1. Post #1
    April 2008
    1,744 Posts
    Has anybody else have portal on there steam even after the free month ends? cause i still have portal and i don't own it. explanation?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 20Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    September 2009
    449 Posts
    It wasn't a temporary event, you get to keep your copy of Portal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    April 2008
    1,744 Posts
    It wasn't a temporary event, you get to keep your copy of Portal.
    oh, well in that case

FUCK YEAH!!!!!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

4. Post #4
    February 2010
    826 Posts
    AND SO ThE PORTAL PROBLEM WAS SOLVED
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 4 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,671 Posts
    I guess you could say....

This was a triumph.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    5,594 Posts
    Temporarily permanent, not permanently temporal

no wait
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    November 2007
    285 Posts
    If you nabbed it when they said it was free, you keep it on your Steam account forever.

Unless you're a dumbass and use hacks in a multiplayer game and get yourself VAC banned, that is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

8. Post #8
    AUTISTIC DOTA WANKER
    June 2006
    7,361 Posts
    If you nabbed it when they said it was free, you keep it on your Steam account forever.

Unless you're a dumbass and use hacks in a multiplayer game and get yourself VAC banned, that is.
    Even then, you can still play it as it's a singleplayer game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    4,092 Posts
    :fuckyeah:

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    14,942 Posts
    why are there still people who do not understand the meaning of the word FREE
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

11. Post #11
    why are there still people who do not understand the meaning of the word FREE
    Skepticism.
    Also the free portal offer is everything from the retail portal MINUS source SDK.
    And can anyone check if free portal enables all steam friends features?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,264 Posts
    Anyone can use steam friends, I believe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,256 Posts
    Free portal is free portal, didn't think you lost any part of its gameness, only change i found was in the account details/transactions bit of store it was shown as free or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,372 Posts
    I think it's just people showing how unbelievable this whole move was. People aren't used to game companies to do such incredibly generous things, so it's only natural they'd be skeptical. I wasn't surprised when I saw valve giving away portal for free, it's not unlike them to do absurdly insane deals, similar to when they sold tf2 for two dollars. It's things like this and the almost daily updates as not only fixes but free content to their games that make me class valve much higher than any other game company.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,248 Posts
    this is sweet. I was wondering how my dad was still playing Portal.

16. Post #16
    Oh no, what have I done!
    November 2007
    21,630 Posts
    Valve is the only company in the history of the entire universe that would do this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    December 2009
    809 Posts
    I think it was a great marketing strategy. Never played portal before. Loved it. Now im going to buy the sequel, they just made money off me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

18. Post #18
    I honestly came in here expecting OP to say "When did this happen?" or something, implying he wasn't there when it was made free
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    2,665 Posts
    Skepticism.
    Also the free portal offer is everything from the retail portal MINUS source SDK.
    It does not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Russian Federation Show Events