1. Post #1
    Gold Member

September 2007
    4,144 Posts
    I've made this thread because of how much I love the 2 movies, and I want to share them with you, and possibly introduce them to you. Below, I've written out the plot and some information about the directors and the series, I'd like it if you discussed your views on the movies below. Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy these movies as much as I did

The Alien series is a very well known sci-fi movie series. If not well known in general, probably well known within the Genre. There are a total of 4 movies in the series, Alien (1979), Aliens (1986), Alien 3 (1992), and Alien Resurrection (1997). Of the 4, Alien and Aliens are the most well received, which is why I won't waste my time in making essays about them (unless you REALLY want me to :( )

It all started when Director Ridley Scott (his films include The Duellists (1977), Alien (1979) (duh), Blade Runner (1982), Thelma & Louise (1991), 1492: Conquest of Paradise (1992), Gladiator (2000), Hannibal (2001), Black Hawk Down (2001), Matchstick Men (2003), Kingdom of Heaven (2005), American Gangster (2007), and Body of Lies (2009)) made the film
    Alien

Critical Reception: The Film has served as a staple of good Sci-fi movies, and was and still is very well received. 97% on Rotten Tomatoes, the negative reviews are awful, so lets just give it 100%.
    Plot: Alien starts off showing a giant spaceship (An apparent mining ship) apparently heading back to Earth after a mining mission (assumably). When a distress signal from a derelict spacecraft caught the attention of the ship, and the ship rerouted its course to the planet. All of this happening while the crew members were in cryostasis. Upon getting the distress signal, the ship awakens the crew members, and they are quite angry that they have to go check out this signal. When they get there, the entire crew (I think?) gets in to the Nostromo (apparently that's the name of the thing hauling the big mining refinery) and land on the planet, things go wrong on landing, some damage to the ship is sustained. Captain Dallas (Tom Skerritt), Officer Kane (John Hurt), and Lambert (Veronica Cartwright) all go out to go investigate the ship, while Ripley (Sigourney Weaver), Ash (Ian Holm), Brett (Harry Dean Stanton), and Parker (Yaphet Kotto) stay back to monitor their progress and fix the ship. When they get into the ship they see a large alien corpse, with a hole in its chest. Meanwhile Ripley discovers that the "distress signal" isn't a distress signal at all, it is in fact a warning, telling nearby ships to not come near it. Meanwhile, Kane falls into an egg pit, and is attacked by the creature inside. And then Dallas and Lambert take the poor Kane back to the ship. Ripley did NOT want to let them in, stressing that they could carry an infection, she even ignored Dallas (who outranks her). Regardless of regulation, Ash lets them in. And Ripley is angry. They take poor Kane to the infirmary and try to remove the creature, but they discover that if they were to do that, he would die as the creature feeds him oxygen. They try to cut it off, but when they do its blood spurts out. Its blood is insanely acidic, and it burns through 3 (or so?) floors of the Nostromo. Eventually the creature detaches on its own and is found dead. Kane seems fine, so they all eat food...When Kane starts feeling sick, and then some sort of creature (Chestburster) comes out of his chest, killing him. It was able to get away, and Kane was obviously dead. Since the ship lacks conventional weapons, they have to go find the alien creature with flamethrowers, motion trackers , and electric prods. While they are looking Brett follows Jones, the crew's cat, trying to get him. While looking for Jones, he is attacked, and killed by the alien, who has apparently grown from the size of a small cat into the size greater than that of the average man in very little time. Obviously the crew is fucking scared, and they HAVE to kill it, so Dallas volunteers to try and lead the alien into an airlock. While doing this, he has a motion tracker and a flamethrower. He seems to have lost the Alien's location on his tracker, but it was in fact right on top of him. He is attacked and killed, and that's another casualty. Lambert (if you didn't notice by her actress's name, is a girl) stresses that they try and escape in the escape pod. But Ripley, who is now in command tells her that it won't be able to support 4 people. Using the ships computer, Ripley discovers that Ash was ordered to bring the Alien back to their corporate employers, with the order including that the crew is expendable. Ash attacks her, and Parker intervenes, hitting his nearly clean off, revealing that he is in fact an android. He predicts that the crew members will not survive, and Parker then incinerates him. The remaining 3 crew members, Ripley, Parker, and Lambert all plan to set off the ship's self destruct and escape in the escape pod. Parker AND Lambert are both killed while gathering the necessary supplies (assumably for the trip?) and Ripley has no choice but to set off the Self Destruct. She has 10 minutes to leave, and when she gets to the escape pod, the Alien is blocking her way. She tries to deactivate the self destruct, but the time limit for deactivating self destruct had JUST ran out (like 10 seconds before she could end it). She then realizes that the Alien is nowhere in site, so she narrowly escapes, and the ship blows up in a massive explosion. Thinking the alien is dead, Ripley prepares for Cryostasis (did I mention the cat is with her). But no, the Alien was in fact hiding in some pipes on the pod, seeing as how his color and headshape blend in perfectly with the pipe. She opens up the escape pod door, and due to explosive decompression, the alien flies into the door, holding on but just barely, and then Ripley shoots it with a grappling hook, and it flies out into the thruster. She promptly incinerates the Alien...And she then drifts off into space, safe, with only her cat.

