[tr]
    [td]
    [release]
    [table]
    [tr]
    [td]
    [/td]
    [td]

Rigs of Rods is a free, open source, soft body physics simulator.
    It has car physics similar to grand theft auto - only much, much more realistic.

[h2]Vehicles[/h2]
    There's a wide assortment of vehicles - Cars, to Trucks, to Tractors, to Planes.
    Yep, there's planes.
    But even if you're not satisfied with all that the game comes with, you can download more
    cars from the official website.

[h2]Physics[/h2]
    Rigs of Rods is a soft body physics simulator. That means that it simulates objects that have compression,
    elasticity, force, and more things. Perfect for cars. So the physics in Rigs of Rods are very accurate.
    Not all cars have this, though. Most of the street cars have it.

[h2]Gameplay[/h2]
    There's no real goal to this "game". It's a sandbox. You spawn cars, you drive them, you crash them.
    The controls aren't the most accurate, and most cars will swerve off the road if you actually try to drive them.
    There's a multiplayer component, so you can play with your friends. Keep in mind that this is still in development,
    so there's a ton of bugs.

[h2]Content Creation[/h2]
    Have an idea for a vehicle you'd like to add? You can do it yourself, easily!
    Over at the Rigs of Rods wiki, they have a ton of tutorials to help you get
    started modeling, scripting, and texturing!

So if you have an idea, head over to the Rigs of Rods wiki!
    [h2]Download[/h2]
    The best part about Rigs of Rods? It's free! Everything, from the client to the content to the source code, is
    100% free and open source.

So what are you waiting for? Download it now!

[/td]
    [td]
    [/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]
    [/release]
    [/td]
    [td]
    [release]
    [table]
    [tr]
    [td][/td]
    [td]
    Media
    * Videos
    Official Promo
    Official YouTube Channel
    Burnside Crashing
    Commie Plays: Rigs of Rods
    Crashet Car on Wall
    Rigs of Rods

* Pictures

[/td]
    [td][/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]
    [/release]
    [/td]
    [/tr]
    [/table]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Artistic Artistic x 4Late Late x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    November 2010
    340 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Sweden Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,800 Posts
    Made by yours truly <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 8Funny Funny x 4Artistic Artistic x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    11,781 Posts
    And now for penis colada to post all his cool shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member

November 2007
    7,998 Posts
    Yeah, this thread is incomplete without penis colada's ridiculously good vehicles.

6. Post #6
    I wish I was as cool as Felix :)
    April 2010
    8,924 Posts
    Gabe, get in here. I wonder if anyone else from that godforsaken hell hole of a Rigs of Rods forum is on Facepunch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,685 Posts

8. Post #8
    I'm rocketsnail full of rocketfail! Drop boxes ⇒⇒⇒
    January 2011
    3,304 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    11,879 Posts
    So exactly how do you get cars and what not.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    1,420 Posts
    So exactly how do you get cars and what not.
    Download them from the site and drop the zips into a certain folder which I can't remember right now. Plenty of vehicles available.

Wasn't there a thread already? I occasionally play this game as a way to waste time. Great fun to screw around in. Especially seeing how badly you can fuck up your car.

11. Post #11
    I wish I was as cool as Felix :)
    April 2010
    8,924 Posts
    The Rigs of Rods Repository.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    358 Posts
    I remember this game, it was a great time-waster. I can't wait for penis colada to show up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    1,754 Posts
    just got it working. It's a good game. still ain't figured out how to fly the helicopter yet.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,456 Posts
    Hi guys. I'm gabester. I made all the Gavrils, the shitty Accord and S10, the Burnsides, and the '49 Ford

Have some download links (need newest RoR, drop these zips in My Documents\Rigs of Rods 0.38\packs)

'49 Ford
    Chevy S10
    Honda Accord Hatchback

Gavril Zeta
    Gavril G2
    Gavril Omega
    Gavril MZ2

Burnside

Small Track
    Bajacross
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 10Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    itty-bitty pretty kitty
    September 2008
    9,384 Posts
    The '49 ford is the second best car for RoR (you've been beaten by the honda accord).

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,800 Posts
    Is there something I have to do to turn ABS on/off? I just slammed the brakes on in an MZ2 from about 200kph and the wheels locked up entirely.

Also I flipped and crashed and died and now there is car everywhere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

17. Post #17
    I'm rocketsnail full of rocketfail! Drop boxes ⇒⇒⇒
    January 2011
    3,304 Posts
    ABS?

Edited:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,800 Posts
    Anti-lock braking system. It helps to stop you from "flipped and crashed and died and now there is car everywhere"

19. Post #19
    DANK
    July 2011
    9,165 Posts
    When I start it im just some shitty low res polygon farmer walking around a empty town
    I tried pressing buttons but nothing happens :I
    This game has less instructions than minecraft I have no idea what to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    11,879 Posts
    When I start it im just some shitty low res polygon farmer walking around a empty town
    I tried pressing buttons but nothing happens :I
    This game has less instructions than minecraft I have no idea what to do.
    Move your curser to the top and you should see a menu bar. All the way to the left is where you spawn cars.

