1. Post #1
    Sour Grapes
    March 2007
    4,700 Posts
    I'm using the router in the title, which supports ADSL2+. This is what my internet connection is (20mbps)

I understand that ADSL only supports 8Mbps. ADSL is what the router is set to at the moment and I can't seem to find any options anywhere to set it to ADSL2+.

Does anyone here know how netgear routers work?

Thanks.

2. Post #2
    Cynical Moderator
    July 2005
    1,343 Posts
    Almost sure it should be auto-sensing ADSL2+. Brb, checking netgear support

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    Tried updating the firmware to newest version??

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    362 Posts
    Somehow I believe this is not the best place for Netgear support, I do remember going to their site for getting info on why my network was dead using Netgear...

Oh wait that was D-link, crap..

5. Post #5
    Sour Grapes
    March 2007
    4,700 Posts
    Somehow I believe this is not the best place for Netgear support, I do remember going to their site for getting info on why my network was dead using Netgear...

Oh wait that was D-link, crap..
    I know it's not the best place but to be honest I hate using support services.

Edited:

What the hell my router isn't even listed on their website...

6. Post #6
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2005
    634 Posts
    As birkett said it should automatically detect an ADSL2+ line. If it's not doing that it's usually because your ISP has set your line to standard ADSL due to significant noise on the line, to make sure it's stable. If you've had ADSL2+ in the past with a different router I don't know
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    15,159 Posts
    As birkett said it should automatically detect an ADSL2+ line. If it's not doing that it's usually because your ISP has set your line to standard ADSL due to significant noise on the line, to make sure it's stable. If you've had ADSL2+ in the past with a different router I don't know
    In that case, Bengley is being ripped by his ISP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Sour Grapes
    March 2007
    4,700 Posts
    I literally changed the router over yesterday from the standard o2 one and now it sucks.