1. Post #6801
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,487 Posts
    I had a very fun game on Degroot Keep, and then this happened:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 6Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

2. Post #6802
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    13,407 Posts
    That hat would be infinitely more bearable if it weren't so lazily made. Extremely low poly brim, rings aren't even connected to the hat, it's ridiculously shiny and the texture has absolutely no detail to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 18Zing Zing x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #6803
    July 2010
    1,023 Posts
    The Eyelander
    Level 5 Sword
    No random critical hits
    -25 max health on wearer
    This weapon has a large melee range.
    Gives increased speed and health with every head you take.

:y
    Apologies. I am wrong. Sorry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

4. Post #6804
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,989 Posts
    Getting dominated by someone who then immediately invalidates it by doing something dumb and suiciding on something.

Bonus points if you get revenge before the dominated sound clip ends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #6805
    Gold Member
    April 2012
    6,479 Posts
    Somebody going to spectate when you dominate them.

It just means they care that much more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #6806
    June 2010
    321 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 13Artistic Artistic x 6Funny Funny x 4 (list)

7. Post #6807
    Reminds me of that one comic Gastric drew long time ago about this same loadout.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #6808
    July 2009
    480 Posts

When panicked rocketing goes horribly right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Iceland Show Events Funny Funny x 6Artistic Artistic x 6Agree Agree x 5 (list)

9. Post #6809
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,989 Posts
    This, twenty million times this. I've defended control points completely alone by doing exactly what's shown here. Get a kill with KGB, and if you immediately switch, you get just enough time to fire all eight shots as critical. It's a brutal force to behold, especially if you can chain midway through for even more crits.

Just one more reason why I almost never use my minigun. Why can't there be a Wee Booties-like minigun replacement that makes you slightly faster or gives you more health or shotgun shells or something, in exchange for not having a primary? That's something I'd totally be able to deal with.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #6810
    Leviticus 20:13
    Dennab
    June 2012
    2,101 Posts

The opposite always happens to me. I always bump into a soldier and instantly get 1shot while he suffers a mere 20-something damage despite having just shot a rocket at point-blank range.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

11. Post #6811
    仕方が無い
    April 2012
    4,224 Posts

Holy!...
    Skill
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

12. Post #6812
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    1,740 Posts
    The stock Revolver.

After using the Ambassador (which IS capable of bodyshotting classes to death if needed pretty well) for what seems like forever, the Revolver just feels really easy to aim with, and it always takes pyros off guard to go down without me even having to reload.

v more like the troll under the bridge, really
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

13. Post #6813
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,303 Posts
    I just love being a pyroshark in 2fort, with my neon annihilator
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #6814
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    14,989 Posts
    Righteous Bison. Especially when crit boosted.

Heavy/Medic annoying you? Shoot the Heavy, hit the Medic as well. The Heavy is unable to perform his duty as a meatshield. About three good shots through the two of them will kill the Medic, but the best part... It only takes one shot if it's a crit. Since each hit does 36-60 damage critical, and the beam hits 4 or 5 times (3 at the very least), the Medic's gone before he can do much about it.

I kritz Bison Soldiers all the time, and while I get crap for it, it's INSANELY effective in modes like CP and Payload. Pyros can't reflect it, each beam can hit several players for hundreds of damage... And people just don't expect it at all. In quite a few cases it's actually much better to do this than use rockets, like if there are good Pyros, or an Engineer who's really good with the Short Circuit. Blanket the objective in critical Bison beams, and there won't be much left standing if the Soldier's accurate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #6815
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,974 Posts
    I just love being a pyroshark in 2fort, with my neon annihilator
    this gives me a idea

has anybody ever made this for the pyro yet?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 6Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #6816
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,170 Posts
    this gives me a idea

Oh Jesus Christ, I remember how much I wanted that as a kid.
    I asked my mom for it and she said alright if I was good at the doctors office.
       She never bought it :c   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 16Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #6817

Spooky 💀 Member

July 2010
    2,172 Posts
    this gives me a idea

AND SHARKFIN FLIPPERS FOR TORPEDO POWER!
    Best line of the entire commercial. I wanted this so bad, mostly because we owned an in-ground pool and would swim nearly all summer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #6818
    December 2010
    1,514 Posts
    I just got perhaps my all time favorite stab.
    Rolling out left (water) on Sawmill in friendly Snoipah's clothing, targe demo sees me.
    So I stood still, sort of stupefied and he targes (or screens, I guess), move a quarter inch left, whip right and nail a kunai kill :-))
    This was after horrible sudden lag kept me from getting a corner on the same guy while I was burning at four health, it was set up perfectly, too :-(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

19. Post #6819
    仕方が無い
    April 2012
    4,224 Posts
    I played on 2fort and our team decided to cap the intel.
    I was playing Spy, killing Engies, Medics and the occasional Heavy.
    Humiliation occurs and I've followed this Medic into a corner where he turns away and does the "go go go" voice command.
    I couldn't bring myself to do it, and we both laugh taunted at each other for the rest of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

20. Post #6820
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    12,740 Posts
    Headshotting moving targets. Tough one, but it feels good.

And I just did another 'bomb defusal' scenario, where I successfully took down a Caber-wielding Demoman with a melee weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #6821
    that guy that wants to fuck the robot the most
    August 2009
    9,102 Posts
    I never play Sniper, he's my least played class. But surprisingly, I'm pretty good at Sniper, at least I think so. Out of the 35 kills I have so far on my Strange Rifle, 30 of them were headshots. Cool beans.

Also, I know this is kinda lame, but I like the Cozy Camper. Like the pistol, I can never ever hit anything with the SMG. Something about automatic firing weapons I can't aim worth a shit with.

