Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Tutorial

- Basic Guidelines -

Yo relax, this is just keeping this subforum in check. New: Some non-source mapping is fine, even down to discussing mapping/architectural concepts with or without software. Have in mind this place is primary for Source mapping. Just thought...

16th September 2014
by Craptasket Go to last post
1 9,066
Help

Opening Doors Automatically

How can I configure doors to open automatically when a player walks near them? Can I filter which teams trigger the doors in DarkRP? Thanks in advance. UPDATE: The automatic opening can be done via creating a "trigger zone" with OnStartTouch and...

KR0KA 1 people are reading this thread x 1
1 Hour Ago
by KR0KA Go to last post
2 45
Work In Progress

The Official Facepunch Mapping WiP Thread v16 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 108 109 110 111 Last )

Post your works in progress, get cool ratings! RULES MAX 3 IMAGES PER QUOTE! IF YOU'RE USING A 1920X1080 + RESOLUTION USE SO YOU DONT BREAK EVERYONES COMPUTER IMAGES IF YOU ARE QUOTING!!! WIP's must be compiled (unless you have a reason not...

4 Hours Ago
by Comfort Jones Go to last post
4,422 388,903
Help

map lighting issue

I'm trying to edit rp_downtown_V2 to take a few things out but once i play it and render it into gmod it seems very dark can anyone help? also some of the textures seem to be missing like i can see through the map in some areas

5 Hours Ago
by dazholmes Go to last post
2 29
Help

[Hammer] Weird Texture Problem

I have one problem with Hammer and it kills me. I cannot seem to get this fixed - I've already changed the camera view to 3D Textured. It helps, however, the texture in light still reflects some checkers. Here's a screenshot:

5 Hours Ago
by code_thrax Go to last post
7 67
Love

Mapping Reference Image Dump

Proposed title was original "Super Mapping Mega Image Dump Deluxe" Anyway, the title is self-explanatory. Post images you think would benefit as reference pictures for others. I'll start with some shots from around my college campus. I think there's a...

wauterboi 2 people are reading this thread x 2
6 Hours Ago
by wauterboi Go to last post
10 222
Release

[CS:GO] Legacy

Fight in streets and courtyards as terrorists invade a Malta-inspired historic coastal city. Play as the Separatists determined to disrupt the peaceful atmosphere, or the GIGN dispatched to protect key cultural sites on the small Mediterranean island....

6 Hours Ago
by mendaxyz Go to last post
3 137
Map

rp_lyolux ( 2 Last )

Hello there everyone I would just like to showcase my roleplaying map rp_lyolux. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=612117232 <---------- Link for map is right here! This map here includes the following: * Houses * Stores *...

7 Hours Ago
by lyosea Go to last post
70 2,267
Release

rp_REbangclaw (v1, v2d_lite, v2d)

Hi! I would like you to show off your work and that you appreciated / help my first work on hammer: rp_REbangclaw_v1 Very small edit, new mini-area, edit police and mayor structure, in fact, this is the usual bangclaw Workshop:...

7 Hours Ago
by ProfHappycat7 Go to last post
4 476
Help

Leaks always

Hello, i start to remake a old 1.6 map (de_russka) I'm done, but when trying to compile i got always leaks trying to fix but they never end, i can fix it if i make my skybox around the entire map, but when trying to compile (full compile) never ends...

8 Hours Ago
by badtripbgg Go to last post
9 111
Help

Mapping Question Megathread v5 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 69 70 71 72 Last )

Going to be editing this OP. If you have any mapping-related problems, use this thread to ask them, rather than creating a whole new thread. This is not the place for requests. If you want to request a map to be found/made, create a new thread. Do not...

9 Hours Ago
by Grenade Man Go to last post
2,876 104,180
Work In Progress

RP_NewYork

Hello people of the facepunch community, i'm back (again) bringing to you yet another New York map, accept this map is a bit different, when i first started mapping i was told to build things that are in real life, after months of recreating my house and...

13 Hours Ago
by Borris_Squad Go to last post
34 1,944
Help

Soure Multi-Tool custom models not showing up?

