1. Post #81
    I never said people just instantly die when they are shot. Unless they are shot critically in the heart/lungs/head. That wasn't my point either.
    You're a goddamn moron, Any gunshot wound is inevitably fatal without treatment, Plenty of people have sustained shots to say, the hand, and died from the subsequent bloodloss. Bullet wounds aren't like a game of COD. You're obviously an "Armchair Badass" who has lived such a dull life they think that the real world acts like SWAT 4 or some shit.

And so, you think a teenager with a knife is a threat when you are pointing a gun at him at semi-close range? Huh.. Yeah the kid's in danger that's for sure. The cop? Not so much. Not in this case anyway.
    You're seriously dumb. Really. Anyone with any weapon is a threat. A bald rheumatic man with a big blue dildo wielding it as a weapon is still a threat. He could easily bonk someone into unconciousness/choke them with it.

Anyway I'm just saying that if I was the cop pointing a gun at the crazed knife-wielding teenager, I'd just say "Don't try anything funny, or I will shoot you, and it will hurt. Your choice."
    OH NOOO! A GUNSHOT WOUND WILL HURT! GASP!.

You realize the teenager was trying to get shot? He wanted the cop to shoot him multiple times. The thread is all about how he managed to avoid shooting him 16 times and instead shot him twice.

I thought the 45 couldn't even penetrate a deck of cards. There was that one video of that guy dissing the 9mm and 45 somewhere.
    Yeah uh.. That's bullshit. the 9mm can penetrate kevlar with fewer shots than .45, And the .45 has low armor penetration, But the .45 will break ribs quicker. It has much more concussive force.

God I wouldn't wanna talk to the guy jesus, I just wouldn't want to shoot him EVEN if he had a knife unless HE forced me to it.

"HEY DUMBASS KID, DROP THE KNIFE OR I WILL KNEE-CAP YOU STUPID FUCK! NOW PUT IT DOWN!"
    "-no i will charge at u hurrdurr im a ninja"
    *BANG*
    "Stupid motherfucker.."
    Jesus christ you are thicker than a cinderblock. Really. I hope you're never allowed to handle firearms.

Edited:

fuck that was a big post
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 5 (list)

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    1,270 Posts
    I can't believe how everytime there is a knife incident, SOMEONE screams about the police should have used the taser.

No.

The X26 has roughly a ~25ft or so range on the barbs, just a mere step beyond the 21 foot rule. Knives are not to be played around with. Knives are deadly force and can inflict much more damage than a gunshot wound.

You bring a knife to a gunfight you pay the price like this moron did.

And I am glad that someone posted about traditional vests and knives. Regardless, even if your vest did stop a knife blow you still have other exposed regions that you do not want stabbed or slashed.

This was a good shoot. The suspect brought this upon himself and had numerous chances to drop his weapon. Less lethal was about to be deployed and HE, the SUSPECT, turned it into a lethal force
    scenario, not the police.

There is a video somewhere, not sure where it was filmed at, which shows what happens when you dick off with a guy wielding a knife. It did not end well for those officers. (One of the officers even had a damn AK.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #83
    Gold Member

May 2005
    2,236 Posts
    Anyway I'm just saying that if I was the cop pointing a gun at the crazed knife-wielding teenager, I'd just say "Don't try anything funny, or I will shoot you, and it will hurt. Your choice."
    And how exactly would you find the time to do this when someone's charging at you with a knife? You're in an extremely intense life threatening situation that takes about 5 seconds to play out, not a fantasy world where the moron with the knife is going to stop and think about his actions and realize "hey, maybe this isn't such a good idea after all!".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #84
    Gone but never forgotten.
    November 2009
    19,633 Posts
    This may be a surprise to some people on here but, police officer do not want to shoot someone. More cops retire/find new work after being involved in an OIS. Why? Because you shot someone (which, for your egos demise -- is very emotionally challenging to do). This is also the reason why police officers drink more then any other person.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

5. Post #85
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    17,927 Posts
    Pretty clear-cut self defense.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

6. Post #86
    Facepunch armorer
    February 2010
    3,567 Posts
    Stupid CoD fanboys.

7. Post #87
    Surprised nobody's called the cop a fascist pig yet
    I think JDK's working his way there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

8. Post #88
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,424 Posts
    The police were justified in their self-defense. It sounds like the kid was making a deadly charge with a weapon, and that is grounds for this kind of action.

