1. Post #41
    March 2009
    579 Posts
    I get the error: Cannot Open file at the Moment and there are no more files in the foldermenu, but in data/advdupe2/mysteamid/ the files are there...

2. Post #42
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    2,626 Posts
    Why would you not want wire???
    Please, let's not get into this again. Some people like it, others don't. End of story.

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    4,084 Posts
    Why would you not want wire???
    Too mainstream?

Edited:

just kidding of course

4. Post #44
    August 2008
    123 Posts
    I get the error: Cannot Open file at the Moment and there are no more files in the foldermenu, but in data/advdupe2/mysteamid/ the files are there...
    The first thing isn't an error, it's the anti-spam (which should probably be disabled in singleplayer). The second thing is from you hosting a listen server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    The first thing isn't an error, it's the anti-spam (which should probably be disabled in singleplayer).
    It is already disabled in singleplayer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,948 Posts
    At the moment I'm running this on my server however it doesn't appear to be loading any public dupes of AdvDupe 1 files. Is this intended behaviour or something that's being worked on?

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    Intended behavior. Working between the 2 directories is kind of difficult. You can put the AD1 public folder in the AD2's though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,948 Posts
    Intended behavior. Working between the 2 directories is kind of difficult. You can put the AD1 public folder in the AD2's though.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    June 2011
    668 Posts
    Im sorry TB, but.....
    It just doesnt work.
    My chassis rip apart and ballsockets are very wobbly.
    When spawned in the old TBDupe, they work fine.
    Keep up the good work though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    Im sorry TB, but.....
    It just doesnt work.
    My chassis rip apart and ballsockets are very wobbly.
    When spawned in the old TBDupe, they work fine.
    Keep up the good work though
    Send me the dupe. Or pictures or something?
    Is it an AD1 dupe?

11. Post #51

July 2009
    49 Posts
    Ive got a new error while pasting my vehicle with the duplicator.
    Posted on the Google issue page: http://code.google.com/p/advdupe2/issues/detail?id=3

Is either a feature or a bug - its annoying :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

12. Post #52
    June 2011
    668 Posts
    Send me the dupe. Or pictures or something?
    Is it an AD1 dupe?
    no, a new car chassis that wks in TB, not ad2

13. Post #53
    August 2008
    123 Posts
    Ive got a new error while pasting my vehicle with the duplicator.
    Posted on the Google issue page: http://code.google.com/p/advdupe2/issues/detail?id=3

I'm on it. Happens because it never occurred to me that Lua would give table addresses any differently on Linux. Could someone with a Mac check to see what running
    Code:
    lua_run print({})
    spits out?

EDIT:

Fixed at least the Linux part.

Edited:

Is anybody experiencing Issue #4 (not being able to scroll through all files in the browser)? If so, how many files are there? Are they in a folder?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    Fixed it being so annoying.

no, a new car chassis that wks in TB, not ad2
    Should be fixed, if not its a conflict with TB's duplicator and you'll need to delete the autorun folder in TB's Duplicator.

15. Post #55

November 2011
    6 Posts
    Don't know if it's a bug or I'm just being stupid. But I am having problems with reading dupes on a linux dedicated server.

People can save just fine and the files end up in the folder on the server, but reading the files does not work. Even right after saving something, if you click "Update" the just uploaded file just vanishes and it shows a empty file browser again.

As a workaround I've started saving things, then download from server and delete from server (to not clutter it with files). Then re-uploading, pasting and deleting when you want to paste something.

Have of course tried singleplayer and hosted servers on windows machine, and that worked fine.

16. Post #56
    July 2011
    14 Posts
    Thanks a lot! I have a long history of broken duplications... Hope it's fixed :D

17. Post #57

July 2009
    49 Posts
    Don't know if it's a bug or I'm just being stupid. But I am having problems with reading dupes on a linux dedicated server.

People can save just fine and the files end up in the folder on the server, but reading the files does not work. Even right after saving something, if you click "Update" the just uploaded file just vanishes and it shows a empty file browser again.

As a workaround I've started saving things, then download from server and delete from server (to not clutter it with files). Then re-uploading, pasting and deleting when you want to paste something.

Have of course tried singleplayer and hosted servers on windows machine, and that worked fine.
    The problem is the right-system at linux. The user who starts the server (Hopefully NOT root) need to own the gameserver directory to read files.

Use the "chown" command to set the owner of your server directorys and files.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Austria Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #58
    I'm a dumb whiny baby that just won't shut the hell up. Also, I love big hairy cock.
    December 2009
    1,185 Posts
    works with servers?

19. Post #59

November 2011
    6 Posts
    The problem is the right-system at linux. The user who starts the server (Hopefully NOT root) need to own the gameserver directory to read files.

Use the "chown" command to set the owner of your server directorys and files.
    I'll admit right here and now to being far from a Linux guru.
    But the install and setup of the server was done with a user made especially for the server, and checking with ls -l the user is the owner of everything in there from what I can tell.

I also tried setting the data/advdupe2 folder where everything is saved to full read/write access for anyone without any luck.

I am kinda hoping it is some easy oversight like this though. Any other ideas?

