1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    Galago's Avatar
    November 2008
    2,965 Posts
    Howdy, Facepunch. I'm here with my first interactive MS Paint thread.
    Fuck, another one?
    Yes. Get over it or get out.
    Oh, how original.
    inorite?

    Rules:
    - Respond to the bolded question in your post.
    - I will not read any suggestions beyond the first three posts after my most recent post.
    - I will use the most agree'd with post of the first three.
    - If all 3 are equal in agreement, I will pick the best of the first three posts.
    - Valid commands: /inventory, /map
    ---

    Backstory: In the year 2027, the world has been ravaged by a world-wide zombie apocalypse. In the United States, all life has been sucked up, save for one place: Artifact City. Artifact City has long been a safehaven for the remaining survivors of this ravenous apocalypse. Now, things are about to change.

    We begin our story here, in downtown Artifact City, Aliah St.

    First off, pick your character and name him:

  2. Post #2
    Seppuku's Avatar
    July 2009
    238 Posts
    First one.

    Name: Dick Von Fattey

  3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    Person557's Avatar
    August 2006
    402 Posts
    Second one.

    Professor Badass

  4. Post #4
    IplayAspy's Avatar
    November 2008
    1,266 Posts
    Hey at least this ones not so shitty drawn! First one and call him:

    Schmutt Limpwood. :buddy:

  5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    John Fisher's Avatar
    December 2008
    1,659 Posts
    The right one and name him Sam.

  6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    Galago's Avatar
    November 2008
    2,965 Posts
    Our character, Schmutt Limpwood, awakes with a throbbing headache. He looks around.



    Our character has no recollection of where he is, how he got there, or what has happened to him. All he can remember is his name.

    What shall Schmutt do?
    (remember, valid commands are /inventory and /map. /inventory will be available once Schmutt picks up an item; /map will become available once Schmutt explores more of the area.)

  7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    nono345's Avatar
    September 2005
    1,434 Posts
    unplug his router, plug it back in

  8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    John Fisher's Avatar
    December 2008
    1,659 Posts
    Bring the cell phone put the key in your inventory (might need it to get in a locked door) and read the notes.

  9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    TimeBomb's Avatar
    May 2006
    652 Posts
    finish writing his memoirs on the papers.

  10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    Dasutin's Avatar
    July 2006
    660 Posts
    Check under the desk for enemies.

  11. Post #11
    Gold Member
    Galago's Avatar
    November 2008
    2,965 Posts
    Bring the cell phone put the key in your inventory (might need it to get in a locked door) and read the notes.
    Will do; give me a bit, I'm watching a movie.
    ---

    You grab the key, putting it in your pocket.
    Code:
    /inventory:
    +add "key"
    Then, you notice the papers. On closer examination:

  12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    John Fisher's Avatar
    December 2008
    1,659 Posts
    4

  13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    Galago's Avatar
    November 2008
    2,965 Posts
    You're doing it wrong. That's not an options list, it's what was on the paper.

    Edited:

    And remember; you have no idea where you are or how you got there.

  14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    xamllew's Avatar
    November 2005
    3,838 Posts
    Talk to Bill about gun.

  15. Post #15
    Gold Member
    Cpt.Funkymonk's Avatar
    August 2008
    1,590 Posts
    Call number

  16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    Galago's Avatar
    November 2008
    2,965 Posts
    Talk to Bill about gun.
    Christ, you people just can't grasp the concept that, well, it's not a choice list, but rather items on a scrap of paper. "Who is Bill?" "What gun?" "What's his number?" If you wanted to complete 4., you'd need to investigate further.

    Edited:

    Call number
    You, on the other hand, ARE doing it right. Give me a few and I'll make the next screen.

    ---
    You pick up the cell phone on the table, and dial the number on the paper.



    ~ring ring~

    A gruff voice on the other end answers.

    Gruff Voice: "Yello?"
    Schmutt: "Yeah, hi. Who's this?"
    Gruff Voice: "Limpwood? That you?"
    Schmutt: "Sure. May, I, uhh, ask who you are?"
    Gruff Voice: "It's Bill, smartass."
    Schmutt: "Right, well, uhh..."

    Not wanting to look like a mental case, you grab your notes, hoping for something to help you out with this conversation.
    Ahah, number 4; call Bill about the gun!

    Schmutt: "Yeah, so, when can I pick up my gun?"
    Bill: "Come on down this afternoon. I'll be around 'till 'bout 4 or so."
    Schmutt: "Where are you again?"
    Bill: "Right on Aliah St., 2841."
    Schmutt: "Alright, thanks. Later Bill."

    You hang up the phone, confused but slightly placated by the fact that you know have a goal: get to Bill's and pick up your gun.
    Yet, you still wonder... "who am I? How did I get here?" These will be things you must investigate further, but at a later time. Focus on your short term goal; get to Bill's.