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,596 Posts
    Running at a cop with a knife never ends well, and this just proves that.

I guess the kid played too much counter strike, you know running with knife makes you run faster.

10. Post #90
    Dennab
    July 2009
    19,189 Posts
    this was the dumbest shit. He charged the guy, why the fuck? He was almost sure to be shot.
    "Haha I bet he isn't actually going to sho-"

"MOMMY"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #91
    Dennab
    October 2010
    5,187 Posts
    And how exactly would you find the time to do this when someone's charging at you with a knife? You're in an extremely intense life threatening situation that takes about 5 seconds to play out, not a fantasy world where the moron with the knife is going to stop and think about his actions and realize "hey, maybe this isn't such a good idea after all!".
    Yes well, the moment the attacker comes at you charging, feel free to shoot him. Your trigger finger wired to your brain is a bit faster than 5 seconds.
    So if you can't seem to find enough time to reason with the attacker, just shoot.

Didn't really came in here to argue about.. that.

late-edit, how did I ever become so entrenched in a stupid argument.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    426 Posts
    It's nice to see something like this about police in the media, instead of another case of an officer assaulting a mentally handicapped person or the like. All police officers aren't assholes and it's good to see it shown from time to time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    7,912 Posts
    I think JDK's working his way there.
    nope, I watched the video, and it was justified self-defense

way to be an asshole
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 4Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    What, some guy said gunshots aren't lethal most of the time, I agreed, then you call me a moron for that.

Anyway, with the dialogues I wrote and people quoting on the last page.. Fuck it, just forget it.
    The truth is, With a nearby highly-trained EMT or doctor, No, gunshot wounds aren't fatal. With no EMT or doctor nearby, The survival-if-not-taken-to-treatment rate drops atleast 50%. Even a fully-first-aid-trained Police Officer cannot guarantee survival from a gunshot wound even after applying first aid, even in a sterile environment with sterile equipment.

Gunshot wounds are fatal unless they are treated in a quick period of time, No you won't die in seconds(Read: You will die if untreated) from a shot to the foot or hand but you will lose lots of blood fast and infection is likely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,116 Posts
    Some (2) cops were attacked by a knife man from a bush, they used pepperspray and their nightsticks to apprehend him without pulling their sidearms and popping a cap in his ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

16. Post #96
    Dennab
    October 2010
    5,187 Posts
    -
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #97
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    777 Posts
    nope, I watched the video, and it was justified self-defense

way to be an asshole
    Just going off your track record is all he was doing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

18. Post #98
    Dennab
    July 2007
    43,766 Posts
    Just going off your track record is all he was doing.
    lol

no he was attacking a strawman is what he was doing

19. Post #99
    Yeah okay but that wasn't the point. And pretty sure gunshot can be fatal, like if struck in the heart. But that's just one weak point..
    My god. I'm terribly sorry, You appear to be educationally subnormal.

ANYGUNSHOTISDEADLYANYGUNSHOTISDEADLYANYGUNSHOTISDE ADLYANYGUNSHOTISDEADLYANYGUNSHOTISDEADLY

Get that through your GODDAMN HEAD. Real Life is not a game of CoD 6: MW2: Bad Company: Vietnam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    July 2009
    1,658 Posts
    Tazers are hard to use, one prong fires directly forward and another one shoots at a downward angle. They don't both come out at the same direction. And for tazers to work, both prongs have to hit the target. The farther away a target is, the more likely you are going to miss. The prongs spread fast and far in a small amount of distance, you have to be right on a target to hit them with 100% accuracy and certainty. Tazers also have one shot. And if the person charging you with a knife is on drugs, chances are they can still attack you and kill you even if you got both prongs in and are frying their ass.

On the other hands, guns shoot straight and have less exceptions to them. Cop's training of "shooting until threat is eliminated" will make sure any threat will stop, even if they are on drugs.

