttloads more to do to build its plugins.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

10. Post #2170
    Crescent fresh
    January 2011
    1,343 Posts
    And finally I accidentally on purpose pressed the button again.

... mission accomplished?
    oh hey you made an italy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

11. Post #2171
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    136 Posts

Please excuse the art.

Yo dawg I heard you like Winforms, so I put an XNA window in your Winforms so you can game while you UI.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

12. Post #2172
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,061 Posts

SPQR! SPQR! SPQR!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

13. Post #2173
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    3,878 Posts
    Code:
    Label
    Button
    CheckButton
    ComboBox
    Menu
    MenuItem
    MessageBox
    ProgressBar
    RadioButton
    ScrollBar
    TextEntry
    RichText
    ToggleButton
    ImagePanel
    AnimatingImagePanel
    Panel
    Divider
    URLLabel
    EditablePanel
    Here are a list of standard SDK panel controls.

In GMod, I remember being able to do things like hook onto their Paint functions and such, but the code for these controls doesn't exist in the public SDK. One way around this is to make wrapper classes for each individual class and through Lua, create those wrapper classes instead of the actual VGUI classes so you can do additional things with the panels in Lua, but Garry wouldn't have actually done that... right?

At this point I'm a bit frustrated because I see no other way, besides possibly changing the pointer to the Paint function and every other function you wanted to provide hooks for, in the base vtable.

Uugh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

14. Post #2174
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    786 Posts
    Just to let you know, if you have packet loss you need to slow the packets you're sending out right down, if you don't then the packet loss will get significantly worse.
    Yes, hence the 50 milliseconds base rate; but it appears you seem to know about throttling, so I'll ask: For "small" packets, is packet loss typically a function of both frequency and size of packets sent, or frequency alone? If it is the latter, what would the definition of a "small" packet be?

A few notes on the test program:
    The packet loss in that test program is simulated - I wanted to see that the failure detection code was behaving as expected. In fact, that test program doesn't even bind a socket; it is all virtual. Also worth noting is that in actual implementation, the program will not send new data packets if the left-most bit of the seqField is 0; instead, it will send keep alive packets to acknowledge newly received packets as it waits for acknowledgement of its own packets. This allows a player to remain "connected" to the server in case their ISP's local drop has a defective unit and won't replace the thing even after five consecutive service calls thus resulting in their modem dropping out for 10 seconds every hour while it tries to reconnect :shakefist:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #2175

September 2011
    346 Posts
    Man, I wish I could print an image to the console...

Also, best line ever.
    Do you mean you want to display the captcha image in console? I could make it work with Windows Forms, so it displays a basic form with a picturebox.
    Thanks once more for le patch. If you want, I can add you as a contributor to the project.
    Gonna make the thread tomorrow morning, too tired right now.

EDIT:
                           case "count":
                                 if (this.Count != null)
                                     this.Count(this, new EventArgs()); //I'm a cheapskate, ev[1] holds user count though.

The "user count" is actually a number randomly generated with each user connection. #themoreyouknow
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 South Africa Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

16. Post #2176
    Well, it's kinda Mode7, good enough;

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Programming King Programming King x 4Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

17. Post #2177
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,318 Posts
    maurice's mario game was just on g4 what
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Zing Zing x 1 (list)

18. Post #2178
    Exl
    October 2010
    91 Posts
    Maurice is going places. I wonder what Nintendo thinks of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

19. Post #2179
    September 2001
    13,169 Posts
    Added an OGG codec to Holly. The example program outputs webm and ogg now.

EncodingExample.exe : http://puu.sh/bd90

Ogg:

WebM:

Edited:

OGG don't loop so good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

20. Post #2180
    June 2008
    1,378 Posts

Ogg:

WebM:

Edited:

OGG don't loop so good.
    That's interesting. Ogg plays fine in Firefox from Puush. It's just WebM that isn't.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

21. Post #2181
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,827 Posts
    That's interesting. Ogg plays fine in Firefox from Puush. It's just WebM that isn't.
    And WebM plays fine in Chrome and OGG takes ages to load. I guess it doesn't stream.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #2182
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,189 Posts

Ogg:

WebM:

Edited:

OGG don't loop so good.
    What the crap. OGG works from puu.sh, WebM doesn't.

