1. Post #44241
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,025 Posts
    some teams have been recieving two UGC medals.

although i wouldn't be surprised, seems like the same issue repeats every time an item is distributed manually, i remember people getting two lo-fi helmets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Chile Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

2. Post #44242
    not affiliated with Sega™
    July 2010
    2,599 Posts
    I emailed Eric a month ago about the equip region of the Extra Layer and I still haven't gotten an answer.
    Should I contact him again?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #44243
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    2,505 Posts
    tf is under source 2 folder at valve via recent leaks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Turkey Show Events Informative x 57Optimistic x 3Dumb x 2Winner x 2Friendly x 2Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #44244
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    3,545 Posts
    I see something else that catches my attention a bit more. Still that is great.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

5. Post #44245
    INFERIOR CROCODILE ALLIGATOR
    January 2010
    1,854 Posts
    I think people are probably more attracted to HL3 and L4D3, but if Valve does a huge engine overhaul update for TF2 to help it not be the mess it is now, I might just cry
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 43Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #44246
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,103 Posts
    And for those who keep saying Source2 ain't a thing:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=758999
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Winner Winner x 35Agree Agree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

7. Post #44247
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,328 Posts
    If TF2 is really updated to Source 2 that would be awesome.

However, like I said in the Valve thread, i'm remaining skeptical about this announcement until official word comes out.

Doesn't mean i cant be excited at the prospect of it being true though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

8. Post #44248
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,974 Posts

Oh man, that does look quite nice.

It still has that... "I don't know what" that the Source Engine does though. How everything looks very slightly cartoony even if it's supposed to be going for realistic? It's kinda hard to put in to words.

Naturally that wouldn't be a problem for TF2 though if they actually ported it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #44249
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,103 Posts
    Naturally that wouldn't be a problem for TF2 though if they actually ported it.
    As nice as a TF2 port would be how much can real be done given TF2's art style? Beyond better textures and possible new optimizations I mean. It's not like L4D/Portal/HL where you have buttloads of nice models and set pieces doing the legwork for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

10. Post #44250
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    1,289 Posts
    Why does this increase by 100 every time I refresh the page? O_O

Also, anyone got any pitch for when the update of the strongboxes will be?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

11. Post #44251
    Gold Member
    September 2012
    4,712 Posts
    why are there nearly 600 guests

what is happening
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

12. Post #44252
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    443 Posts

Steamdb tweeted it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

13. Post #44253
    June 2006
    3,421 Posts
    I just had a hyper optimistic thought. What if CS2 becomes CS:Go Premium and current CS:Go becomes CS:Go F2P?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Greece Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #44254
    December 2013
    106 Posts
    The neojafs linked to us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #44255
    July 2011
    19 Posts

The thread got linked in neogaf.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #44256
    Raffle Rigger
    November 2010
    17,062 Posts
    As nice as a TF2 port would be how much can real be done given TF2's art style? Beyond better textures and possible new optimizations I mean. It's not like L4D/Portal/HL where you have buttloads of nice models and set pieces doing the legwork for you.
    They'd also have the problem of being hamstrung to maintain support for the specs that the game launched with. Hardware has moved a long ways in 7 years but some people still run the game with hardware that still scrapes by the recommended specs, if they were raised it'd render the game unplayable for them.

Yes I'm aware that 7 years is more than enough time to get better hardware but some people simply aren't financially capable.

17. Post #44257
    Gold Member
    September 2011
    443 Posts
    They should have dropped dx8 already.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

18. Post #44258
    July 2006
    1,642 Posts
    This thread will go into the history.

Hello world!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Denmark Show Events Dumb x 29Funny x 3Optimistic x 2Agree x 1Disagree x 1Late x 1 (list)

19. Post #44259
    September 2010
    1,113 Posts
    Here's my ignorant-person question: If they updated textures and the like, would that mean that all of the community-modeled content would also have to be updated as well? And would that even be an achievable task? Would it be up to the original creators or would Valve do that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #44260
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    9,025 Posts
    A better, new Source engine and TF2 running on it is all i need in my book.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

21. Post #44261
    October 2013
    233 Posts
    Over 1000 guests.

hi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 14Funny Funny x 8Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #44262
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,974 Posts
    Higher resolution textures, higher poly models, and better optimization seem like good enough reasons to me.

