Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Tutorial

- Basic Guidelines -

Yo relax, this is just keeping this subforum in check. New: Some non-source mapping is fine, even down to discussing mapping/architectural concepts with or without software. Have in mind this place is primary for Source mapping. Just thought...

16th September 2014
by Craptasket Go to last post
1 10,593
Map

The Official Facepunch Mapping WiP Thread v17: Carve Edition ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last )

Post your works in progress, get cool ratings! RULES: MAX 3 IMAGES PER QUOTE! IF YOU'RE USING A 1920X1080+ RESOLUTION USE TAGS SO YOU DONT BREAK EVERYONES COMPUTER WIP's ideally should be compiled! Discussion of WIPs is allowed, and encouraged....

13 Minutes Ago
by gnampf Go to last post
331 27,079
Help

Map failing to Run

For some reason Hammer is failing to compile my map in it's entirety. Some things not being added like lights and stuff. (Yes, it is a version of EvoCity...

2 Hours Ago
by SatoshiAaron Go to last post
6 104
Help

Mapping Question Megathread v5 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 85 86 87 88 Last )

Going to be editing this OP. If you have any mapping-related problems, use this thread to ask them, rather than creating a whole new thread. This is not the place for requests. If you want to request a map to be found/made, create a new thread. Do not...

2 Hours Ago
by ROBOT EVAN Go to last post
3,486 134,318
Map

rp_lyolux ( 2 3 4 Last )

Hello there everyone I would just like to showcase my roleplaying map rp_lyolux. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=612117232 <---------- Link for map is right here! This map here includes the following: * Houses * Stores *...

lyosea Thread has images 1 people are reading this thread x 1
2 Hours Ago
by gnampf Go to last post
141 6,095
Release

rp_REbangclaw (v1, v2d_lite, v2d)

Hi! I would like you to show off your work and that you appreciated / help my first work on hammer: rp_REbangclaw_v1 Very small edit, new mini-area, edit police and mayor structure, in fact, this is the usual bangclaw Workshop:...

4 Hours Ago
by Jlx7 Go to last post
28 2,771
Map

Map taking almost a day to compile.

I am working on a update to this map I am working on, "rp_lyolux" and the compile time just seems to take way too long. It took me 18 hours the one day before I just closed the compile process. I have tried to optimize my map back to front with hints and...

15 Hours Ago
by lyosea Go to last post
13 289
Map

Gm_Edventures [Release]

Embark on a new Edventure with the new update to the original Ed Edd n' Eddy! Overview The map is now over three times the size of the original and features a range of locations from the series, including: Cul de sac The lane Playground

Flossy Thread has images 1 people are reading this thread x 1
17 Hours Ago
by TheHeroBilly Go to last post
6 1,549
Map

quick mapping question.

lets start with this-i was taught how to map, by a guy who has worked with source for 15 years. i know what im doing (for the most part) also real quick that description of the mapping section no we dont know how to make water brought a smile to my...

18 Hours Ago
by darpeyface Go to last post
4 98
Hobbies

Orange the New Black Lichfield Map! Work in progress!

Hi! I'm working on the making the set for oitnb in garry's mod! So far the Ghetto Dorms and Ghetto bathroom is in the game.. It's going to be a long time before release but I thought i'd introduce the community to my project! 25th August 2016 ...

22 Hours Ago
by Framperton Go to last post
3 261
TV

Facepunch Mapper's/Modder's Google Hangout v1 ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last )

Gonna update this thread on every time there's a hangout in progress. Of course it's not strictly just for mapping so modellers and other modders are welcome alike. Current one:...

23 Hours Ago
by EddieLTU Go to last post
349 16,713
Question

Roll Up Door model - how to get it to work?

How do I get the roll-up_door_full.mdl to change models so it can open up for survivors?