Does anybody else think the handling sucks. I was going 50 mph and went to turn and my car did a full 360.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    January 2008
    7,148 Posts

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,800 Posts
    Does anybody else think the handling sucks. I was going 50 mph and went to turn and my car did a full 360.
    Your car isnt going to like you very much if you hold the throttle open and put it in full left lock while doing 80kph over what was presumably grass. You're driving with a keyboard, aren't you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,428 Posts
    How do I use my racing wheel for this? It has no real controller config, except for input.map, but how do I know what everything is called?

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    11,879 Posts
    Your car isnt going to like you very much if you hold the throttle open and put it in full left lock while doing 80kph over what was presumably grass. You're driving with a keyboard, aren't you?
    Yup. Automatic tho.

25. Post #25
    DANK
    July 2011
    9,165 Posts
    I watch the videos of people driving fast and flying into walls and having a good time but when I jump into Rigs of Rods I realize its a hard to control sticky buggy game with crash errors and graphical hiccups.
    Some of my cars hardly make it down the street, Some just crash into a wall instantly, Others give a error and crash me to desktop.

My final thoughts
    YouTube is a dirty liar and this game sucks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,428 Posts
    game cant run on my bad pc so its bad >:(!!!

No.

But how do I enable my racing wheel for this game?

27. Post #27
    Gold Member

November 2007
    7,998 Posts

No.

But how do I enable my racing wheel for this game?
    You have to download a key config for it or make one yourself. What wheel?

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,428 Posts
    Not sure what the exact name is, but it's a thrustmaster one. Has pedals and has those weird things behind the wheel itself too, but they broke off.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    9,970 Posts
    When I installed this, it installed all DirectX SDK updates from 2006 to 2010.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,428 Posts
    That means you didn't have them, probably.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    9,970 Posts
    Probably because I got this PC in 09.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    10,428 Posts
    In that case it's just weird. But back to the racing wheel config, where can I find one?

33. Post #33
    im a gold member please accept me!!!
    March 2011
    1,193 Posts
    Made by yours truly <3
    Very nicely made, kudos to you.

Also, the cars feel like they are made of biscuit. I imagined it would be harder to break up a car than this.

This is still damn fun! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Tunisia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    9,970 Posts
    The first time I launched this, I went on screwing around getting a lot of vehicles stuck. Then I hit Esc in hope of a menu, shows up that it seems to be the "quit game" button. I also realized that the handling on the vehicles was terrible, but I guess that may be because I used a keyboard. Through, the cars did feel like they were filled with helium, each time I turned the vehicle spins around ending in extreme button tapping.

I found the controls a bit unusual, once I enter a vehicle I expect W to be accelerate, but, in contrast to the character controls, it isn't. I also had no idea on how to fly an airplane/helicopter, after I finally found a way to make it move forward, I "flew" straight forward and fell into a river. Through, I guess most of my complains is on user-created content (which I downloaded with the game) and that is mostly limited collision, bad handling and a lot more.

Through, if I look away from the user-created stuff and the highly unadaptable controls, there is a lot of great things about this game such as the advanced collision system and the variety of it. I mean here is a game where you can do anything with vehicles such as driving fast around a track, causing a lot of damage to a vehicle, stack boxes with cranes and fly an airplane. This game really have some potential.

Edited:

I should probably also mention that I have never driven any vehicle before, so all of my experience on how they work is by looking at other people drive or through videogames like this one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Glod Member
    March 2009
    11,828 Posts
    -snip-

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    5,477 Posts
    Hi guys. I'm gabester. I made all the Gavrils, the shitty Accord and S10, the Burnsides, and the '49 Ford

Have some download links (need newest RoR, drop these zips in My Documents\Rigs of Rods 0.38\packs)

'49 Ford
    Chevy S10
    Honda Accord Hatchback

Gavril Zeta
    Gavril G2
    Gavril Omega
    Gavril MZ2

Burnside

Small Track
    Bajacross

Hey Penis, you should make your Maxima.

Yes, yes you should. Don't you dare disagree Penis.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    3,481 Posts

Also, the cars feel like they are made of biscuit. I imagined it would be harder to break up a car than this.

Dunno, those wheels alone weigh a ton.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,800 Posts

Really depends on who made the car as to how realistically it's represented. I'd say Gabester's cars are spot on with the crashes. Don't forget to pay attention to your actual speed (press t) when you hit something, because this game gives you a poor perception of how fast you're going. When I think I'm doing 60kph when im actually doing 100.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    2,724 Posts
    So many of the cars just flat out don't spawn or crash it, like the Monster truck for me. Is this normal?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    2,800 Posts
    Made another video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 23Artistic Artistic x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)