1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    7,578 Posts
    http://store.steampowered.com/search/?term=guide
    All on the top.

What do you think about this?

Sorry if it was already posted, I didn't see any threads about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Late Late x 6 (list)

2. Post #2

May 2010
    1 Posts
    I personally think it's kinda redundant. To use said guides, I need to either print or alt-tab out of the game I'm playing. If I were to print it, I may as well just buy it from the local bookstore. My prefered method would be to open it on my other computer, but seeing as it's linked to my steam account (Which I'm playing the game on), I can't access it on that pc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,205 Posts
    You have a webbrowser in the Steam Overlay.

You don't need any guides when you have the internet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,842 Posts
    Left 4 Dead 2 Prima Official Strategy Guide, ahahahaha.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    December 2009
    1,394 Posts
    You have a webbrowser in the Steam Overlay.

You don't need any guides when you have the internet.
    This is very true, but sometimes it's just nice to have an official game guide, they go really in-depth and are kinda nice to have, hell I still have ones hanging around that I used for MGS1, Pokemon and Finaly Fantasy games I played when I was a kid.

That said, part of the 'niceness' (I made that word up, go me) of having a guide is actually HAVING a guide. A physical copy you can flick through. It's kinda lost if you have to download it and use the steam overlay :\

But yeah, it'd be useless to buy a game guide for games if they have a decent wikia article or something, like fallout 3 of an elder scrolls game.

Ah well, variety is the spice of life and it's kinda cool that steam are branching out, I suppose.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,380 Posts
    In a world that is lateyears away, a gold member called johanz posts 5-day-old news in a forum full of people who already know.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    3,077 Posts
    Left 4 Dead 2 Prima Official Strategy Guide, ahahahaha.
    "TAAAAAAAAAAAAAANK"

Oh shit oh shit, let me pull up the prima overlay so I can figure out what to-lajflsldfjs
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    CD drives eject stuff, my ass ejects stuff, therefore my ass must be a CD drive.
    July 2009
    4,592 Posts
    They're bloody expensive, for a digital copy they should be like $2.50, and you should be able to access them in the overlay.

Failed idea, I feel sorry for the plebs that buy them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)