Aliens is probably the most well received of the series (And my personal favorite movie of all time), director James Cameron directed it (Terminator 1, Terminator 2, Titanic, and Avatar)

Critical Reception: Very high, it has 100% on popular movie rating website Rotten Tomatoes
    Plot: Ripley, our main character from the last character, has been drifting through space in her escape pod for 57 years in hypersleep, when a Salvage team happens to come across her (what are the chances in space?). She is brought to a space hospital, experiencing bad dreams all the time. She is called in front of a board of executives from her employer, Weyland-Yutani Corporation. And her story about the Alien is met with a lot of skepticism (obviously, they have never seen an alien throughout all space), she has her pilots license revoked, and tells them to go look on the planet. Turns out, they've already terraformed the planet (Now called LV-426), with an entire colony living there, with apparently breathable air (as opposed to before, with no breathable air). At some point she is called by Weyland-Yutani representative Carter Burke (Paul Reiser) and Lieutenant Gorman (William Hope) telling Ripley that they have lost contact with LV-426, stating that it could possibly be a problem, and that they would like her there as an advisor. Carter offers to give her back her piloting license, and she agrees to go. She is put into stasis on a military ship, on its way to LV-426, and like the opening scene of Alien, they all awaken when they are close enough to their destination. Sergeant Apone (Al Matthews), Corporal Hicks (Michael Biehn), Privates Vasquez (Jenette Goldstein) and Hudson (Bill Paxton), and the android Bishop (Lance Henriksen), she initially acts very rude to Bishop, because of her past experiences with androids, telling him to stay away from her. They take a dropship down to LV-426, and find that the colony and all its inhabitants are gone, and there is seemingly some battle scars in the halls. They also find, 2 live Facehuggers in tubes, and Bishop wants to research the research taken by the scientists at the colony. They also find a traumatized young girl that calls herself Newt (Carrie Henn). Using the locators on all the colonists, they find they are all huddled floors under a nuclear-powered atmosphere processing station. There they find the cocooned and mostly dead colonists. They find a live colonist, that then births an alien, and she is promptly incinerated, causing the hive to go crazy, and start killing most of the unit. Ripley rescues Hicks, Vasquez, and Hudson in the big truck thing they use to get around. They then call for the dropship so they can try to get out of there but an alien was onboard, and killed the pilot and co-pilot in mid-flight, causing it to crash and be destroyed. They then go try and hold up within a building, and learn that their battle under the atmosphere-processor disrupted it, and the entire station will blow up with the force of 50 megatons. So now they have a time limit, so they plan on remote controlling a dropship from the Sulaco (the big military ship I mentioned earlier but didn't give a name). Ripley again discovers another conspiracy (again referring to Ash from Alien) involving Carter Burke, he ordered some colonists to investigate the derelict spaceship, getting them impregnanted, and ending up killing the entire colony. His new plan was to try and get Newt and Ripley impregnanted by putting 2 facehuggers in their room while they're sleeping, and bringing them back to the company but Hudson, Hicks, and Vasquez are able to save them, and they obviously get really pissed off at Burke. But while they're arguing Aliens start attacking, and their 2 sentries expend most of their ammo keeping them away...But then they retreat. They think they're safe, but when their motion sensors go off, they freak out, and when the motion sensors show that they should be in the room, they look up in the ceiling, and see many aliens crawling their way towards them from the ceiling. A big fight ensues, Burke is killed when cowardly running away from the fight, Hudson is killed because he was being pretty damn cocky, and Gorman, Ripley, Newt, Hicks and Vasquez all run through the vents trying to get away. Then Vasquez and Gorman are surrounded, so they blow themselves up, trying to kill as many as they can. The explosion causes Newt to fall down the vents, and she is then captured by the aliens, not killed, because they plan to impregnate her. Ripley and Hicks get in an elevator, trying to escape, but it doesn't work immediately. They are attacked for a little bit, and blood from the single alien gets on Hicks's armor, burning the armor and some of his skin. From this point on he is useless, Ripley and He get back to the ship Bishop had gotten for them, and she insists that he bring her to the hive, so she can go save Newt. He does, reluctantly, promising that he'll be back for her. She finds Newt, and she also finds a massive alien, the Queen, the Queen is attached to a big egg laying thing, and Ripley destroys the eggs around her in the Queen's room, and also hurts her egg laying thing. The Queen detaches from the egg laying thing and chases after Ripley and Newt. Ripley and Newt both go up the elevator, and the Queen also figures out how to use the elevator, and follows them up as well. When they get up there they have barely any time before the structure blows up, or the Queen gets up there. Bishop flies by, and picks them all up. They fly up to the Sulaco and think they're safe, but the Queen seems to have held onto the dropship on its way up to the Sulaco (apparently the aliens don't need oxygen of any sort) and splits Bishop in half, though he is not dead because he's an android. Ripley gets into a big loader, and fights the Queen, and knocks the Queen and herself into a airlock, and blasts her out of it (though she is not dead...and I don't even know if she will die until much later of lack of food or something). Everyone is safe, Bishop is working, Newt is fine, and Ripley is triumphant. They set the Sulaco back home, and all go into cryosleep, ending the movie.

