1. Post #1
    Wingless is awesome. Also, View my site
    February 2010
    5,836 Posts
    http://lm.pcworld.com/t/1177316/38484139/113524/0/

Good and Bad. That has to be MS's new motto.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 24Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    July 2010
    1,170 Posts
    not that bad, its only 10 dollars.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    3,228 Posts
    Microsoft know that they have millions of parent-funded 10 year olds using Xbox Live that'll keep begging their mums for money no matter what so they think it's acceptable to raise the price.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    February 2010
    5,836 Posts
    not that bad, its only 10 dollars.
    It's like paying for a game + DLC. A bad one. 59.99
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    We Drop Bows On 'Em
    November 2009
    6,551 Posts
    If I still went on xbox live, this really wouldn't bother me. 2 per month isn't that much and its <1 if you're buying a years worth.

Infact the biggest and crappiest thing about it is trying to cancel your subscription if you paid by card, you MUST call them to do it now and all the instructions otherwise lead you to a dead end :smith:

6. Post #6
    September 2009
    9,647 Posts
    EDIT:
    From November 1st, the annual cost for an Xbox Live Gold membership is rising from $49.99 to $59.99 in the U.S. A three month subscription will in turn jump from $19.99 to $24.99. And a month-to-month subscription? Yep, that's going up a tick too, from $7.99 to $9.99.
    Let's see...

$59.99/12 months = $4.99 a month, 16 cents a day...

How is that expensive?? :confused:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Argentina Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,081 Posts
    It truly only affects the usa.
    All of its prices are going up, everyone elses one months are only changing.

8. Post #8

March 2010
    4,109 Posts
    And now for the PC version: Since the early 90's nearly everything on the PC is free, no fees required except your average monthly bill (Which also includes television and phone for most people) access to unlimited websites and vast amounts of free stuff, the only thing to ever cost on the PC is games and other miscellaneous items no subscription fee is required other than that of certain games. However with the introduction of the "consoles" the PC has suffered a huge blow.

Of idiots that is, the console era is filled with idiots that think they rein supreme other everything in the universe and a major "console war" has developed between the two major rivals, Xbox and Playstation.

The two consoles have been going at it for years and until now the one definitive moment for deciding which console is best has come, neither.

That's right - none of them are the best at everything however if you want to go for the cheapest and most recession "proof" gaming console you'll want to go for Sony's PS3 as it doesn't charge you additional fees unlike the Xbox, the choice might not be as wide but is certainly worth it, both consoles have similarly priced games and accessories but the decisive one of them all? Online play.

However if you want to go for a truly unique experience with technology far surpassing any of the current "next gen consoles" - the PC is the way forward, with it's superb graphics and brilliant support from some of the best developers around - not to mention indie games and digital download you'll 1) never lose a game (Unless you lose a password) and 2) Never have to leave your house for a game!

I seriously don't know what I just wrote.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,201 Posts
    While I don't approve of starting flame wars, I do approve of the argument that you have to have a somewhat diminished intelligence to pay a subscription fee for a game that's free on the PC.

10. Post #10
    August 2010
    1,836 Posts
    Let's see...

$59.99/12 months = $4.99 a day...

$59.99 per year 12 months = $4.99 per month

$4.99 per month 30 days (average) = 16 per day

Also you can usually get 13 months for the price of 12, or get significant discounts on Xbox Live cards.

Edited:

I find that people who argue about platform superiority invariably have tiny penises.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11

March 2010
    4,109 Posts

I find that people who argue about platform superiority invariably have tiny penises.
    Okay Mr. analrapist
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

12. Post #12
    September 2009
    9,647 Posts
    $59.99 per year 12 months = $4.99 per month

$4.99 per month 30 days (average) = 16 per day

Also you can usually get 13 months for the price of 12, or get significant discounts on Xbox Live cards.
    Oh crap, THAT's what I meant, thx!

I insist, 16 cents a day does NOT sound expensive at all to me...

13. Post #13
    August 2010
    1,836 Posts
    Okay Mr. analrapist
    Ok Mr. Never Watched Arrested Development
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    December 2009
    88 Posts
    I'm fine with it since as far as we know only the single month cost has gone up for the UK, I usually buy a 13 month card and I normally use any money on my GAME reward card to reduce the cost even further.

15. Post #15
    June 2009
    675 Posts
    Okay Mr. analrapist
    You need a big penis to rape someone, as rape normally causes injuries.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,788 Posts
    Microsoft can suck my cock, I'm sick of having to fucking pay for everything, the privilege of going online when other consoles offer it free. It's fucking insane, I have to pay to get insulted by some stupid child just off the tit. And what the fuck do they think you can do with an extra fucking penny? 60 is 60 no matter what fucking way you put it, shaving a penny off doesn't make it not round up to 60. I swear to God I have no intention of buying another subscription, I'm gonna wait till my subscription runs out and play offline or on the PS3, it's not like I'll miss the community anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    August 2010
    46 Posts
    This makes me want to end my membership and change to PS3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,996 Posts
    Oh crap, THAT's what I meant, thx!