It could also pave the way for some new kinds of cosmetic items with cloth physics or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #44263
    October 2011
    470 Posts
    I could see some sort of announcement at GDC if this is true.

24. Post #44264
    March 2013
    7,075 Posts
    That explains why FP is lagging so much.
    Get out guests, men are speculating here!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 18Funny Funny x 3Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #44265
    I'm a very kind and awesome person!
    June 2010
    11,311 Posts
    Great work, now Facepunch is slow as fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 11Winner Winner x 1 (list)

26. Post #44266
    November 2010
    380 Posts
    Higher resolution textures, higher poly models, and better optimization seem like good enough reasons to me.

It could also pave the way for some new kinds of cosmetic items with cloth physics or something.
    Please yes. At the rate new cosmetics get added, it's really hard for my nearly-ten-years-old computer to keep running the game at a decent speed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

27. Post #44267
    Hello Handsome
    February 2010
    14,791 Posts
    Why are there over 2k people in this thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

28. Post #44268
    October 2013
    233 Posts
    scroll up
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

29. Post #44269
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,103 Posts
    Here's my ignorant-person question: If they updated textures and the like, would that mean that all of the community-modeled content would also have to be updated as well? And would that even be an achievable task? Would it be up to the original creators or would Valve do that?
    Correct me if I am wrong but IIRC Valve owns the rights to the weapons/hats it buys so they could do it themselves rather than relying on the community member.
    Why are there over 2k people in this thread
    Blame NeoGAF for this one http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...&postcount=513
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #44270
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    7,373 Posts
    hot damn, so many guests
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

31. Post #44271
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    3,138 Posts
    Is this why the forum is being as slow as molasses tonight?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #44272
    January 2014
    2,537 Posts
    Blame NeoGAF, they linked this thread, and it attracted a high amount of guests
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Chile Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

33. Post #44273
    August 2013
    9,714 Posts
    Most of TF2's charm comes from its lighting and cell shading. You'd be suprised, lots of TF2 textures are literally just a solid color with some noise added. If they could optimise room for bigger textures, the game could look pretty different. Of course the game is fine as it is, the only reason i see it being ported would be: Lighting Improvement, Small Texture fixes, Bug Fixes

whereas other valve ips have room for fully reworked textures, buffier models, etc
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #44274
    SK17a
    October 2010
    20,968 Posts
    Yes, this is exactly why FP was kinda down
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

35. Post #44275
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    21,610 Posts
    I'm going to take a guess that the HL3 folder is just filled with pictures of Gabe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 22Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 3 (list)

36. Post #44276
    Gold Member
    July 2012
    9,090 Posts
    And here I thought we got an update because of all the guests.

Hmph.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17 (list)

37. Post #44277
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    24,003 Posts
    whatever is in these crates will be disappointing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Agree x 14Disagree x 1Late x 1Optimistic x 1Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #44278
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,307 Posts

"Redesigned tools and workflow"

Did they finally ditch / improve Hammer? As far as I know, Source SDK is still broken out of the box.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 16Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #44279
    wtc
    October 2012
    208 Posts
    I want this as much as anyone but I can't help but feel bad for Valve for always having their surprises spoiled. I would rather have seen this via Valve pressrelease.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #44280
    July 2013
    4,870 Posts
    Well, with an optimized engine, they could:

-give more bodygroups
    -improve hit registration
    -improve melee combat
    -have real-time, optional, easily-visible outlines to emphasize the comic-like nature of the game
    -improve water reflection quality
    -improve solid reflections
    -improve/increase particle effects

Not saying they will, but these could be possible while keeping the art style the same.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)