1. Post #1
    April 2009
    536 Posts
    First Pack:
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=85386

Since the first beta weapons pack there has been many new thing added so far. It's been 2 months-ish without a update so I thougth now was the time to do so.
    NEW ADDITIONS INCLUDE...
    - Added the Beta Shotgun
    - Improved Gauss cannon
    - Added the Roller Wand
    - Fixed Immolator
    - Fixed the Guardgun's random shotgun fire
    - Added the Mp7
    - Added Ice axe secondary fire
    - Added Oicw Night Vision zoom
    - Added the Missile Launcher
    - Added the ( other ) Rocket Launcher
    - Added the Stunbaton ( before was the stunstick )
    - Added the Alyx Gun ( Actual Beta V_model )
    - Added the Annabelle
    - Fixed Stickybomb Launcher Sound Issues
    - Changed the Guardgun and Oicw sounds
    - Added WORKING Fire Extinguisher
    - Added a file for replacement skins ( if you would like some )
    - Added Bugbait to weapons menu ( spawnable? )
    - Added HUD Weapon Icons For ALL Guns
    - Added actual Ar1 model ( not mugofdoom's )
    - Added new Ar1 ( With 4 different fire modes )
    - Fixed Hmg1's Zoom Issues
    - Added Beta Hands to the weapons
    - Adding the Brickbat ( Cremator, headcrab )
    - Added The Thumper
    - Added the HKGR9
    - Added the Mortar
    - Added the Manhack
    - Added Special Admin Weapon
    And the list goes on... Seriously..

Since I haven't had very much time, I've been making this in the time I have. So this still might be a little while. things are still a bit buggy/imcomplete. =S But so far this pack is making the first one look bad
    Pictures:
    New Models In 3ds Max

New Rpg and Sniper

Beta Alyxgun

Annabelle

The Beta Arms

Beta Shotgun

Cubemap

HUD Icons

Roller Wand

New Ar1

Missile Launcher

ALSO ADDED CREDIT:

Models-N-Lua:
    -Battlepope - Making the Pack + Lua
    -Missing Information - Converting Models From The Beta
    -Team GabeN - Converting models from the Beta
    -Valve - Original Models
    -Jvsthebest - Binoculars
    -Mugofdoom - Helping Compile Models
    -Pac-187 - Hl2 Beta Molotov
    -xXPyroHatakeXx - Models found

Materials-N-Hexing
    -PoisonZombie - Hl2 Beta Arms Skin
    -xXPyroHatakeXx - Hexing

Help And Such
    -xXPyroHatakeXx - Lots of Help Towards the Pack.
    -wardino389 - Finding Models
    -Mugofdoom - Helping Compile Models
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Artistic x 28Dumb x 8Lua King x 8Winner x 4Late x 4Agree x 3Informative x 2Optimistic x 2Funny x 1Lua Helper x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    October 2008
    3,543 Posts
    Nice but this isn't V2 release? Nice screens though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    June 2009
    477 Posts
    The cubemap is the best weapon :D
    Also, are you reskinning or leaving them how they were when valve left them, because they look like shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    March 2009
    749 Posts
    Pictures....

EDIT:

fyi, This was BEFORE I helped him put pictures up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb x 7Funny x 1Agree x 1Friendly x 1Bad Reading x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2009
    536 Posts
    Pictures....
    Yees im editing them now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    March 2009
    749 Posts
    Its good that you're giving an update on what you have, I knew you got more done but I had no clue you had this much done.

Altho, it's a little funny that you give your update the day I released v2 of the ragdoll pack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    April 2009
    536 Posts
    Its good that you're giving an update on what you have, I knew you got more done but I had no clue you had this much done.
    My pictures won't go up, do I have to put [img] picture [/img]
    Ill just put them as urls

fixed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    March 2009
    749 Posts
    My pictures won't go up, do I have to put [img] picture [/img]
    [img]picturelink[/img]
    I think you might've added a space, which you can't have.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    October 2009
    2,058 Posts
    O_o....hea....head...headcrab swep...all beta weapons...WHY DOES MY COMPUTER HAVE TO BE BROKEN NOW....*sob*

anyway i really can wait for the download link

my little headcrab pet, just like the snark, muhahahha, aslo by fix, you meen the immolator doesnt have purple&black and isnt sticking out your crotch anymore?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    March 2009
    749 Posts
    O_o....hea....head...headcrab swep...all beta weapons...WHY DOES MY COMPUTER HAVE TO BE BROKEN NOW....*sob*

my little headcrab pet, just like the snark, muhahahha, aslo by fix, you meen the immolator doesnt have purple&black and isnt sticking out your crotch anymore?
    I don't recal the immolator doing that.

