1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    and this is the result....

"The article from Gizmodo" posted:
    That's not an actual quote of course, but the scene here looks so contrived that it seems plausible. The scary thing is that the Cybersquad is protecting our data with old Dells, Windows XP and "intimidating" Matrix screensavers. Plus, that 37-inch Westinghouse sitting right on top of the keyboard is a good indicator that the Feds have extremely poor eyesight—so who knows what kind of mistakes are being made.
    http://gizmodo.com/5437166/fox-news-...ing-stuffquick

Using a "Matrix" screen saver to make it seem like you're actually doing something important? Totally something our government and Fox News would do together...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny x 222Late x 11Agree x 5Bad Reading x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    3,757 Posts
    I've never facepalm'd so hard in my entire life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 91 (list)

3. Post #3
    August 2008
    891 Posts
    If he was slightly blacker, he even pull of Morphius.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 131Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 14Funny Funny x 12 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,940 Posts
    And people wonder why insurgents can hack into drones and the Chinese keep stealing our secrets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 66Funny Funny x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    BAZ
    Dav0r, buy me a custom title. I'm far too poor ;_;
    July 2005
    12,607 Posts
    yeah, i unplugged my ethernet as soon as i saw it.

that matrix screensaver is serious shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 113Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member

February 2009
    2,339 Posts
    I bet he just happens to enjoy the Matrix, and work in the FBI.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 62Disagree Disagree x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,332 Posts
    its probably not even a screensaver, just a fucked up monitor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 70Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    2,157 Posts
    Behold, America's elite cyber security agents, who's greatest enemies are 14 year olds a little too much free time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 61Funny Funny x 6Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    VENEZOLANO
    August 2006
    3,417 Posts
    I stopped believing on any sort of Internet authority or legislation after Ted Stevens.

10 bucks say that he's the only member.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Venezuela Show Events Agree Agree x 14Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    August 2009
    957 Posts
    It's FOX news. It didn't really happen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    its probably not even a screensaver, just a fucked up monitor
    What kind of "fucked up monitor" looks exactly like the one from The Matrix eh?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 27Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Just set my homepage to blackass.com
    January 2007
    1,225 Posts
    yeah, i unplugged my ethernet as soon as i saw it.
    That isn't going to stop the FBI

They have matrix screensavers for gods sake!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 39 (list)

13. Post #13
    SirCrest Sexual Enthusiast
    August 2008
    14,746 Posts
    I got a feeling this is just fox trying to bullshit us and not really the cybersquad, don't you think they would be using hard core shit like xeon's and shit? not windows XP and crappy old dells.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

14. Post #14
    November 2009
    1,994 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 14Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    4,424 Posts
    Oh wow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    Behold, America's elite cyber security agents, who's greatest enemies are 14 year olds a little too much free time.
    Bwahahaha, spot on. Seriously, what do these guys do besides track down pedophiles and stupid kids that show their tits on webcam in order to send them to prison longer than men who commit murder?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 28 (list)

17. Post #17
    June 2007
    808 Posts
    Bwahahaha, spot on. Seriously, what do these guys do besides track down pedophiles and stupid kids that show their tits on webcam in order to send them to prison longer than men who commit murder?
    Not much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 25Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,279 Posts
    I imagine a lot of their work day is taken up by Kongregate.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 32 (list)

19. Post #19
    June 2007
    161 Posts
    He reminds me of FPS Doug
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Informative Informative x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    July 2009
    2,146 Posts
    Stop dem Commies from stealin our secrets!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    7,239 Posts
    Well, there goes America.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    3,365 Posts
    and this is the result....

http://gizmodo.com/5437166/fox-news-...ing-stuffquick

Using a "Matrix" screen saver to make it seem like you're actually doing something important? Totally something our government and Fox News would do together...
    Or maybe he used a Matrix screen saver because it was on the computers in the Matrix and he liked the Matrix movie...

Ohhh that sounds logical...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree x 28Dumb x 3Late x 3Disagree x 1Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    2,315 Posts
    Windows XP? That's nothing, Most businesses use Windows 2000.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 35Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    13,262 Posts
    Or maybe he used a Matrix screen saver because it was on the computers in the Matrix and he liked the Matrix movie...

Ohhh that sounds logical...
    It's fox.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    4,248 Posts
    Are we really so obsessed with bitching about fox that we must make threads based purely on a interview setting?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2009
    6,257 Posts
    Are we really so obsessed with bitching about fox that we must make threads based purely on a interview setting?
    Yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    Are they complaining about the fact that they are using Windows or just how unprofessional they look overall?

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,802 Posts
    Windows XP? That's nothing, Most businesses use Windows 2000.
    But as the title shows, Windows 2000 is for Professionals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    5,552 Posts
    The funny thing is there is probably people on Facepunch that would be better at their jobs than they are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    4,890 Posts
    I guess he wants to take the red pill.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    September 2009
    3,036 Posts
    You have to post the entire story arc or else it's not funny

It's not funny in the first place
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    "We should allow child labor overseas ...the sweatshop is what is saving the 9 year old worker"
    April 2007
    6,864 Posts
    I wonder what kind of work they do. Just surfing? I wouldn't mind actually seeing this story.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,203 Posts
    all government agencies should use the new year's model of alienware computers and should swap out video cards and processors whenever a faster one hits the market good god who fucking cares what kinds of computers they use

that's like saying police departments should buy 2010 dodge chargers because they look unprofessional driving old crown vics
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree x 11Dumb x 5Funny x 2Disagree x 1Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    DERAILER OF THREADS DESTROYER OF IDIOTS
    February 2009
    25,241 Posts
    Because what screen saver they have definitely effects their ability to work right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 18Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,444 Posts
    I got a feeling this is just fox trying to bullshit us and not really the cybersquad, don't you think they would be using hard core shit like xeon's and shit? not windows XP and crappy old dells.
    Why would they spend millions of dollars to upgrade their computers, when an old Dell works perfectly fine?

Edited:

goddamnit pvt. ryan
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    828 Posts
    Behold the illusion of American incompetency. Laugh at them then bam! They break into your house, shit on your toilet, and fuck your sister.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,189 Posts
    Behold the illusion of American incompetency. Laugh at them then bam! They break into your house, shit on your toilet, and fuck your sister.
    Then they would sit in your chair, eat your soup, and sleep in your bed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

38. Post #38
    September 2009
    9,647 Posts

I have the same screensaver, ever since the Matrix movies came along (Wow, it's been 10 years!!)... it looks BEAUTIFUL on widescreen displays...

You guys might want to try it out, you can get it from here.

On the FBI's defense, most businesses, like somebody said before, still use Win XP, so it's not unusual. As a matter of fact, the HSBC bank has a Windows Vista -not even 7, fucking Vista- migration scheduled for May 2010!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Argentina Show Events Useful Useful x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #39

December 2008
    1,533 Posts
    Quick! Get the agents!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Singapore Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #40
    August 2009
    974 Posts
    XP may not be the prettiest nor the simplest, but the FBI needs to learn to work with XP since it's basically the way to understand all other windows OSs. But they are too cool for macs, just like me :cool:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7 (list)