1. Post #1
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,096 Posts
    Ok, my dad ordered an EasyCAP usb capture plugin without any research. Turns out this thing doesnt work. There's a million different errors that it could come with, the video editor/recorder it comes with might be useful but the driver doesnt even work. I've followed the odd driver setup and I get 0 FPS on the screen. I cant send video to anything else... If this worked correctly I could use my xbox as a webcam as well as my VHS camera. I'm using fraps and it says 0 in the corner were it should say something like 56 or 124 or such.

Also there is no possible fix for this that is findable via google/youtube.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,027 Posts
    Your using an EasyCAP, you don't use FRAPS. Dumbass. Put in the CD, make sure the EasyCAP isn't plugged in and install everything. EVERYTHING. Then when its done, restart your computer, plug it in, run both programs until your brain finds which one is for VIDEO EDITING and VIDEO CAPTURING.
    Then do what I have, get a few ysplits and some extention cables. Plug one row of the extensions into the EasyCAP, then split the ends on the other side using Y Splits and connect the A V from the TV and the A V from the XBOX. Red to Red, White to White, Yellow to Yellow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,096 Posts
    Your using an EasyCAP, you don't use FRAPS. Dumbass. Put in the CD, make sure the EasyCAP isn't plugged in and install everything. EVERYTHING. Then when its done, restart your computer, plug it in, run both programs until your brain finds which one is for VIDEO EDITING and VIDEO CAPTURING.
    Then do what I have, get a few ysplits and some extention cables. Plug one row of the extensions into the EasyCAP, then split the ends on the other side using Y Splits and connect the A V from the TV and the A V from the XBOX. Red to Red, White to White, Yellow to Yellow.
    I can't own an EasyCAP and Fraps at the same time? Why the hell not?

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    1,756 Posts
    He didn't say that. He said that you should NOT use Fraps while using EasyCAP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Denmark Show Events

5. Post #5
    Diamond Member
    January 2009
    8,096 Posts
    He didn't say that. He said that you should NOT use Fraps while using EasyCAP.
    He was assuming I thought to use fraps for recording or something... I just noticed it was warning me I had no FPS.

6. Post #6
    SirCrest Sexual Enthusiast
    August 2008
    14,605 Posts
    Fraps is for recording GAMES not video's or streams, anyway For viewing If you said you can run it as a webcam, use AMCAP, Very good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,027 Posts
    You wanted help with an EasyCAP, then you come out and say you don't have an EasyCAP.
    You are really, really stupid.

8. Post #8
    June 2008
    133 Posts
    You wanted help with an EasyCAP, then you come out and say you don't have an EasyCAP.
    You are really, really stupid.
    This
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

9. Post #9
    August 2010
    12 Posts
    (If you have a easycap) You can use free program's to captue it. I self used AMcap, but now I'm using Virtualdub. Both good programs and free. Not hard to use if you no something about computers, or else lots of tutorials on youtube.

(User was banned for this post ("Bumping multiple threads" - birkett))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Bad Reading Bad Reading x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    June 2010
    173 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete New Zealand Show Events