1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    676 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Winner x 23Late x 3Funny x 2Optimistic x 1Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    7,194 Posts
    actually I think that garry said it was just a test and probably wouldn't end up staying at 10,000
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    January 2010
    3,406 Posts
    There was ever a limit?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    676 Posts
    1000 is the limit so far, that's what Garry said to me anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    14,979 Posts
    First thing I'll do if this stays is to remake my old video, but using 10K cars this time around:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 22Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

6. Post #6
    June 2010
    727 Posts
    Cinder-block rain.

.... So many ideas!

7. Post #7
    TIME ALLEN
    May 2008
    1,711 Posts
    Suggestion, gmodfan423:
    Don't make an article for every little thing Garry adds.

Try doing an article for multiple new features every couple of days, instead of a multiple, 2 sentenced articles all in one day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    676 Posts
    Suggestion, gmodfan423:

Try doing an article for multiple new features every couple of days, instead of a multiple, 2 sentenced articles all in one day.
    Thank you for your suggestion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 8Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 3 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member

August 2009
    2,249 Posts
    First thing I'll do if this stays is to remake my old video, but using 10K cars this time around:

Can you by anychance make a save of all the cars when your done? I could do quite a few fun things with that :D

10. Post #10
    I was nice to a hobo once and he bought me this title
    May 2010
    5,562 Posts
    Suggestion, gmodfan423:

I'm pretty sure he's just being used as a bot. I doubt he has any control over what news is posted under his account.

Threads are posted every time a new article is added to Gmod Underground.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

11. Post #11
    TIME ALLEN
    May 2008
    1,711 Posts
    I'm pretty sure he's just being used as a bot. I doubt he has any control over what news is posted under his account.

He writes the news posting.

Why would some random user be used as a bot?

What??

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    676 Posts

Huh?
    Well of cause the it posts every time I post a article on my site, I asked garry to import my RSS feed into the News Node

13. Post #13
    I was nice to a hobo once and he bought me this title
    May 2010
    5,562 Posts
    Huh?
    Well of cause the it posts every time I post a article on my site, I asked garry to import my RSS feed into the News Node
    Oh, I had no idea it was your site.

My bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    676 Posts
    Oh, I had no idea it was your site.

My bad.
    No problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member

March 2010
    6,782 Posts
    Should have spawned 10k bars of chocolate
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Ask me about my Guardians of the Galaxy fetish.
    September 2010
    9,490 Posts
    Can you by anychance make a save of all the cars when your done? I could do quite a few fun things with that :D
    Stacker tool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member

March 2010
    6,782 Posts
    Stacker tool.
    Weld them all then dupe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Dennab
    July 2007
    43,766 Posts
    No problem.
    You're such a polite robot. Beep boop!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 17Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    676 Posts
    You're such a polite robot. Beep boop!
    I'm a real person :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 36Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #20

July 2010
    83 Posts
    You keep telling your self that, I didn't know positronic brains were capable of thinking they were real people.

On topic: I like this website, and is that REALLY 10k cinderblocks? It doesn't look like that, I would just think 10k would take up like the whole screen.

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    676 Posts
    You keep telling your self that, I didn't know positronic brains were capable of thinking they were real people.

On topic: I like this website, and is that REALLY 10k cinderblocks? It doesn't look like that, I would just think 10k would take up like the whole screen.
    Thank you for liking the site, :sadface: for not thinking I'm a real person :(

22. Post #22
    open.gl
    February 2007
    6,848 Posts
    Thank you for your suggestion.
    I hope you do something about it as soon as possible, because right now the articles look like twitter posts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    8,840 Posts
    Thank you for liking the site, :sadface: for not thinking I'm a real person :(
    AI this days....

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    676 Posts
    I hope you do something about it as soon as possible, because right now the articles look like twitter posts.
    My articles contain more than 140 characters though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    8,208 Posts
    Also another suggestion, once every couple of days go browse around the release sections, whether it's the Mapping one or the Model one it'd be nice to get an update of what's being released in the news node. Feel free to filter out the quality, despite what someone may tell you, in my eyes it's always the quality of the release that you should be reporting on, not making articles for the sake of upping the quantity of article you make.

Also a feature idea would be once every fortnight to go through the LUA WAYWO (http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1089200) to perhaps get some good upcoming mods to put down in a news post. I'm sure some of the modders over there could do with some motivation on their stuff once in a while.