I downloaded a SFM Fallout prop pack since there are no other packs. ( https://www.dropbox.com/s/sz7ic95zjyi3hz4/FO3-and-Vault-Kit-for-SFM.rar?dl=0 ) I put the files on the Source Multi-tool custom content file ( C:\program files...

18 Hours Ago
by The Siphon Go to last post
0 26
Help

Fallout 3/NV textures for Hammer?

I was wondering if there are Fallout 3/NV textures for Hammer. There was an old thread, but the download links are dead and have been for a long time. If you know how to get them, I would be very grateful. Thank you.

20 Hours Ago
by The Siphon Go to last post
4 108
Question

how was gm_calamitycoast made?

the question is pretty vague so let me elaborate the map is known for being destructible. but the destructible parts of the map seem to be welded together somehow. i know that the destructable parts are just func_physbox with health but i would like to...

23 Hours Ago
by legendofrobbo Go to last post
2 235
C++

Custom VBSP with func_detail_blocker support

L4D introduced func_detail_blocker, a useful brush entity that prevents the placement of detail props within its volume. Unfortunately it's not supported by the compile tools of older Source games, so I decided to implement it myself for a map I'm working...

1 Day Ago
by Kemerd Go to last post
23 1,593
Map

Rp Stardestroyer ( 2 3 Last )

New thread and new version! Name: rp_stardestroyer_b4 Version: Fourth Beta Description: A huge Imperial Class Star Destroyer with interior and exterior in space. Steam Workshop...

1 Day Ago
by DFC Go to last post
115 19,321
Help

Weird Lighting Issue Where Displacement Meets Brush

In fact, the upper brush (where there is just the sidewalk), is not even a displacement and the corners seem to be glowing. Is there an issue with my texture? This ONLY happens when it's under the shadow of a prop_dynamic (when I remove it it goes away)....

1 Day Ago
5 95
Help

Who's open for commissions? Looking for mappers for variety of themes.

Hello! I know this thread seems a bit out of the ordinary but I basically wanted to get a feel for who would be open to Commissions for maps. A bit of background on the current situation. I was commissioning maps from Statua, also known as the author...

2 Days Ago
by DeadiKation Go to last post
8 213
Help

Propper models don't collide

I've made a model on propper of a helipad. I'm following the tophatwaffle tutorial of how to enable the collisions for the model (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyE4BY5ySUg), he says that you need to place clip brushes over the model before compiling....

2 Days Ago
by SoggySocks Go to last post
3 68
Question

Overlays on a func_door

How do I add overlays to a func_door? Decals work, but not overlays. They show up in hammer, but not in-game. I selected the appropriate brush faces. I need to use an overlay because the decal is way too large.

3 Days Ago
by glitchvid Go to last post
29 565
Help

Displacements giving: "Too many unique texture mappings, max = 2048"

I'm making a snow version of a map, thus there's quite a bit of displacements. However, none of them go over the brush limit, face, or vertice limit, but I'm getting this error: Welcome to VBCT Session Date: Monday, April 18, 2016, 4:43:59 PM OS =...

3 Days Ago
17 433
Question

Obscenely Poor FPS in Hammer 3DView

Hi guys, First off, apologies if this is the wrong place to ask for help - I've literally never seen this website before until my desperate search for answers led me to an old thread on here. I'm just getting started with Hammer, specifically for...

3 Days Ago
by Chrille Go to last post
10 177
Help

4-way intersection

https://i.gyazo.com/0ba6acae53f15c154f36306220b04f25.png How can I make this 4-way intersection work? I'm getting intersecting brushes and some concave holes...

3 Days Ago
3 151
Release

ttt_underside_a1

Well I have finally fixed the elevator and pretty much everything else and decided to release this. It's Alpha though, so there are bound to be bugs I overlooked. Anyways, too lazy to do more screens so here are some olderish ones:

4 Days Ago
by VIOLATION_SNG Go to last post
8 2,422
Help

Still getting ugly shadows

A while back I posted a thread about having ugly shadows, even when I had a light. I still seem to get this issue, but it changed a little bit. Certain spots in my small map have lighting, while others are pitch black, as if there is something blocking...