23 Hours Ago
by Framperton Go to last post
2 215
Help

I need a map creator

Hello I need a good detailed map creator that could add some stuff into a map for darkrp, In the map I would like you (whomever the map creator may be) to add a forest area, a savanna area, a beach<-- Idea from another creator and lastly the asbestos mine...

ggmg42 1 people are reading this thread x 1
1 Day Ago
by ggmg42 Go to last post
2 149
Question

GMod Tower - Lobby 2 mirror?

Ever since GMOD tower closed down, all the downloads related to it died aswell. Does anyone have a mirror to this really pretty map?

1 Day Ago
by Ryu-Gi Go to last post
8 622
Help

How do I configure hammer for gmod

I have previously used hammer sdk with gmod but since have forgotten how to get it to work I don't own css or half life Is there any easy way to go about this, many or most tutorials are outdated on youtube *I have reinstalled all my gmod and...

1 Day Ago
by bloodmasked Go to last post
2 86
Help

Good Industrial Sound Effects?

As title says, looking for some good industrial sounds. Machinery, alarms, klaxons. Everything.

1 Day Ago
by Ryu-Gi Go to last post
4 259
Question

Why does this gametext keep flickering and not holding?

Hello. I am making an adventure map for Garry's Mod. I have made 4 game_texts in the map. They are set to hold text for 4 seconds. Here are the game_text settings. And here is what runs the texts. (You walk in the house and it activates texts like...

2 Days Ago
by Moltard Go to last post
3 183
Work In Progress

why arent there more f-zero tracks?

during the development of my new map, i implemented a racetrack. but not your normal crappy scar user approved racetrack, i had a go at an f-zero style track. and ya know what? it is freaking so much fun im surprised how well it works out. the...

2 Days Ago
by Vincentor Go to last post
3 283
Map

Fence effect becomes error on compile

So I made a fence by the beach/lake I made, but when I compiled the map it became an error, the model is models/props/de_tides/tides_fences_b.mdl and the entity is called prop_detail. I am using the CSS hammer aswell.

3 Days Ago
by Beefdroid Go to last post
2 173
Help

How do I generate a NAV file?

Im running a custom map at the moment and when running nav_generate command on the server it makes the nav, and reloads the server. But the nav file doesnt appear in le files and it cannot find a nav file for the map. Why is this?

3 Days Ago
3 206
Help

Where would the best place to learn Hammer be?

I've recently started getting into mapping with hammer, and at the moment I've been using the valve wiki to find out how to map, are there any other tutorials that will be better? Can you guys tell me how you learnt hammer? Thank you!

3 Days Ago
by Knifey Go to last post
6 387
Shitpost

Any semi new RP maps?

Specifically rp_downtown_v4_exl or any modified version of it. I like the layout and the suburbs but can't find any newer versions

3 Days Ago
by lyosea Go to last post
10 848
Help

curved arch?

i would like to make a half pipe moving along the side the outside of this curve how would i do this? thanks

3 Days Ago
2 180
Post Your

need lodging design ideas for futuristic metropolis themed map

the map im working on is a futuristic city. so all metal and concrete, gloomy colours only broken my the metal wasp stripe hazard texture here and there. i have made a few houses but deleted them because i didnt find them fitting. does anybody have any...

3 Days Ago
by Marcolade Go to last post
10 603
Request

Looking for a Volunteer Mapper For a Half Life 2 Deathmatch Project

First of all, apologize for broken English and i know this could be (maybe) one millionth request you've seen in this forum. But i wanna try my luck. Also, i'm not really sure if it's a "HELP" post or a "request" one, so sorry if i put wrong post icon to...

4 Days Ago
by Baycosinus Go to last post
2 248
Question

What makes a good level editor?

I've recently started working on a small level editor for my game engine, and I'd like to collect some ideas before I proceed any further. Here's the current state: It's an ingame-editor written in Lua (Allows for easy modification), but just an...

4 Days Ago
by Silverlan Go to last post
14 874
Map

Model won't appear in-game and in hammer

Compile message: Setting CBaseEntity to non-brush model models/props_c17/door02_double.mdl Though I'm pretty sure I added the model's textures before in its right folder but still didn't work nor appear.

