1. Post #1
    February 2009
    168 Posts
    So I have my iPod Classic synced with Winamp, (much better than iTunes) but my 360 isn't able to detect my iPod.

Does anybody have a solution?

No I'm not using iTunes, ever

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    5,353 Posts
    Your 360? You mean your xbox? I doubt it's even able to do it, considering iPods barely work with windows as it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    CJF
    August 2006
    16,284 Posts
    You realize the Xbox is made by microsoft right? That's the problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    February 2007
    5,353 Posts
    You realize the Xbox is made by microsoft right? That's the problem.
    Yeah, I have a Pippin and it works fine.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    January 2009
    891 Posts
    It should work, you need some update from Xboxlive for it.

6. Post #6
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    8,081 Posts
    I should work just fine. That's what my old iPod Video is used for, since the battery isn't worth a damn, but works fine with my Xbox. Is your Ipod formatted to FAT32?

7. Post #7
    M_B
    Also a fellow SHART fangirl
    September 2005
    18,014 Posts
    I should work just fine. That's what my old iPod Video is used for, since the battery isn't worth a damn, but works fine with my Xbox. Is your Ipod formatted to FAT32?
    in order to use an iPod with Windows, it has to be FAT32 formatted to begin with.
    been as such since release.

Edited:

also, I believe iPod Classic and other iPods that released at the same time are also universally FAT32 for even Mac OS (though of course not the iPod Touch or iPhone as that's a whole different story entirely)

8. Post #8
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    8,081 Posts
    in order to use an iPod with Windows, it has to be FAT32 formatted to begin with.
    been as such since release.

Edited:

also, I believe iPod Classic and other iPods that released at the same time are also universally FAT32 for even Mac OS (though of course not the iPod Touch or iPhone as that's a whole different story entirely)
    Dammit, I thought he was on a Mac. Nurrrr.

If its FAT32, it should be recognized just fine. Even though my iPod is partially dead, my 360 still recognizes an iPod is connected to it.

9. Post #9
    M_B
    September 2005
    18,014 Posts
    well there's really no reason to think he isn't on a Mac aside for his hilarious anti-iTunes statement (really guys come on there's nothing wrong with iTunes, anymore, this isn't 2005)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #10
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    8,081 Posts
    well there's really no reason to think he isn't on a Mac aside for his hilarious anti-iTunes statement (really guys come on there's nothing wrong with iTunes, anymore, this isn't 2005)
    Right, its not horribly bad anymore. Its still terribly slow compared to the native Mac version, but its not nearly as bad as it was a few years ago.

11. Post #11
    M_B
    September 2005
    18,014 Posts
    it's fast for me and i'm on a shitty old single core machine (for now). with Vista, which iTunes is supposed to be the worst on.

i don't know man i don't know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,806 Posts
    I still find it to be slow as fuck. Even on a Q9550.

13. Post #13
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    8,081 Posts
    I still find it to be slow as fuck. Even on a Q9550.
    You don't know what slow is until you use it on a Pentium II. Waiting for iTunes to load for 3 minutes sure is a lot of fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    M_B
    September 2005
    18,014 Posts
    the only problems i have it with it is more or less on the quicktime codec.

the quicktime codec used to be bitching, but then i guess they reconfigured it to depend more and more on multi-core and hyperthreading, or something, because playback's terrible even on the little 320p(something like that) digital copies of movies. and only in full screen, that's the really strange part. no other player does that for me. haven't looked into why, don't really care, but it's damn obnoxious.

15. Post #15
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    8,081 Posts
    the only problems i have it with it is more or less on the quicktime codec.

the quicktime codec used to be bitching, but then i guess they reconfigured it to depend more and more on multi-core and hyperthreading, or something, because playback's terrible even on the little 320p(something like that) digital copies of movies. and only in full screen, that's the really strange part. no other player does that for me. haven't looked into why, don't really care, but it's damn obnoxious.
    It seems sort of random if playing videos on iTunes works properly. Works perfectly fine on my laptop (except you can't skip using the seek bar in windowed mode, works fine in full screen, probably a bug). Yet on my friend's PC, video is much choppier. Its not very consistent.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    2,068 Posts
    Go to the downloads section of the marketplace or whatever you call it, go to browse all, go to O, and download the optional media update. It's made to make ipods work with the 360.