1. Post #1081
    The Doctor Is In
    September 2009
    20,294 Posts
    You missed Occupy San Antonio. About 1,000 people showing up to protest downtown. 7th largest populated city though so it's not a huge turnout. Lots of conflict going on between the 2 sides here.
    Damn, I'm sad I missed it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #1082
    OvB
    Facepunch resident scientist
    March 2007
    19,075 Posts
    Your right-wing bias never ceases to amaze me.

No, instead the tea-baggers stood around being ignorant, racist, and all around hateful bigots who shouted obscenities 24/7. Honestly, people who oppose progress are more offensive and retarded than someone (supposedly) shitting on a cop car.
    Countering Glabers generalizations with more generalizations. Bravo. Look, the Tea Party was full of uninformed idiots but to say they were all racist rednecks would not be fair.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

3. Post #1083
    quality poster
    August 2009
    12,066 Posts

I saw this posted a few pages back and spit water all over my keyboard and monitor laughing at how backwards it is
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #1084
    OvB
    March 2007
    19,075 Posts
    Damn, I'm sad I missed it.
    There are 4 major cities in Texas, surely there will be an Occupy Dallas/Austin/Houston you could hit up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #1085
    MEGA SENPAI KAWAII UGUU~~ =^_^=
    September 2008
    14,424 Posts
    I got some more articles for you, and I have to say, the more I hear about this movement, the more I can't support it.

FOX: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests
    Washington Times: Parties see protests as two sides of coin
    LA Times: Herman Cain steps up attacks on Occupy Wall Street protests

I even heard on the Sean Hannity show that someone took a dump on a police car.

I never heard of the TEA party Movement acting as bad as the Occupy movement.
    Well let's see, I think I can pretty much invalidate those:
    1. A camp in a park, not entirely sanitary in every aspect? I'm really surprised.
    2. How the parties view the protests is irrelevant to what the protesters actually stand for.
    3. Really, Herman Cain? The guy who said "I don't have facts to back this up, but I believe that the protests are being organized by the Democrats"?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

6. Post #1086
    OvB
    March 2007
    19,075 Posts
    I got some more articles for you, and I have to say, the more I hear about this movement, the more I can't support it.

FOX: Owners of Zuccotti Park Say Conditions Unsanitary From Wall Street Protests

Large groups of people tend to be unsanitary. I hear stories of people urinating and defecating wherever they stand while at large, crowded concerts/events.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #1087
    Dennab
    September 2009
    1,006 Posts
    Riot police in OccupyAustin. Good show.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

8. Post #1088
    I love liberals, they make me so fucking hard I just want to cum all over the place while fucking a pony.
    January 2008
    4,437 Posts
    Okay, I got an article to back up that number 2 on a 911.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1aBoS7rJv
    (First picture in the link)

Large groups of people tend to be unsanitary. I hear stories of people urinating and defecating wherever they stand while at large, crowded concerts/events.
    Maybe so, but part of what helped the Tea party survive was that they actually cleaned up after themselves. From what I'm hearing, this Occupy movement is making no effort to clean up anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2Starred Starred x 1 (list)

9. Post #1089
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,424 Posts

Maybe so, but part of what helped the Tea party survive was that they actually cleaned up after themselves. From what I'm hearing, this Occupy movement is making no effort to clean up anything.
    They have an entire section of the protest devoted to keeping everything sanitary you dolt.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #1090
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    21,017 Posts

This is because you're listening to things like News Corp and Herman Cain who have the credibility of mud.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #1091
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    7,680 Posts
    I've heard (probably wrong) that some protestors are arguing amongst each other?
    T/F?

12. Post #1092
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    21,017 Posts
    I've heard (probably wrong) that some protestors are arguing amongst each other?
    T/F?
    You probably have a few small disagreements, most likely between Ron Paul Revolutionaries and the rest of the movement.

13. Post #1093
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    7,680 Posts
    Yeah, I'm not one hundred percent sure what to think.
    Personally as a republican, I'm a status quo type guy, but if its obvious (protesting) the population wants it, I'll back reform, just my 0.02
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #1094
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    10,140 Posts

Where are the sanitation workers? It's their job to pick up the trash and remove it. If the owners of the park really gave a fuck they'd hire people to get rid of it, but no, it seems that instead of cleaning it up they'd rather use it as an excuse that the protest is bullshit.

If nobody is emptying the trashcans of course it's going to pile up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #1095
    September 2008
    14,424 Posts
    Personally as a republican, I'm a status quo type guy
    That is not at all surprising.

16. Post #1096
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    25,211 Posts

I saw this posted a few pages back and spit water all over my keyboard and monitor laughing at how backwards it is
    Remove the terrorist and place the woman with the baby on the other end and you have a more accurate portrayal.

Edited:

Wait, needs more IDF bulldozer running over house.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #1097
    September 2008
    14,424 Posts
    Remove the terrorist and place the woman with the baby on the other end and you have a more accurate portrayal.

Edited:

Wait, needs more IDF bulldozer running over house.

Not quite a house, but good enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Zing Zing x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #1098
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    4,488 Posts
    At occupy Oklahoma city. Kind of too dark for pictures. Will post images if I feel like it etc.
    There were two men in suits laughing at us. They'll get theirs when people march to the bank tomorrow.