They need to fix their content-type headers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Late Late x 2 (list)

23. Post #2183
    Paid for a title.
    June 2005
    5,726 Posts
    what
    Link? Anything?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 10Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #2184
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    September 2008
    9,384 Posts
    I found this on google: http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...-from-the-net/

And then this, which is Maurice's
    http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/...th-portal-gun/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

25. Post #2185
    Paid for a title.
    June 2005
    5,726 Posts
    That's old though.. Did they show a repeat?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

26. Post #2186
    Hates php
    May 2006
    2,377 Posts
    Sometimes I really hate .net. There seems to be issues with the panel auto scroll were sometimes it wont show even though controls are out of the panel's bounds. There fix for it is this.

"Currently, the only workaround is to nest the ScrollableControl inside another ScrollableControl. For instance, if you need TableLayoutPanel to work in this situation, you can place it inside of a Panel control and set AutoScroll on the Panel to Yes."

So you have to basically stick all your controls in a non scrollable panel and then put that panel in a scrollable one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

27. Post #2187
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    1,187 Posts
    I've just got back to developing my custom OpenTTD server after I hit a road block implementing MySQL. I started playing the game again recently so I came back to it and and managed to finally implement it.

The main features I'm adding are goals(multiplayer is boring without them) and a user system. The user system will log wins, quests and all sorts of fun stuff. Below is a screenshot demonstrating the login system, it's got no password hashing yet but I intend to implement it later.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Programming King Programming King x 8Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #2188
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    11,705 Posts

Working on a game inspired by Game Dev Story.
    Again, mentioned in Ticker.

Stoppit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Programming King Programming King x 1 (list)

29. Post #2189
    December 2008
    179 Posts
    Keep in mind that reflection is slow as fuck though. I'm not saying don't use, but don't use it when performance is critical and it doesn't make something a LOT easier.
    Yeah it was KIND OF 100% slower :S

I'm now generating the packet reading/writing methods on the fly and

:D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

30. Post #2190
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,615 Posts
    OH GOD YES! I got selection cropping working!

Warning, another huge video to compensate for my small penis

(Inverted colours to show that transparency isn't lost or something, I dunno lol)

Edited:

It's still really buggy (throws an exception if you crop outside of the images size range) but atleast I have it working for now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #2191
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,061 Posts
    Using git from a command line makes you feel so cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

32. Post #2192
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,424 Posts
    Using git from a command line makes you feel so cool.
    Uhh, is there really any other (not shitty) way to use git?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #2193
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,061 Posts
    I don't think so. It's just so awesome to be typing shit down at the speed of light.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

34. Post #2194
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    September 2008
    9,384 Posts
    TortiseGit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

35. Post #2195
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,061 Posts
    TortiseGit?
    Get out of here stalker shitty program.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #2196
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    3,878 Posts
    I use TortoiseSVN for virtually all my stuff, so the one time I tried git, I used TortoiseGit and it was a friendly way for me to ease into it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

37. Post #2197
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    9,663 Posts
    Simple 2d motion blur based on the camera's velocity.

It took way longer than it should have, but I did it all on my own!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 13Winner Winner x 1 (list)

38. Post #2198
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    2,036 Posts
    Half of my artistic rating was for your theme.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #2199
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    1,405 Posts
    There's a really slick tool on OS X called SourceTree from the bitbucket folks. Works with git and hg, and is free. I use it when I don't feel like writing my commit message, and looking at all my changes in a separate vim buffer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

40. Post #2200
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    9,663 Posts
    Half of my artistic rating was for your theme.

Soft 7 by AP-Graphik.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)