1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,878 Posts
    WAC Aircraft

This pack contains realistic (hopefully) aircraft which can be controlled by keyboard, mouse and joystick (if you happen to find the joystick module).
    Currently it contains these vehicles:

- AH-1Z Viper
    Attack helicopter with Hydra rockets, Hellfire missiles and 20mm machine gun
    - AH-6 Little Bird
    Small surveillance and attack helicopter, equipped with Hydra rockets and two gatling guns
    - MH-6 Little Bird
    Same as the AH-6 but without weapons
    - Mi-28
    Russian attack helicopter with rockets, laser-guided missiles and a 30mm cannon
    - UH-60
    General purpose transport helicopter
    - Cessna 172 Skyhawk
    The most-produced plane in the world.

This is part of WAC (Weltensturm's Addon Compilation), the main thread for it can be found here:
    http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=981054

Controls
    R starts the engine, the rest can be found in Q-Menu/Options/WAC Aircraft.

BUGS
    I've heard of games crashing when spawning the Black Hawk, but I've never been able to reproduce it.
    If you want to report a bug, please create a post in this thread and specify what went wrong, and include complete Lua errors when possible.

Media

Download
    Workshop
    GitHub

To use the joystick, you need the Joystick Module. (Broken in GMod 13)

To Developers
    I would appreciate it if you don't call your helicopters WAC, since they're not included in WeltEnSTurm's Addon Compilation.
    Just call them 'for WAC' or something, this would avoid people complaining about me while using stuff not made by me.

Credits
    StarChick for porting BF2 models
    Henner for testing in early-alpha stages
    Nutcake for testing
    Flyboi for inspiration and porting the A/MH-6 models
    SentryGunMan for polishing the Viper

Support
    I'm doing this in my spare time, mostly as a hobby and because I love flying.
    If you enjoy these and want me to keep developing, I'd appreciate a small donation.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Austria Show Events Lua King x 87Winner x 10Artistic x 5Dumb x 5Useful x 4Lua Helper x 2Friendly x 2Zing x 1Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    1,537 Posts
    I like it. Very Battlefield 2-esque.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 22Funny Funny x 2Useful Useful x 1Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,878 Posts
    Thanks. =)

If anybody notices, the rotor textures are missing. Reuploading right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Austria Show Events Useful Useful x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Otherworldy Aviation Enthusiast
    May 2007
    663 Posts
    This thing is incredibly fun to fly, glad I could be of assistance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,878 Posts
    Thank you. For the model and everything. :DD

Also, it's up again! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Austria Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    November 2009
    156 Posts
    dude i can't start it i don'T know but it dont start i have download all thing but it dont work
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,878 Posts
    Any lua errors? When spawning, or when spawning the heli? Many people seem to have this problem, I have no idea what causes it. I think it's an addon that doesn't like helicopters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Austria Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    November 2009
    156 Posts
    no i go inside the heli but when i press r then they dont start
    i have no idea no error nothing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    March 2010
    100 Posts
    This is great, but ever since I installed WAC, my game has been autosaving multiple times. Does anyone know how to prevent this?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    Great little helicopter to fly around in, although i'm still not 100% good on the controls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Qatar Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,878 Posts
    This is great, but ever since I installed WAC, my game has been autosaving multiple times. Does anyone know how to prevent this?
    Utilities/WAC/Miscellaneous/Autosave Time 0
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Austria Show Events Informative Informative x 4 (list)

12. Post #12
    February 2009
    29 Posts
    no i go inside the heli but when i press r then they dont start
    i have no idea no error nothing
    Do you have VU-MOD installed? It screws up wire advanced pod controller as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    2,023 Posts
    Hello , i have the same probleme , i press r , nothing happens , i have to go into console and do +reload , and the -reload , if anyone could help , thanks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply France Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    March 2010
    51 Posts
    please look into your PM, and say me what are you thing about

15. Post #15
    June 2010
    2 Posts
    Every time I go into singleplayer my Q menu is always all scrunched up in the top left corner and it's always open. When I removed WAC Base it worked fine but the heli wouldn't work. So could I get some help please?

Edit: also I got rid of everything in the wac base that didn't have to do with the heli and that didn't work eiher

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,878 Posts
    Did you download the SVN? I fixed that yesterday, update. And don't forget to delete everything before you do.

17. Post #17
    June 2010
    2 Posts
    Did you download the SVN? I fixed that yesterday, update. And don't forget to delete everything before you do.
    Oh yeah, I was about to do that. Thanks ;3

18. Post #18
    December 2006
    33 Posts
    It won't lift off the ground :[. It just sits there and doesn't move...

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,714 Posts
    Yeah, having the same problem.

