1. Post #1
    December 2009
    1,529 Posts
    Tonight I got my first gun, the WG 6" silver CO2 revolver (I do have the AK M4 hybrid but...). I have a few questions:
    Will keeping a CO2 cartridge in for a few days hurt the gun?
    Weeks?
    Months?

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    No, it will not affect the gun.

3. Post #3
    December 2009
    1,529 Posts
    Ok thanks, I thought that having the pressure in the parts for long periods of time might hurt it.

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    Well there is only pressure when you shoot. When the mag is just sitting in the gun, there is no Co2 leaving the mag (unless it leaks).

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    2,070 Posts
    I wouldn't recommend leaving Co2 in a gun for longer than a few days. The seals will be under constant pressure causing tiny leaks and eventually the seals will just burst and then you will have a problem. Not worth it, just toss out the Co2 when your done using the gun.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,749 Posts
    Actually, it is harmful to the magazine seals if you leave the magazine gassed. x2 for Co2, which is a high pressure gas compared to propane. So it wont hurt the gun, but it can damage your mags.

With a Co2 gun, I wouldnt leave a cartridge in there for more than say, 2 days.

Edited:

Well there is only pressure when you shoot. When the mag is just sitting in the gun, there is no Co2 leaving the mag (unless it leaks).
    Its a revolver, so the gas is fed directly into the gun. I take back what I just said, I would take the Co2 out when you are done shooting.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    12,424 Posts
    Did not realize it was a revolver. My bad.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    736 Posts
    Fucking take it out. Left mine in for months on accident, its unusable now. Same exact gun.

9. Post #9
    December 2009
    1,529 Posts
    I took it out. Im making sure that I take it out ever two days at max and only put them in before games.