1. Post #1
    April 2009
    644 Posts
    Ok so im not exactly the most tech savvie person. I know theres another way to do this but, I used Xfire to get my specs. How do I know what its better and worse than?

Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5800 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 4094MB RAM
    Hard Drive: 125 GB
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS
    Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
    Sound Card: Speakers (2- Realtek High Definition Audio)
    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.090302-1506)

(also its a laptop if that has anything to do with it.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1Funny Funny x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,173 Posts
    I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say here. What are you comparing this to?

3. Post #3
    April 2009
    644 Posts
    Well anything, like I have no idea about processors, I do know atleast that the higher number doesn't make something better...

EDIT: I know about ram and shit I guess I want to know mostly about camparing processors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,371 Posts
    It's a decent laptop, not bad, but not anything to take note of.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2009
    887 Posts
    Uhh what kind of an answer are you looking for?

Edited:

e.g. the processor is better than a pentium 2 and worse than an i7 860?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,173 Posts
    Yeah, it's a decent laptop. Would run a lot of games, but nothing too high-end.

First thing you need to know about processors is that Laptop Processors are worse than Desktop processors. Other than that, you can usually go chronologically. eg. a 2.6ghz dual core that runs on 65nm is generally worse than one running on 45nm architecture.

Dual cores are usually faster than quad cores, so they're good for single tasking, but quad-core support is fast on the rise with most new programs.

If you want to get a good idea about what processors are good and what processors are bad, I strongly recommend you search up benchmarks for the processor in question.

Googling "T5800 Benchmark" came up with this:
    http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_look...00+%40+2.00GHz

7. Post #7
    February 2009
    168 Posts
    Well anything, like I have no idea about processors, I do know atleast that the higher number doesn't make something better...

EDIT: I know about ram and shit I guess I want to know mostly about camparing processors.

What is RAM? What does RAM stand for?

You don't know anything about ram.

Anyways, OP is some complete, computer illiterate person and is asking for someone to explain everything on how one computer can be better than another.

(User was banned for this post ("This reply is not helpful" - verynicelady))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 25Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    1,025 Posts

Anyways, OP is some complete, computer illiterate person and is asking for someone to explain everything on how one computer can be better than another.
    so?

quit bitching and help.

and yeah op, all you need to do is google for benchmarks, for each of the pieces of hardware you are looking for. pretty much one of the easiest ways to eventually learn what is better than what.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Arab Emirates Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    452 Posts

What's your problem? OP's just asking for help. I'm sure that at one point in your life, you were like that too.

Now, what are you trying to ask? You can run benchmark programs like 3Dmark and compare it with others. That'll give you a pretty good idea about how your computer is compared to others. Keep in mind that since it's a laptop, your computer will obviously be a little slower and perform worse in the benchmarks than someone with say a GTX 295 and i7 975.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,175 Posts
    It's a mid end ASUS laptop. Decent. It's absolutely average.

11. Post #11
    April 2009
    680 Posts
    You're laptop is better than my pc...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 4Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    3,114 Posts

Random Access Memory.
    Stop flaming and help, everyone knew nothing at one point or another.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    January 2009
    426 Posts

How do you know he doesn't? If you're not planning to help you should shut the fuck up and stay out of the thread.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    7,788 Posts

:irony:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Dennab
    September 2009
    781 Posts
    You're laptop is better than my pc...
    your

Edited:

hahaha ~owned~

Edited:

OP

Its a decent laptop, but nothing near to a desktop replacement/light gaming laptop.

but if that was a desktop (but it isn't) it would most likely be in a ITX mobo. I've got the NVIDIA 9300 chipset in my zotac 9300 itx board.

Edited:

micro itx*

boarked my automerge
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,619 Posts
    It isn't the best machine in the world, though the CPU could be better.

17. Post #17
    April 2009
    644 Posts
    I wasn't expecting it to be really anything that good, I would get a better desktop but I need a latptop since im always taking it to places.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    8,443 Posts
    Are you trying to grow your e-peen?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,175 Posts
    Are you trying to grow your e-peen?
    He wants to make a signature for the overclocker forum. He'll be the envy of everyone.

20. Post #20
    April 2009
    644 Posts
    How would posting this be an attempt to grow me e-penis... Its not exactly specs to show off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)