1. Post #161
    May 2009
    623 Posts
    Why does the map contain just the Suburban houses ??
    Does anyone have the whole map ??
    Top of page 4 mate.

EDIT: Pageking FUCK.

2. Post #162
    November 2010
    856 Posts
    Top of page 4 mate.

EDIT: Pageking FUCK.
    Yeah I saw that but how does that help me ??

3. Post #163
    August 2012
    1,077 Posts
    It helps you by disabling the cordon and showing you the rest of the map. :V

4. Post #164
    November 2010
    856 Posts
    It helps you by disabling the cordon and showing you the rest of the map. :V
    Sorry for asking but , disabling what ?? ** Cordon **

5. Post #165
    August 2012
    1,077 Posts

Unclick the button on the left.

6. Post #166
    January 2012
    157 Posts
    When I put RP_EvoCity_v33x in the -map part of my Command Prompt for my server, it won't let me connect to the server. The .bsp is in the /maps/ directory and /gamemodes/perp/content/maps/ directory.

7. Post #167
    June 2007
    105 Posts
    I can't seem to edit or see anything thats outside of the grid zone i have turned boundries off. I can see all the map on 2d but no 3d view any ideas?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #168
    May 2009
    623 Posts
    When I put RP_EvoCity_v33x in the -map part of my Command Prompt for my server, it won't let me connect to the server. The .bsp is in the /maps/ directory and /gamemodes/perp/content/maps/ directory.
    Are you sure +r_hunkalloclightmaps 0 is enabled in your servers startup?

It doesn't need to be in the gamemodes folder at all AFAIK.

I can't seem to edit or see anything thats outside of the grid zone i have turned boundries off. I can see all the map on 2d but no 3d view any ideas?

<image>
    Move it all to the right? I'm not quite sure how you got that problem TBH.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #169
    June 2007
    105 Posts
    Compiling the map with changes just seems to give the origanal map?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    Problems are hidden solutions (c)
    November 2011
    1,456 Posts
    Compiling the map with changes just seems to give the origanal map?
    compile the map with gmod hammer, as far as i know Gmod has a larger grid. The reason why it gives you the original map, because it failed to compile, since the map is too big
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

11. Post #171
    May 2009
    623 Posts
    gmod hammer
    You'll have to explain this one to me, heh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #172
    I love liberals, they make me so fucking hard I just want to cum all over the place while fucking a pony.
    January 2008
    4,437 Posts
    Gmod hammer? First I've heard of it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #173
    June 2007
    105 Posts
    Gmod hammer? You mean hammer with gmod settings?

14. Post #174

March 2013
    1 Posts
    Random question... I'm looking at your .vmf and I couldn't help but notice that you have like 8700-something brushes. Did the brush limit get raised or something?

Also, you have a BP... For one of my maps I made some BP gas station props. If you want to use them, here you are:

http://www.lady-natalya.info/downloads/bp_models.zip

The pumps you have already are pretty good quality compared to mine but mine have BP insignia so it might be worth a look. 0_o Depends on what you're going for.

Mine was made to mimic the one on the right. Oh and the advertisement changes with each skin. Only 5 are provided, but there is a slot for a 6th if you wanna make your own custom ad.

Pack also has 2 BP circle logo things and some green trim pieces that go on the corners of their gas stations seen here:

Would it be alright if I used these in an upcoming project if I give you credit?

15. Post #175
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    7 Posts

Is there a way to fix this? The console said that these textures uses unknown shaders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #176
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,628 Posts

Is there a way to fix this? The console said that these textures uses unknown shaders.
    You need HL2:EP2.

17. Post #177

July 2012
    261 Posts
    @Sgt. Sgt.
    Do you really need ALL of the HL2:EP2 content?
    I don't think you do so I was thinking of just uploading the required materials, models and etc to FastDL so the players don't have to download every single thing. I just need to know what all are needed.

Also, there seems to be a problem with the elevator not opening once you close it.

18. Post #178
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    7 Posts
    You need HL2:EP2.
    I do have HL2:EP2.

19. Post #179
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    281 Posts
    I do have HL2:EP2.
    You need to mount it in Garry's Mod.

When you start the game, look in the bottom right for the Xbox Controller like button.

Click it, and then make sure that HL2:EP2 is checked. Remember that it needs to be installed/updated

20. Post #180

July 2012
    261 Posts
    How should I go about fixing the elevator glitch?

21. Post #181
    You're saying you like dos more than me, right?
    April 2011
    4,522 Posts
    anyone got a download link?

22. Post #182
    July 2012
    307 Posts
    Heres the download link Mike.
    http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=5622
    You can also get EvoCity2_v2p from here also
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    August 2009
    4 Posts
    I have Counter-Strike: Source, Half-Life 2 and Half-Life 2 Episode 1 & 2 installed and checked and it still get the error.
    Worked fine before the update may 8th.

