1. Post #1
    I will huff and puff and FLIP YOUR FUCKING TABLES
    October 2005
    7,052 Posts
    Don't ask why, but I've been obsessed with old hardware recently. I've been collecting various bits from my neighbours and stuff and even trying to get them to work.
    I recently became very interested in the Commodore Amiga, and while emulating the thing(s) is rather fun, it'd be even more fun to have the real thing.
    Anyway, to the point..Does anyone know where it'd be possible to find and buy an intact Amiga? Preferably a 1200, or a 500..?
    I have looked on ebay, I have googled it, I have looked on craigslist..I could only find things like cases, cards, games, or "new" Amigas. (PPC based, useless.)

2. Post #2

3. Post #3
    October 2005
    7,052 Posts
    Oh, forgot to mention, I live in the US.

4. Post #4
    February 2006
    1,735 Posts
    If you live in, or around boston...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-AMIGA-10...d=p3286.c0.m14

If you live in Central Florida, I have an old Commodore Monitor, I would let you have it for free.

5. Post #5
    October 2005
    7,052 Posts
    I live in Pennsylvania. ><

6. Post #6
    CISC MASTER RACE.
    January 2008
    4,817 Posts
    FreeGeek gets them from time to time.
    I got an Amiga 500 and it's awesome. I even got a 3D rendering program to boot.
    Also, the Amiga is not really Vintage per-say. If you want somethign REALLY obscure and aged, look for something from the Sun (SPARC processors), IBM (POWER processors), SGI (MIPS processors or even Motorola 68020/68030 if you wanna play with an IRIS), DIGITAL (Alpha processors) or HP (PA-RISC) though if you get any of the above systems, good luck finding the installation media :P

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    1,429 Posts
    I have an old Amiga500 consumed the first 5 years of my gaming life.

Open the fucker up and look. They print song title's on the motherboad.

Mine says "B52's - Rock Lobster"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #8
    October 2005
    7,052 Posts
    I have an old Amiga500 consumed the first 5 years of my gaming life.

Open the fucker up and look. They print song title's on the motherboad.

Mine says "B52's - Rock Lobster"
    Can I have it?
    pentium posted:
    FreeGeek gets them from time to time.
    I got an Amiga 500 and it's awesome. I even got a 3D rendering program to boot.
    Also, the Amiga is not really Vintage per-say. If you want somethign REALLY obscure and aged, look for something from the Sun (SPARC processors), IBM (POWER processors), SGI (MIPS processors or even Motorola 68020/68030 if you wanna play with an IRIS), DIGITAL (Alpha processors) or HP (PA-RISC) though if you get any of the above systems, good luck finding the installation media :P
    Eh, not exactly looking for something vintage, just something old-ish but really cool to have around.
    I would have a Pentium Pro system but I blew up the power supply for it. (It was a Dell, big surprise!)
    Oh, and FreeGeek doesn't seem to actually SHIP things..? It's just a store in OR..And I live in Pennsylvania, with very limited transportation.

9. Post #9
    Facepunch iSeries!
    November 2007
    4,363 Posts
    I used to have an Amiga 500, Can't remember what we did with it though. Sold it when we got our first proper PC probably.

10. Post #10
    October 2005
    7,052 Posts
    I used to have an Amiga 500, Can't remember what we did with it though. Sold it when we got our first proper PC probably.
    Should've kept it.

11. Post #11
    CISC MASTER RACE.
    January 2008
    4,817 Posts
    Can I have it?

Eh, not exactly looking for something vintage, just something old-ish but really cool to have around.
    I would have a Pentium Pro system but I blew up the power supply for it. (It was a Dell, big surprise!)
    Oh, and FreeGeek doesn't seem to actually SHIP things..? It's just a store in OR..And I live in Pennsylvania, with very limited transportation.
    Riiiight. I forgot you are not close to Boston.
    Meh, just get an SGI. Indigo2 systems usually sell for dirt cheap and sometimes for just shipping (which is fun as thee cases are 96% steel and the rest is the plastic cover).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    October 2005
    7,052 Posts
    Ooh.
    Those things look neat.

13. Post #13
    June 2008
    633 Posts
    http://forums.benheck.com/viewforum....7300f353b7c6c0
    Here And Swap meets will be your best bet.