1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,029 Posts
    Like the other thread, this is a suggestion.

For anyone (if anyone) who doesn't like Pipeline and doesn't feel like leaving the server I suggest playing medic, but with a twist.
    You seek out and attempt to kill everyone in sight while still being partially beneficial to your team, or not.
    Hence, you become something in the limbo between useless and useful. Very entertaining, even if you dislike the map.

Previous thread:
    http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=778914

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts
    I teamed up with a Krieg Medic named Dr. House M.D.:fuckyou: And we got 26 points in one life, AND won all 3 CTF Caps in a single round.
    We fucking went 2 on 3 with Heavies.

House, if you're out there, I've been looking everywhere for you, goddamnit.

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,382 Posts
    I hate people who call themselves battle medics. Either go another class that's MADE for fighting or do your god damn job.

4. Post #4
    ultimate poster
    November 2007
    13,574 Posts
    I hate people who call themselves battle medics. Either go another class that's MADE for fighting or do your god damn job.
    Fucking this. If you can do well as a battle medic you'd be doing better as a soldier or pyro or scout or any of the other fighting classes.

Especially hate it when there's class restrictions and the only medic slot is taken up by a medic that doesn't heal. Well fuck your shit.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,485 Posts
    Yeah, battle medics are shit

Except for when they're the last guy on arena, the only time I condone there behaviour

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    6,757 Posts
    Actually, the only job for the player is to have fun. If they have fun being a battle medic, let them be a battle medic. Boo hoo they're not doing what you want them to do, they're playing the game and having fun doing it.

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,039 Posts
    Any battle medic with a brain will heal and buff his teammates, it's just that instead of standing behind them, you fight beside them.

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    October 2006
    1,382 Posts
    Actually, the only job for the player is to have fun. If they have fun being a battle medic, let them be a battle medic. Boo hoo they're not doing what you want them to do, they're playing the game and having fun doing it.
    They're also ruining it for everyone else since they're not healing their teammates causing them to die.

If you are a medic then heal people. If you want to fight go another class because they are better at fighting than the medic. It's that simple.

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    11,513 Posts
    The hell is with the shitty colored flames?

10. Post #10
    July 2009
    2,170 Posts
    oh god someone is having fun with a friend on the game oh fucking god no

11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    5,039 Posts
    They're also ruining it for everyone else since they're not healing their teammates causing them to die.

If you are a medic then heal people. If you want to fight go another class because they are better at fighting than the medic. It's that simple.
    Any battle medic with a brain will heal and buff his teammates, it's just that instead of standing behind them, you fight beside them.

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    1,285 Posts
    I'll play medic how I want to.

The world will play medic how THEY want to.

you're not my mom

I personally win arena matches because using the blutsauger totally owns people, and they can't down me quick enough, so I heal mah wounds

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    18,248 Posts
    Wrong team. I'm causing the Enemies to die.

And the Medic has his own flare to the Offensive position.

The HUMILIATION brought by being killed by a man of Science.

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    1,029 Posts
    The hell is with the shitty colored flames?
    I like making and editing particles rather than installing shitty skins, neon blue and bright pink were the next on my list of unused colors.

also arguments
    :buddy:

15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    15,981 Posts
    ITT : People too lazy to change to medic (If there is no class restriction)

16. Post #16
    April 2008
    62 Posts
    I play medic like gamerkiwi explains. I heal and buff out of combat, and stop healing my patient and start needling by his side when enemies get near. guy in the video is meh, if he can melee decently he'd be better served by demo or scout.

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,457 Posts

Oh my gosh THIS.

Reminds me of my most rage inducing experience with a "Battle Medic"
    I remember when I was playing as a Demoman, I had 4points of health left and there was this "Battle Medic" (only one on the team by the way), infront of me shooting enemies with that almost useless needle gun of his. I was pressing "E" calling medic frantically trying to get this asshat's attention. BUT NOOOOOOO HE MUST SHOOT THE HEAVY THAT'S GOT A MEDIC DOING IT'S JOB SUPPORTING HIM. I'm trying to keep the cart in place (map was Goldrush) while dancing around rockets and grenades trying to get this dumbass "Battle Medic" to heal me.
    After 30 seconds of this crap I finally ate a rocket sandwich and that fucking jerk carried on shooting the heavy with no affect what so ever. After ignoring several other teammates and insisting on carrying on with his trued and failed method of pestering he got taken out by a Scout and that was that.

I switched to Medic and did what this asshat couldn't do. HEAL AND HELP OTHER PLAYERS.

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    5,233 Posts
    ...Lioness?

God I hate that bitch :argh:

19. Post #19
    July 2009
    775 Posts
    Battle Medics can be useful if they do heal some and deploy ubercharges if they need it. As long as a medic heals but can also get some kills in battle mode I don't have a problem with it.

20. Post #20
    Internet Detective in BRICK (HBIED certified)
    May 2007
    12,094 Posts
    ...Lioness?

God I hate that bitch :argh:
    why

21. Post #21
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,284 Posts
    i dont do my job as a medic to piss people off
    it's p. fun

22. Post #22
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,687 Posts
    Doctor knows best, Battle Medics are fun.

23. Post #23
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,988 Posts
    Anyone who dislikes battle medics and think they should switch class are overlooking that fact that he is fucking GERMAN. He will THROW YOU IN A FUCKING GAS CHAMBER if you so much as disagree with him. And we all know he makes good stuff. Fuck yeah.

