1. Post #1

April 2009
    36 Posts
    So ive got my server working perfectly with DarkRP and now im trying to use shurikens for a ninja class and therefore want my users to download the models and textures when they join. I think ive followed the instructions and made my resources.lua file in lua/autorun/server/ and inside i have:

resource.addfile ("addons/shuriken/models/jaanus/shuriken_big.mdl")
    (and other files needed)

but when i join my server it doesn't download any of the files. Its probably me being stupid and missing something but any help would be appreciated.

2. Post #2

July 2009
    17 Posts
    Sounds like a virus.

3. Post #3

April 2009
    36 Posts
    Sounds like a virus.
    definately not...

4. Post #4

July 2009
    17 Posts
    definately not...
    I've been coding for 3 years.

It is a virus.

5. Post #5

April 2009
    36 Posts
    I've been coding for 3 years.

It is a virus.
    so your saying my computer has a virus?

6. Post #6

July 2009
    17 Posts
    Scan your entire computer.

7. Post #7
    October 2008
    1,316 Posts
    Can an admin ban this little 2 year old from the forums? all he is saying is people have viruses. If you want to help cature, then help. and if your too damned stupid to where all u can say is "mabye its a virus" then GTFO. you have 7 of your 8 posts about viruses.

take a look:
    http://www.facepunch.com/search.php?searchid=513375

8. Post #8
    December 2007
    209 Posts
    Scan your entire computer.
    troll is trolling

its resource.AddFile("models/jaanus/shuriken_big.mdl")
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    October 2008
    1,316 Posts
    ignore him >.>

10. Post #10

April 2009
    36 Posts
    ignore him >.>
    thankyou

ill try it now

11. Post #11
    October 2008
    1,316 Posts
    now. most functions in Lua are *Case Sensitive*. otherwise, the code gets confused with variables. so first off, fix your resource.addfile to resource.AddFile like Bang Train posted.

edit:
    also remove "addons/shuriken"

you dont need this because of how addons work. its 2 am and i dont feel like explaining it right now

12. Post #12

April 2009
    36 Posts
    now. most functions in Lua are *Case Sensitive*. otherwise, the code gets confused with variables. so first off, fix your resource.addfile to resource.AddFile like Bang Train posted.
    totally forgot about that as well >.< thanks, pretty new to lua

13. Post #13
    October 2008
    1,316 Posts
    lol dont forget about Bang Train :) he was the one that made my mind spark. i cant think straight right now. but istead of actually just giving code, its better to explain things so that way you dont make the same mistake again.

14. Post #14

April 2009
    36 Posts
    Works perfectly thankyou all so much. Bang train, i want to have your babies.