    You look around you for an exit to the outside world.



    How will our hero make his exit?

  17. Post #17
    PERKELE
    JoonazL's Avatar
    May 2009
    5,988 Posts
    Jump out the window screaming: Hanzaloo!

  18. Post #18
    Joshua-029's Avatar
    May 2008
    1,414 Posts
    Open the Rug. There might be something useful under there.

  19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    Klammyxxl's Avatar
    April 2009
    3,504 Posts
    Walk to the door
    /inventory:
    use "key"

  20. Post #20
    Gold Member

    February 2009
    2,339 Posts
    Opening the door would alert the horde. Crawl out the window.

  21. Post #21
    Gold Member
    Galago's Avatar
    November 2008
    2,965 Posts
    Hmm... I'll just incorporate all of your ideas. I'll do a big post exploring all the options tomorrow. It's 4:10 AM... must sleep sometime.

  22. Post #22
    Joshua-029's Avatar
    May 2008
    1,414 Posts
    Also, regarding your first post about how There's to many Interactive stories. I must say I don't mind them. It's just the fact that most of them suck.

  23. Post #23
    PERKELE
    JoonazL's Avatar
    May 2009
    5,988 Posts
    Opening the door would alert the horde. Crawl out the window.
    No, jump out of it screaming: Hanzaloo!

  24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    Waerlock's Avatar
    October 2006
    302 Posts
    No, jump out of it screaming: Hanzaloo!
    Now that would be awesome, do it!

  25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    John Fisher's Avatar
    December 2008
    1,659 Posts
    Use the key to open the door if its locked.

  26. Post #26
    Galagidae's Avatar
    July 2009
    29 Posts
    Hi guys. My main account got a day-long ban for "not a question thread", so I'll be filling in for myself.
    ---
    You walk over to the door and attempt to open it, but it's locked.


    /inventory
    use "key"

    Still, no luck. That key definitely isn't the right one for the door.

    What now?
    --Remember guys, he can always go explore; you're not limited to what you directly see here.

  27. Post #27
    Sourcegamer8's Avatar
    June 2008
    4,658 Posts
    Now will you kindly jump out the window screaming: Hanzaloo! like Joonaz wanted?

  28. Post #28
    Gold Member

    February 2009
    2,339 Posts
    Hanzaloo this comic up.

  29. Post #29
    Galagidae's Avatar
    July 2009
    29 Posts
    Mkay, give me a bit.
    ---
    In a rash and daring move, you rush over to the window, and, with a running start, jump out of it screaming, "Hanzaloo!!".


    Unfortunately, you forgot to look out of it first.


    You are dead. Please try again.
    ...
    Just kidding

    You happened to be lucky enough to land on a conveniently placed trampoline.




    You land safely on the sidewalk.


    After regaining your senses, you glance up:


    What will our hero do now?

    *The arrows mean you can explore further in either direction.

  30. Post #30

    April 2009
    18 Posts
    -snip-

  31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    Waerlock's Avatar
    October 2006
    302 Posts
    Go to bills.

  32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    John Fisher's Avatar
    December 2008
    1,659 Posts
    Go 2 bills.

  33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    Person557's Avatar
    August 2006
    402 Posts
    Bill sucks, go to Francis's

  34. Post #34
    Galagidae's Avatar
    July 2009
    29 Posts
    I'll have the next picture up in an hour or so.
    ---
    Ehh, I'm tired. Tomorrow.

  35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    Dasutin's Avatar
    July 2006
    660 Posts
    Go to Keys 'R Us and ask them if you've made any transactions there recently.

  36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    tehfrog's Avatar
    July 2007
    3,479 Posts
    Go to Keys 'R Us and ask them if you've made any transactions there recently.
    Agreed. If not, ask him if he sells lock picks.

  37. Post #37
    Gold Member

    October 2007
    2,316 Posts
    Look in the trash can next to Bill's or whatever it is.

  38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    Galago's Avatar
    November 2008
    2,965 Posts
    Give me a few and I'll combine some of your ideas.
    ---

    Logically, you head over to Bill's. Unfortunately, the door is locked.



    Your key is useless.

    Then, out of the corner of your eye, you notice a trash can... maybe it holds something useful? You head over to check it out:



    In it, you find:
    1. a half-filled bottle
    2. a copy of today's paper
    3. a talking parrot with an eye patch

    1. Should you stash anything from the trash in your inventory?
    2. What should you do next?


    *psst: you can only hold three things in your inventory at once.

    Edited:

    Oh, and don't worry; I'll get to the zombies fairly soon. I'm trying to develop some sort of back story.

  39. Post #39
    Galagidae's Avatar
    July 2009
    29 Posts
    Updated above; letting you know because, instead of a new post, I edited an older one, so it appears as if nothing has changed.

  40. Post #40

    May 2009
    7 Posts
    I read the copy of today's paper.