1. Post #21441
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    4,707 Posts
    Unsharpened Volcano Fragment
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 11Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #21442
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #21443
    August 2011
    1,713 Posts
    Yeah I must say that the missile toe was one of my favorite ones that came out of the whole smissmass thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #21444
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    282 Posts
    I love the Missile Toe. I don't know why other people don't like it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

5. Post #21445
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #21446
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    13,407 Posts
    Anyone remember this?
    Excuse me.

gunslinger replacement.
    I think you folks know what to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #21447
    Human Garbage
    June 2008
    9,479 Posts
    Should probably break it down by weapon/hat/misc too? Since we're going to get some all-class stuff, here's some lists of those:

Top 5 all-class festive hats:

1. Holiday Haberdashery
    2. Wreath of Victory
    3. Severed Smissmas Hat
    4. Smissmas Turkey
    5. Lurking Lover

Top 5 all-class festive miscs:

1. Present's Pin
    2. Plastikey
    3. A Change of Heart
    4. Gingerbread Mann
    5. Jiggle Bells

Honorable mention to the top all-class festive weapon.
    a lot of those are kind of meh, definitely not the best of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

8. Post #21448
    April 2011
    447 Posts

It's actually in an hour or so but ok :)
    I'm sorry but that concept already been modeled.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Zing Zing x 8Useful Useful x 1Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #21449
    March 2011
    213 Posts
    can i get a download for this submission as a skin? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4lMkbKjP0Q
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #21450
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,973 Posts

It's actually in an hour or so but ok :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

11. Post #21451
    May 2010
    713 Posts
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...tails/?id=4371

Y no love for this? my friends work is good >:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

12. Post #21452
    December 2010
    754 Posts
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...tails/?id=4371

Y no love for this? my friends work is good >:
    I love that, but it has no hat to go with it and kind of breaks silhouette.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

13. Post #21453
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    282 Posts
    a lot of those are kind of meh, definitely not the best of them.
    I didn't say they were the best quality, they're just the top according to Top Rated.

14. Post #21454
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,135 Posts
    I sometimes get the feeling the top-rated items are ranked based on date of submission instead of actual ratings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 18Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #21455
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,392 Posts
    I sometimes get the feeling the top-rated items are ranked based on date of submission instead of actual ratings.
    It's a mix of that, and people can't be arsed to scroll through all of the pages of decent items to vote for good things buried deep. Valve needs a randomized front page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

16. Post #21456
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,379 Posts
    It's a mix of that, and people can't be arsed to scroll through all of the pages of decent items to vote for good things buried deep. Valve needs a randomized front page.
    I'm guessing it's a "Anything past pages 1-5 is shit" mentality.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #21457
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    282 Posts
    I'm fairly sure it's based on votes per days since submission or something, I know it's not flatly ratings.

18. Post #21458
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    5,051 Posts
    I would be nice to get some clarification from Valve as to how things are ranked in the Workshop.

19. Post #21459
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,139 Posts
    I put together a list of the top festive/smissmas items from the first 15 pages.
    i'm so proud of my li'l incinerator's insulator

it's come so far
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #21460
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    1,932 Posts
    I really need to think of some way to advertise our submissions now that they're buried in the workshop. Last I check my most recent hat was on page 117.

I thinks it's based on how frequently an item is voted on.

21. Post #21461
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,973 Posts
    If you're going to post a workshop link, at least post a picture or the name of the item.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #21462
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    282 Posts
    I really need to think of some way to advertise our submissions now that they're buried in the workshop. Last I check my most recent hat was on page 117.
    Page 3 of Soldier miscs, Page 1 in your heart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #21463
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,135 Posts
    I also would like to see a private (optionally public if you want to attract golddiggers) item statistics page where you can track how much units have been sold of your item and how many people currently are wearing it and all that jazz. Maybe it could even have a graph with sale-dates on it to show how much sales affect player purchases.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

24. Post #21464
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    5,139 Posts
    I also would like to see a private (optionally public if you want to attract golddiggers) item statistics page where you can track how much units have been sold of your item and how many people currently are wearing it and all that jazz. Maybe it could even have a graph with sale-dates on it to show how much sales affect player purchases.
    and then the team captain and teddy roosebelt reigned supreme
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

25. Post #21465
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    5,537 Posts
    How about a page that just randomizes 9 different submissions to show, so people just don't vote for the first ones and leave?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

26. Post #21466
    Sweet Roll Moderator
    February 2007
    4,135 Posts
    and then the team captain and teddy roosebelt reigned supreme
    Private page as in only the creator can see it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

