1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,887 Posts
    SO I got a macbook pro for christmas, it's awesome etc. I copied all my songs to the mac and synced the ipod, which took a while (to resync everything). But I realized that if I get new music on my desktop and try to sync with it, it'll have to resync everything again. Is there a way to cancel this? For it to only copy the new songs?

2. Post #2
    September 2007
    2,574 Posts
    With iTunes you can only sync the iPod onto one computer without having to erase all the content before re syncing. There may be other other programs that let you do this but iTunes is not one of them.

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,640 Posts

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,461 Posts
    Can't you manually manage your music and chose what gets transfered...?

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,887 Posts
    I don't think that's what I meant but thanks anyway.

I learned about shared libraries in itunes, for some reason I was able to copy the whole library from the desktop to the library and was able to listen to the songs from my mac and import them to the mac's library as well. But now, when I download a song in the mac I can't share it, nor can I share anymore music from the desktop

Edited:

What I wanted all along was the shared library, download music from either computer and be able to have it on both compters. Ill just sync with my mac.

6. Post #6
    Licensed Hypocrite
    June 2009
    2,616 Posts
    I encountered this same problem, i would love to do what you want to do. iTunes should be like Steam, all you have to do is make sure you're computer has the program on it and you can redownload anything you've ever bought through steam.

Wait does this mean if I put windows 7 on my computer, I'll have the same problem?!?!?!

And someone bought you a 1.2k Christmas present?

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,887 Posts
    I encountered this same problem, i would love to do what you want to do. iTunes should be like Steam, all you have to do is make sure you're computer has the program on it and you can redownload anything you've ever bought through steam.

Wait does this mean if I put windows 7 on my computer, I'll have the same problem?!?!?!

And someone bought you a 1.2k Christmas present?
    My parents did. Not getting anything for my birthday though, but I don't mind.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,887 Posts
    Fuck it, I'll just use sharepod for windows and I'll find something for mac