1. Post #361
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,925 Posts
    The version that's in the SVN seems to work just fine.

2. Post #362
    January 2009
    484 Posts
    Really nice work Beat The Zombie, those ports look damn good!
    I haven't tried them out yet so I'm just gonna ask: Is the breechblock of the Mauser Karabiner 98 moveable? I'd really like to use these models in SFM!

3. Post #363
    August 2009
    1,415 Posts
    I updated SVN with more recent version also what is SFM? Security on the Kar98k is not a bodygroup but if you get the original model from RO2 I guess you could overcome that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #364
    January 2009
    484 Posts
    Ok I think I can take care of that.
    SFM = Source Filmmaker :P

5. Post #365
    August 2009
    1,415 Posts
    Oh I see also here is how it look like ingame with proper lightning :
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

6. Post #366

May 2012
    33 Posts
    How do I use an SVN?

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    3,019 Posts
    Beat the Zombie, you are a god

How do I use an SVN?
    1. Download Tortoise SVN : http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads.html
    2. When its done, install it.
    3. Tortoise SVN is installed ? Create a new folder.
    4. Go to this folder and right click.
    5. In the menu, click on "SVN Checkout"
    6. On the menu that appears, paste the link of the SVN ( http://beatthezombiero2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ )
    7. Click on the button "OK"
    8. Tortoise SVN is donwloading the file, wait for the checkout end.
    9. Cut and paste you folder in you addons folder.

That's all Kamerad !
    If you have some question, don't hesitate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Belgium Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

8. Post #368

May 2012
    33 Posts
    Thanks a lot!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    3,019 Posts
    Little bump.

Also, I don't know if you are taking request. If you do, then I ask for Walter Armbrusch era german soldier. If you don't know who is WAlter, here is some references pics :

He is an MG-Schütze therefore, he should have MG accessories and, obviously, the bullets chains.
    It's hard to see what he is wearing but I tried to see what he had. Here is the list of his wear.

-His MG (obviously)
    -M1944 Pants (feldgrau)
    -M1944 Feldbluse (with SS-Schütze collar tabs)
    -US Raincoat
    -GP35(b) Holster
    -MG maintenance kit
    -M35 (or M40) helmet
    -Shovel
    -SS belt
    -Fight shoes (cf : http://i42.servimg.com/u/f42/16/42/64/66/brodeq10.jpg)

If you don't mind to take this request, I'll ask to someone else.

10. Post #370
    January 2009
    484 Posts
    I thought the models are faceposable? I'm asking because I can't find the facial flexes in SFM...

Little bump.

Also, I don't know if you are taking request. If you do, then I ask for Walter Armbrusch era german soldier. If you don't know who is WAlter, here is some references pics :

BILDER

If you don't mind to take this request, I'll ask to someone else.
    What do you mean? You want him to model this guy on his own?

11. Post #371
    August 2009
    1,415 Posts
    No I don't take request, and yeah they are faceposable.

12. Post #372
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    3,019 Posts
    No I don't take request

I'll ask to someone else then.

13. Post #373
    January 2009
    484 Posts
    Alright I got another question:

What is it about that hand?

14. Post #374
    August 2009
    1,415 Posts
    Well dunno, it works in gmod and HLMV under the stand sequence and physic. I am too lazy to fix it.

15. Post #375
    May 2011
    159 Posts
    Tank interior! Amazing!
    Will it have the same physical functions as in Red Orchestra? Like moving turret and 'cannon', or even turning controls and wheels?
    It would be awesome to be able to create a Tank movie in SFM.
    The progress I see so far is more then I ever expected to see in the source engine. Great! Tanks.
    This made my day. : )

16. Post #376
    May 2010
    97 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #377
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    13,602 Posts

Loving these models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 5 (list)

18. Post #378
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    3,019 Posts
    Gott Himmel. That's awesome ! You removed the SS eagle on the right arm ! Yay !

19. Post #379
    December 2010
    456 Posts
    is that a vickers that those russians have?

20. Post #380
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,133 Posts
    is that a vickers that those russians have?
    It's a Maxim, it's what the Vickers and most WW1 era Machine Guns are based off of.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vickers_machine_gun

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxim_gun

21. Post #381
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    3,019 Posts
    Bump because BTZ work is awesome.

Also :

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 2Artistic Artistic x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

22. Post #382
    January 2009
    484 Posts
    Can't eyepose them in SFM. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #383
    May 2011
    1,768 Posts
    Hauptmann, don't forget to rotate the thighs in so they don't look like gangsters ;)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

24. Post #384
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    3,019 Posts
    Any progress ?

this thread don't have to die.