4 Days Ago
by VeXan Go to last post
15 239
Help

can you make a one way passage?

can you make a wall that players can see and shoot through but only AI(bots) can walk through? and how would you do so

4 Days Ago
2 112
Help

Weird Sound Between Footstep Sounds

The footstep sounds are amazing for tiles. However, between footsteps, I hear a weird sound at times. It sounds as if it's furniture squeaking. I hate it, around 0:10 I tried to use my physgun every time it made the sound. It's at random increments, so...

4 Days Ago
by Percipience Go to last post
5 96
Map

RP Rockford VMF Release ( 2 Last )

v2a now available. After being released for awhile now and being used on over 180 servers (currently 185 as per this post and recorded on gametracker) I have decided to release the VMF of the map so people could learn from it and attempt to make edits...

5 Days Ago
by Statua Go to last post
72 11,656
Help

Looking for mappers :Portal 2: Abyss

Hello, Team Abyss is looking for experienced mappers for our current project: Portal 2: Abyss Project's page: http://www.moddb.com/mods/portal-2-abyss Official website: http://portal2abyss.com/ Quick notice! This is an unpaid job. We are looking...

5 Days Ago
by pac0master Go to last post
0 124
Release

RP_EvoCity_v33x and vmf! ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last )

Description ___________________________________________________________________________________________________ THIS MAP IS OUTDATED PLEASE START USING v4b1. I am not supporting this version anymore. See link below for new version. ...

Sgt.Sgt Thread has images Mapping King x 106
5 Days Ago
by xAl3xTh3K1nG Go to last post
314 111,937
Help

what is this map?

yo nigga's. this map looks really nice(the server is just autistic as hell) does anyone know what it is? - I'm talking about the first server. btw, this youtuber is amazing. check out his videos.

6 Days Ago
by Percipience Go to last post
2 227
Map

WIP - RP_Neustadt ( 2 3 4 Last )

RP_Neustadt - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Description RP_Neustadt is meant to be the successor of RP_Littletown. It's architecture is of european style around...

1 Week Ago
143 14,329
Help

Exporting a model as a map into Hammer

Hello, I'm attempting to port WoW maps into Source as Garry's Mod and Source Filmmaker maps. The problem is that the map data I have from WoW is in a model form and compiling it into a model is not possible due of the 25 materials Source limit. I...

1 Week Ago
by wallworm Go to last post
6 221
Help

Source SDK 2007 Singlke player greyed.

I'm trying to use propper for a current map i'm making, and in order to do that i need to add a mod. When pressing the 'create a mod' section on source sdk, and select 2007 as the engine, for some reason the 'Modify Half-Life 2 Single Player' option is...

1 Week Ago
by taz0 Go to last post
10 132
Rant

Petition and ideas for a redesign of the sticky

So I thought we could maybe update the subforum's sticky thread. I know this is just nitpicking but - why not. Heres my idea and I will be sure to update it with any suggestions you guys come up with. When we are done we'll PM an admin and get it sorted...

1 Week Ago
10 269
Help

Hammer Window Problem

Hi, I have mirror and window through which you can see tree. When I'm near a mirror, everything is fine. But when I'm away from the mirror, I don't see tree, only sky. Does anyone know why?

1 Week Ago
by Olek6043 Go to last post
18 281
Release

Doors, doors, doors! - A door pack for source mappers

http://imgur.com/ZG0lItU.jpghttp://imgur.com/OqEIHgf.jpg http://imgur.com/6WUftAl.jpghttp://imgur.com/uXzT7NF.jpg readme.txt VERSION 1.0 Made by GrenadeMan, released on Facepunch Mapping section

1 Week Ago
by Zelpa Go to last post
27 2,578
Map

CS:GO Hisss-surf map

I know this subforum is mainly for help/helping/discussing mapping, but the rules didn't say anything about showing off your map, so here I am. I know that a lot people here will cringe at the thought of a Leafyishere fan map, but before you bring your...

1 Week Ago
by Itszutak Go to last post
12 440
Work In Progress

Rp_ FiveBoroughs ( 2 Last )

So, i learned a lot from you guys really and what i learned changed how i make maps. I started with rp_greenriver, how ever the map was a bit 'tacky' or 'blocky', so i went around in google street view and looked at how Lower New York is made up, i...