I fucking love Aliens

Video Games
    So far there are quite a few games, I'm thinking 30, but by far the most famous of them is the Aliens Vs Predator series, and just yesterday, the new one came out (made by Rebellion, who made the original one for PC, while Monolith made the 2nd, making this recent one the 3rd in the series, but it's just called Aliens Vs Predator)

Xenomorphs
    Here's some important information about the Xenomorph (the alien in the series). They have molecular acid blood, which means it basically burns through everything, they are conscious of this it seems, and sometimes spit at people in an attempt to harm them (though this only happens in Alien Resurrection). They start their life as a Facehugger, who has only one purpose, to latch onto a human's face and impregnate them with an egg. Then, is the Chestburster, remember that egg that was implanted into the human? Of course you don't, you never see it, but its grown into a pretty big snake look-a-like thing, and its main purpose is to find a good food source to turn into the real deal. Depending on what species they were birthed from, they are different in a few ways (for example in Alien 3, it was birthed from an Ox (or dog depending on special edition or not) and it picked up a few traits on the animal, such as quadrapedalness (I don't know), and running pretty damn fast) since this was from a human it'll probably be a warrior (note, I believe the alien from Alien and Aliens are the same type, but just different stages of maturity) which is pretty much the best, and most commonly seen type, as humans just so happen to always be in the movies.
    the warrior in its glory

Why do they exist?
    There are many theories as to why they exist, some people think that the mysterious Space Jockey in Alien may have had something to do with its creation, possibly as a biological weapon, there's also the thought that predators made them just for hunt, or hell, there are some even to go as far as to think that Space Jockeys made all life in the universe, but that's a story for another day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 24Friendly Friendly x 3Agree Agree x 1Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    December 2009
    1,613 Posts
    A++ series.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 33Useful Useful x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member

September 2007
    4,144 Posts
    Thank you for the contribution (:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    8,440 Posts
    Alien is better then Aliens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 26Agree Agree x 14 (list)

5. Post #5
    February 2009
    3,810 Posts
    Agreed.

Aliens was a staple action movie, but Alien was an amazingly well made horror movie. One just has a subtlety that the other lacks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,096 Posts
    Why do they exist?
    There are many theories as to why they exist, some people think that the mysterious Space Jockey in Alien may have had something to do with its creation, possibly as a biological weapon, there's also the thought that predators made them just for hunt, or hell, there are some even to go as far as to think that Space Jockeys made all life in the universe, but that's a story for another day.
    Predators in the Alien universe are about as canon as Alien vs Predator vs Terminator. Sure the AvP videogames are a blast but they need to stay in their own damned movies. In the films it should've ended with that little Alien reference in Predator 2 (the skull on the Predators ship).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    February 2009
    3,810 Posts
    Predators in the Alien universe are about as canon as Alien vs Predator vs Terminator. Sure the AvP videogames are a blast but they need to stay in their own damned movies. In the films it should've ended with that little Alien reference in Predator 2 (the skull on the Predators ship).
    Yeah.

Besides, everyone knows that H R Giger made the aliens as an experiment in living reproducing dildos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    1,910 Posts
    Agreed.