4 Days Ago
by Humam Go to last post
4 259
Request

Average Cost for High Quality Mapper.

To Clarify. I am not as of right now, searching for a mapper to perform some sort of godly work, and I myself do not use SDK Hammer, and the other tools that a mapper may use. I lack the creativity, and general skill that a mapper would use, and haven't...

4 Days Ago
by Clientside Go to last post
6 377
Photos

gm_cityrail W.I.P. ( 2 3 4 5 .. 23 24 25 26 Last )

Cityrail is a modern train-build map started by oskutin who then lost interest so I continued it. But at the moment it's more of a two-person project so both of us contribute. It takes place in south Finland, containing hopefully several kilometres of...

WebOfTrust Thread has images 1 people are reading this thread x 1 Mapping King x 173
4 Days Ago
by Kickin Balls Go to last post
1,033 72,148
Help

GMOD: I need a mapmaker for my garry's mod server.

I need a person who can make maps and or edit maps. I can pay you a price you cant turn down. Contact me on steam or here for more details. http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198176948746/ (SWRP Maps)

4 Days Ago
by Adguy Go to last post
4 319
Map

RP Rockford VMF Release ( 2 3 Last )

v2a now available. After being released for awhile now and being used on over 180 servers (currently 185 as per this post and recorded on gametracker) I have decided to release the VMF of the map so people could learn from it and attempt to make edits...

Statua Thread has images 2 people are reading this thread x 2
4 Days Ago
by kpjVideo Go to last post
89 16,111
Request

REQUEST : NeoTokyo HDR Map (Disengage)

I'm in the middle of making something in Source Filmmaker. I want to use the map nt_disengage_ctg from NeoTokyo for it. Sadly, like all NeoTokyo maps, it does not have HDR lighting enabled (High Dynamic Range). I tried decompiling it myself and...

5 Days Ago
by benoski Go to last post
0 214
Question

LEFT 4 DEAD: Can you create breakable walls that L4D zombies can break if it's positioned face down?

I was wondering if Left 4 Dead zombies have the capability of breaking through walls if it's positioned face down? A lot of the walls on my map have slopes or uneven surfaces so I'm trying to create alternative entrances that zombies can break through.

5 Days Ago
by GoldenCumfart Go to last post
5 477
Map

SE1_DECALS

I've been trying to know what game this folder is from. Would appreciate if anyone could tell me where this folder is at.

6 Days Ago
by Humam Go to last post
2 232
Work In Progress

[WIP] rp_rapture_kashmir

Hi, I'm sorry for my bad english but i'm french.. I'll show you a map under development, as you will surely understand all rapture takes place. It will be a deathmatch map, after this short presentation will follow the images, so you have an...

6 Days Ago
by Portugalotaku Go to last post
10 1,417
Question

Creating a Glowing orb of light

I'm trying to create a glowing orb of light inside a dark room and I thought I'd ask if env_sun works as glowing orb especially if it's inside a building?

6 Days Ago
by Richard Simmons Go to last post
1 210
Map

Need help finding a map

The map from this MrSark Prop Hunt video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7igp_QwyJow I've spent weeks looking all over garrysmod.org, searching Google, looked on the Gmod workshop on Steam, and asked countless friends and fellow players, in addition...

6 Days Ago
by kevinmd88 Go to last post
3 322
Lua

Get Hammer Entity properties with lua

I tried for quite a while and also checked the wiki aswell as searching the forums but i had no luck so far. In Hammer i created an entity called "garage_panel" and i gave it a property called "Target" with the value "garage_door_1". Iin lua i need...

6 Days Ago
by Brookelyn Go to last post
2 224
Help

MAX_CHANNELS issue

Hi, I've found a problem with a map (rp_sectorc_beta) that wasn't here before. Indeed the map have lot of problems with sounds, for example when you open the door it doesn't make any sounds, some loop sounds doesn't occur, some event sounds doesn't play....