I insist, 16 cents a day does NOT sound expensive at all to me...
    It isn't, its more the fact that you are paying them money for what is given for free on other consoles (or the PC). You're willingly supporting them raising prices, even though they pay next to nothing for your online services.

19. Post #19
    July 2009
    961 Posts
    There's already a thread about this.
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=994131
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    997 Posts
    Money

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,439 Posts
    While I don't approve of starting flame wars, I do approve of the argument that you have to have a somewhat diminished intelligence to pay a subscription fee for a game that's free on the PC.
    Because some games are exclusive and many of us don't have a decent rig.

I'm still pissed that Microsoft would do this though, it really is unnecessary because they already make so much money.

Just look at DollarBill Gates and his billionare status...

22. Post #22
    February 2009
    728 Posts
    its like as if Microsoft WANTS people to get a PS3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2007
    2,686 Posts
    it's funny how people say: It's just like 50 bucks a year.

for that money i could buy 2 PC games or a new game for my PS3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #24
    June 2010
    3,156 Posts
    This is why I moved to steam's services.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    October 2009
    8,973 Posts
    This is actually making me consider stopping my subscription. I mean, multiplayer is probably the only reason I have X-Box Live Gold. And even so, I rarely play it. Like, what, once a month I'll play Grand Theft Auto online? Use the party system? The only "premium content" I use is the game demos. And even so, that's not really worth the money.

The only thing refraining me from going to a PlayStaion is that they discontinued backwards-compatibility, and the very few X-Box 360 exclusive multiplayer games. (Like Gears of War, and Left 4 Dead. I don't have a gaming rig. Sue me.)

26. Post #26
    Fuck, the only reason I still have XBL is for BlazBlue, Street Fighter, and the odd XBLA game here and there. Too bad neither BB or SSF are available on PC...

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    April 2005
    6,599 Posts
    fuck off microsoft

28. Post #28
    February 2010
    5,836 Posts
    fuck off microsoft
    Okay Sony, add a subscription fee to No Gamez Station Network...

Fuck off Microsoft

lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

29. Post #29
    >implications unpleasant
    June 2008
    10,856 Posts
    Okay Sony, add a subscription fee to No Gamez Station Network...

Fuck off Microsoft

lol
    There's a reason you get banned so much. And apparently you never learn your lesson.

What I am trying to say is, get out. You are just trying to start a flame war with your 4 year old jokes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,599 Posts
    http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archi...-November.aspx
    Game Informer posted:
    Nelson encourages users to lock in a significantly discounted price before the increase is implemented in November. - http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/pricelock/default.htm
    You can always do that. Question is, do I have to manually do that, or will it apply automatically? I ask because my subscription is going to renew in September.

31. Post #31
    September 2009
    424 Posts

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,248 Posts
    Microsoft can suck my cock, I'm sick of having to fucking pay for everything, the privilege of going online when other consoles offer it free. It's fucking insane, I have to pay to get insulted by some stupid child just off the tit. And what the fuck do they think you can do with an extra fucking penny? 60 is 60 no matter what fucking way you put it, shaving a penny off doesn't make it not round up to 60. I swear to God I have no intention of buying another subscription, I'm gonna wait till my subscription runs out and play offline or on the PS3, it's not like I'll miss the community anyway.
    Uhh the 60 price is only for America. The only price increase the UK is getting is for the 1 month.

33. Post #33
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,842 Posts
    Cancled my membership as soon as I heard. It was hardly worth the old price, and they have added just about nothing new. I can't understand how features like netflix, Last.fm, and twitter, which is free everywhere else, warrent an increase. These types of improvements are what any good company would do for free, to keep their customers happy, I guess MS just needs a bigger incentive to be a good company.

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    9,009 Posts
    EDIT:

Let's see...

$59.99/12 months = $4.99 a month, 16 cents a day...

The fact that they're charging even more for something that should be free in the first place is silly.

35. Post #35
    May 2010
    1,301 Posts
    Ok Mr. Never Watched Arrested Development
    WHY DID THE CANCEL IT!? :argh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    928 Posts
    I barley play xbox. Even that I barley play it online. I guess November 1st I cancel my subscription
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    February 2010
    5,836 Posts
    I have a subscription, but I'm not ever going to buy the 12 month card ever again. Micro$oft's gone too far. :Dawkins102:

38. Post #38
    August 2010
    12 Posts
    In the Netherlands the prices don't go up. Here it always been 60,- a year

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    832 Posts
    Would cancel my subscription, but then what would I do with my 20+ games?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    July 2009
    1,201 Posts
    Would cancel my subscription, but then what would I do with my 20+ games?
    Sell them.