24. Post #184
    January 2012
    135 Posts
    Gmod's acting weird like that when testing my purely ep2 map as well, I think it's screwed up, not a mounting problem.

25. Post #185
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,628 Posts
    @Sgt. Sgt.
    Do you really need ALL of the HL2:EP2 content?
    I don't think you do so I was thinking of just uploading the required materials, models and etc to FastDL so the players don't have to download every single thing. I just need to know what all are needed.

Also, there seems to be a problem with the elevator not opening once you close it.
    Yeah the elevator does that... umm never really had tested doing that before. If it does that and admin needs to open it either by noclipping and pressing one of the floors to get it to reset ,use a door ram to open the doors or ent_fire !picker open in console while staring at the door. I have never been good at elevators as they are finicky bitches and each system has flaws. This was the best I could find. Best bet is to not press the button. I have tried making an updated version of this map but unfortunately it now crashes so what you got is what you got.

Also on the subject of bugs, garrysmod isn't mounting ep2 and I don't know why. I will try to figure out why if I can. I did notice my episode 2 is having issues in itself. Like there is no voices for alyx or anyone for that matter. Says they are missing from disc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #186
    July 2012
    307 Posts
    Yeah the elevator does that... umm never really had tested doing that before. If it does that and admin needs to open it either by noclipping and pressing one of the floors to get it to reset ,use a door ram to open the doors or ent_fire !picker open in console while staring at the door. I have never been good at elevators as they are finicky bitches and each system has flaws. This was the best I could find. Best bet is to not press the button. I have tried making an updated version of this map but unfortunately it now crashes so what you got is what you got. Also on the subject of bugs, garrysmod isn't mounting ep2 and I don't know why. I will try to figure out why if I can. I did notice my episode 2 is having issues in itself. Like there is no voices for alyx or anyone for that matter. Says they are missing from disc.
    In EP2 properties. Let it convert the launch EP2, after that your EP2 content should mount.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,628 Posts
    In EP2 properties. Let it convert the launch EP2, after that your EP2 content should mount.
    Yeah I just saw that right after I posted. Easier said than done on my end. I do all my mapping out of ep2 so I have about 30 gigs of textures and models to move and my pc is slow as hell at it.

Seeing this thread and that people still use the map it has me thinking. I do have a much better version of this map I was working on until a sudden crash that I can't fix caused me to stop. I was thinking of fixing it by reverting to version without theater and releasing it if there is still interest in it. Here are some pictures of it. tell me what you think and if I should finish it.

The crash causer

Club 2 part a

club 2 part b

New motel

New industrial

Map also has a new jail, updated interiors to the big suburbs homes a renovated MTL complex.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

28. Post #188
    July 2012
    307 Posts
    Looks great! I also see you removed the white skybox thing. I hate having to noclip everytime to the skybox and color it invisible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,628 Posts
    Looks great! I also see you removed the white skybox thing. I hate having to noclip everytime to the skybox and color it invisible
    It's still there I just turned it off with ent_fire.

30. Post #190
    July 2007
    251 Posts
    @ Sgt.Sgt
    Are you able to make the wooden door frames actually have physical properties? If so you should really fix that and looks pretty decent, hope you finish the map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Mapping King Mapping King x 1 (list)

31. Post #191
    July 2012
    307 Posts
    It's still there I just turned it off with ent_fire.
    Ah I see. I do have a request for the map. In the suburbs with the three big houses, the one on the far left from the entrance. Can you add a env_cubemap on the driveway and in the garage? Whenever I park a car there or in the garage I get the cubemaps from the living room and it looks weird

32. Post #192

March 2013
    581 Posts
    It would suck if you end up not being able to use that theatre, it looks so good! As for suggestions, maybe some more foliage around the map (trees, hedges, plants... etc), extra fences (maybe around car dealer?), more furnishing in places like the bank and the main building lobby in the inner city, a subway, something in the big empty grassland beside the Suburbs houses, bus stops, public toilets, maybe cub foods in the building across from the parking garage in the city.... Etc I could honestly keep going but they're just some ideas that would be awesome. Btw, I'm suggesting these towards the evocity v33 map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,628 Posts
    Ah I see. I do have a request for the map. In the suburbs with the three big houses, the one on the far left from the entrance. Can you add a env_cubemap on the driveway and in the garage? Whenever I park a car there or in the garage I get the cubemaps from the living room and it looks weird
    Yeah I can do that.

