1. Post #1
    July 2009
    1,262 Posts
    When I first heard about mmo games I shit my pants. Cause I'd be able to talk to other people online. I remember the day I went to the library when I was 8 and I saw these 15 year olds playing runescape together. First time I heard about it made me shit bricks.

How did you feel when you heard of mmo?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    March 2010
    7,606 Posts
    Uninterested.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 24Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    April 2010
    2,446 Posts
    I was excited as a mad man in walmart!

Everything sounded so fucking awesome.

Nostalgia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

4. Post #4
    May 2007
    793 Posts
    First MMO I saw was Asheron's Call and I wasn't interested in it.

5. Post #5
    July 2009
    2,158 Posts
    My first was Runescape.

God help me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 21 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    4,533 Posts
    Holy fuck balls awesome

I was too young then

7. Post #7
    sarcastic bastard
    October 2005
    5,117 Posts
    First MMO I saw was Legend of Mir 2 on Game Network and I played it for a good three years or so.

8. Post #8
    August 2008
    1,725 Posts
    "HOLY SHIT! World of Warcraft looks awesome!"

And then I played it. :geno:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,908 Posts
    I was pissed that it cost a monthly subscription and have called them shit ever since.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,240 Posts
    I thought it was boring.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    5,791 Posts
    First MMO I saw was Legend of Mir 2 on Game Network and I played it for a good three years or so.
    haha game network. I saw myth of soma on there and played that for a couple years.

12. Post #12
    July 2007
    222 Posts
    I grew up with parents who had avidly played Ultima Online since its beta, so discovering MMOs wasn't anything special to me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Dennab
    February 2010
    5,925 Posts
    I felt the same way then that I do now. "Interesting, but looks boring."

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,867 Posts
    I played a bit of Runescape and was never interested, then my friend made me buy one of those 14 day trials for WoW. I spent a good few hours exploring Elwynn forest amazed at how fucking huge everything was.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,716 Posts
    The thing I don't like about MMOs is that the fighting isn't so intense, only if you battle with your friends some highly skilled enemies. Still I doesn't appeal to me, because when you're inferior to your enemy there is nearly no chance that you can kill him which isn't the case in other games without the level system.

But that's more of an oppinion. Although a free world full of people walking around is an awesome idea.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Luxembourg Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    March 2010
    5,194 Posts
    "OH MY GOD ANIMU CHARACTER SO KAWAII AND YOU CAN TALK WITH PPL AND DO SOME THINGS IRL AND FIGHT MONSTERS IN SIDESCROOL I WANT TO PLAY IT!!!!!11111111"

That was when I was eight and the game (Maple Story) sucked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Glod Menber
    June 2008
    6,722 Posts
    Runescape was my first MMO, my first impression was that it was pretty damn bad. However after playing it for a bit I started to enjoy it and then continued to play until I just grew out of it. Occasionally I do log in just to see if anything new popped up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,677 Posts
    "Why the hell would you need to pay every month?"
    I still say the same thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    1,908 Posts
    "Why the hell would you need to pay every month?"
    I still say the same thing.
    That's what i keep saying. You don't see valve forcing you to shell out money every month to play TF2 or L4D.

20. Post #20
    November 2009
    644 Posts
    "That game looks like it would be fun but it also has a shitload of other people playing it together so it looks like even more fun now"

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    3,044 Posts
    with the few MMOs I've played it's usually after the tutorial

"so... where do I go now?"

22. Post #22
    ♩♪♫♬
    March 2009
    2,453 Posts
    That's what i keep saying. You don't see valve forcing you to shell out money every month to play TF2 or L4D.
    You don't play with 2000 people at the same time in TF2 or L4D.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    1,326 Posts
    I just remembered when I first played Everquest, the first one. It was exhilarating.

24. Post #24
    ♩♪♫♬
    March 2009
    2,453 Posts
    Runescape was my first MMO, my first impression was that it was pretty damn bad. However after playing it for a bit I started to enjoy it and then continued to play until I just grew out of it. Occasionally I do log in just to see if anything new popped up.
    Pretty much the same for me, I'll pop in, check and see if one of my old buddies from my old schools were on, then log off.

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    4,759 Posts
    At first i went "Wooow incredible!"

and then after wasting my time i was like "Fuck this shit"

And then i went "Oh woooow!"

etc.

I stopped trying.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    April 2008
    16,734 Posts
    I've never actually played an MMO.

27. Post #27
    sarcastic bastard
    October 2005
    5,117 Posts
    haha game network. I saw myth of soma on there and played that for a couple years.
    I played MoS for a few hours until I found myself walking around aimlessly after dropping my only pair of trousers. Didn't much care for it.

28. Post #28
    October 2009
    868 Posts
    Back when Runescape was cool, I tried playing it and was amazed at how I could walk around and practically do anything online with my friends or random people. Everyone at our school played that from 1st to 4th grade, some even longer.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,469 Posts
    Smaller servers, and the fact that Valve gets a percentage of the money when ANY Steam game is bought.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    September 2009
    7,345 Posts
    "Huh, looks interesting.. Wait, what do you mean 'monthly fee'? What is this shit?!"

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,142 Posts
    ^Basically this, also wow was the thing i first heard of, you know, germany and its "ban videogames" populism.

32. Post #32
    June 2010
    627 Posts
    Well, the idea of this seems coo... Well the graphics suck. Well, the gameplay could still be goo... oh no the combat sucks and the quests are copypasted to ridiculous levels.

33. Post #33
    I ROLL THE NICKELS
    October 2008
    18,070 Posts
    I did Maple Story.

34. Post #34
    January 2010
    940 Posts
    I wasn't too excited because I wasn't able to play it on dial-up.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    11,000 Posts
    Saw that one fps console mmo in a store, thought to myself "Why the hell would anyone pay per month to play a game".. Now i've played FFXI, WoW(sadly), and EvE

36. Post #36
    Gold Member

October 2007
    2,318 Posts
    The first MMO I played was Runescape, and at that time I went "Oh wow, cool." Then, after a couple of years of time and money wasted, I quit and tried WoW. Realizing how fucking stupid most MMORPGs are, I quit to play games with actual stories and not repetitive quests where almost every mission is, "Hey you, little bastard, go get me five trillion [item here]s," or, "Hey, go into a dungeon and kill five trillion [name here]s," or, "Go kill [name here]." However, to be honest, quests in Runescape aren't very repetitive at all, and most of them have an actual story in them, which is the one and probably the only advantage of Runescape.

37. Post #37
    June 2010
    27 Posts
    When I first saw my neighbor's brother playing World of Warcraft, I was immediately interested. I started playing that summer and I wasn't disappointed. I've had some great times playing WoW with my friends and people I met online.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,795 Posts
    Good god is this all I do? Hit goblins.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    July 2008
    17,590 Posts
    Subspace :flashfap:

40. Post #40
    ASK ME ABOUT MY FLIES FETISH
    August 2009
    31,548 Posts
    it was WoW

Was all like, holy shit this cool.

Lvl 70 warlock gnome, level 50 dwarf hunter, then got all the other classes to level 10.

Then quit.