Title / Thread Starter Last Post ByReverse Sort Order Replies Views
Tutorial

- Basic Guidelines -

Yo relax, this is just keeping this subforum in check. New: Some non-source mapping is fine, even down to discussing mapping/architectural concepts with or without software. Have in mind this place is primary for Source mapping. Just thought...

16th September 2014
by Craptasket Go to last post
1 11,113
Help

Map is too bright?

I have added and removed,light enviorments checked,for leaks and loaded a pointfile. There were no problems. I've even enabled and disabled atmos, yet my map continues to be bright everywhere. Could it be the custom skybox texture I imported causing the...

1 Hour Ago
by taz0 Go to last post
10 139
Help

How to make compling faster?

I alredy nodraw some stuff and set hammer running priority to real time what else i can do?

RasmusG5 3 people are reading this thread x 3
1 Hour Ago
by taz0 Go to last post
3 52
Help

Mapping Question Megathread v5 ( 2 3 4 5 .. 88 89 90 91 Last )

Going to be editing this OP. If you have any mapping-related problems, use this thread to ask them, rather than creating a whole new thread. This is not the place for requests. If you want to request a map to be found/made, create a new thread. Do not...

3 Hours Ago
by 03C0 Go to last post
3,625 142,059
Map

How do I make 2 doors open when I use one of them?

Making a bunker door and want both doors to open when u use only one of them.

14 Hours Ago
by gargamel9000 Go to last post
6 372
Map

The Official Facepunch Mapping WiP Thread v17: Carve Edition ( 2 3 4 5 .. 8 9 10 11 Last )

Post your works in progress, get cool ratings! RULES: MAX 3 IMAGES PER QUOTE! IF YOU'RE USING A 1920X1080+ RESOLUTION USE TAGS SO YOU DONT BREAK EVERYONES COMPUTER WIP's ideally should be compiled! Discussion of WIPs is allowed, and encouraged....

14 Hours Ago
by Mattscreab Go to last post
406 38,074
Release

Doors, doors, doors! - A door pack for source mappers

http://imgur.com/ZG0lItU.jpghttp://imgur.com/OqEIHgf.jpg http://imgur.com/6WUftAl.jpghttp://imgur.com/uXzT7NF.jpg readme.txt VERSION 1.0 Made by GrenadeMan, released on Facepunch Mapping section

22 Hours Ago
by Autonomous1 Go to last post
31 3,525
Help

adding .fgds?

So i've attempted to add the game files (.fgd) in the menu BUT how do i add the textures ;-;

1 Day Ago
by Battlefan1942 Go to last post
5 136
Help

How to port Jedi Knight Jedi Academy .pk3 file into Garry's Mod?

I need a detailed how-to on how to do this please, A similar question was asked a few weeks ago about this but answers were vague as heck. Please help me! If anyone is interested the map I'm trying to port is the senate map from this...

1 Day Ago
by taz0 Go to last post
3 190
Map

Empire state Building

So i really want some new york themed stuff on the the workshop but it seems like an untouched place on Garry's mod, So I decided to start building the Empire State Building for Garry's mod Here are some screen shots, Tell me what you think :) (PS The...

1 Day Ago
by Olek6043 Go to last post
2 422
Map

rp_industrial17_v1 VMF?

I couldn't find a vmf for industrial17. Apoc posted a source dump a while back but the link on Filemelt doesn't work. If you have a vmf for it could you upload it? Thank you!

2 Days Ago
by TheVingard Go to last post
5 712
Request

Map edit Request/Comission + Models

I understand this is for mapping but I will post my general post completely here since it's related. I'm looking for people to make certain models from pokemon into animated models for my tf2 halloween map and static models. It's not too many. I had...

2 Days Ago
by Ramenoodles Go to last post
0 134
Help

Hammer Crashes Every 5 Min

As title says. Could start a new file, could edit an old one. It still crashes. Not sure what to do here, if you need any information lemme know and I'll get it.

2 Days Ago
by Richard Simmons Go to last post
37 907
Map

[TF2] Trade_Hyrule_Market WIP ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last )

This is my port of the ENTIRE overworld of "The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time 3D" In this map, you are able to visit almost every house in every town. (With the exception of dungeons and temples) Also there are some minigames in the town, a...

Litronom Thread has images Mapping King x 63
4 Days Ago
by Levilancaster Go to last post
341 50,376
Request

Port a "Jensen's Apartment" from Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Hello, is there any chance to port Adam Jensen's apartment from Deus Ex: Human Revolution to Source Engine? One guy ported Anderson's apartment from Mass Effect 3 and the result is fantastic :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uows0Si9gVg Mass Effect 3...

