1. Post #1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Late Late x 7Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    1,410 Posts
    Awesome.

Edited:

Really cool poster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 25Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    August 2008
    1,725 Posts
    Got this yesterday, The first two levels were OK, but the rest was buggy and bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

4. Post #4
    June 2008
    3,707 Posts

this poster was much, much better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 46Disagree Disagree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,395 Posts
    Does anyone want to gift me Left4Dead so I can try out this highly acclaimed campaign?

I'll be your best friend! :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    June 2008
    3,707 Posts
    Does anyone want to gift me Left4Dead so I can try out this highly acclaimed campaign?

I'll be your best friend! :buddy:
    It's not worth it.

It's buggy as shit right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Informative Informative x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    3,224 Posts
    It's not worth it.

Don't forget the douchebag guy on the radio that can't be heard when you trying to kill anything. Who in their right mind that adding that moron was a good idea?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    2,395 Posts
    It's not worth it.

I could always search out bugs, and help make it better, while also enjoying the stock campaigns.

My offer for best friend still stands! :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,337 Posts
    I like the idea behind the poster but it could have been done much better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    4,661 Posts
    When I first saw the poster I thought the campaign had different survivors. Wow. Louis and Bill look alright, but what the hell happened to Francis?

Edited:

And who's the chick?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,337 Posts

this poster was much, much better.
    Why?
    There is nothing special about it, at least the other poster tried something half-way original.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Disagree Disagree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    June 2008
    3,707 Posts
    Why?
    There is nothing special about it, at least the other poster tried something half-way original.
    Almost everybody (except you and a few others apparently) hate the art style and how they have the artists name there, very boldly.

Edited:

artist's*

i miss edit so badly :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    May 2009
    1,437 Posts
    Wow, I was a skeptic about this campaign, but I just played it and :gizz: is the only way to describe it.
    Amazing, especially in the mall.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Holy shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    7,006 Posts
    The mod is very disappointing, not worth the download. You can read my rant here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 15Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    3,929 Posts
    This looks good. Going to try it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    November 2008
    1,315 Posts
    So far, I'm really not feeling it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    "Only through the elimination of violence can we achieve world peace." - Y.K. Kim
    August 2009
    7,785 Posts
    This campaign summed up:

Hell, the level in the mall where you trip the security beams unleashes a never ending horde onto you. It never ends.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,865 Posts
    I hate malls....
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    July 2009
    9,936 Posts
    Torrents :geno:
    They suck :eng99:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 8Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    4,303 Posts
    How the hell did they manage to make this a 1.1 gb file? Isn't it just a few maps?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    June 2008
    3,707 Posts
    How the hell did they manage to make this a 1.1 gb file? Isn't it just a few maps?
    and materials and models and sounds.

Edited:

Torrents :geno:
    They suck :eng99:
    No they don't!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    churboi austin
    October 2007
    13,217 Posts
    What happened to Cold Case? Did that come out?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,545 Posts
    I liked what I played of it so far, aside from the terrible bugs. It's obvious that he rushed out what he could for the Halloween release. But seriously, I was constantly using noclip just so that I could continue on through the level. Also, didn't he say that CJ would be playable?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    The reviews people are giving are quite varied. I think I'll still play it through. I downloaded both this and Cold case.

26. Post #26
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    1,703 Posts
    People should play-test their maps before releasing them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

27. Post #27
    Awesome Member
    Dennab
    January 2006
    40,350 Posts
    People should play-test their maps before releasing them.
    In this case delete them. This looks miserable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

28. Post #28
    Community Slacker
    July 2005
    8,183 Posts
    It's definitely worth a play. Still clearly a beta and I wish they advertised that it was a beta release a bit more than they did, but all in all it really wasn't that bad. They did a lot of new stuff that you don't see very much in other custom L4D maps, like a custom soundtrack, events that don't just go "push button, receive horde", and best of all full voice acting. His volume needs to be turned up, but I think the mall security guy is a pretty awesome addition.

I'm definitely not going to overlook its bugs. Some of them just made me go "how didn't they notice this?" The bugs were fairly minor, though, and if you installed everything correctly then most of the problems I read about don't happen at all.

Conclusion? I thought it was fun and definitely creative. Could use a lot more work, but I'm sure they're on it. Can't wait to see the finale map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #29
    November 2008
    1,315 Posts
    God, this is a horrible campaign. Just, flat out terrible. Some terrible design decisions, horrible bugs that lead to instant deaths out of NOWHERE, and more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    3,353 Posts
    This is why these sort of things can't be left to the community.

Give us a Mall level for L4D 1 Valve :argh:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Ireland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    3,545 Posts
    This is why these sort of things can't be left to the community.

Give us a Mall level for L4D 1 Valve :argh:
    Dead Center?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Bad Reading Bad Reading x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,874 Posts
    Well I played it with a few friends and it's unfinished, buggy, unnecessarily hard and even unfair in some areas, and some of the later areas are labyrinthine for no reason. most notably the office and grocery store in part 4 the mapper in-charge of these sections needs to be shot.

Do us all a favor and FINISH IT before you make us download a 1gig torrent.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    2,157 Posts
    Dead Center?
    He's asking for a Mall level for Left4Dead 1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Portugal Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    2,337 Posts
    I hate malls, advertisements being shoved in your face everywhere you look.
    Not to mention the horrible smell of giant pretzel dough and fast food.
    And fat chicks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,231 Posts
    God, this is a horrible campaign. Just, flat out terrible. Some terrible design decisions, horrible bugs that lead to instant deaths out of NOWHERE, and more.
    Then stop being so politically correct and put that in the article! :3

Edited:

You'll save a lot of bandwith.

Edited:

and time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    3,123 Posts
    I'll play it in l4d2. L4d1 maps work in l4d2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

37. Post #37
    November 2008
    1,315 Posts
    Then stop being so politically correct and put that in the article! :3

Edited:

You'll save a lot of bandwith.

Edited:

and time.
    Screw that, I'm already working on a review. Or rather, I would be if 2 out of the 5 chapters would actually load for me without bringing up a DEBUGGER. Seriously, is anybody else running into this crap on Chapters 2 and 5?

38. Post #38
    June 2009
    2,020 Posts
    Screw that, I'm already working on a review. Or rather, I would be if 2 out of the 5 chapters would actually load for me without bringing up a DEBUGGER. Seriously, is anybody else running into this crap on Chapters 2 and 5?
    Zips is the edgiest news guy around
    :coolfish:

39. Post #39
    August 2009
    2,988 Posts
    People seem to be dissapointed by DBD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Croatia Show Events Informative Informative x 3 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    3,111 Posts
    I think the original mall would've fared better.