Good luck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    676 Posts
    Also another suggestion, once every couple of days go browse around the release sections, whether it's the Mapping one or the Model one it'd be nice to get an update of what's being released in the news node. Feel free to filter out the quality, despite what someone may tell you, in my eyes it's always the quality of the release that you should be reporting on, not making articles for the sake of upping the quantity of article you make.

Also a feature idea would be once every fortnight to go through the LUA WAYWO (http://www.facepunch.com/threads/1089200) to perhaps get some good upcoming mods to put down in a news post. I'm sure some of the modders over there could do with some motivation on their stuff once in a while.

Good luck
    Thank you for this, it will help me create better articles.

27. Post #27
    June 2007
    8,208 Posts
    Thank you for this, it will help me create better articles.
    No problem, if you need any help just shoot me a PM. We need a good site to take over from the gap we all created when we stopped with our sites and while people will be harsh now, you can probably run a lot tighter ship than I/we ever did .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    676 Posts
    No problem, if you need any help just shoot me a PM. We need a good site to take over from the gap we all created when we stopped with our sites and while people will be harsh now, you can probably run a lot tighter ship than I/we ever did .
    What makes you think I could a better site?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    June 2007
    8,208 Posts
    What makes you think I could a better site?
    You already seem enthusiastic, even though it's a tumblr it looks nice, clean and to the point and generally I think your politeness will go a long way, don't change man. All you gotta do is start fleshing out your news with more stuff which isn't gmod beta and you're almost there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    676 Posts
    You already seem enthusiastic, even though it's a tumblr it looks nice, clean and to the point and generally I think your politeness will go a long way, don't change man. All you gotta do is start fleshing out your news with more stuff which isn't gmod beta and you're almost there.
    Thank you for the motivation dude, means alot to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 7 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    3,803 Posts
    If I even attempted like 200 entities I would probably melt something in my shit computer. I miss Gmod dearly. Hopefully one day I'll scurry up some cash yadiyadiyada....I always do this.

Imagine 10,000 bottles all breaking at once or something.

32. Post #32

October 2011
    101 Posts
    Quick question, because the limit is 10k, does this mean less lag if, say, 1000 objects are on the map? Or is my logic flawed? I seem to think that:

If object count is near limit 1000, commence lag spikes ahoy. If object count is below 500, commence a bit of lag.

I assume nothing will be changed except for the fact that server won't crash because of players hitting ent. limits
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

33. Post #33
    Penis Architect
    November 2008
    14,979 Posts
    Weld them all then dupe.
    That's what I did, because I had no idea there was a stacker tool 2 years ago
    Hence the strange number.

Edited:

Quick question, because the limit is 10k, does this mean less lag if, say, 1000 objects are on the map? Or is my logic flawed? I seem to think that:

If object count is near limit 1000, commence lag spikes ahoy. If object count is below 500, commence a bit of lag.

I assume nothing will be changed except for the fact that server won't crash because of players hitting ent. limits
    Just increasing the limit won't decrease the framerate drop with lower amounts of props.
    Maybe some other related optimization has been done in the update though.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,969 Posts
    Concrete raaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiin

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Funny Funny x 13Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    3,827 Posts
    If I even attempted like 200 entities I would probably melt something in my shit computer. I miss Gmod dearly. Hopefully one day I'll scurry up some cash yadiyadiyada....I always do this.

Imagine 10,000 bottles all breaking at once or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,972 Posts
    Neat gm_apocalypse will probably work again

37. Post #37
    September 2001
    13,169 Posts
    The limit is actually 32,768 in the beta right now. It's the highest it will go without having to fuck around with other engine stuff.

There's other limits on stuff like the max rendererable entities, so we'll have to see how it goes in the beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    7,431 Posts
    I remember creating scenery for gm_atomic and evocity_2 when suddenly I hit over the limit.

39. Post #39
    July 2008
    1,143 Posts
    Finally a news site again, hopefully this one will be online for a long time.

Make a nice suggestion, are you also doing machinima's that are submited? And I don't mean the crappy wmm onces but the quality machinima's.

40. Post #40
    RISC MASTER RACE.
    Dennab
    August 2010
    7,138 Posts
    10000 citadels...

Edit:

10000 chimneys...