4 Days Ago
by taz0 Go to last post
10 620
Help

hl2 d2_coast_10 vmf?

is there d2_coast_10 vmf some where becoust decompling is hard

5 Days Ago
by WizardLizard Go to last post
13 343
Map

Need someone to fix the bank of the map rp_rockford_v2

Basically, the bank vault on the map rockford v2 can only be opened from the inside so I would like if possible for someone to fix this and make it so it can be opened from the outside for $5. Thanks. btw dont say "Oh but its such a hard job to do that"...

5 Days Ago
by mlg_sparkz Go to last post
8 348
Request

Portal Stories Mel Ending map

Is it possible to use it in SFM? that'd be perfect for scene builds and movies.

6 Days Ago
by GLaDOSCAKE122 Go to last post
0 232
Playstation 3

Remaking Maps from Heavy Rain

Hey everybody. Figured this would be the best place to ask this sort of question. I'm not particularly new to mapping, I know Hammer pretty much inside and out, but I decided to tackle the task of remaking maps from Heavy Rain on PS3. This game's got...

1 Week Ago
by TurtleeyFP Go to last post
3 421
Help

****leaked**** but no leaks?

Log is as such, explanation follows: CDynamicFunction: Loading library 'Kernel32.dll' (748C0000) CDynamicFunction: Lookup of 'TryEnterCriticalSection' in 'Kernel32.dll': 77D7BEF0 ...

1 Week Ago
by ZeMysticalTac Go to last post
22 981
Help

copy areas from other maps?

is it possible to copy example house from hl2 map and move it to other map?

1 Week Ago
by taz0 Go to last post
3 241
Release

Rp_City17_District47

Hello everone, Rp_City17_District47 is our first attempt at a released map. This beauty has been in the works for over a year now as we had many problems and had to be postponed due to us all being in college at the time and now that we have finished we...

1 Week Ago
by jack ralph Go to last post
12 2,864
Help

map_edit.

does this thing even work anymore? i havent talked to anyone who has gotten it to work. my mapping guy that teaches me everything i need to know (hes worked with source for 15 years) and he has never used it, i could use it occasionaly for ragdolls....

1 Week Ago
by darpeyface Go to last post
9 386
Help

Help Needed (again :3 )

Can't run my edited map again :p I'll start by saying that yes. I don't have some resources that are not related to any of Valve's games , and are used in this map. ** Executing... ** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life...

1 Week Ago
by wernsto Go to last post
8 388
Help

Help! Very Odd - Tank constantly Spitter Goos Player in Survival Map

I need help figuring out why the zombie infected Tank is spawning spitter goo underneath the player "not the survivor npcs" everytime it attacks them in survival The closest thing that I have in mind for initialing a command for the tank is the...

1 Week Ago
by HGrunt Go to last post
1 265
WiiU

Wuhu Island as a map for GMod

I'm sure that you have heard of Wuhu Island, which is the main location of certain Wii sports games such as Wii Fit U, Wii Sports Resort and Pilotwings Resort. This could be a really amazing and beautiful sandbox map for Garry's Mod. It's really huge...

1 Week Ago
by Clunky Go to last post
7 672
Help

Texture problem?

anyone can help me with this problem?

1 Week Ago
by saos Go to last post
9 299
Question

Optimizing a very big func_water_analog

Yo. So I am making another water big water map for Garry's Mod. I have already released the previous one you guys helped me out with. Thanks very much! So in this level, I've got a func_water_analog. It runs from bottom to the middle of my level with...

1 Week Ago
3 407
Question

Has anyone been using Source 2's new Hammer Editor?

Definitely impressive that you can manipulate vertices in engine. I only gave it a short go but have been working more-so in UE4 as of late. Know if any indie developers are using it? I'm curious to see if it will take on like Source 1 did.

1 Week Ago
14 702
Help

decompling?

how to decomply map?

1 Week Ago
by taz0 Go to last post
3 220
Help

Textures become errors when u get further away

So I have been working on this map with fully custom textures, using pakrat to put le textures in, and everything works except for the palm leaves when you get far away, I am guessing its changing texture when u get further away to decrease lag, but then...

1 Week Ago
by muffinman576 Go to last post
1 274
Help

I need to transfer a save from single to multiplayer

Hi all, I had a small question, I was building a map in a single game, now I need to move once the save to the server, how do I do it?