I tried making a brickbait headcrab swep myself, it didn't work so well...
    fyi, this is just an update on what he's working on, the headcrab brickbait isn't in v1, which is what the link is to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 2Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Lua King Lua King x 1Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    April 2009
    536 Posts
    [img]picturelink[/img]
    I think you might've added a space, which you can't have.
    fixed

Edited:

That and now has the actual fire mode.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events

12. Post #12
    March 2009
    749 Posts
    oh yeah, Battlepope, I uploaded the model pack finally, here's the link to it: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=818144
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

13. Post #13
    April 2009
    536 Posts
    The cubemap is the best weapon :D
    Also, are you reskinning or leaving them how they were when valve left them, because they look like shit.
    It's HL2 Beta Weapons, so yes, I am.

Edited:

oh yeah, Battlepope, I uploaded the model pack finally, here's the link to it: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=818144
    Awesome!

14. Post #14
    March 2009
    749 Posts

lol, guess what I can do....

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    21,441 Posts
    How come do you need a new thread every time there is an update? And in the releases section, too?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Finland Show Events Late Late x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    April 2009
    536 Posts

lol, guess what I can do....
    Very nice picture
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    October 2009
    2,058 Posts
    als another thing, do you throw the molotov like your shooting a pistol still, and does the sniper not stick out your crothch (as in what people see your character do when you have em)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    April 2009
    536 Posts
    How come do you need a new thread every time there is an update? And in the releases section, too?
    I have not had a update yet. And this seemed like the best place to put it.

Edited:

als another thing, do you throw the molotov like your shooting a pistol still, and does the sniper not stick out your crothch (as in what people see your character do when you have em)
    The sniper is fixed but the molotov is still like that.

19. Post #19
    March 2009
    749 Posts
    Wait, the molotov does that?
    I had a working one a while ago that didn't do that, I wonder if I still have it...

fyi Battlepope, I'll e-mail you the correct way to put pictures in.

20. Post #20
    June 2009
    1,770 Posts
    Can i test it?
    Because this is soo great.
    This needs to be in an GMod museum. Maybe an map that shows leak stuff and infos (and an button that gives you the SWEP.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    March 2009
    749 Posts
    Can i test it?
    This needs to be in an GMod museum. Maybe an map that shows leak stuff and infos (and an button that gives you the SWEP.)
    I high doubt Battlepope would let you test this when he doesn't even let me test it.
    Leak museum for gmod? I know my next project...
    Battlepope, I need some leak textures!

22. Post #22
    June 2009
    1,770 Posts
    I will watch this museum as idea creator.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Brazil Show Events

23. Post #23
    April 2009
    536 Posts
    Can i test it?
    It still needs more work untill I would even think of relesing it, and isn't there a thing already like that, like a zoo_weapons map?

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,659 Posts
    You should really work on cleaning the models up. Right now they are missing polygons and have really fucked up sections. It might take time, but it would look much nicer. and see about re-doing the textures too, some are really low resolution (Annabelle especially)

Other than that. I look forward to seeing some progress. The beta weapons are always interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

25. Post #25
    April 2009
    536 Posts
    You should really work on cleaning the models up. Right now they are missing polygons and have really fucked up sections. It might take time, but it would look much nicer. and see about re-doing the textures too, some are really low resolution (Annabelle especially)

Other than that. I look forward to seeing some progress. The beta weapons are always interesting.
    Maby I should, but I think it would loose some of the HL2 beta feel. Sort of like what is happening to Missing Information. =I

26. Post #26
    September 2009
    2,020 Posts
    Maby I should, but I think it would loose some of the HL2 beta feel. Sort of like what is happening to Missing Information. =I
    I downloaded the first version of the pack, and I really like the improvements you did so far, one of the improvements you need for the first one though is fixing the models, when I have the immolator its on my player models crouch, it has happened with other weapons too you should really fix that. Other then that your doing a beautiful job, I would like to see the green laser for the immolator instead of the flames though.