20. Post #20
    I'M AN AUSSIE FAGGOT
    December 2008
    26,094 Posts
    Ha ha ha, this is pretty fun. I welded bombs to drop onto the thing.

I was kicked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    December 2009
    89 Posts
    Mouse doesn't invert =| otherwise it's great!

22. Post #22
    Dennab
    June 2010
    1,870 Posts
    I'm surprised no one is commenting on how ridiculously professional this looks. :geno:

Absolutely fantastic work WeltEnSTurm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,922 Posts
    Work with Hoffa.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #24
    February 2008
    526 Posts
    I think this is the most realistic helicopter I've ever seen in a fps game.

The only problems I've had with it is reload doesn't work for start so I changed it to walk and sometimes the screen doesn't lock in place when I start it so I have to start it a couple times to make it locked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Flubascrub
    August 2009
    10,532 Posts
    Work with Hoffa.
    Yes! But Welt is probably focusing on his wac pack.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,878 Posts
    Mouse doesn't invert =| otherwise it's great!
    Sorry, it swaps yaw with roll. Will add options to invert pitch/yaw/roll.

Edited:

I think this is the most realistic helicopter I've ever seen in a fps game.

The only problems I've had with it is reload doesn't work for start so I changed it to walk and sometimes the screen doesn't lock in place when I start it so I have to start it a couple times to make it locked.
    Thank you. :3

Tried putting start to space? That way it doesn't conflict with the camera key.

Also, if somebody finds out what addon breaks the reload-key, could you please tell me?

Edited:

And I have no idea why it doesn't fully start D:
    My bet there is an addon that messes with physics. Or maybe, it doesn't work for people without the weight stool?

27. Post #27
    February 2009
    29 Posts
    Also, if somebody finds out what addon breaks the reload-key, could you please tell me?
    As I said, I think it is related to VU-MOD (Vehicle-Upgrade).
    I remember when it was installed for me and the 'R' key in wire advanced pod controller didn't work. I guess it's because the VU-MOD uses it as the horn key, so everytime you are in a vehicle and you press 'R' it isn't 'RELOAD'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Hungary Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,878 Posts
    As I said, I think it is related to VU-MOD (Vehicle-Upgrade).
    I remember when it was installed for me and the 'R' key in wire advanced pod controller didn't work. I guess it's because the VU-MOD uses it as the horn key, so everytime you are in a vehicle and you press 'R' it isn't 'RELOAD'.
    Oh, didn't see that. Thank you. Will add it to the OP as soon as I upload the new version. :3

Edited:

This will take a while.

29. Post #29
    December 2006
    33 Posts
    And I have no idea why it doesn't fully start D:
    My bet there is an addon that messes with physics. Or maybe, it doesn't work for people without the weight stool?
    I had a fresh install of Garry's Mod and tried but still didn't fly. Just downloaded the weight stool and tried but nothing.

[EDIT]
    Here is where the power stops.
    http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/3021/sadfaces.jpg

30. Post #30
    April 2010
    2,662 Posts
    When it starts for me it just tips over to the right or doesn't take off. I downloaded the full WAC SVN.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    2,922 Posts
    I don't like how it leads to easily. Is there a way to make it act like the helicopters in GTA4? =E

32. Post #32
    April 2010
    2,662 Posts
    Yeah, uh for some reason for me itj ust keeps tilting to the right even after weight stooling it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    June 2010
    28 Posts
    is there a server where this is on?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Estonia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,878 Posts
    Yay, new version!

35. Post #35
    January 2010
    2,744 Posts
    This thing is a bitch to control.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    December 2006
    33 Posts
    Even with this update it still wont't lift off... I WANT TO FLY THIS SO BAD!!

37. Post #37
    January 2010
    2,744 Posts
    Even with this update it still wont't lift off... I WANT TO FLY THIS SO BAD!!
    Try removing all addons except the WAC stuff to remove any possible conflicting addons and then try. Also, could you make the miniguns more accurate? can hardly hit anything with them now.

38. Post #38
    December 2006
    33 Posts
    Try removing all addons except the WAC stuff to remove any possible conflicting addons and then try.
    I already tried that. I did it with a brand new install of Gmod and only those and it still didn't work.

39. Post #39
    January 2010
    2,744 Posts
    I already tried that. I did it with a brand new install of Gmod and only those and it still didn't work.
    Use the svn pack then?

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,878 Posts
    Lower "RPM Needed" in the menu.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 2Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)