6 Days Ago
by annilator3000 Go to last post
6 342
Map

Chunks of map dissapearing

So I decompiled the map called rp_downtown_v4c_v4_sewers from the workshop and added this beach to it: When I ran the map many textures were gone/glitched and huge chunks of the entire map was just gone out of nowhere, what is causing this? The...

1 Week Ago
14 276
Beta

[CSGO] AR_Picnic (beta)

a arena rats map of a picnic. This map will be improved in the next iteration based on player feedback. I hope to playtest on a few servers so if it get's hosted, let me know!

1 Week Ago
by VaSTinY Go to last post
4 430
Help

Immense lag.

I've been working on large maps for many games such as Team Fortress 2. But most of the time when the base of my map is finished ( Simple geometry , a lot of dev textures ) Hammer starts to freeze and crash alot making it very hard to work. I have...

1 Week Ago
by 1 Duck Go to last post
5 277
Help

Experiencing unusual compile time

I'm somewhat new to mapping so bear with me. When I am compiling my map I usually have to wait 1-2mins for it to compile and then load the map I have gone through the compile log and I have no clue as to what is causing this ...

1 Week Ago
by AGoose Go to last post
8 333
Help

Particles help

I tried adding a custom particle I made to one of my maps - for the first time might I add - and it renders very strangely. It only appears every now and then as well as being a lot bigger than I had expected even after scaling it down in the particle...

1 Week Ago
by Joshpai Go to last post
0 183
Map

Exite Portal Challenge remake

If you played Gmod 9.0.4 or Exite in 2006/2007, you'll surely know what this is. This map is a complete port of gm_portal_challenge, a map that was designed to emulate Portal well, before Portal. This map was filled with many unique chambers that are...

1 Week Ago
by efflucas Go to last post
3 712
Request

Map request - Beach/island

Hi, if anyone knows of maps similar to these pictures please could you share them? I know this might a a big thing to ask but if you know of any, please share! Thank you :D This is Barry Island in Wales, UK Here's another part of it! Thanks...

1 Week Ago
by ItsBlazertron Go to last post
2 323
Help

logic timer use

Hi Guys; i wish edit logic_timer without hammer or any editors. i tried bspsource but lighting bugs and many bugs visible in my map. pls give anythink Note : CS : GO

1 Week Ago
by knife672 Go to last post
8 305
Map

error map

I tried to make a map to source filmmaker but I am getting this error: ** Executing... ** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Source SDK Base 2013 Singleplayer\bin\vbsp.exe" ** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files...

1 Week Ago
by dib91 Go to last post
8 419
Work In Progress

EvoCity 3 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 11 12 13 14 Last )

The map that never dies is back. I have finally entered full production on EvoCity 3. This map has been in the works for some time. Now I finally have the plan together to really get started with construction. This new map will be more detailed and...

Sgt.Sgt Thread has images 1 people are reading this thread x 1 Mapping King x 178
1 Week Ago
by Joey1 Go to last post
537 83,230
Help

How To Edit BSP Files Without Hammer Editor?

How To Edit BSP Files Without Hammer Editor? 15th August 2016 someone reply it? 15th August 2016 pff :(

1 Week Ago
4 324
Help

VBSP not building .bsp file

vbsp log is as such. ** Executing... ** Command: "c:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\sourcesdk\bin\ep1\bin\vbsp.exe" ** Parameters: -game "c:\Program Files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\neotokyo\mapping" "c:\program files...

1 Week Ago
by taz0 Go to last post
4 376
Question

How do I compile my map WITH custom sounds and materials?

Hello. I'm sorry I'm asking alot of questions, I'm new to Hammer and have learned lots but haven't gotten around to this.. So for example, when people do this for their maps, they have their custom sound folder and materials folder. I try doing the...

1 Week Ago
5 473
Help

Making a cinema in an RP map.

