1. Post #8601
    I FAILED HIGH SCHOOL
    April 2011
    3,868 Posts
    You can't unless the PC version has lan support.

You have to trade off. Free game VS ability to play online.
    PC does have LAN.

Edited:

(pls dont ban me) how would one do to play online with the pirate (skidrow) version?
    Just buy it, its a great game you wouldnt regret it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

2. Post #8602
    Saged, Hidden, Reported, Filtered & Called the cops
    June 2008
    6,483 Posts
    Just beat the    Warrior. He took my shield down ~4 times, but never downed me once. I kicked his ass with my Tediore shotgun, throwing it at his crit spot really devestated him. He literally ejaculated loot EVERYWHERE. It took like 20 minutes to clean up the whole mess.    I got a new shotgun out if it too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #8603
    May 2010
    3,577 Posts
    Ok, this game's saving system really got to me now (specially to my coop friend), get this I find 3 kickass purple weapons for him from the slots, I join him and give him the weapons, his computer crashes a few minutes after that and I lose connection.

Result:
    I lost connection so my game saved and I no longer had the weapons to give him.
    He didn't save because his computer crashed so he doesn't have the weapons either.
    Weapons lost in the void forever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #8604
    Official worst poster 2011
    June 2007
    8,694 Posts
    Be glad you don't get the Vault logo roll.

Because if you do, all you get is a live grenade in my experience.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 12Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #8605
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,570 Posts
    Anyone else using a Wireless USB adapter?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

6. Post #8606
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    6,448 Posts
    bloodwing :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

7. Post #8607
    October 2009
    1,519 Posts
    Anyone else using a Wireless USB adapter?
    I use one, why?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

8. Post #8608
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    3,183 Posts
    Just beat the    Warrior. He took my shield down ~4 times, but never downed me once. I kicked his ass with my Tediore shotgun, throwing it at his crit spot really devestated him. He literally ejaculated loot EVERYWHERE. It took like 20 minutes to clean up the whole mess.    I got a new shotgun out if it too.
    Wow, no offence but that's a really really shitty shotgun.
    9.3 accuracy? .9 fire rate? Low damage?

Does it have some sort of special ability or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #8609
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    13,721 Posts
    I use one, why?
    His shit lags when he has his wireless adapter plugged in. When he unplugs it it works just fine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #8610
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,652 Posts
    how i get there?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events

11. Post #8611
    Saged, Hidden, Reported, Filtered & Called the cops
    June 2008
    6,483 Posts
    Wow, no offence but that's a really really shitty shotgun.
    9.3 accuracy? .9 fire rate? Low damage?

Does it have some sort of special ability or something?
    It's a shotgun, it's meant to be right in the enemy's face, which is easy enough to accomplish. Low fire rate is fixed by my badass stats and all that shit. And low damage? 672x17 is 11,424, I don't see how that's low damage. Mix that in with critical shot and I can just imagine that whatever was shot is gonna be an insta gib. I've begun vault hunter mode right now and I'm kicking everythings ass right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #8612
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    5,025 Posts
    I might be late, But i think the no vacany quest is a reference to gearbox and steam. When you pick up the steam valve scooter says "These things used to use other tech but people complained and they changed it" Sounds to me like the transition from gamespy to steamworks. And when you pick up the gearbox he says "Man these things sure are the cats roar" or something like that.

Am i onto something or just really crazy?

13. Post #8613
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    13,721 Posts
    I might be late, But i think the no vacany quest is a reference to gearbox and steam. When you pick up the steam valve scooter says "These things used to use other tech but people complained and they changed it" Sounds to me like the transition from gamespy to steamworks. And when you pick up the gearbox he says "Man these things sure are the cats roar" or something like that.

I might understand with the first one, but I don't really get the second one.
    I think you might be looking too deep for a meaning.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #8614
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    5,025 Posts
    I might understand with the first one, but I don't really get the second one.
    I think you might be looking too deep for a meaning.
    Well gearbox is the name of the company that made the game. I think i might be insane.

15. Post #8615
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    787 Posts
    how i get there?
    You have to go under it into the Grotto, but you need to be on the relevant story mission (which you don't get til a bit after you unlock the quests for that area).

At least you managed to finish Capture the Flags, my first playthrough one of the generators bugged out and became indestructible.

16. Post #8616
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    13,721 Posts
    Well gearbox is the name of the company that made the game. I think i might be insane.
    I understood the actual gearbox representing the company, but maybe im just dumb, but I don't get the cats roar comment. Is it trying to say that gearboxes are good therefore the company is good?

I dunno.

17. Post #8617
    October 2010
    7,368 Posts
    Started Vault Hunter Mode on my level 29 Axton. The exp is crazy, I'm already level 31 and I haven't even reached Sanctuary yet, I saved and quit on Claptrap's boat. Also, I'm glad I went with the Slag Turret and Double turret barrels, I like to be near my turret, helping it hunt down the poor souls that get in it's way, and the slag makes it *that* much easier. I'm sure the double turret would be badass, but utility over maybe a half hour of awe over how fast your aimbot kills shit.

18. Post #8618
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,159 Posts
    God damn it I was just doing "Won't Get Fooled again" and my fucktard friend just chose a random guy while i was questioning everybody else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

19. Post #8619
    Official worst poster 2011
    June 2007
    8,694 Posts

I'm pretty sure the Valve and Gearbox has been a tradition since Opposing Force.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #8620
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,235 Posts
    Make sure to check Randy Pitchford's twitter daily for Switch codes.