1 Week Ago
by RasmusG5 Go to last post
1 235
Help

Stripping a selected weapon?

If there anyway in hammer that allows you to create a weapon stripper that only targets certain weapons? I'm making a firing range where users can tryout guns they wouldn't normally have but when they leave I don't want them to keep the weapons that...

1 Week Ago
by Grenade Man Go to last post
3 282
Help

rp_industrial17 problems

Hello, guys, i have a little problem, how can i upload custom models on this map? Error's or f***king bad textures... Please, help! i'm really need to upload normal that map in hammer editor. I'm noob in mapping, but i'm need delete some things from this...

1 Week Ago
by taz0 Go to last post
21 609
Map

FIVE ctf maps ported to CS:GO

Here they are: 2Fort: Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=761324761/ Gamebanana: http://gamebanana.com/maps/192214 Double Cross: Steam Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=760923845...

1 Week Ago
by Lord Canistra Go to last post
6 421
Help

Making custom soundscripts in CS:GO for custom map.

Hello. I'm wondering if it's possible to make custom soundscripts to my own map. I need this because I want to use EmitSound() function in my VScripts and it needs scripted sound to work. Soundscripts needs to be precached and "definied" in...

1 Week Ago
by Dexter127 Go to last post
0 183
Help

map crashes in game?

every time i go to my map and look behind my self game crashes and its same map is it becoust i got big water area?

1 Week Ago
by taz0 Go to last post
1 207
Question

Old Gmod Portal Maps

Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you guys had these maps gm_rift2 gm_rift_release gm_portalworld gm_asec I'm working on porting over a bunch of Exite maps on to Portal and was wondering if you guys had them you could send them to me. Thanks,...

1 Week Ago
by Giraffen93 Go to last post
6 783
Help

moving bots

i want to make npc that moves araund map and if it dies it respawns example 1min later and also if you press e on them can they talk something?

1 Week Ago
by taz0 Go to last post
5 263
Help

Map isn't showing textures for others

I'm pretty sure bsp's have the textures in them but nobody can see them.

1 Week Ago
by waffles187 Go to last post
12 431
Help

How to make stone/forests

so i have been working on this map for almost 2 days now, and i just need models for rocks and trees. because i cant find any and dont know how to install them into Hammer please help

1 Week Ago
by taz0 Go to last post
6 420
TV

Facepunch Mapper's/Modder's Google Hangout v1 ( 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last )

Gonna update this thread on every time there's a hangout in progress. Of course it's not strictly just for mapping so modellers and other modders are welcome alike. Current one:...

1 Week Ago
by Lamarr Go to last post
350 17,248
Release

VMF Release of almost all the maps I did

http://ocmapdb.wdfiles.com/local--files/map:snowstorm/1 http://ocmapdb.wdfiles.com/local--files/map:vicarious-traumatization/oc_vicarioustrauma_01-7.png http://ocmapdb.wdfiles.com/local--files/map:neolobby/oc_neolobby0002.png...

1 Week Ago
by Maestro Fenix Go to last post
0 364
Help

How to resize whole map

I was working on a dakrp map but when i restart my comptuer the map somehow got too big. Now it exceeds hammer's limits and half of the map doesnt show up in game. 10th September 2016 Here is a picture

2 Weeks Ago
by Zovox Go to last post
6 407
Map

rp east coast ( 2 Last )

http://i.imgur.com/yHcw3Wt.jpg Hello everyone. I have finally finished this wip. Description and pics are in workshop so I felt it's unnecessary to copy them here....

2 Weeks Ago
by cpone Go to last post
56 4,856
Help

Ambient Sounds

Currently I am in the process of making a RP map that has some spooky aspects to it (Or atleast I want it to) and I was wondering, can you assign a ambient sound to only a CERTAIN area of a map? (if your actually interested its a SCPRP map)

2 Weeks Ago
by Callinstead Go to last post
2 232
Help

Map-Spawned NPCs don't care about the player.

Hello Garry's Mod mapping community! As an experienced mapper who loves to push hammer to it's limits, I've decided to test some new map ideas to put my skills to the test and get even better... Part of this involved NPC pathing and navigation, as well...

2 Weeks Ago
by Rory Go to last post
0 219
Map

Blue Shift maps part 1.

Well to celebrate the release of Sven Coop on steam I decided I might as well release my crap too. In the past few years I have been working in porting Half-Life expansion maps. Anyone here who has decompiled a Gldsrc map knows how much of a pain in the...