1 Week Ago
72 4,620
Work In Progress

EvoCity 3 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 11 12 13 14 Last )

The map that never dies is back. I have finally entered full production on EvoCity 3. This map has been in the works for some time. Now I finally have the plan together to really get started with construction. This new map will be more detailed and...

Sgt.Sgt Thread has images Mapping King x 171
1 Week Ago
by TomSutton Go to last post
525 72,852
Work In Progress

Decay:Source (WIP Map)

This is a work in progress of the first map in 'half life decay' using black mesa:source assets. I still currently have a lot of work still to do but just posting a short preview. I created another similar to this earlier in the past but looking at it...

1 Week Ago
by Olek6043 Go to last post
5 339
Games

The Facepunch "Other Engines" Pimpage thread ( 2 3 4 5 .. 11 12 13 14 Last )

Hey all, basically i have been using yap n blabber to post my unity work, but as it is now dead, and the other non engine thread was specific to UDK, i decided to make this one. Feel free to post your unity, udk, or other engines, be they custom or...

1 Week Ago
by gnampf Go to last post
526 47,941
Help

Ideas for doing what looks like to be a collapsed tunnel in a cave system?

Hey guys, just wondering how you guys would go about doing this. My idea was just to do some displacements with both rock/dirt textures and mix them together so it looks realistically collapsed. I guess I'm mainly wondering if this is a good way to do...

1 Week Ago
by DwarfOverlord Go to last post
3 124
Question

thick ass fog

im trying to recreate the fog/draw distance shown below the way it disappears as i move back, what would you guys reccommend? im not great at figuring out stuff like this.

1 Week Ago
by _Commander_ Go to last post
3 145
Help

Displacements Shadow Bug?

Hi, I've got a really annoying shadow bug with my displacements, was wondering if you guys could help me out. I'm compiling in the GO SDK, if you couldn't already tell. All non-visible faces have been destroyed, lightmaps are set to 2, and...

1 Week Ago
by rewas321 Go to last post
7 139
Question

clear underwater texture?

i was playing someones map and noticed how when you were under water, you could actually see where as default half-life water textures have very limited view distance. how can i modify a water texture so you can see clearly through it when underneath?

1 Week Ago
by Itszutak Go to last post
4 228
Question

Random Music

It's there a way to play random music by ambient_generic or another point entity?

1 Week Ago
by Moltard Go to last post
1 80
Help

Protecting my map

Hello, I'm making maps for my own servers and I would like to know if there is a way so the map can run ONLY if I have a special file like .lua or .txt . I've already tried map obfuscator but the software crashes. Thanks for answers.

1 Week Ago
by Richard Simmons Go to last post
13 300
Help

CS:GO surf map point_servercommand problem

When I join my map using the point_servercommand with all my settings it just keeps restarting the round multiple times a second. The map works well without it, it also works well when I put them in a cfg and run it manually. This is the only error I...

2 Weeks Ago
by Moltard Go to last post
5 86
Help

Black spots on my map?

Hey. Im currently building a map and I keep getting these dark areas in my map. Ive tried moving the lighting around, changed the light direction, added and removed the skybox and still nothing works. The map is a RP modification. Could someone help?...

2 Weeks Ago
by taz0 Go to last post
7 171
Help

Any other way to compile?

So I like making gmod maps for fun because I find it quite an enjoyable thing to do, yet its not fun when I can't compile them because of my potato PC (trust me its terrible and I want a full refund xD) So is there anyway I can compile a map without it...

2 Weeks Ago
5 119
Work In Progress

ttt_aquabase

Aquabase will be my third map to be published to the STEAM workshop. This map will be unlike other TTT maps as it will feature a more complex set of objectives for innocents to complete. The map takes place in an underwater aquatics research facility....

2 Weeks Ago
by coolcat99 Go to last post
7 314
Games

Crossroads Episode I "games"

Then I saw you. And I decided, why not share your project here. And to show progress in the design level. This old design levels. I want to show how it will change in the course of the conversation in this thread. I hope someone can help is all. As I...