Sorry but it's not a perfect world. Can't use tazers, mace, and batons for everything.

Would be a wonderful alternative. Also, drugs won't block out electricity, unless you've been ingesting solid gold to make it go through the gold instead of your muscles. If your muscles would be unaffected by electrical charges you'd fall over and die because your heart would stop beating and your muscles wouldn't be able to move.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #101
    October 2011
    2 Posts
    Source

There is a DashCam video in the source.
    --

The shooting was justified by the 21-Foot rule. A great job by the police.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

22. Post #102

Would be a wonderful alternative. Also, drugs won't block out electricity, unless you've been ingesting solid gold to make it go through the gold instead of your muscles. If your muscles would be unaffected by electrical charges you'd fall over and die because your heart would stop beating and your muscles wouldn't be able to move.
    OK then.

The gold thing is utter bullshit. Electricity does not work that way. Plus, those shotguns aren't officially adopted because they cost umpteenth dollars, aren't exactly compact, and police officers can't exactly wander round with fucking shotguns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,693 Posts
    Looks cool though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

24. Post #104
    March 2009
    2,290 Posts
    those shotguns are retarded. Biggest waste of money ever. They won't chamber regular rounds for safety reasons. The taser shells won't be used in a regular shotgun for safety reasons. Why even make it a shotgun in the first place? You're buying a less lethal shotgun, when you already have regular shotguns, and most PDs won't use the less lethal shells with the shotguns they already have. Plus, each taser round for the damn thing is $160
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Taiwan Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #105
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    22,554 Posts

It looks like it's made out of LEGO.

Actually, a shotgun that shoots LEGO wouldn't be that bad an idea. It'd be like a beanbag round, but fun!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #106
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    12,383 Posts

Because every police station is equipped with state of the art secondary weaponry such as a lego-plated pump-action shotgun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

27. Post #107
    Dennab
    October 2010
    5,187 Posts
    -
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

28. Post #108
    May 2005
    8,598 Posts
    The truth is, With a nearby highly-trained EMT or doctor, No, gunshot wounds aren't fatal. With no EMT or doctor nearby, The survival-if-not-taken-to-treatment rate drops atleast 50%. Even a fully-first-aid-trained Police Officer cannot guarantee survival from a gunshot wound even after applying first aid, even in a sterile environment with sterile equipment.

Gunshot wounds are fatal unless they are treated in a quick period of time, No you won't die in seconds(Read: You will die if untreated) from a shot to the foot or hand but you will lose lots of blood fast and infection is likely.
    Plenty of gunshot wounds aren't fatal.

I don't know where you got the impression that guns are magic, but just like not all knife wounds are fatal, not all gunshot wounds are fatal without treatment. Unless you consider simply applying pressure to the wound treatment. Though even then, bullets glance off bone matter all the time, leaving wounds that would heal on their own. Or you can get shots that go clean through non important portions of the body. Or rounds that simply wing their target.

Bullets aren't magic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #109
    Yeah up your ass.
    You have to be REALLY stupid to think you still have an argument. Really. You're being such a fool.

Edited:

Plenty of gunshot wounds aren't fatal.

I don't know where you got the impression that guns are magic, but just like not all knife wounds are fatal, not all gunshot wounds are fatal without treatment. Unless you consider simply applying pressure to the wound treatment. Though even then, bullets glance off bone matter all the time, leaving wounds that would heal on their own. Or you can get shots that go clean through non important portions of the body. Or rounds that simply wing their target.

Bullets aren't magic.
    That kid doesn't seem to get the fact that a gunshot wound is goddamn dangerous, Rather than a pew-pew annoyance like he's experienced in games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

30. Post #110
    Dennab
    October 2010
    5,187 Posts
    -
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

31. Post #111
    Optimal non-threatening gunshot wound; straight through the side of your stomach, hardly scratched your intestine but didn't like penetrate your kidney, apply pressure to both wounds, hell a hello-kitty plaster on both entrance and exit wounds and you are good to go while your body does the job of healing.

