1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2006
    319 Posts
    I have a epson nx110, and I ran out of black ink. I have some extra, but the problem is, it's that the moving head thing that has the ink cartridges on it is hiding in a little corner, just like the little bitch it is. SO I CAN'T FUCKING REPLACE IT.

Any help?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,008 Posts
    Was the power on when you opened it? It should have moved to the center.

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2006
    319 Posts
    Was the power on when you opened it? It should have moved to the center.
    Wait, so if the power is off it should move to the center?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

4. Post #4
    February 2009
    381 Posts
    No, have a look and see if there is a cartridge change button, hold it down and the head will move to the bit needed. Usually printer doors do not have switches on them and cannot activate ink changes.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    February 2006
    4,874 Posts
    I have the upgraded version (with a screen) of that printer and for mine you just go into the Ink Cartridge Status menu and hit Replace Cartridges. Although, since yours doesn't have a screen, it's probably just a button.

EDIT: It turns out you just print until its completely out and then it will let you replace it. To replace them before they're completely expended, you have to run some utility.

Windows: Right-click the printer icon in the bottom right corner of your screen (the taskbar) and select Printer Settings. Click the Maintenance tab.
    Macintosh: Open the Applications folder, open EPSON Printer Utility3, select your printer (if necessary), and click OK.

Click the Ink Cartridge Replacement utility icon and follow the on-screen instructions to replace your ink cartridges as necessary.

Also
    Warning:
    Keep ink cartridges out of the reach of children and do not drink the ink.
    (User was banned for this post ("Dumb report" - TH89))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)