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,433 Posts
    I only battle medic when I need to.
    I.E my buddy dies in the enemies' intel room.
    And I can hold my own against soldiers and scouts pretty well.

25. Post #25
    March 2009
    50 Posts
    Battle medics can be one of the most useful classes out there
    depending on the skill level of the player and if they know how to play it correctly
    Good Battle medics can get an uber charge insanely fast and uber their teammates causing a win
    i myself have done it many times and Ive just started using the Battle medic

26. Post #26
    July 2009
    2,170 Posts
    Oh my gosh THIS.

Reminds me of my most rage inducing experience with a "Battle Medic"
    I remember when I was playing as a Demoman, I had 4points of health left and there was this "Battle Medic" (only one on the team by the way), infront of me shooting enemies with that almost useless needle gun of his. I was pressing "E" calling medic frantically trying to get this asshat's attention. BUT NOOOOOOO HE MUST SHOOT THE HEAVY THAT'S GOT A MEDIC DOING IT'S JOB SUPPORTING HIM. I'm trying to keep the cart in place (map was Goldrush) while dancing around rockets and grenades trying to get this dumbass "Battle Medic" to heal me.
    After 30 seconds of this crap I finally ate a rocket sandwich and that fucking jerk carried on shooting the heavy with no affect what so ever. After ignoring several other teammates and insisting on carrying on with his trued and failed method of pestering he got taken out by a Scout and that was that.

I switched to Medic and did what this asshat couldn't do. HEAL AND HELP OTHER PLAYERS.
    Or maybe the guy just wants to play with a friend. you wouldn't understand...

27. Post #27
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    825 Posts
    Syringe gun is useless. Seriously, it's a horrible weapon that does practically no damage and doesn't even shoot straight.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,485 Posts
    Syringe gun is useless. Seriously, it's a horrible weapon that does practically no damage and doesn't even shoot straight.
    ehh it's nice, especially for a getaway WHICH IS WHAT IT'S DESIGNED FOR

29. Post #29
    November 2008
    4,641 Posts
    Troll successful.

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    3,485 Posts
    He's not a troll

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,661 Posts
    You do know what an arc is, right? If you do, the next step is figuring out what the needle's arc is, which takes about 5 seconds. If you actually hit your target, which is relatively easy, then you can kill them quickly.

Personally, I don't really like battle medics. That isn't what they're put in the game for, and that's why other classes do the same thing, but better.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    22,433 Posts
    lol
    good joke
    But seriously, It's crits are terrifying. It's a rain of death when it crits.
    But most people use the Blutsauger, because I would sacrifice crits for getaway any day.

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    5,718 Posts
    Why is everyone complaining about Medics that shoot or melee EVEN when there's a perfect situation and everyone nearby is overhealed?
    Also do you prefer seeing them as they run off the battlefield holding Medigun?
    Medics are not designed for combat, but god damn it he can't just stick to Medigun all the time!

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    8,249 Posts
    You know, TF2 isn't real life but in real-life Medics are soldiers first, medics last.

(Or rather, 50/50)

What I'm saying, A good medic in TF2 knows when to fight and when to heal

If valve never wanted him to fight, he wouldn't have a gun and melee weapon and wouldn't have 2 upgrades that PROMOTE combat

(+3 health, 25% uber on melee)

35. Post #35
    July 2007
    23 Posts
    Oh Heaven forbid that Medics decide to actually fight back. We're your Medics, not your mommies. You want me to tuck you in and sing you a lullaby, Mein Heavy?

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    1,415 Posts
    You know, TF2 isn't real life but in real-life Medics are soldiers first, medics last.

(Or rather, 50/50)

What I'm saying, A good medic in TF2 knows when to fight and when to heal

If valve never wanted him to fight, he wouldn't have a gun and melee weapon and wouldn't have 2 upgrades that PROMOTE combat

(+3 health, 25% uber on melee)
    Actually medics in real life are medics first, then soldiers. Well, atleast in WWI-Cold war, I don't know shit about iraq and iranian wars.

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,506 Posts
    DEAR PATIENTS:

PLEASE DO NOT CHASE DOWN AND KILL THE OBVIOUS SPIES IN FRONT OF US YOU STUPID FAGGOT. LET ME KILL THEM WITH THE UBERSAW.

SERIOUSLY

-your medic

38. Post #38
    June 2008
    2,394 Posts
    DEAR PATIENTS:

PLEASE DO NOT CHASE DOWN AND KILL THE OBVIOUS SPIES IN FRONT OF US YOU STUPID FAGGOT. LET ME KILL THEM WITH THE UBERSAW.

SERIOUSLY

-your medic
    This.

39. Post #39
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    2,661 Posts
    Oh Heaven forbid that Medics decide to actually fight back. We're your Medics, not your mommies. You want me to tuck you in and sing you a lullaby, Mein Heavy?
    Yes, because fighting is more important when there's a dying teammate next to you. Ayah, that makes sense.

40. Post #40
    I am a pasty white nerd who gets offended for black people because I have nothing better to do
    July 2006
    5,945 Posts
    i'd like you to heal me when i'm playing heavy, on fire, with 5 HP left, spamming the medic button, and you're standing right next to me thinking your kill count is more important than healing people

Edited:

The only time I like battlemedics is when they're trying to get to a patient in need or when they're taking out enemies coming from behind