1. Post #1
    I really need a fucking scanner. All my shit comes out blurry as fuck.
    Also my better ones are in my locker at school, I will recover them asap.

Mechanics for a gun, just blocking out the shape, barrel will be longer, sights will be fixed, the mag will be skinnier, weapon will be skinnier possible, need to add flashlight, ect.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic x 125Agree x 5Dumb x 2Funny x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,734 Posts
    Your anatomy is fucking amazing. Some of the best I've seen on the forum. Where'd you learn?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 45Disagree Disagree x 4Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    I learned myself. I am 16.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly x 32Artistic x 12Informative x 3Dumb x 2Winner x 2Agree x 1Optimistic x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,935 Posts
    Wow, no art classes? I wish I could do that, amazing work, even with lack of scanner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,734 Posts
    I learned myself. I am 16.
    Very nice. Learned from references and such?
    Was the 1st one based off reference, or done all on your own?

6. Post #6
    All my drawings are done from the mind with no references, excluding the gun. All are done in a 25 min- hour time line. All above drawings except the final image are done with a standard bic mechanical pencil, the final image is done with a charcoal pencil, varying hb pencils and a graphite stick with a putty eraser.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 7Dumb Dumb x 2Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,376 Posts
    "I'm so ripped, my six pack has a sick pack!"

Me being the same age as you just goes to show how much better you are at this than me :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    May 2009
    1,960 Posts
    Do an easel+tripod+camera set up w/ decent lighting. I bet the blurriness is from your unsteady arms.

9. Post #9
    Kool, you have a completely different style. I do not compare artists as you do not know what their aim is in the drawing. I have seen some famous drawings where to me they look like shit, but apparently hold a deeper meaning so they are important to art culture. So for you to say I am better or for me to say you are better, just wouldn't make sense at all, for we have learned completely different ways to draw and create and even how we think.

Edit- yes. yes it is. Drinking 2 rockstars and having a crash makes you shake like you're in a hurricane. Also no tripod, but I have found an old scanner, hope it works.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,376 Posts
    Kool, you have a completely different style. I do not compare artists as you do not know what their aim is in the drawing. I have seen some famous drawings where to me they look like shit, but apparently hold a deeper meaning so they are important to art culture. So for you to say I am better or for me to say you are better, just wouldn't make sense at all, for we have learned completely different ways to draw and create and even how we think.

Edit- yes. yes it is. Drinking 2 rockstars and having a crash makes you shake like you're in a hurricane. Also no tripod, but I have found an old scanner, hope it works.
    I meant methodically.

alsoatleastihaveascanner :wooper:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    7,578 Posts
    Get a tablet and draw digital instead :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,376 Posts
    He does.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    25,776 Posts
    Nice drawings. If you don't have a scanner and you're going to take pictures with a camera at least make sure it's more in focus or keep your hands steadier because the pictures are quite blurry. Also correct the brightness and contrast and saturation in Photoshop or something similar before you post.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,453 Posts
    That's the wrong order. You wont learn your proper fundamentals without physical work first.
    Granted he's already on his way, but working in digital really does change the way you approach things which can hurt you down the line (speaking from experience).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Eh, I can already to painting in digital, so a little late. :(

edit- holy fuck the above sentence doesn't make any sense holy shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

16. Post #16
    May 2009
    392 Posts
    I think your anatomy is fantastic, how long do you suppose it took you to make your muscles look so "fluid" together?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    All my drawings are done from the mind with no references, excluding the gun. All are done in a 25 min- hour time line. All above drawings except the final image are done with a standard bic mechanical pencil, the final image is done with a charcoal pencil, varying hb pencils and a graphite stick with a putty eraser.
    It's just really planning it properly, and the fluidness comes out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,186 Posts
    Your anatomy is pretty good, i'm jealous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Actually my anatomy is one of my weak points, it's more of me watching people so much (creepy) that I have a gist of how they look and move so I can create a general assumption on how something looks and your brain recognizing "hey that's an arm" perceives it as correct.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    January 2010
    77 Posts
    Amazing job. Do you have a deviant art? I would love to see more sketches.

21. Post #21
    http://s305.photobucket.com/home/1chains1/index
    That has all my known art work ( i have a shitton of doodles and other things I never got around to putting on the comp) from the last 2 years when I started getting serious about art.

edit- you also get a hawt pic of me shirtless, and get to see my shitty art from a long time ago, awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,589 Posts
    Awesome anatomy. I also don't have a scanner but we have ones in my school's library that I can use for free.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,376 Posts
    chains :

woah there big boy. the creationism corner just got 10x hotter
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 17Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Ffffffffffffffffff
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

25. Post #25
    --
    August 2009
    2,060 Posts
    i agree, i don't have a scanner either so i tried a tablet but it's harder to draw with ill post some of my pics when i get my usb lead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11 (list)

26. Post #26
    December 2008
    814 Posts
    My god. Amazing work.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,734 Posts
    i agree, i don't have a scanner either so i tried a tablet but it's harder to draw with ill post some of my pics when i get my usb lead.
    Edit out the quote, fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    He appears to be a trole.

edit- update

Edited:

Actual update, just a quick sketch, I strongly dislike it because of well...earrrrssss.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 17 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,376 Posts
    Hatching always looks cool when it's intense

Edited:

lol @ : "I'm so misunderstood i just want to sing"

30. Post #30
    Thats not hatching, thats me making fucking engravings in the paper with my rage emo nails.

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,683 Posts
    Finally we get to see some work out of you. Good work that is!

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    2,186 Posts
    The first picture is amazing. I have taken drawing classes and don't even compare to you.

33. Post #33
    Eh, it's just a natural skill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    4,820 Posts
    You wouldn't happened to be left handed would you? :wotwot:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 4Useful Useful x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    :golfclap:
    Very nice. I am guessing from the graphite smears on the paper you can tell?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    3,683 Posts
    I'm left handed too. I hate that shit!

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,589 Posts
    I'm left handed too. I hate that shit!
    I'm lefty too. Why would you hate it? It only sucks for writing, anyway.

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    June 2005
    2,734 Posts
    I know two artsy people at school that are lefties. Seems a lot of lefties are often very talented artists.
    Right brain talent! Woo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member

February 2008
    5,015 Posts
    I know two artsy people at school that are lefties. Seems a lot of lefties are often very talented artists.
    Right brain talent! Woo.
    Very funny that you mentioned that since my significant other also has a lot of talent in art and she mostly uses her left hand over her right one.

40. Post #40
    October 2007
    175 Posts
    He appears to be a trole.

Actual update, just a quick sketch, I strongly dislike it because of well...earrrrssss.
    Drawing very good, your writing however...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)