2 Weeks Ago
by Ferapod Go to last post
20 2,409
Help

env_screenoverlay fade in and out.

Another exquisite problem of mine. I want env_screenoverlay to slap my texture on player's screen, but instead of doing it in an instant, I'd like it to fade in and out. Here are the methods which I tried out and which did not work at all, because I...

2 Weeks Ago
by 20-14 Go to last post
10 326
Map

Map rejuvenation project.

So to kick start my new account on Facepunch I thought I'd make a thread within the mapping section about an recent idea of mine. I have a passion for map development and a it's almost a hobby as I find time flys quite quickly while working on well......

2 Weeks Ago
by Rhedd Go to last post
25 1,202
Question

Suggestions for lighting up a chandelier in a not well lit room

Can anyone give me a few suggestions about lighting up a chandelier in a not well lit room? So far I got a light_spot shining from below a chandelier onto a table - the table is lit up but not the chandelier. The room does not look good, I want it...

2 Weeks Ago
4 111
Help

Texture Pack

The mega question thread looks dead, and overrun. Does anybody have a link to some star wars textures, or futuristic textures? Thanks in advance. Couldn't find any on game banana

2 Weeks Ago
3 170
Question

are there any tutorials on func_tank?

got bored and decided to see if i could make an automatic, player targeting turret on my craptacular map. i have played around with it a bit but cant quite get my head around it and i cant find anything useful on the internet.

2 Weeks Ago
2 187
Question

Compiling custom materials?

I added custom materials from another map to my game's materials directory. After compiling my map with these textures will other people be able to see them in game?

2 Weeks Ago
by taz0 Go to last post
1 64
Help

Importing Half Life 2 Assets into CS:GO

Hi all, I'm trying to import Half Life 2 assets into CS:GO. Used GCFScape to extract content and put it into CS:GO's directories. In game and in the editor though, they are either black or a really shiny, reflectivee material. Any ideas?

2 Weeks Ago
by gargamel9000 Go to last post
7 408
PC Games

Hard Duty mod for Half-Life

Hello people. It has been a long time I have not posted here. Today, I am bringing a new Half-Life mod to life: Hard Duty. I have been working on it since September 2015 and a lot of progress has been made, but it is still a ways off. If you feel like...

2 Weeks Ago
by butrcupp Go to last post
1 219
Help

Hammer Trees Problem

Hi, I place on my map some four trees (prop_static). But when I complied the map I see only two. Does anyone know why?

2 Weeks Ago
by Stiffy360 Go to last post
6 143
Help

Is it possible to entspy a decompiled map?

I have a map that I can not open and I want to try to fix it, The issue happened when I loaded in a big prop that caused a I want to know if I can somehow fix this issue without losing my progress as soon as I gave a prop_physics this prop model it...

2 Weeks Ago
by Blinkenn Go to last post
2 136
Games

Game of Thrones Red Keep

http://i67.tinypic.com/f05k5c.png Hi guys, so I figured I'd start a small topic to get some feedback and keep track on a new Map i've been working on inspired by HBO's Game of Thrones series. Overview Still a work in progress, the Map is based on...

2 Weeks Ago
16 1,298
Help

Hammer Problems

1st problem: When I compile my map, it loads an old version of it without the changes I made. I saved and restarted everything but that didn't help. 2nd problem: I get this popup when I try to access the entity option menu. Hitting the yes button does...

3 Weeks Ago
by McSniper12 Go to last post
5 108
Help

Propper - Setting up without HL2 ep 2?

So I was wondering if there's a post steampipe method without ep2? I've done a bit of searching around and can't find any methods that don't use ep2, more so wondering if I can do it without forking out a whopping $5 (being a major tight arse) Thanks...

3 Weeks Ago
by Stiffy360 Go to last post
3 170
Request

Looking for a Map Maker for Hide and Seek Game Mode

I'm looking for someone who could make a map or a few maps for my community and specifically for our Hide and Seek servers. Key things (which is why its been hard for us to just find good maps): -Boundaries need to well done (Too many maps are too...

