1. Post #521
    dai

February 2006
    30,274 Posts
    I'm doing well on Goblin server but MIGHT roll out on a legacy server to follow some friends
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

2. Post #522
    sarcastic bastard
    October 2005
    5,708 Posts
    So we're no longer going with Adamantoise? I had a feeling this wasn't going to be that simple.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events

3. Post #523
    dai

February 2006
    30,274 Posts
    I've been on goblin with threat of following a friend since I started posting here. I don't speak for the forum's direction, and historically speaking FP guilds in MMO's aren't worth much more than a chatroom on most days, with a group dungeon run or 2+ players being on the same server at the same time being celebration worthy. If we could have linkshells cross-server (guild chat in GW2 does this, though the guild function is separated per-server so there's no shared benefit other than chat) that'd be perfect, but I doubt it'll work that way.

as for rolling new on a legacy server, I feel it'd be a bit relieving on the area stress. Even with early start and early beta4 access, it's going to be hell playing through low level areas, and a bit lacking getting up through the ranks. Sure the market is going to be wonky for a while, but I'm going to be in it for the main gameplay before I turn to playing the markets (which I suck at anyways).

On start of beta4, I'll be moving to Hyperion to join my IRL friends who have group obligations and can't move anywhere else. If anyone's coming along, that'd be great, but I'm likely not going to be up for an FP guild, opting into the group my friend is from since it's a dedicated hardcore lot. I'll set up the FP LS ASAP in case anyone else shows up

4. Post #524
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    11,880 Posts
    Would anyone mind explaining the service fees listed on http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/ ?

It's really confusing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

5. Post #525
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,347 Posts
    Monthly fee: $12.99 per month for a semi-annual payment.
    $13.99 per month for a 3 month payment.
    $14.99 per month for a monthly payment.
    All have 8 characters per server/40 throughout all servers.

Entry fee: $12.99 per month BUT you only get one character slot per server and only 8 across all servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #526
    December 2005
    1,274 Posts
    haven't seen it written officially, but did they swap the payment plan around or keep the "$12/month, plus $1 for each additional character" plan from XI?
    Last reply but it charges as follows $9.99 for service fee, then $3 for the character, so $12.99/mo initially, and each additional characters is $3 up for the $1 that was charged in FFXI. But considering how jobs work in FFXI/V one character is enough to enjoy everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #527
    How much time does the game come with?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events

8. Post #528
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,347 Posts
    How much time does the game come with?
    A month for purchasers of ARR or 2 weeks for vets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #529
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    8,695 Posts
    Q: Will houses be personal or shared?
    A: First it will be joint housing. A house of this size is going to require everyone to dish out some dough. It’s pretty expensive.

You can make furniture available to people of the same free company, or, if you want, you can set permission levels so all of your friends can use the furniture and what not. There are quite a few settings.

The reason why we’ve decided to establish them as free company bases first is because inside of the houses there is a new kind of system that involves parks and towers.

Parks would give a bonus to everyone in the free company, like an extra 25% to experience points earned. It could make crafting faster to level, or maybe give success bonuses for HQ crafting. It's a system that allows members to add things that will give boons to the entire free company. You’ll be able to increase the size of your house, and also your company can rank-up through free company points, allowing you to place more parks and towers around.

I’d first like to create a strong community within FFXIV. When new members join, you’ll be able to get more points, and we’d like to establish a system that encourages people to support new players coming into the game. Once the community has had time to come together we will then allow players to have their own private housing and branch out from there

Even for an MMO, I believe it’s nice to have a place to call home.
    If we all join the same server, we could start an FP Free Company and build a house. I would totally spend so much building a house and decorating it.

From what I've read, Free Company houses will be made first before personal houses or whatever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #530
    April 2011
    890 Posts
    What class you guys gonna play in ARR?

I am debating between Archer and Thaumaturge

11. Post #531
    SweFox.net - AdventureFox.net - ImgFox.se
    February 2008
    10,446 Posts
    I will sell my account, if anyone wants a CE account, PM me :).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

12. Post #532
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    8,695 Posts
    What class you guys gonna play in ARR?

I am debating between Archer and Thaumaturge
    Once I get White Mage to level 50, I'm going to go Paladin.

13. Post #533
    dai

February 2006
    30,274 Posts
    lack of beta is taking its toll on the beta forums

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

14. Post #534
    February 2008
    10,446 Posts
    I was being serious. The reason why I will not play the game anymore is because I will not be able to after Wildstar.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #535
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    8,695 Posts
    I kind of want to change my name.