2 Weeks Ago
by bitran Go to last post
22 1,407
Help

How do YOU make a catwalk/walkway around the outside of a building?

Short of creating custom models there really are no good modular pieces of making a good looking catwalk around the outside of a building/around it's corners. It's easily done with brushes yes, and can be made to look okay, but with all the fancy models...

2 Weeks Ago
1 310
Question

Mapper/Leveldesigner as a real job?

Howdy all, Sorry in case itīs a stupid question. But I am asking myself a long time if people do this as a real job? I did it in the past only as a kind of hobby. I thought maybe thereīs a chance to make it as my job.. But itīs really hard to...

hm^
2 Weeks Ago
by t3hPoundcake Go to last post
15 1,298
Release

Gnampf's small-yet-alright European neighborhood collection

So yeah, after a long while and finally figuring out how packrat works, I decided to make some of my European-themed maps available to you guys. I made these two for an SFM series that never really got anywhere, nor did I really use any of the maps for...

2 Weeks Ago
by gnampf Go to last post
6 546
Question
2 Weeks Ago
5 339
Science

Unofficial Facepunch Mapping Section SERVER

So I just rented a 20 slot server. Its gonna be running rp_lyolux and darkrp by default. :dig: , BUT Apart from this joke, I'd like to help people who need to test their maps. You yourself have to actually find people who will be willing to test the...

2 Weeks Ago
by the revenant Go to last post
17 709
Map

How to deal with custom surfaceprops?

Hello, I have been porting a map to Half-Life 2: Deathmatch recently, during compile it states out the following errors: Can't find surfaceprop stone for material DE_TIDES/TIDES_FLOOR_COBBLE_1, using default Can't find surfaceprop sheetrock for...

2 Weeks Ago
by Humam Go to last post
2 313
Help

Map failing to Run

For some reason Hammer is failing to compile my map in it's entirety. Some things not being added like lights and stuff. (Yes, it is a version of EvoCity...

2 Weeks Ago
by Jcw87 Go to last post
15 605
Stupid

How do you collab on maps?

Me and my friend want to collab on a map but we aren't sure how to do it, do you take turns or what happens?

2 Weeks Ago
by glitchvid Go to last post
5 388
Help

VBCT seems to not like my GameConfig.txt

Trying to work out how to use VBCT since it'd suit me really nicely starting to work on some larger maps that're taking about 6mins total in editor for a full compile. So taking a bit longer and still being able to use my pc in that tie would be awesome....

2 Weeks Ago
by Maclman Go to last post
9 368
Help

area that deletes props and respawns charater

how to make area area that deletes props and respawns charater i am going to make them sepret but how?

2 Weeks Ago
5 348
Beta

gm_susquehanna ( 2 Last )

Sup ladies and germs. I haven't had much mapping time since gm_upstatespeedway and had been itching to make an all-purpose vehicle testing map, but I feel like this is growing into something more. ...

Xanadu Thread has images Mapping King x 36
2 Weeks Ago
by arzofire Go to last post
64 8,160
Question

What makes a good Roleplay map? Specifically, Gmod RP

Me and my friend are sitting here chatting about collaborating on an RP map, and with all our past projects that have gone uncompleted and forgotten I thought it would be a good idea to get my brain flowing in the right direction and start a discussion...

2 Weeks Ago
by Stiffy360 Go to last post
2 316
Work In Progress

[WIP] Working on impossible geometry in Gmod

So it's all kind of rough right now, but it's meant to be a simple demonstration of impossible geometry using some clever LUA. Aiming for a sort of space-build style map, but it has much more expansive interiors with the use of lua portals.

2 Weeks Ago
11 516
Map

rp_lyolux ( 2 3 4 Last )

Hello there everyone I would just like to showcase my roleplaying map rp_lyolux. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=612117232 <---------- Link for map is right here! This map here includes the following: * Houses * Stores *...

2 Weeks Ago
152 7,351
Release

rp_REbangclaw (v1, v2d_lite, v2d)

Hi! I would like you to show off your work and that you appreciated / help my first work on hammer: rp_REbangclaw_v1 Very small edit, new mini-area, edit police and mayor structure, in fact, this is the usual bangclaw Workshop:...

2 Weeks Ago
by Jlx7 Go to last post
30 3,310
Question

displacement floor texture issue

So I have sorta just gotten into displacement and I was wondering if there is a way to remove the checkered pattern in these two textures.

