1. Post #1
    January 2010
    193 Posts
    I currently have windows vista and I was wondering is windows 7 really worth it ? Like wats the difference and should I buy it ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 31Disagree Disagree x 2Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    November 2008
    4,641 Posts
    It's like what Vista was supposed to be.

Sleek, stylish, has functionality, and easy to use.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 44Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    762 Posts
    Absa-Fucking-loutely.

Thats....how best I can express it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 8Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    I like to constantly remind everyone that I do illegal drugs. I squeeze it into all posts.
    Dennab
    October 2006
    4,044 Posts
    It is worth more than money, I think to own it you should have to sacrifice your finest farm animal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny x 25Agree x 11Dumb x 3Disagree x 1Late x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    14,134 Posts
    Yes go get it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    762 Posts
    It is worth more than money, I think to own it you should have to sacrifice your finest farm animal.

Or firstborn ( If applicable )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Ireland Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    710 Posts
    stupid thread and wrong section. Windows 7 has been out for ages, you can compare the functionality of both OS by spending about 1 minute on google.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 18Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    January 2010
    2,710 Posts
    Eh. I'd just go back to XP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 42Disagree Disagree x 8Agree Agree x 4Useful Useful x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    710 Posts
    and yes, it worth it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    11,226 Posts
    stupid thread and wrong section. Windows 7 has been out for ages, you can compare the functionality of both OS by spending about 1 minute on google.
    Since when is a few months ages?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    710 Posts
    Since when is a few months ages?

Since time began?

Well maybe the fact i have been using the beta since it was released and then got the retail it has been ages for me.
    So...comment retracted.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

12. Post #12
    February 2008
    10 Posts
    I'm getting it from sony, they are sending it to me because I bought my computer right before it came out. hopefull they send it soon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

13. Post #13
    g42
    February 2009
    547 Posts
    YES

all my computers are on 7 and i do not regret it on bit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,625 Posts
    Yes. That is all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #15
    January 2009
    241 Posts
    It's basically Vista with a new skin. The kernel's essentially the same, hence the change from 6.0 to 6.1 in the version number.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 26Dumb Dumb x 6Agree Agree x 3 (list)

16. Post #16
    October 2007
    311 Posts
    Yes, now gtfo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

17. Post #17
    April 2007
    997 Posts
    Yes, now gtfo.

~~So EdGy~~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Zoo
    I CHEW GRINT LIKE IT'S MY FUCKIN' B-DAY
    October 2008
    967 Posts
    Vista or 7, they both have the worst fucking trouble with networking. Don't be surprised when for no apparent reason you have no internet connection.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 35Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    41,699 Posts
    My cat went missing shortly before I installed W7.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 14Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

20. Post #20
    December 2008
    386 Posts
    Windows 7 is godly. If you have the money I don't have any gripes about my purchase so I'd recommend it to anyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,791 Posts
    Yeah. We welcome you to check out the following threads to learn more if you need to:

Windows 7 FAQs: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=875356
    Original 7 Megathread: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=611980
    Windows 7 Megathread 2: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=763948
    Windows 7 Megathread 3: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=823953

(First and last links will do best)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 3Useful Useful x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    Zoo
    I CHEW GRINT LIKE IT'S MY FUCKIN' B-DAY
    October 2008
    967 Posts
    I have 2 friends that installed Windows 7. Both hated it and one uninstalled it. The other can't because it isn't fully his computer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 18Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    July 2007
    4,954 Posts
    I have 2 friends that installed Windows 7. Both hated it and one uninstalled it. The other can't because it isn't fully his computer.
    >I have this guy who told me him and his friend hated it, but what my friend really didn't like was he wasn't sure how to make wow work because he doesn't know how to install drivers
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

24. Post #24
    Just lost $10.
    May 2009
    3,328 Posts
    And they hate it because..?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    3,562 Posts
    i hate it because waste of memory. like vista it wastes most of your memory on damn processes/visual effects atleast from what i know anyway
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 25 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    3,982 Posts
    Seven is amazing! Comes on really quick, goes off quick, performs well and games run fine on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    December 2009
    1,530 Posts
    i hate it because waste of memory. like vista it wastes most of your memory on damn processes/visual effects atleast from what i know anyway
    "Atleast from what I know" doesn't make what you just said okay on Facepunch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,187 Posts
    Google superfetch and then rethink your comment.

Edited:

Also i got Windows 7 as soon as it was in the store, since i installed it i haven't regretted a single moment (Upgraded from XP, clean install).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,791 Posts
    SuperFetch: http://www.screencast.com/users/TheP...2-c91a133bb682

Christ I hate explaining this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

30. Post #30
    February 2009
    1,965 Posts
    Yes

Just imagine your computer has 4GB of RAM. WHY THE FUCK DO YOU WANT IT TO NOT USE THAT RAM!? Vista and 7 can utilise that RAM to speed up the launching of applications, and the speedup is very noticeable. With a fresh install of Windows 7 on my laptop, it took a full 2 minutes for MSN to load once logged in. Now it loads in less than 30 seconds.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,146 Posts
    It really isn't that different to Vista, it's more refined but nothing majorly different (like the massive changes from XP to Vista with the re-written sub-systems, 7 is pretty much the same as Vista under the hood)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 7Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    7,739 Posts
    It's awesome but not worth an upgrade from Vista.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 12Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,674 Posts
    Not really, i prefer vista.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 9Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 2 (list)

34. Post #34
    Follow me on github!
    January 2009
    2,616 Posts
    Xp < 7
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    1,943 Posts
    Its better than Vista.
    That should be more than enough to motivate you to buy it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

36. Post #36
    dgg
    I ❤ Angel Beats
    October 2005
    26,105 Posts
    Windows 7 is Vista and XP combined, just even better.

Had it for a year and only ran into 2-3 problems which all were my fault. Which most faults are for anyone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    185 Posts
    Is it worth getting ASAP or is it better to wait for Windows 8?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    6,966 Posts
    This is like L4D2, wheres the boycott groups?
    Microsoft this is stuff what vista was supposed to have.
    Gabe this is stuff what L4D was supposed to have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Estonia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    3,929 Posts
    At least you can go back to L4D without formatting your computer to uninstall L4D2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,737 Posts
    Vista or 7, they both have the worst fucking trouble with networking. Don't be surprised when for no apparent reason you have no internet connection.
    Vista does, 7 does not.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)