Hey. So i was trying to build a cinema in a RP map. Everything goes great and the whole cinema is done. But when i try to flash my flash light on it, it wont reflect any light at all. Not even the projector for my cinema addon.

1 Week Ago
13 750
Map
1 Week Ago
3 329
Map

How do I cut this edge?

Im trying to cut this edge off on the sidewalk, how do I do this?

1 Week Ago
by OfficerLamarr Go to last post
6 367
Question

queries about optimization

first one, func_detail. what is the most efficient way to use this? so far i have been making entire buildings 1 big func_detail (except doors and other entities) thinking it is easier on rendering. or am i completely wrong about that? second, area...

1 Week Ago
3 571
Games

Cold Village

Hello everyone! After a while the launch of my map on garrys mod workshop , I want to do an update and want ideas on what I should add to it to get even better :) My map: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=732692331

2 Weeks Ago
by Lemint Go to last post
6 649
Question

Possible for a map to crash if its not on a certain IP/server?

Is it possible for a map to crash if its not on a certain IP/server? Looking to protect custom maps.

2 Weeks Ago
16 576
Tutorial

Smooth curved and sloped roads using displacements

Here's a quick guide on how to create smoothly curving roads using displacements. In my experience, this method is much faster and easier than working with traditional brush-based roads. Additionally, it reduces the number of texture seams and it's a bit...

03C0 Thread has images Mapping King x 109
2 Weeks Ago
by Knifey Go to last post
38 7,476
Help

Disappearing Brushes

I recently tried my hand at making a map. The following happened: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4g91un1NhvA (Take note that walls that fail to be drawn in the 3d view also disappear from 2d views. Please forgive the atrocious video quality.) ...

2 Weeks Ago
by Csp499 Go to last post
2 366
Help

Odd lighting errors

I've been getting random light sources appear in my map, I notice that they are the same colour as the environment light so it's possible that for some reason brushes are not blocking light correctly? My map is very large and has almost filled the brush...

2 Weeks Ago
by Jonwfw Go to last post
2 309
Help

Map Compile Error

On map compile bsp throws a qhull precision error, the map does load in game but rad takes the map as stale and wont compile it. I am using O3C0s func_detail_blocker modified VBSP and the map compiles normally using the garrysmod bsp compiler(with detail...

2 Weeks Ago
by taz0 Go to last post
1 250
Map

de_supply

Hello! I've been working on my my de_supply for a year and a month now and I'd like to hear what you think! I know I'm no professional and I know that many of you will think it's really amateur-ish, but I enjoy playing on it. The map is a bomb/defuse map...

2 Weeks Ago
by snaipers96 Go to last post
2 565
Work In Progress

RP_NewYork ( 2 Last )

Hello people of the facepunch community, i'm back (again) bringing to you yet another New York map, accept this map is a bit different, when i first started mapping i was told to build things that are in real life, after months of recreating my house and...

2 Weeks Ago
by Borris_Squad Go to last post
62 5,877
Stupid

Making seats sitable?

How do i make it so you can sit in chairs and benches in source SDK?

2 Weeks Ago
by Stiffy360 Go to last post
5 1,308
Help

How to create this weird form in Hammer editor

I don't have any idea how to do this form in hammer

2 Weeks Ago
by Timrai Go to last post
6 569
Release

RP_EvoCity_v4b1 ( 2 3 4 5 Last )

Map Name: RP_Evocity_v4b1. Map type: Roleplay Large. Map Setting: Stereotypical valley setting, day and night enabled with skypaint skybox. Description...

Sgt.Sgt Thread has images 1 people are reading this thread x 1 Mapping King x 88
2 Weeks Ago
by Edned Go to last post
170 79,805
Help

I need help with lighting Issues.

So I have edited and rp_ map and after I get done with editing and compile, the map is just fullbright. I have tried full compiling, but nothing works. any fixes?