He sends codes for all platforms that have about 10 golden keys each.

21. Post #8621
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,962 Posts
    i LOVE THE SLOTS

so i went to maxxi canteen as usual, used the slots when suddenly

i couldnt believe my mind, i got all the 3 hooker legs!

then a beathifull fire sniper rifle with massive damage,rate of fire and a sexy ass skin came

fuck YEAH

oh also i finally got a good shotgun, whats better with a shotgun with incorporated AI!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Venezuela Show Events

22. Post #8622
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    13,721 Posts
    Make sure to check Randy Pitchford's twitter daily for Switch codes.

He sends codes for all platforms that have about 10 golden keys each.
    Switch code?

Where do I put in those? I don't think there is a key input for shift... PC only codes?

23. Post #8623
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,235 Posts
    Switch code?

Where do I put in those? I don't think there is a key input for shift... PC only codes?
    I haven't done it, but I assume when you link your copy of BL2 to your account there's a place to put in your code on the website. I'll see if I can figure it out.

And yes, they are console specific codes.

24. Post #8624
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    13,721 Posts
    I haven't done it, but I assume when you link your copy of BL2 to your account there's a place to put in your code on the website. I'll see if I can figure it out.
    I think when you link your console with shift you can insert codes in the extras menu ingame.

25 character codes. Blah.

25. Post #8625
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,619 Posts
    I finally managed to create a GOD-liath Goon.
    Dropped only this...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6Winner Winner x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #8626
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    1,235 Posts
    I finally managed to create a GOD-liath Goon.
    Dropped only this...
    Just wait for the Badass Goliath or Loot Goon Goliath come out in the Frostburn Canyon, and then make them GOD-liaths. They're tougher and drop a ton better loot. Also, I found that it helps if you kill all of the nomad pyros, their flamethrowers are devastating to Goliaths.

27. Post #8627
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    29,664 Posts
    i got another really good jakobs

still has a cosmetic bolt

also:

i'm only level 23
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

28. Post #8628
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    2,003 Posts
    I'm so tempted to do the infinite key glitch, but I dont want to ruin the game for myself by having one weapon I'll use for 20 levels and never switch out..
    What's the glitch?

29. Post #8629
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    13,721 Posts
    Agh. I signed up for shift on PC, and signed in on console. I didn't get an extra key.

30. Post #8630
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,490 Posts
    What's the glitch?
    A glitch for "winners" who enjoy ripping the fun out of their gaming experience.
    I think you just edit a file or some shit, some guy said it was just a single line to edit in a specific file earlier in the thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

31. Post #8631
    kill yourself
    June 2006
    29,664 Posts
    i still don't get why people care this much about the golden keys

half the fun for me is finding a good gun after sticking with trash for so long
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

32. Post #8632
    Dumb britbong
    April 2011
    2,045 Posts
    Hey guys can someone go to Claptraps place and check the fireplace I found a special item in there but being the retard I am picked it up befor really reading and it dosent appear to have gone into my inventory.

I did it on vaulthunter mode and it was a Gear or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #8633
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,404 Posts
    so i found yet ANOTHER legendary grenade mod. I honestly have no idea what the fuck this does though. Transfusion maybe?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #8634
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    5,025 Posts
    I haven't used my golden key yet, I can't decide when i should use it.

so i found yet ANOTHER legendary grenade mod. I honestly have no idea what the fuck this does though. Transfusion maybe?
    Throw it at guys and see what happens. My guess is that it sticks onto someone and leeches health until they die or lose a certain amount.

35. Post #8635
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    13,721 Posts
    OK I figured out a way for infinite keys on PS3. But you have to have either PS+ or a USB data storage device of any kind. You must also have at least one key. It will be more efficient with more, but one is required.

1. Go into PS3 save section
    2. Copy BL2 PROFILE DATA onto a USB key/PS+. I would use a USB key just in case.
    3. Go into the game, use the key, get the loot.
    4. Exit, go into USB key storage, and copy and replace with the old one.
    5. Go back to step 3.

It should work on PC as well, or set the PC profile data to read only. Not sure if the 360 will let you do that.

36. Post #8636
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    1,110 Posts
    I haven't found any gold's yet, and every purple thing I've found has felt like a gimmicky piece of crap. So far all my best guns have been blues.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

37. Post #8637
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    3,183 Posts
    Can someone tell me how I'm supposed to use the Marcus Shrine?

38. Post #8638
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    5,025 Posts
    Can someone tell me how I'm supposed to use the Marcus Shrine?
    I don't think people know yet, I bet you need to sacrifice it guns though.

39. Post #8639
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    3,183 Posts
    I don't think people know yet, I bet you need to sacrifice it guns though.
    I got that much, but when I pull the handle, it just beeps red and doesn't do anything.

Also, I got my second E-Tech weapon from the chest right outside the shrine.

A Hyperion Slag Spiker, pretty nice so far. Does almost as much damage as my dahl railgun. It also has one of those small circular holographic sights.

40. Post #8640
    Dumb britbong
    April 2011
    2,045 Posts
    I haven't found any gold's yet, and every purple thing I've found has felt like a gimmicky piece of crap. So far all my best guns have been blues.
    I found this but in NG+ its getting kinda bad.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events