Aliens was a staple action movie, but Alien was an amazingly well made horror movie. One just has a subtlety that the other lacks.
    Alien is the best horror movie of all time

Aliens is the best action movie of all time

Alien 3 is the best example of development hell of all time

Alien Resurrection was the best example of Hollywood fucking everything up of all time
    -Anonymous (the guy probably had a name but I forgot it vv)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    February 2009
    3,810 Posts
    -Anonymous (the guy probably had a name but I forgot it vv)
    I can live with that.

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    7,469 Posts
    Yeah, I remember reading that post.

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,613 Posts
    Epic movies.

12. Post #12
    December 2007
    1,205 Posts
    The only good thing that came out of Alien Resurrection was a handicapped midget with an assembling shotgun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    967 Posts
    One of my favourite film series. The first two are especially good, the others are meh.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    3,048 Posts
    One thing I've always wondered; how the fuck does the aliens navigate? Like, they have no visible eyes.

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    1,910 Posts
    smell and hearing and feeling vibrations and probably eyesight without a clear eye
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,326 Posts
    I actually really liked Alien 3; the lighting and camera work and stuff was good, the atmosphere was great, the setting was pretty interesting and it definitely doesn't deserve the hate it got. Alien 4 not so much, but it was still quite fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    February 2010
    6 Posts
    And the future of Alien series? I read many stories on paperback book, like Aliens Hives and seem pretty good but I think the good time for the series is over...

18. Post #18
    October 2007
    1,043 Posts
    The most amazing quatrilogy, ever.

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    3,351 Posts
    Then came Alien Versus Predator.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    January 2005
    1,757 Posts
    I highly disagree, the first three were absolutly outstanding, then ressurection came along and just didn't seem all that outstanding. So I think we can narrow it down to most amazing trilogy?

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,083 Posts
    I thought Alien 3 ended the series well, it all tied together in a solid trilogy.

Until that dick decided to be a dick and dick around with everything.

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Then came Alien Versus Predator.
    Let's try to forget that ever happened, shall we?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    December 2008
    2,246 Posts
    I like the bit with the aliens
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree x 3Funny x 2Dumb x 1Friendly x 1Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    4,301 Posts
    I got the Quadrilogy even though 3 can't compare with the first 2 and Resurrection is pure garbage, just as bad as AvP if not worse. But 1 and 2 are some of my favorite movies ever. Pretty much everything about the marines in Halo 1 was ripped off from the movie Aliens. Not that that's a bad thing.

25. Post #25
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,574 Posts
    Alien is one of my favorite movies of all time, I grew up with it, and horror movie directors need to take a good long look at it before cranking out more unscary c-rate shit.

Aliens was pretty good, I don't know how Cameron managed to turn the series into a dumb action movie and still make it great, but he did.

Alien 3 was great, taking the series back into the horror genre.

Alien Ressurection doesn't exist to me.

The first AVP was alright, pretty shitty but I wasn't expecting much more than a few hours of fan service. Haven't seen the second nor do I ever plan to.

The AVP games, however, are fucking awesome and I will never stop playing them ever.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,293 Posts
    Do i need to watch Alien to watch Aliens.
    I watched Predator and AVP
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,567 Posts
    This is a nice movie.

28. Post #28
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,574 Posts
    Do i need to watch Alien to watch Aliens.
    I watched Predator and AVP
    Not necessarily but I would recommend it. You'll be able to make better sense of the story if you do.

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    892 Posts
    I took the time to watch Alien and Aliens not long ago, after a friend recommended them to me, and was pretty disappointed.

Alien was alright. I was enjoying it at the beginning, when they land and explore the crashed ship. Although I wish they'd expanded more on what happened on that ship. It's an unrecognised ship which was attacked by the 'aliens'. That's about all there seemed to be to it.

Later on though, when the scientist turned out to be some robot whos mission was to bring the alien back, that was a bit much. It's suddenly gone from small crew in deep shit to some big conspiracy.

What was great about Alien was the tension and suspense they managed to capture, knowing there was something lurking in the shadows picking off the crew one by one. Especially at the end where it blends in so well with all the tubes and pipes in the wall.

From there it seemed to go downhill though. Aliens dropped the suspenseful atmosphere the original had in favor of making it more of an action film. The mother/daughter relationship between Ripley and Newt was hideously predictable too.

The only thing which excelled in the films was the Aliens, as a species. Just a shame the films haven't done them justice.