2 Weeks Ago
by TheBloodyNine Go to last post
3 348
Help

Need someone to do a map edit [will pay]

Heyo, I need someone to do a very very basic edit to cinema_theatron, that i cant do on my own due to time constraints. I am willing to pay a reasonable sum of money for the map edit, just add me on steam for further details.

3 Weeks Ago
by EdvardSchnitz Go to last post
3 464
Help

Hammer don't want to build mesh with the snapped grid

Please anyone help me ? Since maybe 1 hour, i've a problem with my hammer grid. When I build mesh, the limitation of the mesh don't want to snap to grid. Je suis franais. SCREEN :

3 Weeks Ago
by Timrai Go to last post
2 293
Question

Tips on mapping outside things?

Hello, I'm trying to recreate where my place (my district, to be more exact) and was wondering if anyone has a tip on mapping the areas where humans usually go to?

3 Weeks Ago
by VIOLATION_SNG Go to last post
4 502
Help

How to use Laatido on Hammer?

Hello! First of all I would like to apologize for my bad English, I use google translation! x) I come here because the French are not great forum ... In short, in fact, I would change rp_rockfort and saw that it was necessary to compile Laatido use. Only...

3 Weeks Ago
by Kemerd Go to last post
3 406
Map

Rp_City12 District14 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 30 31 32 33 Last )

Credit for the Banner goes to Useful Dave. Latest News 26/09/14 Still Kicking. This map is not dead. It won't die. I won't let it. I work now as a freelance graphic designer so a lot of my time is spent doing that. However, recently I have spent...

1 Duck Thread has images Mapping King x 134
3 Weeks Ago
by Kemerd Go to last post
1,291 138,390
Help

Why is my flashlight doing this?

Only happens when my flashlight is on in my map I'm making... can't seem to figure it out. For reference, here's the room without my flashlight turned on

3 Weeks Ago
by meowximum Go to last post
2 383
Help

env_entity_dissolver in cs:go?

I have no idea where to put this thread so I feel this section would work best, I want to use env_entity_dissolver in csgo, and it works, but the visual effects are missing, is there anyway I can import them from other games into csgo?

3 Weeks Ago
by 343N Go to last post
2 380
Map

WIP - RP_Neustadt ( 2 3 4 Last )

RP_Neustadt - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Description RP_Neustadt is meant to be the successor of RP_Littletown. It's architecture is of european style around...

3 Weeks Ago
by €r!k Go to last post
152 17,773
Question

How would I go about getting the textures used in GMOD's Construct map?

I really like the grass, concrete and shit used in the map. Is there any way I could extract them and use them in my map? Thanks!

3 Weeks Ago
by taz0 Go to last post
7 419
Help

Lighting Problem

Hello, users of FacePunch! I'm having a problem with my light_environment lighting everything in my map. Please note, this is for CS:GO. :) And here is the .log file: http://pastebin.com/Zh1ttenW Thanks, FlyingSixtySix

3 Weeks Ago
by FlyingSixtySi Go to last post
6 347
Map

Upward (Payload) Port to CS:GO

Steam Workshop Link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=733917380 This map is PORTED from TF2 to CS:GO Just like the map in TF2, you can push the cart, trigger checkpoints and more! Input. If there are any problems or bugs...

3 Weeks Ago
by Kisco Go to last post
0 403
Map

Garry's Mall (gm_gmall) ( 2 3 Last )

---------------------------- What is this? ---------------------------- Garry's Mall is a collaborative shopping mall map created for Garry's Mod, where each store inside the mall has been contributed by a different person. Making a total of 12 unique...

3 Weeks Ago
by sirdownloadsalot Go to last post
95 15,637
Map

Need mapper for Garrys Mod

We need map in universe killzone. So we need 2 bases in sci-fi styles, half-ruined city and others. Concept maps , we will explain when dealing http://steamcommunity.com/id/Arxangelrus/ - this for communication Money 50-150 $

3 Weeks Ago
by Mr Anonymous Go to last post
1 483