Do you think name changes would be allowed once the game is released?

16. Post #536
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    144 Posts
    Was pretty excited for this game until I heard about the monthly subscription model they've opted for. Sort of a buzzkill in the wake of Guild Wars 2 and similar, really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #537
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,639 Posts
    I kind of want to change my name.

Do you think name changes would be allowed once the game is released?
    I seem to remember them saying legacy characters get a free rename, i might be wrong though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #538
    dai

February 2006
    30,274 Posts
    I was being serious. The reason why I will not play the game anymore is because I will not be able to after Wildstar.
    I may pick it off you if you can hold it for a few days. Fiancé is considering buying if she gets her job but is still wary of money at the moment

19. Post #539
    February 2008
    10,446 Posts
    I may pick it off you if you can hold it for a few days. Fiancé is considering buying if she gets her job but is still wary of money at the moment
    Yes of course.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Sweden Show Events

20. Post #540
    December 2005
    1,274 Posts
    Kind of sad the OP is completely out of date, really needs to be updated as well as possibly adding world lists of FP players and the world server they'll be on. I know its still over a month til launch but still could help locating members, but mostly I think updating the OP would be helpful to people looking at this game and seeing information that is for the most part wrong and outdated.

Besides that, beta forums have been exploding lately with more crazy demands and other threads than anytime since last fall. I'm really hyped for this game as I enjoyed the alpha and beta very much but as with most MMOs I guess we'll truly know how well FFXIV ARR did after the first month or two., but glad to see most of my FFXI linkshell is going to give it a chance!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #541
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    6,402 Posts
    I got into the previous stage of beta and enjoyed playing this. However, I won't buy this game when it comes out, because I refuse to pay monthly subscription to play a game. Which is why Guild Wars 2 is pretty much the only decent one out right now, others are f2p-pay-to-win-garbage.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #542
    dai

February 2006
    30,274 Posts
    I'll give it at least a month or two to get into the deeper stuff. As much as I love GW (pretty sure I have the most playtime of anyone in the FP group at ~1500 hours) it's really refreshing to have solid roles and a huge stack of abilities to manage.

I'm not sure how well PvP will work on this game's system though, it still feels very WoW like in how attacks rubberband and land despite a change in distance, even with the AoE circles you have to be out of their range for over a second for it to not hit. The only time the circles didn't seem to be uselessly overreaching was during the Ifrit fight, where the circles are so huge you have to run a straight line the instant they show in order to escape

23. Post #543
    December 2005
    1,274 Posts
    Ya they, not sure on the first major patch or whatever they're calling it, but they did say they have plans for new dungeons, and other things, supposedly its coming shortly after launch by 1~3 month time frame. As much as I disliked FFXIII, I am kinda excited for the cross over event. The gear and weapons look really amazing so I'm really excited about that. I also believe they said they would have cross over events with other FF titles past and present, would be nice to see some FFXI items come back and "reimagined" for FFXIV.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #544
    dai

February 2006
    30,274 Posts
    what is the official link to XI, anyways? Is this like centuries later when races have evolved a little, or is this just "we liked what we had but changed it up a little just to make it different"

25. Post #545
    December 2005
    1,274 Posts
    I don't believe there is any link, like most FF titles (Not including the ones with sequels), It has no link if FFXI, the only link would be that they reused the races from FFXI, but renamed them, because this is an entirely new world, much like every new FF title is an entirely new world, that takes core elements from the past games; spell names, primals, chocobos and the rest.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #546
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,724 Posts
    what is the official link to XI, anyways? Is this like centuries later when races have evolved a little, or is this just "we liked what we had but changed it up a little just to make it different"
    there's pretty much no link at all other than the similar races. entirely original story and universe. I think the only final fantasy that ever had some sort of universal link with another game (not counting direct sequels) is FFXII which takes place on Ivalice, the same world that FF Tactics and FF Tactics Advanced takes place.

Edited:

also arguably the best and most detailed world.

27. Post #547
    dai

February 2006
    30,274 Posts
    I loved tactics advanced so much

My gba got stolen shortly after getting tactics A2, which I believe is the first game I ever actually pre-ordered
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #548
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,724 Posts
    I loved tactics advanced so much

My gba got stolen shortly after getting tactics A2, which I believe is the first game I ever actually pre-ordered
    I couldn't even count he hours I wasted on FFTA and A2.