27. Post #21467
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    5,051 Posts
    How about a page that just randomizes 9 different submissions to show, so people just don't vote for the first ones and leave?
    I still say some sort of system should be checking the contents of the zip that has to be uploaded with a submission to at least check for proper material files/and or model files. That way we would get a whole lot less crappy posts from kids using renders of items on Facepunch and Polycount that don't belong to them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

28. Post #21468
    July 2011
    3,108 Posts
    void, king of space and time: precisely soldier must find a she parents
    Kaymon95: -Do not be alarmed. The chat posts that you have just witnessed are a test of the new Steam automated admins. We are watching. We are always watching. Thank you.-
    void, king of space and time: PRECISELY SOLDIER MUST FIND A SHE PARENTS
    Pyronom: wat
    void, king of space and time: PRECISELY SOLDIER MUST FIND A SHE PARENTS
    Pyronom: WHAT
    The Doctor: I can't tell if I've just lost a week of my life or have delayed my death by the same time
    Kaymon95: pyronom i already explained it, the -men who keep me safe- have wires hooked into my brain.
    Kaymon95: wait a minute
    Mudkip Maestro: Is that a Space Oddyssey reference or just coicidentally similar sentences?
    Kaymon95: they didt filter that!
    Mudkip Maestro: Regarding loosing a week
    Mudkip Maestro: Of your life
    The Doctor: Yes
    The Doctor: it is
    The Doctor: I just reread it last week
    Mudkip Maestro: Huh
    Mudkip Maestro: I just started rereading it too
    The Doctor: You are me
    The Doctor: a week into the past
    Mudkip Maestro: Oh my god

Emporium chat gets weird at 1 in the morning
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #21469
    July 2010
    94 Posts
    I can't get my specular map to work! I've googled and googled... Maybe I'll google some more later on.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...tails/?id=5004

Anyone remember this?
    That poor engie. :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #21470
    August 2011
    1,713 Posts
    Another sniper wip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

31. Post #21471
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,499 Posts
    Finished!

Will post the models tomorrow, tired now sorry ;)

Rate and comment if you like, thanks!
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...tails/?id=5084

Concept:

Viewmodel Fov 70:

I still cannot get over how fucking godlike you are
    I want to have that kind of skill so badly. Do you have any tips? Even my concept art doesn't blend as well as yours, I have a tablet but can never get shading down correctly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #21472
    September 2009
    489 Posts
    YOU PRANCIN SNOW-PONIES
    Totally fixed that.

Just...didn't seem appropriate otherwise.

As far as the Christmas Contributions go..I havent really seen anything thats WOWed me. I guess maybe its because I dont think X-Mas lends itself well to this sort of thing, I dunno.

EDIT:
    With one exception: That amazing Heavy/Soldier Beard. Greatest idea ever.

33. Post #21473
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    9,973 Posts
    TopNotch.jpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

34. Post #21474
    June 2011
    1,226 Posts
    So, Guardian wanted me to post several painted colors of his fox tail. He didn't specify WHICH colors, and I was getting lazy, so I did 12 colors. Yes, I know the sizes are inconsistent, yes, I know the image looks like shit. No, I don't care.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 17Dumb Dumb x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

35. Post #21475
    Dennab
    March 2010
    1,060 Posts
    Not sure if I like the spots of color, sure you might see spots on a dog or wolf but not often on their tail. Maybe stripes of color would look better? Just an idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #21476
    BUY THE BROWN BOMBER
    February 2011
    7,642 Posts
    So, Guardian wanted me to post several painted colors of his fox tail. He didn't specify WHICH colors, and I was getting lazy, so I did 12 colors. Yes, I know the sizes are inconsistent, yes, I know the image looks like shit. No, I don't care.

what's with the white outlines?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

37. Post #21477
    August 2010
    116 Posts
    Guys you need to release shit again. Ever since Workshop was made you just posted it in workshop. Where are the good ol' modders that made stuff replacements? Really I would love you all if you started releasing your workshop stuff as replacements.

Edit: Especialy you Sparkwire.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Czech Republic Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

38. Post #21478
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    24,003 Posts
    Hear Hear
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #21479
    June 2011
    1,226 Posts
    what's with the white outlines?
    I was wondering that myself.

40. Post #21480
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    593 Posts
    remember this?

TFC scout headset

well its up in workshop now, hate it or like it whatever you choose, i just thought i would mention that they are up to be rated
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)