2 Weeks Ago
1 228
Help

So I got this when I tried to run a map I edited

** Executing... ** Command: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\bin\vbsp.exe" ** Parameters: -game "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Half-Life 2\episodic" "C:\HammerAutosave\rp_nc_city8_v2d3_002.vmf" Valve Software...

2 Weeks Ago
by taz0 Go to last post
9 332
Map

Map wont load.

god dammit, i wrote a long ass post on this and it security checked me and i lost it cause the page wont load. thanks obama. anways, lets start with this. i made a big ass map and i think its too big for sources tiny little asshole. and also, i know most...

2 Weeks Ago
6 306
Help

Leak through solid wall?

So I have a leak in my map that goes straight through a solid wall, and its not a brush, and I tried to remove it and place a new one. Nothing works, I have googled for about 30 minutes now but I cant find a fix. It is not a brush and there is nothing...

2 Weeks Ago
16 543
Help

Decompiled Map, no models

There is a map called outset island out there, made for team fortress 2. There is already a port for gmod, but I want to make it work in ttt. I already made a few maps in hammer, so I dont need help there. However after decompiling a lot, extracting...

2 Weeks Ago
by Dennis000903 Go to last post
4 277
Map

TurtleeyFP VMF Release

I decided to upload some of my old VMFs in case anyone wants to reuse them, a lot of them are close to being finished and I've gotten a few requests. These are just the ones I think are worth continuing - they stretch from 2011 to now, so fair warning, I...

2 Weeks Ago
25 1,500
Help

Grid when close to skybox

So I was playing on some awesome map in gmod and noticed that when u got close to edge of map, a green grid showed up, how do I do this?

2 Weeks Ago
by Jcw87 Go to last post
1 244
Work In Progress

[WIP/Reveal]_GM_The_Man_Eater_(World_Peace_Mission) ( 2 Last )

Welcome to the WIP/Announcement thread for the highly anticipated HD re-release and re-telling of the original (and classic) GM_The_Man_Eater saga. I am not looking for feedback, this project has been in the works for the past year. This map is my most...

2 Weeks Ago
by AeonCastle Go to last post
66 3,039
Request

Looking for a Map Maker

So I need someone who can make a map (you will be paid, but we'll have to discuss pricing after you read the details of what I need.) It's pretty simple really. I'm making a HaloRP (I know it's pretty dead atm) server, and I need someone who can make some...

2 Weeks Ago
by Molten Go to last post
6 374
Map

NPC_Metropolice hitting no one but me

Hello, i've been trying to create a map with some NPC_Metropolice guarding some area So i've put a Metropolice, named it "Cop1", added a "ai_goal_police" named "Cop1Police" (tried the target : !player, player, etc..) With that i've added a env_global...

2 Weeks Ago
2 309
Help

Spawn NPCs on the press of a button

Well, the title pretty much sums it up. But have a few questions. I would pretty much would like to know how to add custom npc's and make them spawnable by the press of a button. I've tried so many things but have failed. If anyone can link me some...

2 Weeks Ago
3 254
Help

compling error

when i comply my map it looks weird what i should do

3 Weeks Ago
20 305
Question

Invisible walk through func_button

So I want to make the func_button (its the invis texture in the pic) invisible and able to walk through it. The door is rather intricate and I have to have func_button in the door frame.

3 Weeks Ago
by AGoose Go to last post
6 271
Work In Progress

Looking for some map decorators/embellishments

Hi all, I've been working on a game mode called Space Race, it's basically a team-based space adventure game. 85% of the mapping work is complete, I'm just really looking to flesh things out a bit in a few sections. Here's a few screens of the...

3 Weeks Ago
by meowximum Go to last post
0 227
Help

Transmissions: Element 120 maps in Garry's Mod

As many of you know, the source code for Transmissions: Element 120 was recently released for free on Steam. Shokunin, the mod's creator, clearly put a ton of effort into his project and the overall quality is frankly staggering. The environments feature...

3 Weeks Ago
by mcharest Go to last post
7 433
Help

how to find location using cordinates

how to find location using cordinates -2430.9 4737.0 -171.0 so i need spesific details

3 Weeks Ago
by Firegod522 Go to last post
1 191
Help

crabbing all thinks same time

how to crab everything at once clicking takes too much time

3 Weeks Ago
by RasmusG5 Go to last post
2 213
Question

Locating specific map textures

So I was wondering if there is a fast way to acquire all the VTF's and VMF's that are used in this map that aren't in the base hammer editor. I assume they are stalker textures. ...

3 Weeks Ago
by AGoose Go to last post
3 242