29. Post #549
    dai

February 2006
    30,274 Posts
    http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/501

devblog about ACN's carbuncle pet

actually it isn't a devblog at all but they unveiled these "approved screenshots" of Topaz Carbuncle (above and next) and Emerald Carbuncle (bottom)

30. Post #550
    December 2005
    1,274 Posts
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...807-25-2013%29

Letter from the Producer, XLVIII (07/25/2013)
    Hello again to all of you eagerly awaiting FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. With only a month left until release, the office is a bedlam of system schematics, game designs, and empty Red Bull cans. Even so, I couldn't go another minute without sending out my forty-eighth letter!

First, I'd like to thank everyone who participated in phase 3 of the beta test. Although character data had to be deleted at the end, players tested every nook and cranny of the game, providing us with a great deal of feedback. The development team and I can't thank you enough for all your help.

As we continue to address all the feedback from phase 3, we're squashing out a few final bugs, and making some last minute adjustments to the end game battles.

Completing the main scenario will get players to level 50, but the adventure doesn't end there. Being an online game, there'll be regular updates to continue the story. So even if you reach the level cap shortly after release, there's no reason to think you've hit the top. Considering all the plans we have for the game, you may want to get comfortable and prepare for a long stay in Eorzea.

Let me use the phase 3 Ifrit battle as an example. Although this battle is a level 20 encounter in the main story, after reaching level 50 you can take on a harder version. Anyone looking to earn weapons from the primals will have to overcome these higher level fights.

The various encounters we've created were designed with a hierarchy in mind, and as players progress through each tier, they'll naturally collect an optimal set of gear for that tier. All jobs were equipped with this optimal gear when we conducted our tests. We've calculated the maximum DPS for these battles down to the decimal, but it's up to you guys to show us what you're made of and reach for that level of precision.
    (We've used debug commands to monitor DPS during our tests, and the numbers are intense.)

Because these fights are so tough, it wasn't enough to play with just the battle team and myself. Thankfully, we managed to reel in a few dedicated gamers from the other departments to help with our testing. (Thank you so much guys!)

With that said, I think it's time for a long overdue dose of screenshots.

Titan—the indomitable mountain! You got a glimpse of him during the Crystal's Call trailer, but soon enough you'll have the chance to go toe to toe with this gargantuan fiend. You'll encounter him first during the main story in a four person battle, but in hard mode you'll need eight players to take him down. Just wait until you see the extreme mode battle we're working on.

I somehow managed to stay alive to take screenshots, but with all my running around, there was no time to actually try and defeat him. I was about to get serious, but then came the fist.

Before I knew it, I'd fallen out of the ring just like everyone else. We're all pretty serious gamers so it was a bit of a shock. Trying to keep straight faces, we couldn't help but laugh as he took us down one by one.

We even toned it down a bit because we thought the damage may be a little high. Or so I thought.

Translation:

(Anonymous A): Tumult damage was reduced by 15%.
    (Anonymous A): But I thought that'd make it too easy, so I also raised its ??? 20%.
    (Anonymous B): Hahahaha.
    (Producer Director): rofl
    (Anonymous A): That's all.
    Screenshot saved.
    (Producer Director): I've got to get this
    (Producer Director): in the next Letter from the Producer.

We'll be making adjustments to really push these fights to the brink. A perfectly timed level 3 limit break just might be the difference between victory and defeat

Here's another high level dungeon for four players. Naturally we've covered up a few things to prevent spoilers, but you guys seem to have a knack for figuring things out. This is sure to be another exciting life and death battle, and Demon Wall is only the mid-dungeon boss! Who or what could be waiting at the end?

I know players from Version 1.0 are curious about their relic weapons, and this picture may give you an idea of what's in store for that quest.
    (The quest name in parenthesis came from a debug command, so no need to decipher it.)
    We hope you'll enjoy the changes we've made in your quest to acquire the ultimate weapon.

As a gamer, I use a lot of different keyboard and gamepad setups at home, but all of our tests for FFXIV: ARR have been done using a standard gamepad. Checking how difficult it was to finish battles and how much DPS we could put out, we'll do final checks and double checks of everything once gamepad performance is where we want it.

Although we're making a product, it truly is a pleasure to be engrossed in this game all day. Final adjustments to the later battles are well underway, and soon everyone will be having as much fun as we are, and then some.