It would suck if you end up not being able to use that theatre, it looks so good! As for suggestions, maybe some more foliage around the map (trees, hedges, plants... etc), extra fences (maybe around car dealer?), more furnishing in places like the bank and the main building lobby in the inner city, a subway, something in the big empty grassland beside the Suburbs houses, bus stops, public toilets, maybe cub foods in the building across from the parking garage in the city.... Etc I could honestly keep going but they're just some ideas that would be awesome. Btw, I'm suggesting these towards the evocity v33 map.
    Theater is pretty much fucked. It has something to do with me being on the very razor edge of the limits. Like I'm talking 99.99%. The game doesn't like being that close and does all kinds of weird things so i have to cut it unfortunately.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

34. Post #194
    May 2009
    623 Posts
    You know what, I'm just going to say this now rather than later.

Roughly 2 and a half years ago (yeah, don't comment on the time, heh), I started an edit of this map. I can't recall the thread back from Exiled Servers because the site's down, but I kind of want to put this out there as Sgt.Sgt is back editing it so yeah.

Sounds like a load of bullshit, and I can understand, but I planned to release it this summer after all my exams are over. Here, I'll even post some screenshots of my work when I get on to my main computer. I was even able to lower the limits by quite a fair amount as well.

I guess what I'm asking for is 2 things really, which is somewhat of forgiveness, as I pretty much "stole" some of Sgt.Sgt's work/designs and shoved them in my map, and to at least give me a chance to release it (you're doing your own version). I'm not a great mapper, but I could at least try do something right with my mapping, to which extent I never released anything because it was crap and unimaginative.

Needless to say, full credit will be given to Sgt.Sgt when I (hopefully) release it. I don't feel like I deserve any credit. I kept quite a few people on hold and I feel like an asshole. I even feel dumb typing this now but whatever. Like I said, I'll try post some screenshots when I can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,628 Posts
    You know what, I'm just going to say this now rather than later.

Roughly 2 and a half years ago (yeah, don't comment on the time, heh), I started an edit of this map. I can't recall the thread back from Exiled Servers because the site's down, but I kind of want to put this out there as Sgt.Sgt is back editing it so yeah.

Sounds like a load of bullshit, and I can understand, but I planned to release it this summer after all my exams are over. Here, I'll even post some screenshots of my work when I get on to my main computer. I was even able to lower the limits by quite a fair amount as well.

I guess what I'm asking for is 2 things really, which is somewhat of forgiveness, as I pretty much "stole" some of Sgt.Sgt's work/designs and shoved them in my map, and to at least give me a chance to release it (you're doing your own version). I'm not a great mapper, but I could at least try do something right with my mapping, to which extent I never released anything because it was crap and unimaginative.

Needless to say, full credit will be given to Sgt.Sgt when I (hopefully) release it. I don't feel like I deserve any credit. I kept quite a few people on hold and I feel like an asshole. I even feel dumb typing this now but whatever. Like I said, I'll try post some screenshots when I can.
    I'm fine with people using the stuff in this particular map as long as they credit me. Just remember it is much more rewarding to build everything yourself. The only way to get better at mapping is to keep doing it. If you copy and paste you stagnate and never get any better. Also most people can tell because the surrounding areas don't really flow with the structures. Either way I don't mind if you release it or anything. Post pics when you can though. :)

36. Post #196
    May 2009
    623 Posts
    I'm happy you approve. :)

Here's some pics:

I'm so sorry. :(

Everything's still a WIP though so I'm constantly tweaking lighting as much as I can (when I'm actually working on it). You can see where I nicked your ideas because I'm a prick like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #197
    July 2007
    251 Posts
    The hotel and pool are exactly alike lol.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,628 Posts
    I'm happy you approve. :)

Here's some pics:

Everything's still a WIP though so I'm constantly tweaking lighting as much as I can (when I'm actually working on it). You can see where I nicked your ideas because I'm a prick like that.

Cool, yeah I see a lot of similarities. Even with my changes to MTL. Not really hard to recreate that one though. However they aren't the same. I will tell you though that the hospital and cub are way off in the sense I have never seen structures that look like that with those names/uses. If you want to improve, look for a real grocery store and recreate its design. Same thing with the hospital. That is rather small for a hospital so what you want to do is make it either a tall building or rebrand it as say an urgent care facility. Add some variation to the roof lines as flat box structures aren't fun to even look at.

One of my favorite things to do when I map is remake real structures or design ones that look realistic to what they are supposed to be. It is something you should look into if you want to improve. Like my theater for example. It's based on a real movie theater I grew up near that has been closed since I think 1999. It was called the terrace theater. It had an interesting design which I tried to incorporate along with simplifying it for the map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

39. Post #199
    May 2009
    623 Posts
    Appreciate the CC. I'll put it on my todo list for when I get back to it.

Currently working on another building at the moment, so I'll need to get that done first.

40. Post #200
    December 2012
    8 Posts
    Hey Sickness when do you think this map will be released to Gmod workshop?I saw the pictures and they are beautiful