Idiots at school know nothing of walstreet and when we explain to them they say shit like "hurr theyre lazy need to stop complaining" One idiot said derp i work at Braums and I live well and I'm like dude you live with your fucking parents. I gave examples of why shit is fucked etc and how if anything it's his duty as a fellow countryman, no matter you party of choice, to protest. He raged. At least this weekend I know a lot of people will go to the occupation.

There's a lot of interesting people there. Lots of cannabis too. :)

I really hope I don't sound like an outcast-hipster faggot because I assure that I'm not. Can't help but feel out of place when most people are saying you're an idiot for supporting this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

19. Post #1099
    January 2011
    364 Posts
    Bullshit. That place is clean.

I can't find any evidence of this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events

20. Post #1100
    I love liberals, they make me so fucking hard I just want to cum all over the place while fucking a pony.
    January 2008
    4,437 Posts
    Bullshit. That place is clean.

I can't find any evidence of this.
    First picture in that link. Or do you still deny the photographic proof?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Starred Starred x 1 (list)

21. Post #1101
    January 2011
    364 Posts

First, Daily mail
    Second, that's ONE guy.
    Third, the next two pictures are entirely misleading. Second image is trash on the side of the street where they come to collect the rubbish. Have you seen New York City streets? There are piles of trash to be collected. It's common. Third image: is not garbage, it's sleeping bags and personal items.

Edited:

The other two images are misleading. And it's one guy.
    Plus the dailymail is total rubbish.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Anonymous Proxy Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #1102
    September 2008
    14,424 Posts
    Daily Mail?

Daily Mail?

Daily Mail.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

23. Post #1103
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    15,973 Posts

I stopped reading when I saw one of your sources was FOX
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #1104
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    11,607 Posts
    you could not have picked a worse source
    you pick the newspaper that was revealed to have just made shit up wholesale a week ago

I wouldn't put it past daily mail to have paid people to do that, honestly

Edited:

they're doing it because of dirty marxist obama!!!

oh wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

25. Post #1105
    Dennab
    July 2007
    43,766 Posts

Tea Party movement takes a dump on my intelligence so yeah, they're worse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

26. Post #1106
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,233 Posts
    I love the guy in the corner. Poor guy got blinded by the flash.

Edited:

Tea Party movement takes a dump on my intelligence so yeah, they're worse
    And the funny thing is that since the corporations took control of the Tea party movement, they wouldn't paint shit like that on them.

Edited:

It's also Hannity. You can't really take anything he says as reliable. It's like getting facts about the world from a 3rd grader.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #1107
    I once worked at a sperm bank, the food was terrible
    April 2011
    9,001 Posts
    you pick the newspaper that was revealed to have just made shit up wholesale a week ago

Edited:

they're doing it because of dirty marxist obama!!!

oh wait.
    9-11 truth rofl.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

28. Post #1108
    I'm different!
    July 2006
    21,017 Posts

Gawker was talking about that same image earlier along with the other concerns about them being "uncivilized" and "unsanitary". A lot of people are also saying that the image seems to be set up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

29. Post #1109
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    6,134 Posts

And the funny thing is that since the corporations took control of the Tea party movement, they wouldn't paint shit like that on them.

Edited:

It's also Hannity. You can't really take anything he says as reliable. It's like getting facts about the world from a 3rd grader.
    You're suggesting FOX is smarter than a 3rd grader. How odd.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

30. Post #1110
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,233 Posts
    You're suggesting FOX is smarter than a 3rd grader. How odd.
    You're right. 3rd Graders are literate.

31. Post #1111
    Official Bro of DD
    Dennab
    June 2010
    12,111 Posts
    I can understand why you guys are doing this but theres now an occupy auckland here in New Zealand. Which I think is stupid as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events

32. Post #1112
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,233 Posts
    I can understand why you guys are doing this but theres now an occupy auckland here in New Zealand. Which I think is stupid as fuck.
    Then don't show up to the protests.

33. Post #1113
    Dennab
    July 2007
    43,766 Posts
    The entire western world has similar problems in different degrees. New Zealand is far from perfect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #1114
    Official Bro of DD
    Dennab
    June 2010
    12,111 Posts
    The entire western world has similar problems in different degrees. New Zealand is far from perfect.
    It may not be perfect but the problems aren't nearly on the same scale as in America. Im friends with people who are in the top 1% ie one of them is in the 3rd richest family of my country and their family is there because they worked hard, not because they are greedy and corrupt.

35. Post #1115
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,233 Posts
    Your country has 4 million people. Of course its problems are no where near scale.

36. Post #1116
    Official Bro of DD
    Dennab
    June 2010
    12,111 Posts
    Your country has 4 million people. Of course its problems are no where near scale.
    Which is why I think the protesting is silly in my country

37. Post #1117
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,233 Posts
    You're also friends with a bunch of rich kids.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Starred Starred x 2 (list)

38. Post #1118
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    12,042 Posts

I can't stand how willfully ignorant some people are. It blows my mind.
    I find this pic ironic because the people responsible for the collapse sure were eager to get those bail-outs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #1119
    Official Bro of DD
    Dennab
    June 2010
    12,111 Posts
    You're also friends with a bunch of rich kids.
    What does that have to do with anything? Im also friends with a bunch of poor people... and Im not exactly rolling in dosh myself

40. Post #1120
    I'M A SHAAARK!
    October 2009
    16,900 Posts
    Daily Mail has a history of photoshopping stuff to suit their own narrative.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)