Thank you again to all the players around the world who took the time to test our game, and to the players from Version 1.0 who've supported us from the beginning. Release day is on the horizon, and we'll continue to give it our all to provide you with a great gaming experience.

I have to go for now, but I'll see you all soon in my eighth LIVE letter. Until next time!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #551
    December 2005
    1,274 Posts
    For some odd reason I can't edit my last post, but wanted to add that the beta forums are restless, I wanted to screencap the "Wall of Shame of terrible game ideas/features" but it looks like it was already locked and removed. It contained great ideas such as:
    More booty
    Package sliders for males
    Skateboards
    Jumping puzzles
    DRGs having wyvern pets
    Nude models
    Mod support like skyrim
    Bringing back features from FFXI that were purposely in place to block progress and soak up time (Genkais)

The list goes on but It was pretty funny, hopefully on the 8/8 live letter they'll announce Phase 4 starting then, or within a few days, wanting to get a head start since only legacy members and preorders get early access, time its kinda lame old non-legacy players don't get early access as well.

32. Post #552
    dai

February 2006
    30,274 Posts
    more summoner stuff - http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/510

and some advertisement art on elevators/escalators - http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/508

also the writer who keeps posting these is terrible at trying to tease

Okay, now for why you’re really here. The hottest scoops and the leakiest of leaks!
    First off, the thing you need to understand is th—Oh no... My “stealth” is wearing off… this isn’t good. I gotta get out of here!

/shutdown
    Bayohne
    they also announced the carbuncle screenshots like it was a huge update too, it's not enticing, just annoying. Also still no info on the

33. Post #553
    December 2005
    1,274 Posts
    more summoner stuff - http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/510

and some advertisement art on elevators/escalators - http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/post/508

also the writer who keeps posting these is terrible at trying to tease

they also announced the carbuncle screenshots like it was a huge update too, it's not enticing, just annoying. Also still no info on the

Something that has been buzzing around lately, is the supposed exp boost after one class hits 50.

"Yoshi-P stated this on a Japanese server (I believe Durandal), when he decided randomly to play the game. He started answering questions and he mentioned getting a level 50 class to cap will grant an EXP boost to your other classes.

This is also the post that confirmed that Phase 4 is one week. "

I'm not too good with Japanese, but apparently it was translated already. If this is true, it'll make leveling other classes and jobs much easier. In other rumor news, OB or Phase 4 is somewhat expected to start 8/9, its all rumor but it makes the most sense, given how many days are left to launch after the 8/8 live letter. Do a week long Phase 4, 3 days servers go down, then Early access for a week into launch.

34. Post #554
    dai

February 2006
    30,274 Posts
    only thing confirmed on the forums for now though is that we'll be getting the benchmark tool on the 1st, with a character creator (that you can save appearance import data from to use later)

35. Post #555
    December 2005
    1,274 Posts
    True, I'm still rather upset with how SE handled early access. I actually subbed for abit in FFXIV 1.0 to check out a few patches, but I think I was a month short of legacy, but kinda peeved that that original owners, don't get early access. It feels like out of all the things they've done right, they just kinda dropped the ball on that one. It kinda sucks to play for a week then have to wait for another one to pass until release, thinking of preordering on amazon during Phase 4 just for the early access code, then canceling once I get it.

36. Post #556
    dai

February 2006
    30,274 Posts
    The Character Creation benchmark is now available! Put your PC through the test and try out character creation at the same time. The character data you create can also be imported into the official game!

NA: http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_na
    EU: http://sqex.to/ffxiv_bench_eu
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

37. Post #557
    Made a character and ran it. Score of 8808/Extremely High on Max. Yay.

Have a picture of him.

38. Post #558
    sarcastic bastard
    October 2005
    5,708 Posts

Set to maximum, although I went and turned Occlusion Culling on because it seems stupid to have it turned off. Roll on, Phase 4!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

39. Post #559
    Certified Catgirl Maid
    January 2006
    8,695 Posts
    Can't even download the character creator.

2.6gb is way too much for me to download from my browser. Is there a torrent version anywhere?

40. Post #560
    dai

February 2006
    30,274 Posts
    Can't even download the character creator.

2.6gb is way too much for me to download from my browser. Is there a torrent version anywhere?
    wha?

have you tried a different browser? Chrome worked fine for me