22. Post #6822
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    8,472 Posts
    I never play Sniper, he's my least played class. But surprisingly, I'm pretty good at Sniper, at least I think so. Out of the 35 kills I have so far on my Strange Rifle, 30 of them were headshots. Cool beans.

Also, I know this is kinda lame, but I like the Cozy Camper. Like the pistol, I can never ever hit anything with the SMG. Something about automatic firing weapons I can't aim worth a shit with.
    It's all about knowing when to use them. It doesn't matter if your aim sucks ass, as long as you know you can kill your enemy with it with less than one clip, you should use it.

For instance, if you know your enemy only has 20-40 hp left, it's generally safer to just unload a clip on them, so you won't have to deal with screwing up your first shot and having to waste time reloading.

23. Post #6823
    March 2010
    3,765 Posts
    Headshotting moving targets. Tough one, but it feels good.
    When I headshot someone in the middle of a jump I feel like an MLG pro.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #6824
    Thaaaat's Whyt!
    January 2012
    1,610 Posts
    I jokingly use the awper hand. For some reason I do a shit ton better with it than the normal sniper

25. Post #6825
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    16,579 Posts
    I'd use the AWPer hand put every kill on it would be one not on a kill counter soo.......
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #6826
    Gold Member
    October 2011
    1,740 Posts
    I'd use the AWPer hand put every kill on it would be one not on a kill counter soo.......
    This is both a thing i love and thing I hate. I really like kill counters as I like tracking how many kills/reflects/whatever I have, but it means I can't make myself use non-strange reskins
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

27. Post #6827
    December 2010
    1,514 Posts
    I enjoy killing a spy just as he uncloaks from an obvious DR.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

28. Post #6828
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    8,228 Posts
    I just started playing Gas Jockey Pyro (minus the Attendant because apparently SPREADSHEET SAYS IT'S 2.33 REF SO THERE) and holy shit is it fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #6829
    July 2010
    1,023 Posts
    I just started playing Gas Jockey Pyro (minus the Attendant because apparently SPREADSHEET SAYS IT'S 2.33 REF SO THERE) and holy shit is it fun.
    Yeah, people don't realise but the powerjack is actually really really good. I use it more than the axtinguisher most of the time now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #6830
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    8,228 Posts
    Yeah, people don't realise but the powerjack is actually really really good. I use it more than the axtinguisher most of the time now.
    I mean, holy shit, I survived for so long that one match.
    I'd weaken someone, finish them off with the Powerjack, and undo any damage they did to me in the scuffle.
    It's like    puffsting   , except in exchange for getting +75 health after each melee kill, you have to wack them 2 or so more times than you would if you were using the Axetinguisher.
    And if you use the Attendant with it, you can move faster, but you need to put more finesse into your movements, due to the increased bullet damage.
    THE BALANCE. I KNOW IT AND IT IS GOOD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

31. Post #6831
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    3,303 Posts
    I just love the MvM bugs:

(No,its not my screenshot)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Spain Show Events Funny Funny x 8Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #6832
    June 2012
    819 Posts

That's how I play the direct hit when I've got a good ping
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

33. Post #6833
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    8,228 Posts
    *guy adds me*
    "Huh, I said on my trade only to add me if you want to sell your Attendant for 1.33 ref, looks like today's my rucky day."
    *accept*
    "Howdy, it looks like you'll get more use out of this than I will."
    *adds Attendant*
    *hits accept*
    "woah, dude, seriously?"
    "yep, enjoy :)"
       I gave him 1.33 ref anyway   
       It turned out to be uncraftable, I don't care, u/c Attendants are going for 2 ref and he deserved the metal for being awesome.   

Also, I love lucky airblasts.
    I'm cruisin' around at the speed of sound as a Gas Jockey when a Soldier (using the LL no less) and his Medic show up.
    I ignite, airblast, pop goes the Medic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 11 (list)

34. Post #6834
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    3,612 Posts
    *guy adds me*
    "Huh, I said on my trade only to add me if you want to sell your Attendant for 1.33 ref, looks like today's my rucky day."
    *accept*
    "Howdy, it looks like you'll get more use out of this than I will."
    *adds Attendant*
    *hits accept*
    "woah, dude, seriously?"
    "yep, enjoy :)"
       I gave him 1.33 ref anyway   
       It turned out to be uncraftable, I don't care, u/c Attendants are going for 2 ref and he deserved the metal for being awesome.   
    That was me
    I never use the thing anyway so I was gonna give you it for free. If you want the metal back just lemme know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 13 (list)

35. Post #6835
    August 2011
    447 Posts
    Looks like you really got the Degroot (Keep) Experience.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #6836
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    8,228 Posts
    That was me
    I never use the thing anyway so I was gonna give you it for free. If you want the metal back just lemme know.
    Keep it dude
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

37. Post #6837
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    6,956 Posts
    I see you're discussing the sniper rifle and the alternatives to stock.

The firing sound has a very big impact on my gameplay, the heatmaker doesn't make my hand twitch across the desk which is why it's the best for me.
    That and sleeper are great because I don't spaz out when I shoot.

Replacing the sniper rifle's sound is something I like a lot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #6838
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,487 Posts
    Looks like you really got the Degroot (Keep) Experience.
    This is exactly how people on the server reacted, I found it amusing as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

39. Post #6839
    July 2011
    3,108 Posts
    That was me
    DrCactus confirmed for bro

Well actually I already knew that considering this for my birthday

DrCactus confirmed for super bro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

40. Post #6840
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    8,140 Posts
    When people actually honor a fair fight.

I ran at a guy with my fists out, and he actually, despite having his flamethrower, swapped to his back scratcher.

He lost, but he died with honor. Damnit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 15Winner Winner x 2 (list)