So yeah I don't get where Drsalvador gets those blunt claims of his but still one thing is sure, bullets are fucking nasty and WILL kill you if the shooters knows his business.
    Wow... Just. Wow. Do you realize the kind of concussive force that would entail? With a 9mm it would be marginal but.. Just wow. You Fail Biology Forever.

Edited:

Besides, You're taking the EXACT same thing i said and saying it in a different manner to make yourself sound smart. You moron.

Edited:

I can't even be bothered arguing anymore, You're obviously such a sheltered, mindless little gretchin that you can't even comprehend what i'm saying properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    Dennab
    October 2010
    5,187 Posts
    Should've mentioned that obviously it depends on the gun too and the ammunition.

Can you imagine an assault rifle heavy caliber bullet RIPPING your fucking arm off? I mean I saw some security footage of an assault rifle incident and it looked brutal. Not exactly the kinda shit you see in videogames..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #113
    May 2005
    8,598 Posts
    Optimal non-threatening gunshot wound; straight through the side of your stomach, hardly scratched your intestine but didn't like penetrate your kidney, apply pressure to both wounds, hell a hello-kitty plaster on both entrance and exit wounds and you are good to go while your body does the job of healing.

So yeah I don't get where Drsalvador gets those blunt claims of his but still one thing is sure, bullets are fucking nasty and WILL kill you if the shooters knows his business.
    Rounds virtually never go through their target unless they are designed to armor piercing rounds. It is highly unlikely that anyone is going to shoot you with armor piercing rounds. And if you are wearing body armor, then those still rarely go through you.

Getting shot in the gut, pretty much anywhere, is going to eventually kill you. The bullet is likely going to perforate your intestine and cause you to go septic damn quick. Most bullets are going to mushroom to some degree and possibly even break apart inside you, turning bits of you to hamburger meat.

There are definitely non-lethal shots, but if someone scores a hit to your torso that doesn't deflect off a rib, you are pretty fucked.

34. Post #114
    Oh yeah sorry had to restart my pc.

Should've mentioned that obviously it depends on the gun too and the ammunition.

I mean, can you imagine an assault rifle heavy caliber bullet RIPPING your fucking arm off? I mean I saw some security footage of an assault rifle incident and it looked brutal. Not exactly the kinda shit you see in videogames..
    goddamnitstopdrivingmeinsanegoddamnityou'relikemyp ersonalnecronomicongoddamnit

5.56 DOES NOT RIP ARMS OFF. Nor does a standard-calibre 9mm round, If i remember correctly 5.56 either shards or twists violently on contact with flesh due to :science: and physics. It'll break your arm too.

7.62 would fuck your day up though, Not a completely-gone arm but definitely alot of flesh missing and a pulverized bone, There's a reason the M60 and AK47 use it.

Goddamnitgoddamnitgoddamnit. I'mdonewiththisshitgoddamnit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

35. Post #115
    Dennab
    October 2010
    5,187 Posts
    edit, cleaning up shit

36. Post #116
    7.62mm is a standard NATO round, It's the round used in the AK-47 and most of its variants, and the M60, I'm not sure about its other usages however..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #117
    Dennab
    October 2010
    5,187 Posts
    yup

38. Post #118

The one next to 5.56(Which is the standard round for most if not all western armed forces), 7.62x39mm. That's what's used in the AK-47, It's famed for its range and penetration.

On the far left you have the 9mm, The standard sidearm round in most western countries.

In the middle we have the .45ACP, It used to be the standard sidearm round but has fallen out of practice, as despite great stopping power, it lacks the Armor Peircing of a 9mm.

Far right is .50BMG, used in the Browning M2 and Barrett M82 Sniper, A single hit from that will chunkify you regardless of your armor or status. It will REALLY ruin your fucking day. A shot to a limb would either turn it into pulled pork or remove it entirely.

Edited:

What's a Browning M2, you ask?

This motherfucker.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #119
    Dennab
    October 2010
    5,187 Posts
    Yeah I figured. Like I said, I wasn't saying that bullets are like fucking needles that pass right through..

40. Post #120
    They're not like needles that pass through. Read Gunfox's post.