I'll probably watch the other two as well at some point. I've got the quadrilogy, so I figure I may as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,615 Posts
    I feel like watching this now..
    I didn't watch the first movies, is there anywhere i can see them?(i mean over the internet)

Thanks for the link and the laugh joost.

31. Post #31
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    February 2010
    674 Posts
    there's also the thought that predators made them just for hunt
    This is stupid fanfic bullshit. I consider both AvP films to be fanfics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    February 2010
    27 Posts
    A great movie, makes me wanna go re-watch them.

34. Post #34
    BmB
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,569 Posts
    ITT: Morons think "Xenomorph" is the name of the Alien and I twitch.

(And Alien 3 was terrible, it ends with Aliens.*)

(*No, the simple fact that it's back to being one Alien running around in the shadows creeping people out doesn't make it good. Being a good film was what made Alien good, not that other thing.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Denmark Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    October 2008
    1,912 Posts
    I remeber reading somewhere that the director of Alien 1 is gonna make the 5th movie 2011

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/

This is not 100% yet.

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    5,851 Posts

(*No, the simple fact that it's back to being one Alien running around in the shadows creeping people out doesn't make it good. Being a good film was what made Alien good, not that other thing.)
    Everyone calls them Xenomorphs(or Xenos as dubbed by the marines)

Calling them "aliens" is just plain. When I type in the search bar "Aliens" I get little green men and greys.

I type "Xenomorph",or "Xeno", or "Xenomorphs" and I get what I'm looking for.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #37

June 2007
    1,167 Posts
    they are both fantastic in their own ways

38. Post #38
    February 2009
    3,810 Posts
    I thought Alien 3 ended the series well, it all tied together in a solid trilogy.

Until that dick decided to be a dick and dick around with everything.
    What do you mean?

The writing on the third film was just atrocious. I mean I swear to God, it had the worst case of "couldn't afford previous actors" of all time. And I've watched Star Trek: Generations.

Edited:

I took the time to watch Alien and Aliens not long ago, after a friend recommended them to me, and was pretty disappointed.

Alien was alright. I was enjoying it at the beginning, when they land and explore the crashed ship. Although I wish they'd expanded more on what happened on that ship. It's an unrecognised ship which was attacked by the 'aliens'. That's about all there seemed to be to it.

Later on though, when the scientist turned out to be some robot whos mission was to bring the alien back, that was a bit much. It's suddenly gone from small crew in deep shit to some big conspiracy.

What was great about Alien was the tension and suspense they managed to capture, knowing there was something lurking in the shadows picking off the crew one by one. Especially at the end where it blends in so well with all the tubes and pipes in the wall.

From there it seemed to go downhill though. Aliens dropped the suspenseful atmosphere the original had in favor of making it more of an action film. The mother/daughter relationship between Ripley and Newt was hideously predictable too.

The only thing which excelled in the films was the Aliens, as a species. Just a shame the films haven't done them justice.

I'll probably watch the other two as well at some point. I've got the quadrilogy, so I figure I may as well.
    If you thought Alien was "okay", you'll probably be gouging your eyes out somewhere near the second act of Alien 4.

Edited:

What, are we just supposed to call them Aliens? That would be fucking confusing.

39. Post #39

June 2007
    1,167 Posts
    yeah i thought that they were called xenomorphs

because xeno=alien

and morph=changes form (i.e. from facehugger to chestburster to alien to, eventually, queen bitch)

40. Post #40
    BmB
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    8,569 Posts
    It's pseudogreek I believe. Xeno does indeed translate to alien, or foreign. But morph is used to indicate that it has the form or shape of something. Like Antropomorphism indicates that it has the form of a human. (Anthro = human like IIRC) And you'll also find xeno in such words as xenobiology and xenofungus, etc. Simply meaning just that, alien biology, alien plant life etc.
    So it basically says "form of something alien".

And in the movie, Aliens where the word was used; the context was- correctly - that proto sgt. Johnson was briefing his marines that there was a possiblity of *some sort of* alien lifeform down there like Ripley claimed, just using a fancy word cause he likes to act cool and stuff.

Basically whenever you're calling an alien (any kind) a xenomorph you are calling it an alien. Which is dumb and redundantly stupid.
    I'm not sure how the above misunderstanding could possibly arise because all it takes is not having amnesia after watching the mentioned scene and all of a minimum of grasp of pseudogreek or whatever it's called.

Just capitalize the A in alien or something. Not because there's much doubt about what kind of alien you are talking about when you are talking about Alien and Aliens. Or alternatively they cooked up some latin species names for it for the DVD box set I think.
    "Internecivus Raptus"