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    When its uploaded you can open it?

21. Post #61

November 2011
    6 Posts
    When its uploaded you can open it?
    Yes, can open and paste it. But as soon as I either hit Update or reconnect it's not showing on the list again, even though the file is there on the server.

22. Post #62
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    So you can save and open also?
    Your problem is just loading the files in the file browser?

23. Post #63

November 2011
    6 Posts
    So you can save and open also?
    Your problem is just loading the files in the file browser?
    Yes, I can save and they end up in the proper folders when I check with the command line. If I upload from local machine I can open before the list updates, if it updates the file goes invisible as well.
    The only problem is that the file browser does not seem to read the files on the server, they are there, but they don't show up for anyone on the server.

Like it knows where to save the files and what they are used for, but it does not know where they are located afterwards, they just don't show up.

24. Post #64
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    Like minifisch there may be some kind of privilege denying access of finding the files. I don't have a linux machine to test on. Can anyone else confirm?

25. Post #65

July 2009
    49 Posts
    Hey TB, i can confirm that bug:
    Code:
    [AdvDupe2Notify]	Cannot open at the moment.
    The test.txt is saved with the rights to read and write.
    Problem must be at the core and not at the fileRead function of your duplicator.
    Also its reproducable - sometimes it wont work and at the next try the file will open.
    I cant find a error in both consoles (Server and Client)

TB you can join my server to talk with us and find a solution - ask me per PM.

Edit:
    Error only comes when you open two files in a short time. Take at break between opening files.

Edit2:
    We found the "Bug"(Okay its a feature :P): It is simply the time to need before you can open a other file.
    Code:
    		if(!SinglePlayer() && CurTime()-(ply.AdvDupe2.FileMod or 0) < 0)then 
    			AdvDupe2.Notify(ply,"Cannot open at the moment.", NOTIFY_ERROR)
    			return
    		end
    		ply.AdvDupe2.FileMod = CurTime()+tonumber(GetConVarString("AdvDupe2_FileModificationDelay"))
    TB, please change the notify to something similar as:
    Code:
    "Cannot open at the moment - please wait " .. AdvDupe2_FileModificationDelay .. " seconds."

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    Hey TB, i can confirm that bug:
    Code:
    [AdvDupe2Notify]	Cannot open at the moment.
    The test.txt is saved with the rights to read and write.
    Problem must be at the core and not at the fileRead function of your duplicator.
    Also its reproducable - sometimes it wont work and at the next try the file will open.
    I cant find a error in both consoles (Server and Client)

TB you can join my server to talk with us and find a solution - ask me per PM.
    Yeah its an anti spam feature so lag abuse can't happen. You can change the interval via concommand. I will make the message more informative. But worms problem is that peoples files are not getting loaded into the file browser for selection.

27. Post #67

July 2009
    49 Posts
    OH my mistake.
    Checked out now and got the same problem.

Rights are set properly - so it cant be a Linux fail.

28. Post #68

July 2009
    49 Posts
    Change the uppercase to lowercase in this lines of the advdupe2.lua in weapons/gmod_tools/
    Code:
    Line 1366: file.TFind("Data/advdupe2/=Public=/*", function(Search, Folders, Files) TFind(ply, Search, Folders, Files, Folder.ID) end)
    Line 1469: file.TFind("Data/"..AD1.."/*",
    To:
    Code:
    Line 1366: file.TFind("data/advdupe2/=Public=/*", function(Search, Folders, Files) TFind(ply, Search, Folders, Files, Folder.ID) end)
    Line 1469: file.TFind("data/"..AD1.."/*",
    Sorry for DP

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    19,926 Posts
    Change the uppercase to lowercase in this lines of the advdupe2.lua in weapons/gmod_tools/
    Code:
    Line 1366: file.TFind("Data/advdupe2/=Public=/*", function(Search, Folders, Files) TFind(ply, Search, Folders, Files, Folder.ID) end)
    Line 1469: file.TFind("Data/"..AD1.."/*",
    To:
    Code:
    Line 1366: file.TFind("data/advdupe2/=Public=/*", function(Search, Folders, Files) TFind(ply, Search, Folders, Files, Folder.ID) end)
    Line 1469: file.TFind("data/"..AD1.."/*",
    Sorry for DP
    The issue here is Linux case sensitive file system.
    Since most people who writes/makes addons test them on their windows computers where the filesystem is NTFS.
    And NTFS isn't case sensitive.
    One way to permanently circumvent that problem, is by having the garrys mod gamerserver installation on a JFS partition that's created with a parameter so it isn't case sensitive
    http://wiki.garrysmod.com/?title=Mov..._JFS_partition is a example on how it can be done with a image file, though I personally prefer to partition part of the harddisk to JFS instead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #70
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    7,194 Posts
    or instead of changing our server installations we can just stop using pointless uppercase letters in file names....?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    Fixed.

or instead of changing our server installations we can just stop using pointless uppercase letters in file names....?
    It wasn't pointless in my gmod folder it is Data not data.