3 Weeks Ago
by oliking021 Go to last post
6 296
Help

Skybox glitchy or black

Im gonna jump straight on this now, the skybox is doing that glitchy thing and is also black, there is no leaks, i think its something todo with the skybox texture setting in map properties, what is the default normally? Thanks!

3 Weeks Ago
by gnampf Go to last post
9 192
Steam

Using CSS Materials With Hl2 Materials In Hammer For Gmod

I recently set up hammer to map for garrysmod but I only have the hl2 materials (models/textures). I really want to use CSS textures as well. I know the gcf method of doing this is outdated and I cant find vpks anywhere. I event tried putting the Cstrike...

3 Weeks Ago
by taz0 Go to last post
1 110
Help

first time uploading map with custom textures/sounds

hi, as the title suggests, this is my first time uploading a map to the workshop with custom textures and sounds. i have heard of this program called pakrat and i understand it has something to do with custom textures? if somebody could link a...

3 Weeks Ago
8 147
Tutorial

Porting Source / Source 2 maps to Unity

After a long hiatus, I'm back with more conversion shenanigans. Edit: images rehosted to imgur with full resolution Intro to Source 2 One of the first things I noticed when Valve released the Source 2 Hammer editor for creating Custom Games in...

3 Weeks Ago
by Nightscout Go to last post
17 1,418
Question

Questions about optimization

I have already read this. And this, I have also watched a couple of videos about optimizing your level. 1. I have many tunnels in my map that would greatly benefit from areaportal windows. What is the best way to do this? Do I stretch the brush to the...

3 Weeks Ago
by Sugartitty Go to last post
4 158
Help

Trigger Detect Active Weapon?

So, according to the Wiki the left for dead 2 SDK Has it, but im making a Roleplay map and basically making a silent alarm system in the bank, i want it to detect if the player has an active gun. So how do i detect a active weapon? Thanks!

3 Weeks Ago
3 143
Question

Lightning/Shadow problem

My shadows look like this: http://imgur.com/d180b1j I have no idea what could've caused it. I hope that you guys can help me. Log: http://pastebin.com/mxzkfLz3 The lightning source is light_environment, properties: http://imgur.com/AKkbANt...

3 Weeks Ago
by mdeceiver79 Go to last post
10 184
Release

RP Rockford ( 2 Last )

Download Now: Main Workshop Link Content (needed): Content Workshop Link Does not work on servers!!! Content for servers: .7z Download Link Rockford is a city RP map based in Oregon USA, that includes downtown, uptown, industrial, residential,...

Statua Thread has images Mapping King x 30
3 Weeks Ago
by TheSenDest Go to last post
51 9,895
Help

Compiling Error

Hey, when I try to compile my map, it says at one point something along the lines of could not locate 'gamedata' key. This is causing my compile to not finish properly which I am pretty sure is the cause for my map being very bright with no shadows. ...

3 Weeks Ago
by UnknownFusion Go to last post
30 202
Help

Convert GM map to Rp

Hi How to convert GM map to rp_map? Thx for reply

3 Weeks Ago
by Richard Simmons Go to last post
6 196
Help

Trouble in Terrorist Town - Player Collisions and Custom Ammo

OK so I'm making a map for the Trouble in Terrorist Town gamemode. I'm nearly done with the map, but I'm still trying to figure some things out. First off, I'm trying to figure out a way to disable player collisions when a trigger_multiple entity is...

3 Weeks Ago
by Doomblade3890 Go to last post
0 64
Help

I need a couple of VTF files...

Hello. I have a request that I'd appreciate if anyone can resolve it for me... I need the following VTF files... nature/sand_wavey_1 nature/sandfloor_01_blendtexture nature/rockwall015a nature/rockwall015a_normal

3 Weeks Ago
by Humam Go to last post
10 127
Request

Experienced Mapper Required (Pays well)

Hi Guys, Not sure if this is allowed here. Basically I want to hire the best mapper I can for my project. Its simple short term work which pays pretty well. About 1-2 weeks work at a push. Any portfolio or proof of your work would be great. Dead...

4 Weeks Ago
by inspirit Go to last post
27 664