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    15,659 Posts
    Yeah that is the only problem. If you start editing things, they start losing that nice style they may have had in the beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #28
    October 2009
    2,058 Posts
    Wait, the molotov does that?
    I had a working one a while ago that didn't do that, I wonder if I still have it...

fyi Battlepope, I'll e-mail you the correct way to put pictures in.
    odd, there are actualy a few errors in the first version namely

the hopwire, and molotov fires like a pistol in animations

the AR1 does not work

the imulator is purple and black, and sticking out the side of your crotch, plus held like pistol

gaurd gun, held like pistol

there are more technical 3rd person oddities that i cant list

try to fix some if you can

also, the headcrab spawns a headcrab npc when thrown right? its not a molotov when thrown? (refering to the beta molotov bug)

also how are the other things?

29. Post #29
    April 2009
    536 Posts
    I downloaded the first version of the pack, and I really like the improvements you did so far, one of the improvements you need for the first one though is fixing the models, when I have the immolator its on my player models crouch, it has happened with other weapons too you should really fix that. Other then that your doing a beautiful job, I would like to see the green laser for the immolator instead of the flames though.
    If you liked the first one, they the second one will be amazing. I've fixed most of the world models with help, and im workign on the green laser for the immolator. The first one was uhhh missing information 1.5 style.

Edited:

odd, there are actualy a few errors in the first version namely

the hopwire, and molotov fires like a pistol in animations

the AR1 does not work

the imulator is purple and black, and sticking out the side of your crotch, plus held like pistol

gaurd gun, held like pistol

there are more technical 3rd person oddities that i cant list

try to fix some if you can

also, the headcrab spawns a headcrab npc when thrown right? its not a molotov when thrown? (refering to the beta molotov bug)

also how are the other things?
    The ar1 works if you have Css, The next pack I've tryed to keep everything in weapon_base so everyone can use them, and the world models are harder to fix. And the molotov is actually suppost to look like the one I have, But they use the Brickbat model insted.

30. Post #30
    October 2009
    2,058 Posts
    If you liked the first one, they the second one will be amazing. I've fixed most of the world models with help, and im workign on the green laser for the immolator. The first one was uhhh missing information 1.5 style.

Edited:

The ar1 works if you have Css, The next pack I've tryed to keep everything in weapon_base so everyone can use them, and the world models are harder to fix. And the molotov is actually suppost to look like the one I have, But they use the Brickbat model insted.

oh yeah, another thing, the tau cannon has the same problem as the immolator

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    15,986 Posts
    This should be in WIP since it's not really a release, but I'm excited none the less.

BRICK BAT ANYONE ?

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,449 Posts
    - Added the Manhack
    Did you make one of your own? If so cool. I hope you didn't take the one I made and included it in your pack because there's no way that would be ok with me, credit or not. :buddy:
    Just saying, you know, in case.

Otherwise that looks like a really interesting pack, except it looks like most of it is not from you. Pardon me if I am mistaken.

33. Post #33
    April 2009
    536 Posts
    Did you make one of your own? If so cool. I hope you didn't take the one I made and included it in your pack because there's no way that would be ok with me, credit or not. :buddy:
    Just saying, you know, in case.

Otherwise that looks like a really interesting pack, except it looks like most of it is not from you. Pardon me if I am mistaken.
    Nope, The manhack I made was from the actual beta, No lua was taken from you, I already asked if I could. ;) And do you mean by most is not from me because of the credit size?

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,449 Posts
    Nope, The manhack I made was from the actual beta, No lua was taken from you, I already asked if I could. ;) And do you mean by most is not from me because of the credit size?
    Actually yes. Sorry but it's just that most packages are just a collection of other people's stuff. Most.

35. Post #35
    November 2009
    421 Posts
    Actually yes. Sorry but it's just that most packages are just a collection of other people's stuff. Most.
    This is the biggest disappointment I know of within the scripting community. :eng99:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    March 2009
    749 Posts
    Like the beta model pack I have? I know its not mine but 90% of the authors gave me an okay to include thier models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    April 2009
    536 Posts
    This is the biggest disappointment I know of within the scripting community. :eng99:
    Hey! Are you talking about my pack or repacking weapons?

38. Post #38
    November 2009
    421 Posts
    Hey! Are you talking about my pack or repacking weapons?
    I'm talking about people repacking other people's work.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    April 2009
    536 Posts
    I'm talking about people repacking other people's work.
    I agree, it's not good. Even if they did steal somones work, at least give them some form of credit.
    Right off the bat.

C'mon, it even has the picture I made.
    http://www.garrysmod.org/downloads/?a=view&id=83946

I now forgive him, because he put credit.

40. Post #40
    The Ice Axe worldmodel seems to go upside down and is quite weird when you spawn it, you can't seem to find its base.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Sweden Show Events