25. Post #385
    June 2011
    422 Posts
    Any progress ?

this thread don't have to die.
    And it ain't gonna c:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #386
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    3,925 Posts
    Well screw you guys! I saw new posts, got excited, and saw people asking if the there's progress. Thanks a bunch for getting my hopes up!

In all seriousness, I'm asking the same questions. How's it going BtZ? :C   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #387
    August 2009
    1,415 Posts
    Well actually let me explain how it's actually really going. I had to work on school stuff all the week up to nighttime, I barely had time to sleep and then I am so tired the only thing I feel like doing is playing RO2,watching Big Bang Theory and doing advanced calculus even if I don't know how. That's how the 2 last week have been like. Now I have some free time and I don't know when I will start porting again. There is so much stuff to do I don't even see the end of it. Quick list :
    T-34 with interior
    Russian heads
    German Winter heads
    Doing all the gibs for all the body which reprensente about 24 models per uniform, doing all the textures for each model which is about 30 per uniform.

Buying Rising Storm when it comes out and port model out of it. About 6 month of work for the weapons and vehicles, then another 6 month for the ragdolls if I work alone.

Also that I don't get that much feedback on what I should do more. I know that a lot of people are annoyed at my german orientation because I love german tanks, weapons and uniforms. Actually I have enough WW2 models to work for the rest of my life if I keep the same rythm. The engines are getting older and older so more the years pass more I have source maps that the model are way more high quality then the maps. When I request a map even if I give texture packs and all nobody actually wants to help. I end up alone with years of work and I must say it's quite annoying.

Don't worry once I will get a boost some more models will come.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

28. Post #388
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    3,019 Posts
    Well actually let me explain how it's actually really going. I had to work on school stuff all the week up to nighttime, I barely had time to sleep and then I am so tired the only thing I feel like doing is playing RO2,watching Big Bang Theory and doing advanced calculus even if I don't know how. That's how the 2 last week have been like. Now I have some free time and I don't know when I will start porting again. There is so much stuff to do I don't even see the end of it. Quick list :
    T-34 with interior
    Russian heads
    German Winter heads
    Doing all the gibs for all the body which reprensente about 24 models per uniform, doing all the textures for each model which is about 30 per uniform.

Buying Rising Storm when it comes out and port model out of it. About 6 month of work for the weapons and vehicles, then another 6 month for the ragdolls if I work alone.

Also that I don't get that much feedback on what I should do more. I know that a lot of people are annoyed at my german orientation because I love german tanks, weapons and uniforms. Actually I have enough WW2 models to work for the rest of my life if I keep the same rythm. The engines are getting older and older so more the years pass more I have source maps that the model are way more high quality then the maps. When I request a map even if I give texture packs and all nobody actually wants to help. I end up alone with years of work and I must say it's quite annoying.

Don't worry once I will get a boost some more models will come.
    Take all the time you want. We can wait.

You are awesome.

If only I could help you...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #389
    May 2011
    159 Posts
    Really, whats allready been done is amazing! I really enjoy the coolness and detail of theas models, RO2 is a awesome game, but being able to use thease models in the Source Filmmaker is just as awesome. Thanks alot for making that possible!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

30. Post #390
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    3,019 Posts
    Hello...

I love faceposing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

31. Post #391
    January 2009
    484 Posts
    OMGWTFBBQ
    Where did you download that Allied soldier?

32. Post #392
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    3,019 Posts
    Where did you download that Allied soldier?
    Ask to beat the zombie, it's a private model. The pack includes german and allied ragdolls, vehicles, AA gun and weapons from the game Medal of Honor Airborne.

33. Post #393
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    3,019 Posts
    How is it going ? Stürmgepack added, and..?

34. Post #394
    August 2009
    1,415 Posts
    oh the radio comes from the pack of Vipermark II.

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    3,019 Posts
    The Stürmgepack isn't the radio ;)

That's that :

36. Post #396
    August 2009
    1,415 Posts
    It always been there.

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    February 2012
    3,019 Posts
    Really ?

[SUB]I'm being old[/SUB]

38. Post #398
    January 2009
    484 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Artistic Artistic x 9 (list)

39. Post #399
    June 2011
    422 Posts
    nuh..nuhnuh....NICK?!

40. Post #400
    January 2009
    484 Posts
    nuh..nuhnuh....NICK?!
    Yup, was the best head I could find for the model. And the original heads of the Wehrmacht models aren't eyeposable in SFM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)