32. Post #72
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    7,194 Posts
    Fixed.

It wasn't pointless in my gmod folder it is Data not data.
    well that's your own deal lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #73
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,423 Posts
    I found a bug.

this has happened several times to both me and now someone else: after pasting a duplication, SmartSnap only draws grids on a few of the props, not all of them as it does normally. Upon reopening the duplication, the same effect occurs, typically on the same props. A full game restart is typically necessary to rid myself of the problem. I recently updated my version, so I'm sure that's not the problem, and I only have a few addons geared towards building, so i doubt it's a confliction.

Also, sometimes, after duplicating an object with props inside other props, yet properly nocollided as to not cause collisions, the duplicated version seems to forget the nocollides and make the props collide as if I hadn't even nocollided them. This has happened in the past with TB's Duplicator, if that's worth mentioning.

34. Post #74
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    I found a bug.

this has happened several times to both me and now someone else: after pasting a duplication, SmartSnap only draws grids on a few of the props, not all of them as it does normally. Upon reopening the duplication, the same effect occurs, typically on the same props. A full game restart is typically necessary to rid myself of the problem. I recently updated my version, so I'm sure that's not the problem, and I only have a few addons geared towards building, so i doubt it's a confliction.
    I had found this bug before and spent hours trying to fix it. And I just spent hours trying to fix it. I think it's a bug with gmod but I'm not sure. I'm going to add an option to disable spawn protection in the expereimental section for a temporary fix.

Edited:
    I finally figured it out. It does appear to be a bug in gmod and its also causing other problems.
    Also, sometimes, after duplicating an object with props inside other props, yet properly nocollided as to not cause collisions, the duplicated version seems to forget the nocollides and make the props collide as if I hadn't even nocollided them. This has happened in the past with TB's Duplicator, if that's worth mentioning.
    I'm not sure what you mean. I can take 2 props no collide them, dupe them, and the still no collide.

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    4,423 Posts
    I'm not sure what you mean. I can take 2 props no collide them, dupe them, and the still no collide.
    It has only happened on a few duplications. The duplicated version of whatever I was working on seems to be missing all its nocollides. I don't personally understand it, so I won't pretend to hypothesize as to a reason for it, but I know it has happened to me a few times already. I'll nocollide-multi or nocollide-all-multi a few props, dupe them, and the props will collide. This doesn't happen all the time, but if it happens, I can't do anything about it until I restart the game.

Also, thanks for your quick reply. I appreciate the work you do more than you'll ever know, but being quick and helpful with this kind of stuff just makes you that much better than the other devs.

36. Post #76
    Fuck You, Laren Faust
    July 2009
    1,856 Posts
    Rate me , but will it read old adv dupe saves? (Backwards Compatibility)?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    It has only happened on a few duplications. The duplicated version of whatever I was working on seems to be missing all its nocollides. I don't personally understand it, so I won't pretend to hypothesize as to a reason for it, but I know it has happened to me a few times already. I'll nocollide-multi or nocollide-all-multi a few props, dupe them, and the props will collide. This doesn't happen all the time, but if it happens, I can't do anything about it until I restart the game.

Also, thanks for your quick reply. I appreciate the work you do more than you'll ever know, but being quick and helpful with this kind of stuff just makes you that much better than the other devs.
    You can upload the dupe and PM the link to me and I'll double check everything. No Collide All sets a collision group so that's not constraints.

Rate me , but will it read old adv dupe saves? (Backwards Compatibility)?
    Yes, its in the OP, or even look at the picture of the file browser.

38. Post #78

November 2011
    6 Posts
    For some reason I could not get that fix to work minifisch.

But I solved the problem following that JSF partition guide. Guess I'll run Gmod with that from now on to avoid further problems with addons.

To get back on track. So far me and my friends are loving the mod, totally awesome! Have had abit of a problem duplicating cars though, where the Torque on the wire wheel says it's the same as the original, but seems to be reset to 1000. Just swapping the wheels works fine though, so only a minor problem.

Thanks for the work on this -TB_!

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,380 Posts
    For some reason I could not get that fix to work minifisch.

But I solved the problem following that JSF partition guide. Guess I'll run Gmod with that from now on to avoid further problems with addons.

To get back on track. So far me and my friends are loving the mod, totally awesome! Have had abit of a problem duplicating cars though, where the Torque on the wire wheel says it's the same as the original, but seems to be reset to 1000. Just swapping the wheels works fine though, so only a minor problem.

Thanks for the work on this -TB_!
    The problem should've been solved through minifisch find about the casing of my file path which is updated in the latest revision.

As for your wheels, I tested wire wheels and they show the same torque that I put after duplication. Note, you can also update wire wheels with a right click.

40. Post #80

November 2011
    6 Posts
    The problem should've been solved through minifisch find about the casing of my file path which is updated in the latest revision.

As for your wheels, I tested wire wheels and they show the same torque that I put after duplication. Note, you can also update wire wheels with a right click.
    Yes, this was indeed a massive user fail by me. So scratch that.

Can't but echo my praise other then that. After testing more with my friends we are totally in love with the addon, especially the "paste at original position" makes making houses and decorating a dream.
    Works like a charm on servers!