1. Post #1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 19Friendly Friendly x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Voted WORST Gold Member 2012
    August 2005
    15,759 Posts
    I remember the first videos where they showed the hurricane thingie and were all like "Oh with a Dual Core we will be able to do so much cool stuff"

:sigh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 33Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    This is -- excuse me -- a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
    August 2008
    8,795 Posts
    Alan who?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree x 40Dumb x 3Disagree x 2Late x 1Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,778 Posts
    This decision was about matching this specific game to the right platform.
    Irony.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 57Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    February 2009
    732 Posts
    Wow. This is really Going to piss alot of people off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    11,051 Posts
    Everything seems to piss PC gamers off these days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 55Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    ♩♪♫♬
    March 2009
    2,453 Posts
    I bet they'll release it on the PC anyways in a year or two
    And somehow, they won't remember stating this.
    :ninja:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    23,131 Posts
    Now that just nailed the coffin.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    The Feral Chicken formerly known as "El Pollo Diablo"
    January 2008
    4,201 Posts

Urge to kill Rising.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 41Agree Agree x 4 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member

November 2005
    11,757 Posts
    Was anyone even still bothered about this game?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 20Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Watching the world burn is my hobby.
    February 2005
    16,984 Posts
    It had a PC port?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    696 Posts
    Most of the games for 360 eventually get a PC port because of Microsoft. This is only delaying the inevitable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    14,978 Posts
    Meh, after the gameplay video at E3 I didn't really care for this game anymore. Back when they announced it it looked and sounded awesome (more psychological fighting, use of tactics opposed to shooting and so on), then at E3 they showed just another "horror" shooter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    806 Posts
    That's a stupid reason, what the hell does it matter how you play the game? I'd enjoy it so much more with a higher resolution, better graphics, headphones, and right up to the monitor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,426 Posts
    Does anyone really care about this game anymore?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,856 Posts
    That's a stupid reason, what the hell does it matter how you play the game? I'd enjoy it so much more with a higher resolution, better graphics, headphones, and right up to the monitor.
    the only thing the console(s) accounts for is the controls really
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    November 2008
    230 Posts
    this decision was about matching this specific game for a market that pays more and is easier to develop to.
    we know, no need to lie.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,096 Posts
    The game sounds interesting but after all this hype there's no way it's going to live up to it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    526 Posts
    Who are they to tell us how we should pay our games? Big mistake. I can't see this game doing very well in the console demographic. This should have been a PC exclusive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,271 Posts
    4 years ago this game looked great, better than Crysis even. Anyone still remember the tornado physics demo they had running?

All I see now is watered down console shit. The graphics are fucking terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    2,915 Posts
    *continues snoring* NO I WILL NOT WAKE!!!! Seriously though, who gives a shit. I'm looking forward to Splinter Cell: Conviction.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    October 2006
    53 Posts
    Well that's too bad.
    I don't think their "most compelling way to experience "Alan Wake" was on the Xbox 360 platform" reason is a very solid one
    Maybe it came down to porting.
    Or they were made a offer they couldn't refuse.
    But that's just speculation, I am dissapointed. I was going to get it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,271 Posts
    Alan Wake Before Console Exclusivity (4+ years ago):

Alan Wake After Console Exclusivity (Now):
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    October 2006
    53 Posts

While you are right in pointing out that the overall quality has gone down.
    It's now on a console, and is now limited in what it can do.
    And if you're biggest gripe is the texture on the engine, why would they want to assign a group to model the car engines, something that won't play any major role in the game.
    That scene looks rather nice, especially the lighting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply New Zealand Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    BAZ
    Dav0r, buy me a custom title. I'm far too poor ;_;
    July 2005
    12,630 Posts

Dude did you see the engine in that car? That must be futuristic or some shit because it's FLAT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 18Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,271 Posts
    While you are right in pointing out that the overall quality has gone down.
    It's now on a console, and is now limited in what it can do.
    And if you're biggest gripe is the texture on the engine, why would they want to assign a group to model the car engines, something that won't play any major role in the game.
    That scene looks rather nice, especially the lighting.
    The shadows are blurry and low resolution, and the trees are ~10 polies (Obviously an exaggeration, but they look like shit.)

Edited:

Also the textures are ~512x512 max. Possibly 256x256.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

27. Post #27
    HUGE RACIST
    January 2005
    16,348 Posts

What am I supposed to be seeing? You can't really compare a map beauty shot with a gameplay shot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Dumb Dumb x 12Agree Agree x 2Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,271 Posts
    What am I supposed to be seeing? You can't really compare a map beauty shot with a gameplay shot.
    Compare the trees in the background of the second screen shot. The car is just icing on the cake.

I'll see if I can't find a closer PC vs Xbox comparison.

Edited:

Here's another xbox shot.

I love the draw distances. The lack of grass is cool too.

Edited:

2 planes of grass in the bottom right. :smug:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    6,206 Posts
    FUUUUUUUCKKK

I remember the quad core demonstration with the tornado and stuff. I just got a dual core back then and hoped that I would have a quad core when it would finally be released. Now I have a fucking quad core and those assholes cancel it to release it on the wrong right platform.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Austria Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    2,265 Posts
    For a second i thought it was some developer in valve or something and i was all sad and all about it :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

31. Post #31
    October 2009
    428 Posts
    I have a 360 and I'm not looking forward to AW at all.
    It's been so dumbed down and dragged out since I first heard about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,922 Posts
    Good riddance, asshole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    3,827 Posts
    I don't believe these bastards. I remember finding every interview about GTA IV before it's release, I was really hyped (Yeah it's a great game but that is not the point) The point is that every guy who is releated to GTA IV said something like "It's NOT going to be on PC 100% It isn't possible no wai or I'm a douche" at least once.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ukraine Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,271 Posts
    I don't believe these bastards. I remember finding every interview about GTA IV before it's release, I was really hyped (Yeah it's a great game but that is not the point) The point is that every guy who is releated to GTA IV said something like "It's NOT going to be on PC 100% It isn't possible no wai or I'm a douche" at least once.
    And then a half-assed port that was broken in every possible way came out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Frequent Habbo Hotel player. PM for free furniture
    January 2010
    7,074 Posts
    No, That was when they titled it as a Xbox 360 Exclusive... Take a look under my name to see why.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    11,051 Posts
    Everything seems to piss PC gamers off these days.
    Those 14 dumbs have proven my point quite well I feel.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    3,224 Posts
    it looks like alan wake fell asleep on pc gamers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Funny Funny x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    291 Posts
    And then a half-assed port that was broken in every possible way came out?
    It runs pretty well now :).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    277 Posts

hi im 1/4 life i talk about being a graphics genius but i don't know what pre-rendering a shot means and that game companies never make screenshots of future games look prettier than they are
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 21Agree Agree x 5 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,410 Posts
    hi im 1/4 life i talk about being a graphics genius but i don't know what pre-rendering a shot means and that game companies never make screenshots of future games look prettier than they are
    The tech demos from fucking ages ago showed off much nicer tech than the Xbox version of today shows us.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)